[Expired] Buy 3 E3 games from Future Shop - Get $60 Off

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/category/id/PCE3Gamespreorder.aspx

Buy 1 E3 pre-order title* – get $10 off
Buy 2 E3 pre-order titles* – get $15 off each. ($30 value)
Buy 3 E3 pre-order titles* – get $20 off each. ($60 value)

$40 for any AAA game you want this year is a pretty amazing deal! Hop on it before they decide that this deal is too good to be true and take it down.

I already ordered COD: MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, and Gears of War 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't trust them at this point to fulfill the promise of the Augmented edition. They locked the the deus ex preorder thread on their xbox forums because people were complaining about the CS they got while inquiring about the issue. I wish these companies would realize they need to treat their online and in store customers the same, as we view the company as the same, whether online or a physical store. Hopefully they learn from this and have enough copies of the bigger releases in the next few months.

Where did you hear that? I noticed it's sold out on Best Buy's website and mostly sold out on Amazon.ca. Does anyone know if Rogers Plus still stocks new games for sale? Just remembered I have 20 star reward points there.

I heard it from one guy on GameFaqs that talked to Customer service. So it's hopefully not true.

Like I said, I was told 6 to 7 business days. I'm hoping it's shorter than that.

I check checked my order on Futureshop and I got charged. So hopefully that means they'll ship soon.

My only concern is that Deus Ex is showing up as Shipment 2 behind Uncharted 3.

I'm sure it will be sent out tomorrow with email. Maybe I'll have it by Friday.

Good luck to others on your order. :)

That's a good sign, maybe they just got their initial shipment late? just have to see when it ships out to us. It worries me though that nobody at FS really has an answer as to what is going on.

*update* my order now says shipped by purolator, don't see an eta though. When i click on the tracking link it says info not available. Should be here in a few days though, will post when it arrives to say which version it is.

I was kinda wondering if they really sold out or if they never actually got any to begin with, the way they said that ALL pre-orders would now be upgraded made it seem like they hadn't shipped any. Maybe they just got it late. My order still hasn't even been processed! There is now an estimated arrival date on my order of Aug 28-Sept 6. :(

My copy of Deus Ex has shipped too, but by Purolator. I wasn't sure it would ship this morning after reading the previous posts. As long I get the game I am happy, I could careless which version I get.

I had faith things would run smoothly, now I'm upset. Although the Augmented Edition I pre-ordered during the E3 sale was shipped, the price was not adjusted and I was charged as if the pre-order bonus and 53.99 standard price didn't exist, along with a wonky reduced price with a fraction spread out over the other games in my order, which happened automatically when I originally placed the order.

That's not really a deal. Why would you buy 3 games at full price that come out so close to eachother? Games for 39.99 or 49.99 a week later.

I buy only 19.99 to 29.99 max. Rent then beat the game, then the hype is all gone.

[quote name='Baztian']I had faith things would run smoothly, now I'm upset. Although the Augmented Edition I pre-ordered during the E3 sale was shipped, the price was not adjusted and I was charged as if the pre-order bonus and 53.99 standard price didn't exist, along with a wonky reduced price with a fraction spread out over the other games in my order, which happened automatically when I originally placed the order.[/QUOTE]

Let me know what happens. Mine hasn't been shipped but, the order is still showing how it did from the E3 Sale... i am curious if they are going to adjust it at all or just claim it was done during another promo... I might have to e-mail them and see what they are doing in regards to this...they did say via twitter it would be an automatic adjustment ....I wish it were so simple.

In summary, this is how my order SHOULD look:

Subtotals:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition = $33.99
All 4 other games in my order should have = $39.99

Order Subtotal: $193.95

My current subtotal is $209.95. This is EXACTLY the $16 difference between the cost of the Deus Ex HR AE and the Deus Ex HR standard edition.

I was also told that if I decided to return a game, the E3 sale would re-evaluate based on the number of games remaining in my order. So, if I returned 2 of my 5 games, it should be rather simple because we're still saving $20 on the remaining games. However, for whatever stupid reason, the system automatically decided to spread out the cost of DXHR AE onto the 4 other games in my order. In other words, the order subtotal is correct but the individual subtotals for the 4 other games are incorrect being $1+ more. So, as things are now, if I return DXHR AE, I'm still paying for part of it in the 4 remaining games.

[quote name='Rastafari']Let me know what happens. Mine hasn't been shipped but, the order is still showing how it did from the E3 Sale... i am curious if they are going to adjust it at all or just claim it was done during another promo... I might have to e-mail them and see what they are doing in regards to this...they did say via twitter it would be an automatic adjustment ....I wish it were so simple.[/QUOTE]

I'm sticking to this thread like glue when/if it come time to call CS.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Kinect/Deus-Ex-Pre-Order/m-p/307924#M11052

"So if I preordered the Augmented Edition during E3 I end up paying more than someone who preordered the regular edition even though we get the same product?

Whats this about a $10 discount for Augemented edition preorders? http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/101690878170644480
Does that apply in this situation?"

