[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I successfully cancelled 1 game (zelda)from my e3 order. Got the bestbuy deal for 62.99 which was cheaper then the 39.99 + 25.00 I would have needed for the wiimotionplus i used there web form asking if I could cancel 1 game. They responded I could just respond to the email telling them what game so I did that and they removed it from my order. The game still currently shows on my order but the price is for only 4 games 159.96 (39.99x4)

I also noticed they put -10.00 for shipping. bringing my total to 149.96 I suspect this is due to the price of Halo CE Anniversary being reduced but am not sure. (although odd that is was only 10.00 cheaper)

Can someone who has a game that has beeen changed to 39.99 regular price check there order and see if they have a -10.00 on shipping

[quote name='SenatorZelda']I successfully cancelled 1 game (zelda)from my e3 order. Got the bestbuy deal for 62.99 which was cheaper then the 39.99 + 25.00 I would have needed for the wiimotionplus i used there web form asking if I could cancel 1 game. They responded I could just respond to the email telling them what game so I did that and they removed it from my order. The game still currently shows on my order but the price is for only 4 games 159.96 (39.99x4)[/QUOTE]

Strange. I phoned their customer service line and they said they couldn't remove items individually. I was told I'd have to cancel the whole order and resubmit (thereby negating my savings).

Anyone have any experience cancelling their order after receiving one of the items already? For example, I have NHL 12, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim pre-ordered, but would (ideally) like to cancel after I receive NHL 12. Found better deals (or ones that work out for my particular situation) on UC3 and Skyrim elsewhere!

[quote name='Skardee']Strange. I phoned their customer service line and they said they couldn't remove items individually. I was told I'd have to cancel the whole order and resubmit (thereby negating my savings).

Anyone have any experience cancelling their order after receiving one of the items already? For example, I have NHL 12, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim pre-ordered, but would (ideally) like to cancel after I receive NHL 12. Found better deals (or ones that work out for my particular situation) on UC3 and Skyrim elsewhere![/QUOTE]

Could you just return the games in store after they arrive? I'm not sure how FS deals with online returns but that might work.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Could you just return the games in store after they arrive? I'm not sure how FS deals with online returns but that might work.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I guess that would work! Looks like I'm safe either way.

[quote name='Rastafari']Hey Kyle,

I actually have been battling futureshop as well for the dlc. I have heard some people have gotten it from them. I also ordered Madden' 12 and didn't receive anything. Thanks for the info about square enix.. is it just their standard customer service e-mail?[/QUOTE]

theres a website on the last page of the game manual. Just go there then go to the contact us section.

Well this is annoying. Futureshop reduced the price of Batman to $59.99 and they refuse to lower my preorder price. They say they cannot price match it. I don't see how it is price matching if it is their price. The lack of customer service is a bit mind boggling.

[quote name='Grandpa Green']Well this is annoying. Futureshop reduced the price of Batman to $59.99 and they refuse to lower my preorder price. They say they cannot price match it. I don't see how it is price matching if it is their price. The lack of customer service is a bit mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

can't you just cancel your existing order and re-order it (providing you paid $69 for the pre-order in the first place)?

Why you'd contact them to do that when you can do it in a few seconds... :drool:

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']He probably got it on the Futureshop E3 deal.[/QUOTE]

well if thats the case...

then they won't lower his pre-order price anyway. This is like the user (not going to go find the name) a few pages back who wanted $6 back on Deus Ex because of a tie-in promotion with Batman:AC. Prices that drop today/in the future have no impact on orders you placed in the past. All you're entitled to is pre-order bonuses (and in the case of Future Shop...not even those LOL)

I'm seriously going to laugh hard when my copy of Gears 3 arrives and has NONE of the pre-order items (band-aids & character DLC skin) and I have to fight them for it as I had to with Deus Ex.

[quote name='kyle071785']well if thats the case...

then they won't lower his pre-order price anyway. This is like the user (not going to go find the name) a few pages back who wanted $6 back on Deus Ex because of a tie-in promotion with Batman:AC. Prices that drop today/in the future have no impact on orders you placed in the past. All you're entitled to is pre-order bonuses (and in the case of Future Shop...not even those LOL)

I'm seriously going to laugh hard when my copy of Gears 3 arrives and has NONE of the pre-order items (band-aids & character DLC skin) and I have to fight them for it as I had to with Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

I just assumed they would honor any price changes. Oh well it is still cheaper than full price but it is annoying that my discount came off a price error.

