Expired Deal

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Ebay $20 off $100 until 7pm PST

$20 off purchase of $100+ with code CMADNESS10

Eligible items exclude Coins & Paper Money, eBay Gift Cards, Motors, Business & Industrial, and Real Estate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/eBay-Gift-Card-15-to-200-Email-Delivery-/251669833365?rmvSB=true

For example, I bought two $50 PSN Cards for $80.

UPDATE: Supposedly CDMADNESS10 no longer works. However CMADNESS20 still works as of Friday Morning at 8:51 AM EST. If you have already used CMADNESS10, you can use CMADNESS20 on another transanction. [/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone been able to get cmadness10 to work after its expiration or did that one indeed expire.  cmadness20 finally worked after constantly hitting apply probably what seemed like 100x with all the failed attempts saying "something went wrong please try again" or "this code can't be applied to your order" or "this code is not live" lol I get these errors with cmadness10 too, not sure if I wanna go thru the roundabout again if that one has indeed expired even tho its giving me the same errors for both initially...

during the whole process, emptied out cart probably about 20x to start over & about 10 of those times, paypal said they didn't recognize my PC so had to go thru verification even though I JUST verified like 2 mins ago each time... that paypal site is the one causing the errors instead of ebay itself i think.

It's not working for me anymore. Used VPN and 3 different PayPal accounts. Couldn't shoot for the 4th. Was good while it lasted.

So I kept trying to use the CMadness20 code along with two gift card codes and PayPal balance and something terrifying happened... The order reversed somehow and instead of the transaction taking $20 off, it took $70 off after I pressed confirm. It went through and I'm scared, I don't want this to be a huge screw up, the sellers not getting their payments and my 100% feedback plummeting to the ground...

Did you get it from paypal digital gifts? I just tried for a 100gc and it didn't work.
You have to buy something physical with it. I bought both ebay GCs with physical eshop cards from Bestbuy.

So I kept trying to use the CMadness20 code along with two gift card codes and PayPal balance and something terrifying happened... The order reversed somehow and instead of the transaction taking $20 off, it took $70 off after I pressed confirm. It went through and I'm scared, I don't want this to be a huge screw up, the sellers not getting their payments and my 100% feedback plummeting to the ground...
Check your credit card statement. Price should show up fine there but if it is an error and you bought gift codes using Paypal digital or Bestbuy I wouldn't worry too much about your feedback.

You need to add a physical item to your cart too, then you can buy the digital card. Not just digital card.
You have to buy something physical with it. I bought both ebay GCs with physical eshop cards from Bestbuy.

Check your credit card statement. Price should show up fine there but if it is an error and you bought gift codes using Paypal digital or Bestbuy I wouldn't worry too much about your feedback.
Thanks guys, just got it to work.

$75 ebay GC+ $5 eBay GC + $20 Nintendo Eshop GC (BB pick up) = $80 out of pocket.

X-SS20: We're sorry. Your PayPal account is registered in a country that isn't eligible for this discount.

Any solutions? 

How were you guys able to do it a second time? it keeps giving me the We can't add that to your order when I use the coupon for a second time. I tried using a second ebay account and paypal account but same issue

Ordered two $50 PSN cards for in store pickup at Best Buy. Thank again OP I am now ready for the Launch Event on PS4 and to get some games on the digital PS4/Vita wishlist.

How were you guys able to do it a second time? it keeps giving me the We can't add that to your order when I use the coupon for a second time. I tried using a second ebay account and paypal account but same issue
Are you using the new code ending in 20? Item can't be email delivery either

Yeah I was using CMadness20 on two 50 psn card for pickup in store, I think because I had used it once that's what was causing the problem. I was able to get it to go on my android tablet with a new ebay account and paypal account though the coupon went on and off as I was entering my ebay gift card numbers.

I bought a New 3ds Plate for $21 and $85 in Best Buy and Gamestop Credit from Paypal Digital Gifts. Used the coupon and the eBay credit from the 1st Coupon transaction for $75 in Ebay Credit.

When I went to check out the 2nd time it showed the Balance showed $11 and I payed in Paypal after $106-$95 (code & GC)=$11. It Looked Right so no problems there. 

Then I've noticed in my purchase history, the Gift Cards never went through but the 3ds plate did for $21 however, I was only charged $1 according to my paypal account. The account showed that the coupon was used in that process lowering the item's price to $1 and paid by eBay Credit.

So basically I bought the item and used the coupon without the $100 dollar limit. Will I be charged later, canceled or am I sitting good on a almost Free 3ds Plate?

I bought a New 3ds Plate for $21 and $85 in Best Buy and Gamestop Credit from Paypal Digital Gifts. Used the coupon and the eBay credit from the 1st Coupon transaction for $75 in Ebay Credit.

When I went to check out the 2nd time it showed the Balance showed $11 and I payed in Paypal after $106-$95 (code & GC)=$11. It Looked Right so no problems there.

Then I've noticed in my purchase history, the Gift Cards never went through but the 3ds plate did for $21 however, I was only charged $1 according to my paypal account. The account showed that the coupon was used in that process lowering the item's price to $1 and paid by eBay Credit.

