Extra Life Gaming Charity Event - Team CAG Play Games! Help Kids!

Ah crap. I read about the Extra Life charity from the PS Blog today and wanted to be proactive and created a Team CAG for everyone over at the PS3 Gamesharing thread. Little did I think to do a search first to see if one already existed. Can we merge? People have already started donating.

This is ours in case you guys were interested.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=12534
I will email their support staff in a little bit. You are the leader for that new team? I think you will need to contact their support as well so they can confirm the merge is desired on two ends. PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]

Going to try and contacf ATLUS again today. Sorry Ive been away dealing with some family stuff. I'll also contact Nippon Ichi and see if they can assist.

Alright, everyone the Flickr stream has been updated with photos from Tripwire Interactive and their gracious donation. If you have people sponsoring or donating let them know we will throw them up on the Flickr stream so the community see who has been supporting us.

EDIT: So Usuyami said that he wants to move everyone in his new Team to the old Team, but I can probably ask support to change the Team name if everyone prefers a different one. So basically, just suggest a name you think works well; keep it simple/short and the one with the most popularity/votes will be the new name. 

So, question to everyone. If you had to choose one of these names for our Extra Life Team, which do you prefer? Team CAG or [CAG] Team Cheap Ass Gamer? 

Team CAG page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=12534

[CAG] Team Cheap Ass Gamer page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=10495

Support contacted me back regarding the duplicate Team issue brought up by Usuyami; they suggested moving each individual team member to one of the potential teams. Based on the popularity of either name, I will reply back to support with what team to use this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like [CAG] Team Cheap Ass Gamer since its states the site name for who we're playing for. When I contact the companies, that is what they're expecting to see to validate my claims.

On another note, Nippon Ichi Software just stated that they're down for the cause. No word yet from Nintendo, Razer and ATLus.

Anyone else get hooked up from the Playstation Movement today?

I got all the basic levels unlocked! Now to entice potential donors with swag!
Yeah, I just got my codes. I own quite a few of them or am not interested in that specific game, so I'm thinking I should just ask the people who've donated to my specific page if they would want some of the games/codes. If none of the previous donors are interested, I might hold a mini contest for them.

Does anyone who is either a member of Team CAG or has donated to Team CAG during this year's event want a code for Wipeout HD on PSN and playable on the PS3?  Please send me a PM with a link to your page or donation and post in this thread so I don't get more than the needed 1 PM.

Where did you get the codes for reaching? Also guys I'm making some changes to the raffle. Since Ive been working Extra Life, we have some people that put in some work and get nothing, while some people reap greats stuff. So to alleviate this, I'm incorporating a minimum raised amount. Two reasons why I feel this is a good thing:

1. More money raised for the kids.

2. Hard work pays off.

I'll throw a change up on the first page. The minimum will be $40 to be able to qualify for any of the raffles. I feel that this a feasible goal.

Hey, everyone. Spacey here.

I have a deal to make with you.

I'm in Bakersfield, CA, and students at CSUB are organizing a huge event. 50 consoles, 700 games (at this point), board games, card games, tabletop games. Retro machines (Atari Jaguar?), Xbox Steel Battalion, dedicated ACIV Black Flag machine, Guinness world record holder Carrie Swidecki (49 hours of "Just Dance" on Xbox). Free dinner from Panda Express, free lunch from Jersey Mike's Subs, free snacks and drinks from WalMart and Coca-Cola. Over a dozen tournaments: shooters (Halo 4, CoD:BOII, CoD:Ghosts), Sports (Madden 25, FIFA '14, NBA 2K14), Fighting (MvC, SF, Injustice, Skullgirls, TTT2 - livestreamed over twitch.tv), Nintendo (SSB and MK), Magic the Gathering, Kaijudo, Warhammer 40K, Warmachine and Heroclix.

It's gonna be kinda nuts.

We're doing ours on November 9th because there's another event in Bako on the 2nd. It's 10 AM to 10 PM in the CSUB Student Union.

Here's the deal.