I didn't order Batman as part of that FS deal cause it was $10 too much. Got it at Best Buy for $43.99 instead, I think that was during their E3 deal when you could get $10 off plus a coupon for another 10% off.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I didn't order Batman as part of that FS deal cause it was $10 too much. Got it at Best Buy for $43.99 instead, I think that was during their E3 deal when you could get $10 off plus a coupon for another 10% off.[/QUOTE]

yup i got the same deal initially...then I decided to trade in 2 junk games to EB and get $50 for it. Now I only owe $10 on it since EB finally dropped their price to $59 as well

[quote name='Skardee']Hm. I guess that would work! Looks like I'm safe either way.[/QUOTE]

you may lose your discount if you cancel the other items id be careful

[quote name='kyle071785']well if thats the case...

I'm seriously going to laugh hard when my copy of Gears 3 arrives and has NONE of the pre-order items (band-aids & character DLC skin) and I have to fight them for it as I had to with Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

Im seriously concerned I wont get my preorder gears 3 items either. the bandaids I dont care about even the skin I dont really care about although would be nice. But I really want the steelbook as I am a sucker for those (hint to devs if I want your game add a steelbook to the limited edition and it is almost a guaranteed sale)

what i am pissed at is both the steelbook and bandaids if you go to the page say it doesnt pply to previous orders so this adds to my concerns

I asked this earlier but can someone check there order and see if it says -$10 under shipping especially if you have one of those 40.00 game or if this was a byproduct of me cancelling a game

My order still shows zelda however the price is correct assuming zelda is not there

lol depends if they do the steelbook right Marvel Vs Capcome 3 def cheaped out that was super annoying that they used a cheap ring thing instead of easy popout in the middle or its done like that because the normal pop out thing breaks easily?

What happened with Marvel vs Cap? I love the middle disc holder on PS3 games, don't recall how most steelbooks do that part. I guess there's no standard? I only have two blu-ray and one DVD steel.

[quote name='SenatorZelda']Im seriously concerned I wont get my preorder gears 3 items either. the bandaids I dont care about even the skin I dont really care about although would be nice. But I really want the steelbook as I am a sucker for those (hint to devs if I want your game add a steelbook to the limited edition and it is almost a guaranteed sale)

what i am pissed at is both the steelbook and bandaids if you go to the page say it doesnt pply to previous orders so this adds to my concerns[/QUOTE]

I took screenshots of everything to do with the bonuses. No more of the BS they fed me with Deus Ex about not having access to any of the deals since they can only see whats posted on the website. This time I'll email them the damn pics if they claim they have no access to anything.

copy them if you need them (I picked up the Epic Edition during the E3 sale...but its all the same since it states in the bonus items description which product number they apply to)

Gears3image1.png

Gears3image2.png

Gears3image3.png

Gears3image4.png

Gears3image5.png

@kyle071785 the problem is if you read the fine print it says that it is not applicable to previous purchases for the steelbook

and the bandaids it says can not be combined with any other promotion

[quote name='SenatorZelda']@kyle071785 the problem is if you read the fine print it says that it is not applicable to previous purchases for the steelbook

and the bandaids it says can not be combined with any other promotion[/QUOTE]

sadly...don't really care about the fine print. You can order during online sales with Best Buy and they'll still give all pre-order bonuses no problem...no lame gimmicks. FS screwed up the whole Deus Ex thing pretty badly (for myself and many others) then backpedaled when questioned on it.

They've actually removed one of the pre-order items that was listed as well (mechanical Baird skin...same as BB) so thats already 1 negative for them.

Its not the fact that i care about any of these items...its the fact they should have to abide by what they promise their customers. Don't give me that BS that because I ordered it during the E3 sale they won't give me the same crap they give it to a customer who is dumb enough to not try and get a discount. They just added the steelbook in as a pre-order recently. Do they really expect people to cancel then re-order the same damn item 10 times?!

