Extra Life Gaming Charity Event - Team CAG Play Games! Help Kids!

Damn dropped to 5th place in the group.  Contacted few of our venders and got an additional 20 and think that's all I can do for the group.  Already sold my surplus of PS+ and Live cards to raise little over 200 and got my order for the t shirt.  So what games are people going to play on the 2nd?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late addition there is a pair of Skullcandy Navigators up for grabs as well. What isn't claimed by the winner list I will hold a second raffle for those who did not win on the 2nd.

I'm all setup for our event tomorrow. We will be playing on 360 (gt: commandercody83), Wii, and N64.

We made our goal of $500!

Pumped beyond belief!

wow, over 4 grand. you guys are awesome! remember, this is the week you will probably get the most donations, so keep pushing! 

I have to announce my raffle prizes to donors and put it on my page as well early this week (I'm back in town tomorrow), so I can hope to get more donations!

Woohoo on reaching the goal!

Just reached my silver medal. One big push this week towards a gold medal at $1000.00. I don't know if I will make it but I am gonna try. I encourage everyone to make one final push this week. Keep up the great work and let's plan to go even bigger for next year.

Just reached my silver medal. One big push this week towards a gold medal at $1000.00. I don't know if I will make it but I am gonna try. I encourage everyone to make one final push this week. Keep up the great work and let's plan to go even bigger for next year.
Yes, next year is going to be great. In Dallas we have a CMN Ambassador and she has been invaluable in getting things organized here. We're going to take the model used in Boston, where they have raised almost 75k.

I really want to organize more for next year. We basically found out about this 3 weeks ago. I know that I can do more if I have more time. I want to include some organized events. I think there needs to be group formed that can try to make a concerted effort towards this. I appreciate everyone's efforts and don't mean to step on anyone's toes. Maybe there is already a core group of organizational members. If there is then I would like to be able to join them. If there is not then I would like to begin a lengthy conversation with other members about how to push this to be larger for next year.

If you are in or are interested in becoming a organizing member please post so and we will begin brainstorming after we have all completed our goals for 2013.

Keep up the great work.

I agree, the tshirt looks good!

The marathon is coming! I need to sleep better this week so I am not easily tired on Saturday morning.

for anyone new to extra life, make sure you blast your social media contacts this week. read the extra life blog and post stats. beg. plead. the average per person is about $150, so everything above that is gravy, but you should make your most cash this week. I think the most inspiration came during year one when I was sitting there at 2am after having raised $75. $3 an hour hurt. :)

Everyone has been doing a great job on raising for Extra Life. We are currently more than $500 beyond the original goal of $4000.00 and the numbers keep rising. I am going to get that Gold Medal on my first year and I plan to get it every year from here on out. I encourage everyone to keep up the great work. Aim for $50.00, $100.00, the T-Shirt, Silver or Gold Medal. Just remember to set you goal high and you never know what you can achieve.

HI guys, I know it's not much but I've received 5 PC/Windows copies of "Alpha Protocol" that I'd like to mail to the top donors. I met up with an ex-Obsidian friend, and he donated the extra copies to me after he heard about my Extra Life run. I can probably mail them out next week.  If the five guys below could get back to me (via Private Message) with your mailing address, I'd like to send you a copy. If for any reason you don't want a copy, please PM me still so I can draw another name from the Team CAG list. Thanks!

ObsidianSpire

Michael Thompson

Steven Chapman

Jason Ho

Edward Chang

I drew these names from a hat, in case people were wondering. The only criteria I set was that the donor received at least $30 in donations. Thanks again!

------

Also, I've updated my fundraising page with raffle prizes for donors.  I plan to do the raffle after the marathon is over, so that anyone can donate before or during the marathon to be entered to win, too.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=53269

I just joined the Team CAG group! I've pledged to Extra Life participants in the past, but never tried it myself until this year. I'm gonna try streaming some of my gaming on Twitch.tv too. Thanks for allowing me to join the team!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=66351
Congratulations for joining. It is great to have more people on board. :applause:

I have been trailing wongjp for a long time now. I am closing the gap but it will be a very tight race at the end. I only say this because I have a competitive nature and enjoy trying to play catch up with others. He has set a very high bar that made me inch and claw my way towards the top. I am going to need to build up a lead because I am sure the he will do great during the 25 hour marathon in a couple of days. Keep up the great work but know that I am coming for the top spot. :D

Congratulations for joining. It is great to have more people on board. :applause:

I have been trailing wongjp for a long time now. I am closing the gap but it will be a very tight race at the end. I only say this because I have a competitive nature and enjoy trying to play catch up with others. He has set a very high bar that made me inch and claw my way towards the top. I am going to need to build up a lead because I am sure the he will do great during the 25 hour marathon in a couple of days. Keep up the great work but know that I am coming for the top spot. :D
competition is great! go get 'em! more money for the kids!