You don't have to join Team CSU Bakersfield to participate in our event. You can join Team CAG. But you DO have to choose "Bakersfield Memorial Hospital" as the recipient of your fundraising - which you would do anyway, if you're in the area, right? And you have to raise at least $20. That's our cutoff to get in the doors.

There's also a parking fee of $5 on campus. Sucks, I know. Believe me, I know.

So - join Team CAG or Team CSU Bakersfield. Choose Bakersfield Memorial. Raise $20. You're in.

Every $10 you raise gets you a ticket that you can put toward a number of door prizes.

Come in cosplay, get an extra ticket.

Raise $100, and you get a special ticket into a drawing for an Xbox One worth $500.

We also have some pretty awesome prizes for some of our tournaments, including Turtle Beach Headsets worth $199 and $279. We'll also have some silent auction items, and some smaller items you can get with just a donation (no need to "win" them).

Blizzard has donated an additional $20,000 to go to the hospital that has the biggest growth over last year. Last year, our hospital had $5554 in donations. Our team is trying to raise $12,500, hoping to break $15K for all of Bakersfield. We think that might actually do it.

There's more info here: www.campusgamers.net.

There's a link there to the registration page.

There's also a link there to our email address if you have questions.

You guys are doing great!

EDIT: Here's a link to all the games that will be there (and those we hope will be there): LINK

That event sounds interesting, but you probably won't get too many CAG's to support that hospital by posting just in this thread. Maybe consider making a thread in the regional forum or elsewhere to garner more interest and awareness of the event.

Sounds like a great event, but yeah Obsidian is spot on. I throw it up in the regional threads, and in the Contest & Free threads so people are aware.

Hi all. I am late to the party, Richter.   :bouncy:

I haven't joined any teams yet, but I am aware of ObsidianSpire's team as well as the PlayStation Movement. Is it possible to join both?  It looks like I was able to join the PS Movement and can email Extra Life or contact their live chat support to join the CAG team once I've decided to :)

I plan to livestream my 25 hours. In the morning I'll play some GTA or such...  Later, I might have a friend or two over while we play and finish Army of Two, play You Don't Know Jack. Once it gets late I'll probably switch over to single player games and some multiplayer games (I have both PS3 and 360, also WiiU too).

I haven't joined any team yet, and am realizing (from the posts) what a great idea the raffles are, too :)

Glad to have you on board, wongjp. We should consider putting a section in the first post to cover gamertags, Twitch usernames, etc. for everyone who wants some company during their marathon.

Thanks, Obsidian. Sounds like a great idea (for the first post). I can provide my info if that happens! Looks like I'm part of the team now.

The developers at Tripwire Interactive donated 12 signed copies of Red Orchestra 2 a while back, and I think either 8 or 9 were given away in the first contest I ran for them.  So I have at least 3 if not 4 copies leftover. I've contacted a couple members of Team CAG about their interest in the remaining signed copies of Red Orchestra 2, but would like to extend the chance to everyone on the team. One thing to note is I also offered a similar option to members of the Tripwire Interactive forums, so these copies shouldn't last too long.

Are any members of Team CAG interested in taking one of the remaining copies?  I do have some requirements for someone to be eligible.

1. They have to have raised at least $20 for Extra Life during this year's campaign or donated some of their own money to an Extra Life campaign (minimum of $10?). I will require proof of donation.

2. One copy per CAG

3. Would prefer each copy went to people who actually want it for themselves or their collection, but if you know a really hardcore RO2 fan who would love this or something similar it's okay to pass along.

If you meet those requirements, please send me a PM.  I won't be doing a first come first serve approach, but I will probably look at all the emails tomorrow and raffle them off if I have more people interested than the remaining amount.

Hey every one!

I recently registered and have joined your team. I hope to raise a good amount to help support this great cause.

For those of you who plan to livestream your marathon, I'd like to suggest loading up any/all your games (that you plan to play on gaming day). Do this so you don't have to sit through title updates on the 360 and especially the PS3 & WiiU... PC even (Payday 2 updates have been hefty)! :)

Just got the email and thought I would pop in to say hi to everyone else on team CAG. I haven't raised that much but hopefully I can get a little more before november.