The ONLY reason I'm even keeping this order with FS is because I ordered the Epic Edition during the E3 sale and for some reason (when the transaction was processing) it took the Epic Edition down to $110. It was only supposed to take off $20 but instead it gave a greater discount to Gears 3 and less of one to the other games in that same order.

They screw this up their head office will get a pretty nasty letter. Also I still have 8 other games on order with them. They'll all be cancelled as well and bought elsewhere during sales/trades. I can't be bothered to deal with an incompetent Canadian company who can't even copy their parent company (BB) properly :bomb:

@kyle071785 what other game did you get cheaper pretty lucky to get gears epic for 110
what other games do you have on that order. do you have any of the games that were 59.99 during the sale but got reduced to 39.99

can you check to see your order to see if it has -$10 in the shipping part on the order I do not know why it is there -not that i am complaining

I sent Customer service an email an email asking if i get the preorder bonuses and they said yes but earlier when i asked about the curb stomp kit they said no so who knows

[quote name='SenatorZelda']@kyle071785 what other game did you get cheaper pretty lucky to get gears epic for 110
what other games do you have on that order. do you have any of the games that were 59.99 during the sale but got reduced to 39.99

can you check to see your order to see if it has -$10 in the shipping part on the order I do not know why it is there -not that i am complaining

I sent Customer service an email an email asking if i get the preorder bonuses and they said yes but earlier when i asked about the curb stomp kit they said no so who knows[/QUOTE]

nothing about -$10 for shipping on my order...

the other games on the order (with Gears 3 Epic) are: AssCreed Revolutions, Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty MW3. Each of them should have been at $39 with the E3 deal but instead those 4 are at $45 and Gears 3 was taken down to $110. No idea on how the system managed that one...

since these ones are at $45 now I'm probably just going to cancel the whole order once Gears 3 ships regardless if FS botches my order or not. I've decided to pass on CoDMW3 and stick to Battlefield 3 (which I have on the other order). Also going to upgrade to the Collectors of ME3 so cancelling the regular. Did a T2 for $50 at EB for AssCreed Rev today so i only owe $10 on that one now. As for Saint's Row 3, it should drop to $39 on sale a month after release (if it follows the regular trend) so no point in paying $45 at launch

Ugh, finally some resolution on my Deus Ex thing.

I had to call Future Shop's customer service a second time after emailing them 3-4 times and receiving no reply. Apparently the first agent who escalated my case didn't actually do it.

So I came home to an email saying "too bad, there was a mistake" and a $10 off coupon. But there were still Augmented Editions in stock online... :roll: So I went back to the store that also had them in stock, showed them the flyer printout from here, and asked for a straight exchange, and they did it! Got the game two weeks after the release date, yay pre-order...

I haven't cracked it yet, but I'll be very surprised if the pre-order DLC is in there, so I'm getting ready for some words with Square Enix. :) Stubbornness pays off sometimes.

(from RFD)

and just like that the Gears 3 steelbooks are no more if you pre-ordered online/instore. Specifically for the midnight launch now and can be had by anyone who lines up

FS exclusive steelbook:
- This is an exclusive midnight opening bonus off with purchase of Gears of War 3! Future Shop will have 60 stores open on Sept 19 at 11:59PM. We only have 6000 units available so be sure to get to your local Future Shop store and line up! (6000 available chainwide)
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/M...lusive-Steelbook-Confirmed/td-p/310004/page/2

F U Future Shop...that is all :applause:

[quote name='kyle071785'](from RFD)

and just like that the Gears 3 steelbooks are no more if you pre-ordered online/instore. Specifically for the midnight launch now and can be had by anyone who lines up

FS exclusive steelbook:
- This is an exclusive midnight opening bonus off with purchase of Gears of War 3! Future Shop will have 60 stores open on Sept 19 at 11:59PM. We only have 6000 units available so be sure to get to your local Future Shop store and line up! (6000 available chainwide)
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/M...lusive-Steelbook-Confirmed/td-p/310004/page/2

F U Future Shop...that is all :applause:[/QUOTE]

EDIT* Well, I'm an idiot. The list I was looking at is the "Lancer Giveaway" both Dartmouth and Halifax stores are opening at midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was never expecting getting any extra's from any of the preorders during the sale. However, I'm peeved that FS mentioned the bonuses and then taken them away. It would have been better if they didn't mention it rather than flip-flopping their decisions

[quote name='MrGone']Didn't they advertise it as a preorder bonus? Shady.[/QUOTE]

Yes...they have done it with a lot of games and then ending up not providing it to the customer...while futureshop and bestbuy are the same company...at least bestbuy seems to run things more smoothly.

