Excitebots: Trick Racing - Now racing weekly! Sign up!

[quote name='Doomed']http://www.meetomatic.com/respond.php?id=F7I8JD

I found this website that supposedly helps organize these things. I deselected the Mondays when I won't be available, but didn't realize that would mean that you wouldn't be able to select it either. :oops:

I think with the lack of people here it wouldn't be difficult coming up with one night where we are all free.[/quote]
I added Tuesday and Wednesday of this week for me but I'm not sure which one I'll be available for yet. Either way it won't be until 7:30-8:00 pm PST.

Crunchewy - I'll add you the next time I'm on. I've raced SuperPhillip online a few times but it doesn’t look like anyone else has confirmed on my friend list. Once more friends are confirmed, does anyone know if you can join in a random room they're racing in? The more racers in a race the more fun it is with this game.

Also, has anyone been able to send challenges to Wii friends? Every time I try I get a communication error.

I added everyone from the list.

Just finished Excite Gold and I'm finally starting to get the timing down for the super bar release. I have a feeling that's really been slowing me down because I'd freak out and wait for the second spin. Now I just need to work on the backflips and running.

Hey everyone...just picked this up. I added my FC to the Google doc spreadsheet and I will add everyone else's FC to my Wii tonight. My FC is 0860-9807-4388. Look forward to seeing everybody online.

I'll add Liven78 tonight and anyone else that happens to show up in the database. I already added everyone else who was in there, so not sure why I don't show up for you Wii Skier? Maybe I need to go online again before it makes the final connection.

I added Tue, Wed, Thursday, Friday this week to that meeting thing as I'm flexible this week, but I can't see what others have selected. I guess only you can Doomed? I wish it just let us all flag days we could play and all see what days everyone selected. In any case, while I selected all those nights, I can't play every night! So, once we have a day with the most people, lets do it that night. Generally I'll only be able to play starting some time between 8:30 to 9 PM. Occasionally it might be later.

Yeah, only I can see it. So far, chrunchewy and wii skiier have responded, and both are available tonight and tomorrow. I am open too. I'd love to race earlier rather than later, but for most of you that's probably opposite.

How about tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 9:30 PM? How does the friend play work in this game? I've never played any game with friends other then Animal Crossing City Folk. In that game you open your gate and then you play the game in your town, so if no one shows up, at least you aren't just sitting there. How does it work in a game like this? Can I play online games with random people and be notified when a friend comes online? I'm guessing that's not how it works, but I figured I'd ask. :)

Can't make Wednesdays because of GTA Night. You're all welcome to come race in that instead... it just has guns instead of windup teeth. :)

I'm interested in how the online works as well. Are there rounds with set numbers of races, can people join in between races, stuff like that.

I guess actually trying a race would answer most of my questions. If any west coast people on here want to try racing late tonight (like in an hour or two), I'll be around.

Hey, gang. I'd be available. I got Klonoa and Jungle Beat, so I've been playing those. I guess I should start gaining stars for the paint skins... :cold:

Just tried some online and it was pretty smooth. Seems like it will be easy for latecomers to join in, plus it's nice that they can spectate while they wait. Also I saw someone racing a
squid
! I need to unlock that, even though it looks heavy and so far I haven't liked any of the heavy bots.

The game just keeps getting better and better. I can do super bar releases pretty reliably now, although I have yet to make a super sandwich. So far the wrench is the only thing I don't like and usually try to avoid.

"super sandwich"?? What is that?

Also note that I meant eastern time 9:30 PM tonight. Hopefully that works for everybody.

I didn't know about a GTA night. Wednesdays won't always work for me anyway, so I wouldn't want a regular night to be Wednesday anyway.

[quote name='crunchewy']"super sandwich"?? What is that?

Also note that I meant eastern time 9:30 PM tonight. Hopefully that works for everybody.

I didn't know about a GTA night. Wednesdays won't always work for me anyway, so I wouldn't want a regular night to be Wednesday anyway.[/quote]
Some of the tracks have a sliding rail that you can rotate your bot around to pick up floating pieces of a sandwich. If you get all the pieces, you get ***SUPER SANDWICH!***.

I'm in for tonight. I am PST, so I wouldn't be able to join until about 7:30PST/10:30EST when the kids go down for bed, unless they go down early which happens sometimes mid-week.

Is someone going to create a room, or will we follow each other through random matches to be sure we have a full race? I guess I should try to get more people than just SuperPhillip to show up on my friends list either way.

I wasn't sure how it worked. If there is a way to create a "room" I'll do that. I'll try to be on at 9:30 eastern give or take a few minutes, and set that up.

I probably don't show up as linked in your friends list as I haven't played online since I added you the other day. Presumably that will work itself out once I go online tonight.

I'm on now. What indication does the game give that friend codes are linked? I see nothing different for anyone. Just in case, here is my FC again:

4339 9093 1497

EDIT: I just added Liven78 - had forgotten to do that.

Twiddling thumbs... can I play random people and get notified that a friend has come online? I'll wait a bit more, then play others for a while.

I'm back in the friend lobby. Still nobody shows up any different then before. I'll wait a few more minutes, then to chores....

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm back in the friend lobby. Still nobody shows up any different then before. I'll wait a few more minutes, then to chores....[/quote]
I'm going online now - I'll see if I can see you and report back.

edit
*SuperPhillip is still the only name showing as confirmed for me. I remember this problem with Mario Kart and Dr Mario too - I think both users have to be online at the same time for a certain period of time to get each other's codes confirmed or something. Which is a little annoying. I really like the random online play in this game; I wish the friends would just confirm faster. *

That was fun - thanks! I'm a bit disappointed that you can't bet while playing friends, though. I got over it. The game really needs wiispeak and/or text chat.

