EVO 2009: Fighting Game Championships - July 17 - 19, Las Vegas, NV (At the Rio!)

Jay, look forward to meeting you this weekend too!

Updated list....

1) MarkMan
2) JEKKI
3) B:L
4) heavyd853
5) grayzieoriental
6) Mr. Beef
7) n8nmonster
8) akuma001
9)
10)
11)
12)

So can i go there and just walk into the evo thing and watch people play? Or do you have to sign up. Its only a few hours away, i might go to check it out.

This will be my first time going to EVO, what do I do just go to the Rio and ask where it's being held?

Are you guys meeting up somewhere?

Do Daigo and Justin Wong start in the Pools? They are who I really want to see most.
Also can we buy and EVO bag there? Should I bring SFIV and Blazblue to get them signed maybe?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm hyped to watch tomorrow. I got plenty of Energy Drinks.
If you guys are down to chill in the hotel room and practice some SFIV tonight, I'm down.
If you don't mind a couple of Asians, I'll buy some bottles of Drink from the store. Let me know.

Let's try to meet up on Sat. night? Whatcha'll think? I'll keep my eye on the thread.

Daigo is floated into semis(bypass pools), same with Justin. So expect to see them play on Saturday.

I think they are selling stick sacks there.

Bring SFIV, Yoshinori Ono will be there. BlazBlue creators won't be there, but some of the US team that worked on the game will be.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I'll be keeping an eye on the stream after work tomorrow and be up bright and early to watch it on Saturday and Sunday.

Cool Cool. I definitely want my SFIV signed, I might have to google Yoshi so I can recognize him lol.
I'll bring Blaz Blue too just in case.

Maybe I should go to Kinkos and print out some TE templates and have them sign it. IDK yet. But I'll be trying to attend all 3 days. And if they got the EVO sacks and swag I'll definitely purchase some just for kicks.

count me in! i'll be there on friday nite, i like to me up with my fellow cags:cool: anyway if i miss u guys i'll be with combofiend

[quote name='JEKKI']We went on the roller coaster at ny ny hotel

i'm too old for that shyt lol[/QUOTE]

lolol!

I can picture you sitting down, no emotion at all.

JEKKI IS NOT IMPRESSED

[quote name='MarkMan']
Updated list....

1) MarkMan
2) JEKKI
3) B:L
4) heavyd853
5) grayzieoriental
6) Mr. Beef
7) n8nmonster
8) akuma001
9)
[/QUOTE]

I'm at EVO too! I'm not a FGT regular, but I've been going to EVO for many years now. I'd be down for meeting you guys on Saturday night. Where at? When?

I'm done :(

playing blazblue, won 2,

lost to arakune player named copper drabbit (?)

then immediately peaced out by noel player, 2gb combo (?)

both players beasts in their respective characters.

I gotta step my shyt up hella now lol

anyway I'm the only motha sucka in there with a green hat

if u see a kid wearing a green la dodgers fitted and black frame glasses, holla at me!

So I propose we meet up during semis tomorrow,

Between 4 n 7

jus find one of us and we'll point u out to the rest!

Green hat n black frames, find me!

Went today, much better than I expected. Got myself an EVO sack for $20, bought close to the last ones(so they say). Got my SFIV signed by Seth Killian and Justin Wong.

I'm going to take the artwork off my sticks tonight so I can get them signed by Yoshi tomorrow.
Damn the heat, even in my backpack my BB and SFIV game cases felt like they got warped.
I'll be taking only the artwork tomorrow in a folder or something.

Got some free swag from EVO. The 2007 disc 1+2 DVDs, a Tekken 6 Poster, a Jin tattoo Arm Pantyhose, EVO place mat. That's bout it.

Got to see Tekken 6 in action(beautiful) and the New LE Tournament sticks.
Where you guys meeting up tomorrow night?

Some pics from Day 1 in my blog:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=9578

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like fun today... i came way too late...

gonna go explorin tonight then....

JEKKI i'll text/call u tomorrow if i don't see u.

I was there today but didn't stay too long, had to catch KA. I will be there longer tomorrow, I will be wearing a green shirt that says "stop destroying our planet, it's where I keep all my stuff". I'm asian with glasses (not like that'll help).

:)

I'll be wearing a shirt that says Rock Band on it today, so people can find me easier. I'd love to meet up with any CAGs.

Really wish I didn't have to work. I'd be there. Not that I'm any good anymore. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

If anyone is watching the live stream right now, just thought it was funny that everyone is running/rushing in for the exhibition match

[quote name='ZerotypeX']If anyone is watching the live stream right now, just thought it was funny that everyone is running/rushing in for the exhibition match[/QUOTE]

we have a chat going if you wanna discuss it with us as we watch

On IRC, it's EFNet and then #CAGFIGHT

Use Mibbit if you don't have an IRC client.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good stuff.

that alex valle sukara match is unforgetable.[/QUOTE]

I just re-watched it and seriously, that match will go down in the books as one of the best ever. Sakuras stock just went up 10 fold with that.

Got a chance to meet MarkMan today. That was pretty awesome. I also got interviewed by Stuttering Craig of screwattack.com fame. Maybe I'll be in one of their videos...

VidPower, it was a pleasure meeting you bro! See you tomorrow probably!

It's 5 AM and we still ain't sleeepinn!! Just had a nice dinner date with a wonderful gal...

bread's done
Back