Speaking of Best Buy, did anyone else preorder Dark Souls during the E3 sale? Preorders for the game are supposed to be the Collector's Edition, which has a soundtrack and artbook and fancy packaging, etc. I've noticed that the standard game and the preorder edition are two different products in Best Buy's system - anyone know if our preordered games will be "bumped up" to that version?

[quote name='MrGone']Speaking of Best Buy, did anyone else preorder Dark Souls during the E3 sale? Preorders for the game are supposed to be the Collector's Edition, which has a soundtrack and artbook and fancy packaging, etc. I've noticed that the standard game and the preorder edition are two different products in Best Buy's system - anyone know if our preordered games will be "bumped up" to that version?[/QUOTE]I was under the impression that all p/o for dark souls were automatically upgraded to the CE

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

[quote name='maigoyume']I was under the impression that all p/o for dark souls were automatically upgraded to the CE

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that's the case, but the separate SKU listing is a little unsettling :) I wish Best Buy's order system was a little more detailed!

Just noticed my Star Fox never shipped as they had someone else's credit card info on my E3 sale order and it kept declining.

$25.99 for every 3DS game being released for the foreseable future was such a great deal. The only one I didn't manage to get at that price was Super Mario 3DS, as it was $35 after the E3 discount, but either way I'm still set for awhile =D

(Still no Kirby Mass Attack on FS or BB's website though...I want to use up my Zelda OOT $10 credit!)

[quote name='MrGone']Hopefully that's the case, but the separate SKU listing is a little unsettling :) I wish Best Buy's order system was a little more detailed![/QUOTE]

just call BB and ask them to physically change your order so it reads the proper sku. Mid as well get it done before it ships so theres no chance of a screw up :)

[quote name='kyle071785']just call BB and ask them to physically change your order so it reads the proper sku. Mid as well get it done before it ships so theres no chance of a screw up :)[/QUOTE]

Wait, can you tell me more? How should I do that?
All I see is "FREE upgrade to Collector's Edition" under Special Offer on this page, "http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dark-souls-playstation-3/10171365.aspx"
(no mention of any different SKU)

I preorded both Gears of War 3 and Arkham City with the e3 deal, but i already know FS won't even bother giving us the steelbooks even tho we preordered months in advance.

[quote name='afterburn999']I preorded both Gears of War 3 and Arkham City with the e3 deal, but i already know FS won't even bother giving us the steelbooks even tho we preordered months in advance.[/QUOTE]

I ordered NHL '12 during the E3 deal and I doubt I will get the steelbook...I dont' actually care if I get it since it's a sports title but, still frustrating they seem to not give any extras to those that pre-ordered. oh and kyle thanks for the advice on Deus Ex.. I ended up getting a pre-order code from them not futureshop.

[quote name='kyle071785']just call BB and ask them to physically change your order so it reads the proper sku. Mid as well get it done before it ships so theres no chance of a screw up :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gloomyUsagi']Wait, can you tell me more? How should I do that?
All I see is "FREE upgrade to Collector's Edition" under Special Offer on this page, "http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dark-souls-playstation-3/10171365.aspx"
(no mention of any different SKU)[/QUOTE]

Interesting! I hadn't checked since the last time this had popped to mind :) I never bothered calling back then, either, as the collector's SKU was already listed as sold out when I'd originally found out about it. It definitely seems like the E3 preorders would be eligible now. A call probably wouldn't hurt, but I've never had much luck with Best Buy's support about specific details like this. :D

I've had luck with Best Buy's support forum when their phone or email service reps have failed me. If you're lucky someone will read the forums and email you offering to help solve your problem. I think it's happened to me two times.