"Hi, if you ordered the Augmented edition during E3, you will get it for the same price as the regular edition for Deus Ex and with the discount.

Thanks."

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow morning, I want to get this sorted out ASAP.

Well tonight I got the email that they have processed my order, checked the status and my credit card has been charged. Hoping they send it out on Wed. and I get it Thurs. No clue whether they will send me the Augmented Ed. or not, I only ordered the reg. edition and I didn't do that during the E3 deal, I ordered Monday morning for $54.

Still no shipping notice for Deus Ex.

I talked to them yesterday night and they said it was boxed up and ready to be sent today. I wonder when Purolator picks up the packages.

[quote name='Mikass']Still no shipping notice for Deus Ex.

I talked to them yesterday night and they said it was boxed up and ready to be sent today. I wonder when Purolator picks up the packages.[/QUOTE]
Did you order the Augmented, and if not did you ask them if you were getting the free upgrade? I'm hoping mine is shipped today.

Just received my copy from the E3 pre-order promotion, unfortunately it's not the augmented edition...

Hopefully it's just me, good luck everyone, guess I may be contacting customer support.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Did you order the Augmented, and if not did you ask them if you were getting the free upgrade? I'm hoping mine is shipped today.[/QUOTE]

No sorry I didn't ask. I talked to another agent before and they said we're suppose to be upgraded and if we don't, keep it wrapped and call them.

I won't be calling them. :lol:

Sucks, I don't have the patience to return it for the augmented and going to the retail store would cost me money on public transportation. I'll keep the regular. They haven't shipped it yet so I'll hope for the best but not expect it.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Got my copy just now, too. No Augmented Edition to be found :( Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you received the pre-order DLC?

Looks like it wasn't included in my shipment.

[quote name='KanoBlade']Any chance you received the pre-order DLC?

Looks like it wasn't included in my shipment.[/QUOTE]

My code was tucked away behind the manual. Tho it was weird. It said it was the Explosive Mission Pack (which was a gamestop exclusive), but when I put it in, I got the Tactical Pack.

Mine shipped as well and I can almost guarantee it will be the regular edition. Do I care? No. :lol:

Now please let it come on Friday!

[quote name='ChaosKnight']My code was tucked away behind the manual. Tho it was weird. It said it was the Explosive Mission Pack (which was a gamestop exclusive), but when I put it in, I got the Tactical Pack.[/QUOTE]

At least that's something I guess, not sure if I want to contact support for the code but it looks like I may have to, didn't find anything other than the Square-Enix Members code and the manual.

Thanks for the update.

You can usually get missing pre-order codes from the publisher if you email them and then provide the documentation they request. I've done it with Ubisoft and Sony.

no augmented edition...no pre-order DLC for me

i even contact their supposrt last week and asked it it'd be upgraded to the Aug Edition and I got:

"Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regards to your pre-order. Yes your Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be updated to the Augmented
Edition.If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing [email protected] or by calling 1-800-663-2275.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop

Sincerely,

Barb Agent 45804"

I...am...annoyed...

So much for "We spoke with our web team and they will ensure all pre-order copies of Deus Ex will be upgraded to the Augmented Edition for all platforms!" Seems like they don't know WTF they're doing.

Well, look at the bright side, as least you're getting everything the regular edition is getting:
6dqnp.jpg

I'm pretty bummed that the Augmented Edition doesn't come with that Onlive code, it grinds my gears even more that Gamestop is just tossing them out (or employees pocketing them).

[quote name='kyle071785']no augmented edition...no pre-order DLC for me

i even contact their supposrt last week and asked it it'd be upgraded to the Aug Edition and I got:

"Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regards to your pre-order. Yes your Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be updated to the Augmented
Edition.If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing [email protected] or by calling 1-800-663-2275.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop

Sincerely,

Barb Agent 45804"

I...am...annoyed...[/QUOTE]

Definitely take it up with them. I just got word my case was escalated to the appropriate department.

I got the game today, regular edition, which I'm happy with because I like all my game cases to look the same on my shelf and non of the AE extras interest me.

However, I did get charged $39.99, so I've contacted CS in hopes of them crediting me back $6.

just talked to future shop customer service.

basically they said to go to square enix/eidos for the Tactical Enhancement Pack as they should have been in the package. As of right now they really don't have any answers as to why it wasn't.

As for the Augmented Edition upgrade they apparently got a memo that says this promotion was in-store only (despite the earlier email i got and despite what was posted on their forums)

so basically they don't have a ****ing clue what is going on. Seriously if I didn't get these games pre-ordered for $40 a pop I'd be really pissed...but i honestly feel like just cancelling the other 9 games I have on order and just waiting for price drops or going elsewhere (using trades to get them cheaper at EB). The guy i spoke to even mentioned that the same crap might happen with Gears of War 3 since they keep adding pre-order content to it.