Metaly is matched up with my Wii Console code, so, metaly, I sent you a few challenges. Probably not too impessive, but you can win some easy stars with them! More of you need to add my console code! I can see having fun with send challenges and replays.

Off to bed....

Thanks for the challenges, crunchewy. It took me a while to get through the bowling one because I'm not so good with the turtle, but eventually I got it. Got my first super sandwiches doing the race, too. :) I'll try to make some challenges of my own soon.

That is tragic. People need to get the word out on how fun this is since I guess Nintendo is too busy pushing Punch Out!!

Anyone going to be around this weekend for some online races?

Wow. Did Nintendo not publicize this game? It's a great game and I hope word of mouth will give it a boost.

metaly - where are those challenges? :)

I've been busy but I finally sent you a challenge, crunchewy. Not sure how hard it is but it's a fun race. :)

Just unlocked Super Excite... Now to unlock the rest of those bots!

Sorry I missed it if there was a night organized for CAG racing. Is anyone still playing this online? I'm currently working through Super Excite right now (S-ranking certain races even in Bronze and Silver is very tough for me), but I'd love to take a break from the campaign and race some of you.

Are you guys still using that site to organize a game night?

I don't think there's been an organized night yet. In terms of random matching, I was able to find a 4P group playing even late last night, so that seems like a good sign. I was worried that the dismal sales numbers might mean the online would be a wasteland.

Also forgot to mention that I discovered the red bar minigame last night and my arms were pretty sore this morning. They should put a warning label on that. :lol:

[quote name='metaly']I don't think there's been an organized night yet. In terms of random matching, I was able to find a 4P group playing even late last night, so that seems like a good sign. I was worried that the dismal sales numbers might mean the online would be a wasteland.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that the Best Buy (special RZ customer/RZ bonus points promotion) and Amazon sales (however slight) might boost sales for it, but there's been no advertising or buzz for this game, so I'm not sure if it will improve too much despite the sales on the game.

I just got the game on Sunday night and have been playing the crap out of it, completely an under the radar game for me since I never played Excitetruck. Having an absolute blast with it.

Here is my FC: 2106 5601 7796

metaly - I thought you said those challenges were easy? 63 on soccer??? Ouch. :) I'll keep trying.... I haven't tried the super bar release one yet.

I haven't been playing much recently due to work being crazy, but that is slowing down, so I should be able to play more now. In general I don't have as much time for games as probably most people here, though, given that I have kids, so I progress at games slower then most.

Hehe. I actually only planned on sending that one race challenge at first, which I thought was pretty doable. But then I spent like half an hour trying to get an S on the soccer challenge, so when I finally did I just had to send it to someone. :)

What bots does everyone like to use? I like the bat the most so far, and I haven't paid for many of the unlockable ones since the bat's stats seem higher than most. I'm slowly warming up to others, though.

[quote name='metaly']Hehe. I actually only planned on sending that one race challenge at first, which I thought was pretty doable. But then I spent like half an hour trying to get an S on the soccer challenge, so when I finally did I just had to send it to someone. :)

What bots does everyone like to use? I like the bat the most so far, and I haven't paid for many of the unlockable ones since the bat's stats seem higher than most. I'm slowly warming up to others, though.[/QUOTE]
I used to use the bat, then I bought the hummingbird. Its stats are lower, but it lets me pull off tricks more consistently.

Finally got the Dracula paint for the bat last night. :) It's pretty cool but repeatedly doing School Mexico over and over for S ranks was mind-numbing. It'll be a while before I get any more special paint, I think.

[quote name='Doomed']I used to use the bat, then I bought the hummingbird. Its stats are lower, but it lets me pull off tricks more consistently.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying out the hummingbird based on what you said and I like it so far. You're right about it making tricks easier; I pull off ridiculous numbers of 1080s now, and it seems like the bird doesn't overspin as much as the bat so it's easier to get the nice landing boost.

If your goal is just stars, it probably makes more sense to play online (as long as you can win consistently). But for the special paint it's probably faster to just go for quick S ranks. The max you can win in one online race is 10k, right? So that's 1/25 of a special paint, same as an S rank on an easy course of your choice. Plus there's no guarantee that you'll get the maximum multiplier each time, or that you won't be playing a longer race, get disconnected, etc.

Of course, I won't argue that it's not more fun to play online instead of doing easy 1P races over and over.

$20 new at Gamestop this week! GET THIS GAME.

We should try to get some CAG races going sometime. For some reason I was really busy around when the game came out so I didn't play it as much, but I'd like to get back into it if people are still playing.

My parents picked up for my son , he is getting it for his bday on sat. as one of his presents from them.

edit:He is having fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought 2 days ago and played for a while last night. I love the bowling and poker games. I always wanted to try this game and I'm enjoying it.

newcomers - my FC info is in metaly's Friend Code List! Great game. Alas, there's been lots of good stuff coming out for the Wii of late and I haven't actually played this in a while, but I'd be happy to start again.

I got it last night at GS. Was planning on getting Excite Truck until I saw this deal. Once I get my Wii back from Nintendo (should be early next week), I'll be ready to play online.

God, this game is sitting in my room sealed. I wanna play it so bad...

I heard Gamestop ended the $20 sale early, which sucks. But, it sounds like a lot of people picked it up, so we should get a CAG race going sometime! If you haven't already, add yourself to Doomed's friend code list in the OP.

What days work for people? I can probably do most nights besides Wednesday/Thursday, but Saturdays are probably best. Also I'm on the west coast so I can only make it after 10PM Eastern during the week.

I'm on the East Coast, and for the next month, pretty much any time will work.

Also, another forum I visit has MKWii night Saturday, ExciteBots night Monday, and GH/RB night Wednesday. So, basically the only good days for me are Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

bread's done
Back