Just got NHL 12 in the mail.... no steel book. I asked them on twitter a while back if I'd still get the steelbook even though I pre-ordered before the offer was available, and they told me I'd get it for sure.

Those fucking pricks!!!!!! Time to write an angry email.

[quote name='CACG']Just got NHL 12 in the mail.... no steel book. I asked them on twitter a while back if I'd still get the steelbook even though I pre-ordered before the offer was available, and they told me I'd get it for sure. [/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't been shipped yet. They bundled it with Bioshock Infinite and the status said Check Availability for NHL 12. I called them up and they're going to split up that order. I have no idea when I'm getting this game. As for the steelbook, they told me that they made a note about it when they wrote a form to split the order, so I have no idea if I'm getting it or not.

After reading a bit through this thread, I'm glad I didn't order anything from the sale. In fact, I don't think I'll ever pre-order a game from Futureshop ... it seems like the only thing they are good at is screwing up orders!

[quote name='CACG']Just got NHL 12 in the mail.... no steel book. I asked them on twitter a while back if I'd still get the steelbook even though I pre-ordered before the offer was available, and they told me I'd get it for sure.

Those fucking pricks!!!!!! Time to write an angry email.[/QUOTE]

Wow that was fast. You live in BC? I'm in Vancouver and still waiting for NHL12 to arrive from the courier.

My NHL 12 has shipped but I haven't been home to see if it's arrived yet. If it's not the steelbook, after all the BS they put me through with Deus Ex, there's going to be hell to pay.

I preordered after the steelbook offer went on the site though, so fingers crossed.

[quote name='MaxOD']Wow that was fast. You live in BC? I'm in Vancouver and still waiting for NHL12 to arrive from the courier.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it came at 9am this morning. I musta been one of their first stops. On a side note, I sent a twitter message to @FS_Gamer because I didn't get a steelcase, and I was told to send them my order details and contact information. I guess that means they're gonna send me one afterall.

[quote name='CACG']Yeah it came at 9am this morning. I musta been one of their first stops. On a side note, I sent a twitter message to @FS_Gamer because I didn't get a steelcase, and I was told to send them my order details and contact information. I guess that means they're gonna send me one afterall.[/QUOTE]

The twitter account seems to be a good way to get things done

[quote name='CACG']Yeah it came at 9am this morning. I musta been one of their first stops. On a side note, I sent a twitter message to @FS_Gamer because I didn't get a steelcase, and I was told to send them my order details and contact information. I guess that means they're gonna send me one afterall.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine (no steelcase) delivered to the office. My friend who ordered NHL12 a few days earlier than me and to be shipped to the same office for some reason didn't ship until late this morning. The Purolator guy said that he'll get his tomorrow. Friend's pissed. LOL

[quote name='MaxOD']Just got mine (no steelcase) delivered to the office. My friend who ordered NHL12 a few days earlier than me and to be shipped to the same office for some reason didn't ship until late this morning. The Purolator guy said that he'll get his tomorrow. Friend's pissed. LOL[/QUOTE]

Can't say I'm Surprised.

For those who didn't get a Steelcase with NHL 12, I just got confirmation from Future shop via email that I will be receieving my NHL 12 steelcase when they get stock. I'm somewhat optimistic...

"Good day Customer,

Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regard to your NHL 12 Steelbook case.

We have verified the status of your order and the product is on special order with the manufacturer. We have requested an estimated time of arrival (ETA) from the manufacturer; however, they have not supplied us with a date as of yet.

Your order will be shipped as soon as we receive inventory and you will be notified via e-mail.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We value your business and we look forward to serving you again.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing [email protected] or by calling 1-800-663-2275. "

[quote name='MaxOD']Just got mine (no steelcase) delivered to the office. My friend who ordered NHL12 a few days earlier than me and to be shipped to the same office for some reason didn't ship until late this morning. The Purolator guy said that he'll get his tomorrow. Friend's pissed. LOL[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on mine :/ Yesterday the status was "On vehicle for delivery" until about 5pm at which point the delivery was rescheduled. 3pm now and hasn't shown up. I know the Purolator pick up in my town is 2pm, so I'm sort of worried.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm definitely not putting up with this for Skyrim. Pre-ordering at brick & mortar asap.

bread's done
Back