Best buy has never screwed up...Amazon has never screwed up...hell even EB hasn't screwed me over yet. First pre-order with FS...horrible :whistle2:(

I'm sticking to my Futureshop E3 pre-orders cause as far as I know there won't be any weird issues like free upgrades to collectors editions involved with any of them. Not much that can go wrong as long as they ship them to me within a few days of release. You should contact the publisher for the pre-order code, they will usually give it to you after you show proof of purchase.

Just got mine too, no augmented edition. I tried calling customer service, but hung up after waiting a few minutes. Was funny though because the phone message glitched and started telling me to go to the best buy forums.

I'm not going to bother calling CS again. I have the game and that's all I wanted. I did learn from this that I can't trust anything FS says about bonus items or upgrades and that they have no clue what is going on in their own stores or website.

[quote name='kyle071785']just talked to future shop customer service.

basically they said to go to square enix/eidos for the Tactical Enhancement Pack as they should have been in the package. As of right now they really don't have any answers as to why it wasn't.

As for the Augmented Edition upgrade they apparently got a memo that says this promotion was in-store only (despite the earlier email i got and despite what was posted on their forums)

so basically they don't have a ****ing clue what is going on. Seriously if I didn't get these games pre-ordered for $40 a pop I'd be really pissed...but i honestly feel like just cancelling the other 9 games I have on order and just waiting for price drops or going elsewhere (using trades to get them cheaper at EB). The guy i spoke to even mentioned that the same crap might happen with Gears of War 3 since they keep adding pre-order content to it.

Best buy has never screwed up...Amazon has never screwed up...hell even EB hasn't screwed me over yet. First pre-order with FS...horrible :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

That's pretty brutal. I would recommend going into a store to contest it. You may have better luck putting an electronics dept. staffer on the spot. I'm sure this is what I'm going to have to end up doing. (I don't know how convenient going to a store is for you—if it's far away, then frownie face. :()

[quote name='ass-assassin']I got the game today, regular edition, which I'm happy with because I like all my game cases to look the same on my shelf and non of the AE extras interest me.

However, I did get charged $39.99, so I've contacted CS in hopes of them crediting me back $6.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind me asking why you would be credited $6 back?

@Mikass When the game shipped the price was (still is) $53.99 ($59.99 - $6). In addition to charging you the new low price if the cost drops, which it did, if the Future Shop price is reduced within 30 days of your purchase, you can be refunded the difference.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']That's pretty brutal. I would recommend going into a store to contest it. You may have better luck putting an electronics dept. staffer on the spot. I'm sure this is what I'm going to have to end up doing. (I don't know how convenient going to a store is for you—if it's far away, then frownie face. :()[/QUOTE]

ya i can go to my local store but honestly I doubt it'll do anything. If these cards are supposed to be in the cases they won't crack open a sealed copy to get me a code for my opened version. I think the in-store associates will be even more clueless than the phone support

[quote name='Baztian']I believe the flyer points you in the direction of the future shop pre-order website to pre-order Deus Ex. In-store only?[/QUOTE]

They don't know whats going on. Last week they told me (via email and on their official forums/twitter feed) in-store AND on-line orders would get the upgrade. Today (I assume to cover their asses) they got a memo to tell people it was in-store only...

The best part of all this is when talking to the service agents they actually don't have on record a) last week's flyer to see the promotion where it states it'll be upgraded and b) anything to do with the tactical pack pre-order DLC. The guy claimed he had no access to previous flyers as they can only access what is currently on the website (BS?). He also mentioned that since Deus Ex was now released, the pre-order promotion for the DLC was removed from the product page so he can't even check that (ultimate BS?).

i refuse to believe they run these promotions and don't keep track of them. I also refuse to believe that no one there has access to anything other than whats on the website...

...what a useless company at times :bomb:

[quote name='Baztian']@Mikass When the game shipped the price was (still is) $53.99 ($59.99 - $6). In addition to charging you the new low price if the cost drops, which it did, if the Future Shop price is reduced within 30 days of your purchase, you can be refunded the difference.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll take another $6 off the already low E3 pre-order price of $39. The discount was used for those who purchased at full price (in lieu of the future $10 off Arkham City)...but good luck trying to get it.

So I got the shipping notice today but no adjustment. I am going to pop off an email tomorrow. I wouldn't have argued if it wasn't already promised...and if I knew the augmented was a free upgrade I think most of us would have opted to save $10 at the time of the E3 sale. Just wondering if anyone is actually getting the upgrade when it was shipped?

[quote name='kyle071785']I doubt they'll take another $6 off the already low E3 pre-order price of $39. The discount was used for those who purchased at full price (in lieu of the future $10 off Arkham City)...but good luck trying to get it.[/QUOTE]

I think this is correct as I contacted them via email when Halo CE anniversary dropped from the original listing of 59.99 to 39.99 asking what price I would pay when released

Basically since they lowered the price by 20.00 It effectively nullified the discount and they said I would pay 39.99 not 19.99

Thanks for the information. I understand now what you mean but I can't see you getting the discount. But let us know what happens. :)

Game is out for delivery today! Pretty fast shipping seeing how it was just shipped yesterday and I live in New Brunswick and it usually takes two days to get here. :applause:

bread's done
Back