So basically I bought the item and used the coupon without the $100 dollar limit. Will I be charged later, canceled or am I sitting good on a almost Free 3ds Plate?
I'm on a similar boat as you where I bought a couple of ds games for $93 after coupon with eBay gift card but only 1 game went through. The other 4 games are not in my purchase history or paypal, but when I check order details, it shows "the seller hasn't recieved the payment" and the payment is pending. Why would it be pending if an eBay gift card was used.

I'm on a similar boat as you where I bought a couple of ds games for $93 after coupon with eBay gift card but only 1 game went through. The other 4 games are not in my purchase history or paypal, but when I check order details, it shows "the seller hasn't recieved the payment" and the payment is pending. Why would it be pending if an eBay gift card was used.
Order total

Subtotal $106.00
Shipping Free
Total coupon amount -$95.00
Total
($64.00)

eBay showed this at the order details. I think eBay had bad coding for the coupon while stacking eBay Credit. It would miscalculate the total. It was happening all day yesterday for me and eBay locked me out for repeated transactions.

I got double charged for an order... I paid using Paypal from my bank (money was already deducted) and now I also have a Paypal credit balance for the transaction. 

This is gonna be fun to resolve. 

?

So does this apply to pretty much anything? Video games, gift cards, Legos, books, decorative fake flowers that smell terrible?

I ended up doing the $80 in ebay digital gift cards + $20 eshop (x2) trick, and on my second order only the $20 eshop gift card went through, but payment is still pending on the second $80 ebay gift card order. The interesting part seems to be that the $80 in ebay digital gift cards from the first order still shows up as not having been used on the second order. In other words, their balance remains untouched.

I'm curious, what'll happen if I interrupt the the process by trying to purchase something else with the $80 in digital ebay gift cards from my first order? Will my currently pending 2nd order of ebay digital gift cards be canceled? Or will they just take that money out of my Paypal account instead?

I knew I should have stayed away. Half the order went through. The other half didn't.
This coupon code is buggy.

The ebay gift card I brought disappeared from the order during checkout.

And I think they double charged me (use the giftcard balance+billed my creditcard for full amount minus $20 coupon).

This is going to be fun to sort out.

I should have stayed away.

I ended up doing the $80 in ebay digital gift cards + $20 eshop (x2) trick, and on my second order only the $20 eshop gift card went through, but payment is still pending on the second $80 ebay gift card order. The interesting part seems to be that the $80 in ebay digital gift cards from the first order still shows up as not having been used on the second order. In other words, their balance remains untouched.

I'm curious, what'll happen if I interrupt the the process by trying to purchase something else with the $80 in digital ebay gift cards from my first order? Will my currently pending 2nd order of ebay digital gift cards be canceled? Or will they just take that money out of my Paypal account instead?
Exact same thing here. My eShop cards are ready for pickup but nothing happened with my second eBay card and the balance on my first cards are still there. It doesn't really show the 2nd eBay cards anywhere either, not sure what to do.

Exact same thing here. My eShop cards are ready for pickup but nothing happened with my second eBay card and the balance on my first cards are still there. It doesn't really show the 2nd eBay cards anywhere either, not sure what to do.
Bend over, and prepare to get screwed by eBay.

You need to add a physical item to your cart too, then you can buy the digital card. Not just digital card.
Just to clarify, it has to be a $20+ physical item. I tried it last night with a $3 CD I wanted, and it only took the price of the CD off. Once I added a $57 golf club to it, it took off the full $20.

Pray, PRAY to whatever deity you choose that everything works. I have spent the last hour or more getting pitched around between ebay and paypal CS with no resolution yet. Since they are seperate companies now they don't seem to communicate at all. Even Dell is better than this.

Bah it messed up for me. I ordered a 100 dollars in stuff last night.

67 25 12

I paid thought it was all good. Noticed it still said the 15 dollar thing had payment pending.

Today during lunch without thinking I saw I still had a bunch of stuff in my cart and when I emptied it killed the "pending" one that was still pending I guess or something. No history of it anywhere even though I paid for it with the coupon. So the the free 12 dollar thing is just gone now.

I don't think it is even worth trying to contact ebay to get them to fix it since I'm sure they won't be smart enough to figure it out.

I should've just bought a straight $100 dollar thing to make it easy.

This coupon granted me the stupidity to give into Sony's vita memory card pricing.  Grabbed a 64 gb card with a "free" $20 steam card.  Those stupid cards will most likely climb in price before dropping, sigh.

I bought 5 $20 cards for steam and eshop via Best Buy, and it shows a $100 transaction on the app but $80 on the website.  I should have double checked my balance before, I don't trust these ebay coupons to come off correctly.

I read some people were going for seconds and I considered it but I'm holding off.  My one order is more than enough for me (netted a free $20 PSN card from BB).  Most glitches are best used early on.  I didn't want to mess with eBay or Paypal.  I've read they can limit or ban your account too for abuse.  I'm not sure if purchases will lead to eBay bans but I remember reading before how they can be pretty harsh.  They will freeze your Paypal account and prevent you from using Paypal again even if they deem necessary.  Best to play it cautious on the second day in my opinion.

bread's done
Back