EXPIRED - $15 off $75 at eBay with promo code C15LIMITEDTIME

BrianJason

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Standard exclusions apply. As usual, eBay gift cards are excluded, others are not.

http://www.ebay.com

• Coupon code valid 3/31/16 until 5PM Pacific only
  • Excludes: Coins & Paper Money, eBay Gift Cards, and Real Estate.  

thanks MartinAM

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the coupon code and it displayed $15 off coupon but it appears I was charged the full $75. I vaguely remeber that Paypal credits you the $15 in a way that looks like you paid full price; is there an easy way I can confirm that I did get the -$15 discount?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Same happened to me... Burst my bubble

I used the coupon code and it displayed $15 off coupon but it appears I was charged the full $75. I vaguely remeber that Paypal credits you the $15 in a way that looks like you paid full price; is there an easy way I can confirm that I did get the -$15 discount?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
When you do a purchase it'll tell you that you save -$15 on this order after you submit the purchase. Once the paypal transaction goes through you'll see that you have paid $75 but $15 gets credit back to you

For those that think they were charged the full $75, click on the transaction details in PayPal. It'll show $15 of that was a coupon.

I've got about a grand of paypal funds I can't access for another 7-10 days, I hope they keep these going so I can get in on them. Anybody gone over the 5k limit to test whether it's actually changed?
I'm over the $5k 180 day limit as the last 2 days I went a little nuts with the 5x eBay bucks promo.

Bummer. There was definitely an error with my order. The coupon code showed up on checkout but didnt actually apply; hioefully thats an isolated thing. Off to wait on hold for Ebay support...

Thanks to iduncurr and BrianJason for clarification.

Got a $25 Xbox Marketplace, and $50 Psn card (Both digital delivery).

I had to use the code like 20 times, but they have not blocked Xbox or PSN cards. Keep Trying!

(I was only charged $60 to my PayPal, I saw someone say they were charged to full amount)

I had to try about 10 times to get the discount to apply to Best Buy gift cards from paypal_digital_gifts.  Previous sales I had no trouble with.

The Paypal mobile app never shows the discounted price for me with these coupons.  The alert and transaction history will show full price for some reason but if you check your balance before and after, it should actually reflect the discount.  The desktop site usually has the correct amount shown.

Bought a $100 gift card from Lowes that was on a sale for $90, then applied the $15 code.  Lowes sells a ton of other gift cards including Amazon and playstation cards.

Their system is wonky.  Tried 20+ times to apply the code, and it wouldn't apply saying to try back later.  I tried every 10 mins or so.  I finally was able to apply the code.  Then after logging into paypal, I get the message the code cannot be applied to your order.  Then I put in the code again, and it applied. 

Bought a $100 gift card from Lowes that was on a sale for $90, then applied the $15 code. Lowes sells a ton of other gift cards including Amazon and playstation cards.
Ya but can you use that Lowes GC to buy other GCs? I haven't heard anything about that so I wouldn't know if its possible or not.

Just got an email about this 4 tb seagate hard drive being $109.99 (link to item on ebay). Just picked up the black one for $120+ (bought it without any type of discount/promo as I thought it be the lowest I'd find). May end up returning it since I haven't opened it yet.

4. Lowe's - checkout system prohibits purchasing gift cards with Lowe's gift cards.

From fatwallet thread on GC with GC purchases.
I saw this too... But it's from back in 2010 and it says GameStop allows purchase of ANY gift card, which is certainly not true for some of our fellow CAGs.

Oh well.  I'll have to give it a shot.  Again, checked the terms and conditions on Lowe's website as well as their FAQ and saw no prohibitions.

I saw this too... But it's from back in 2010 and it says GameStop allows purchase of ANY gift card, which is certainly not true for some of our fellow CAGs.
The GS info isn't quiet right because some people are being denied but the register allows any purchase. I bought a $200 ebay GC with a GS GC yesterday.

It was updated so not 2010 info. updated: Jan. 16, 2016

And this is why I asked for a Google Doc list. The deal will be over again by the time I find $75 worth of GCs.
You can do it yourself you know.

People here aren't going to hand everything to you on a silver platter so you can save $15.

Yeah I checked emails from eBay and PayPal. I got charged $75 but I'm okay with it only because I was on the way to gamestop to use my credit to get amazon gift cards then filling the gap on the item I wanted with my credit card. Would've been nice to save $15 but honestly it was the first time I had a PayPal digital gift card purchase go through... I've been trying since November

4. Lowe's - checkout system prohibits purchasing gift cards with Lowe's gift cards.

From fatwallet thread on GC with GC purchases.
I second this, I know for a fact Lowes won't allow you to use GC to buy other gift cards.

Before people flip out on their paypal transaction, take a full minute to actually look at the details of the transaction. Ever ebay promotion has a slew of people claiming they got charge the full amount without looking at the details of their transaction.

Bought some Pokemon 20th anniversary crap that I missed out on with the coupon to soften the blow. Had missed out on all the Jirachi stuff from TRU.

I'm guessing they're just getting absolutely hammered right now. I used this to buy $50 and $25 Best Buy gift cards from Paypal Gifts about 90 minutes ago and still haven't received the codes. Really hope they send them soon.

I'm guessing they're just getting absolutely hammered right now. I used this to buy $50 and $25 Best Buy gift cards from Paypal Gifts about 90 minutes ago and still haven't received the codes. Really hope they send them soon.
They will send them but it is pretty YMMV on timing. I got these almost instantly. The last deal like this it took them a couple days to send my BB codes.

howd you do that :p... it wont let me buy ebay gift cards with the code everything else works...oh nvm i read it wrong hahaha

Picked up a $25 and $50 Gamestop Gift Card. Will flip back to eBay and wait for the next one.

eBay bucks go out on Sunday they can be used on gc's right?

Nice, grabbed PSN $50, $20, and $10 cards from Best Buy, total of $80 for $65, thanks OP!

Someone told me you couldn't but I haven't tried myself.

Edit: I would trust the person with the Toys R Us avatar.

bread's done
Back