While you guys mentioned raffles for Team participants, I also thought about having a raffle or two for my donors. What do you think of this? I am considering things like Steam codes for popular games (that I have, unclaimed) and some of those PlayStation Movement rewards as well.

Well the raffles I'm having are for team members that have raised $40 or more dollars for their hospital. The reason I implemented this and suggested it to Obsidian because we have people who will join, but not raise any money. In all honesty, I'm sure someone can at least raise $5, no reason for $0. Plus these folks would still walk away with prizes though they did nothing to help the cause, so it is unfair for those that did raise money by contacting family and friends to donate even $1, or help sponsor by doing a bake sale and taking the proceeds and depositting them.

Well the raffles I'm having are for team members that have raised $40 or more dollars for their hospital. The reason I implemented this and suggested it to Obsidian because we have people who will join, but not raise any money. In all honesty, I'm sure someone can at least raise $5, no reason for $0. Plus these folks would still walk away with prizes though they did nothing to help the cause, so it is unfair for those that did raise money by contacting family and friends to donate even $1, or help sponsor by doing a bake sale and taking the proceeds and depositting them.
Makes total sense, frostybroc! I mentioned this to a friend of mine at Aksys Games, and I *might* be in touch with them soon to add something to your raffle prize pots :)

I agree with Frosty and I'm going to be implementing a similar minimum in all my Team raffles, but the amount will change to represent the value of the prize. I.E. $20 raised to be eligible for a Red Orchestra 2 copy and maybe $5 or 10 raised to pick a code from my spreadsheet of Steam/PC games. 

I will try to email a few more companies soon, but I've been busy working on projects for school. It's a little hectic this semester, but I've got a bunch of cool game projects playable, so the time invested is paying off. :D

Just wanted to check in here. I have been on the Team CAG since a week or so ago and have raised $326 and counting. We combined the team created by Usuyami within the Gamesharing thread. So great to see everything that you guys are doing here. I am #4 on our team right now but I am still pushing to try and get higher. 

I am not livestreaming or anything like that but I will be playing on the 2nd if anyone would like to arrange some games to play co-op.

I have both 360 and PS3 for multiplayer or co op gaming, Boosted! This is my first year to do the Extra Life marathon, and it's nice to be part of a team and help in reaching the team goal, too.

A sample of what I own for 360 multiplayer games: Gears of War 1,2,3. Halo: Reach, Halo 3 (re-aqcuired thanks to Games with Gold Promotion this week), Halo 4, Max Payne 3, GTA V/Online, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5, NFS Most Wanted, Saints Row 1-4, You Don't Know Jack. By the way, I am TERRIBLE at fighting games, so anyone else already has the advantage and I can just get my arse kicked :)

My twitch page is over at www.twitch.tv/wongJP :) Gamertag on XBL: "Akiba Decker". PSN is "AkibaDecker".

I'll be playing games on a bunch of systems on the 2nd. if anyone wants to group up just send me a friend invite.

Xbox 360

Charlie Murder

GTA Online

Gears of War Judgement

PS3

PS All Stars

LBP 2

PC

Terraria 

Star Wars the Old Republic

Awesomenauts 

I just sent a request via Xbox Live, Sinfulfate :)  I think it'll be good to add you guys, especially during the midnight through next morning portion of the marathon.

In previous years, have you had an energy drink or two to keep awake?  I should be fine, but some prep will be good

Re: random acts of kindness- I just did the same for another member of Team CAG. :)  I'm really not sure what games I'm going to play yet.  I might be playing with a bunch of friends at my college, but I'd either be limited to Steam games or have to bring one of my consoles for most of the games I would want to play.  I guess I can use cloud saves to get around bringing my console, but it might just be easier to bring it in since I have a bunch of downloadable titles too.

Ill be playing
xbox
GTA 5 Sp & mp

Ps3
LBP2
the last of us
as have to start beyond:two souls.

So hit me up if your down for some mp.

Alright guys, going broke over here. Added prizes for :wiiu: and :3ds:

Sorry :360: Owners.

Let's reach our goal!

just saw your total...way to go, folks! I'll keep an eye on how things are going for you on the 2nd...in between games, of course. This year I'm determined to try to interact with others more, because it sure gets loney around 1am on Sunday morning. :)

I'm planning to have a prize raffle (maybe 2 or 3 during the marathon). In addition to setting a minimum donation amount to be automatically included in a raffle, how would you award the prizes?  Mine would be in the form of Steam keys, PSN game codes and maybe some boxed copies of games.  When a winner is picked at random for one raffle, would it sound best to just let that person choose? Some of the donors might not even be gamers, so I'm wondering if I should contact donors ahead of time and ask if they even want to be included in the raffle before the marathon. Please advise :)

I'm planning to have a prize raffle (maybe 2 or 3 during the marathon). In addition to setting a minimum donation amount to be automatically included in a raffle, how would you award the prizes? Mine would be in the form of Steam keys, PSN game codes and maybe some boxed copies of games. When a winner is picked at random for one raffle, would it sound best to just let that person choose? Some of the donors might not even be gamers, so I'm wondering if I should contact donors ahead of time and ask if they even want to be included in the raffle before the marathon. Please advise :)
Who are you making eligible to win? Just the current CAG team members who donated over a certain amount? If that is the case then you need to look at how many people will be eligible. If it is only for people that donated "x amount" to you then you might still have a very small available list if people to give prizes away to. I am just bringing it up is all. I think everything that people are doing is great. I am still pushing for more right now. I also need to submit the check I received for $50.00 so it will actually post on my account.

Who are you making eligible to win? Just the current CAG team members who donated over a certain amount? If that is the case then you need to look at how many people will be eligible. If it is only for people that donated "x amount" to you then you might still have a very small available list if people to give prizes away to. I am just bringing it up is all. I think everything that people are doing is great. I am still pushing for more right now. I also need to submit the check I received for $50.00 so it will actually post on my account.
Hi Boosted, my original thought was having my donors as part of the raffle. Of the donations I've received, about 15 of them are eligible for raffle prizes right now if a minimum was, say, $25.00.

Hi Boosted, my original thought was having my donors as part of the raffle. Of the donations I've received, about 15 of them are eligible for raffle prizes right now if a minimum was, say, $25.00.
Wow, way to go. Most of my donors are family so they really wouldn't care about getting a video game. :D

Contacting the donors ahead of time should be fine and eliminate unnecessary wait times.  One thing I tried last year was having a couple of different prize levels corresponding to the amount donated.  So I had a set of 30 digital items at

Wow, way to go. Most of my donors are family so they really wouldn't care about getting a video game. :D
Thanks :) Well, many of my donors may not be gamers also :p

Contacting the donors ahead of time should be fine and eliminate unnecessary wait times. One thing I tried last year was having a couple of different prize levels corresponding to the amount donated. So I had a set of 30 digital items at <$5, 20 items <$10, etc. If you do choose to try that, I'd recommend clear and concise formatting to show the different tier prizes and required donation amounts.

As for having them choose as they win, that will require some form of communication to confirm who wants what. This means the prize draw results can be delayed quite a bit if one winner takes a while, so keep that in mind. But in general I find that the raffle winners appreciate being able to choose their prizes themselves.
The tiers sound pretty cool, actually. Thanks for the tip! I think there would indeed be a delay. For example, some folks might not get back to me on marathon day and might even respond a day or two later. Though I think that'd be alright.... I'd just draw donors names from a pot and take it from there. Prizes in those specific tiers would be first-come, first-serve then perhaps...

Due to Life, I have to hold the raffle sooner, and here are the winners:

James Wong

Burnicus aka john m

Nick Varasse

Steve MArino

Derek Summers

Ed Chang

Jason Ho

Matt Michael

Get in touch with me here ASAP so I can ship the prizes. As for James Wong, get at me ASAP so you can choose your prize!

bread's done
Back