So it is YOU! :D It's like the ridiculous race in very first Fast & Furious movie. I might have pushed NOS too soon...

I have a feeling you will get more donations in the next few days than I. :) Fundraising for this event has turned out to be pretty fun/interesting, and I like the competition too.

Download your title updates and charge all your peripherals! Just a few more days :)

So it is YOU! :D It's like the ridiculous race in very first Fast & Furious movie. I might have pushed NOS too soon...

I have a feeling you will get more donations in the next few days than I. :) Fundraising for this event has turned out to be pretty fun/interesting, and I like the competition too.

Download your title updates and charge all your peripherals! Just a few more days :)
I am the one keeping the pressure on you. However, I am not live streaming or anything so I have a feeling you will make a strong push on game day. If anyone would like to add me on PSN please do so and put Extra Life in the comments section. I have quite a few games and would love to play some co-op with people. I have just about every game that has come out in the last 6 months. Send me a pm if there is something specific that you want to play.

Shot out some thank you emails to companies that helped. Got this back from David @ NISAmerica

Hey William,

Glad to help you guys out! I think it's awesome you guys got to surpass your goal as well! Nothing better than gaming for a cause. Please let me know when another event like this comes around, or if you need help with anything else and I'll be happy to help.

Again, congratulations on exceeding your goal!

Best,
David

Next year I will contact my industry friends much sooner to help out with prize packs :) I feel like there are so many more gamers that could join Team CAG....

Next year I will contact my industry friends much sooner to help out with prize packs :) I feel like there are so many more gamers that could join Team CAG....
I know that I mentioned it before but we need to have a meeting when the 2013 run is over. If we combine together we could make this even bigger for next year. Lets get a conversation started and plan early for this.

I am the one keeping the pressure on you. However, I am not live streaming or anything so I have a feeling you will make a strong push on game day. If anyone would like to add me on PSN please do so and put Extra Life in the comments section. I have quite a few games and would love to play some co-op with people. I have just about every game that has come out in the last 6 months. Send me a pm if there is something specific that you want to play.
Your library is strong, Boosted. Here is my current selection (not my entire library though) of stuff. There are more titles that I have, but these are either ones I want to play or haven't played yet... I love co-op as well. The latest CoD I have, though, is Modern Warfare 3. I think I'm around Level 7 or something :p

My Extra Life 2013 Games List:

http://bit.ly/17WYe48

If the five guys below could get back to me (via Private Message) with your mailing address, I'd like to send you a copy. If for any reason you don't want a copy, please PM me still so I can draw another name from the Team CAG list. Thanks!

ObsidianSpire

I drew these names from a hat, in case people were wondering. The only criteria I set was that the donor received at least $30 in donations. Thanks again!
I sent a PM last week, but I already own this, so please pass it on to another member of Team CAG.

Shot out some thank you emails to companies that helped. Got this back from David @ NISAmerica
Just curious, frosty, but did you send emails to all of the companies who donated? If not, I should totally send them another thank you message before the event.

General news: I added to our goal since we met the Team goal of $4000, it's now $5000 but we were already at around $4800 so it's really much smaller. :D

One of my friends donated and wrote me some nice words today. I think it's worth sharing, to let all of you know that we're making a difference..

We are glad to donate to a good cause, especially since children are very much on our minds these days. We have been waiting for the stork to fly over our home for some time, so I think donating to a cause like this can only be a good thing! Honestly, very few people take action to raise awareness for a cause, or let alone, raise funds for an important cause like this, so I commend you for taking the initiative to do some good in our world; if there were only more people like you!
:)

Oh my god, you are a genius. All my streaming stuff (mouse, keyboard, controllers) relies on rechargeable batteries and I know they would have died on me. Thanks!
I popped in all my games across all systems to download all the patches. This was especially important for PS3! I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries for my controllers.

GOLD MEDAL for wongjp. :applause: :applause: CONGRATS TO YOU SIR. I will be there soon.
Thank you ^_^ I updates my goal twice. Originally it was $500, then $750. I won't update it again! Though it's been said that people are less likely to donate when the goal is reached. But let's not be greedy AGAIN :p

I popped in all my games across all systems to download all the patches. This was especially important for PS3! I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries for my controllers.

Thank you ^_^ I updates my goal twice. Originally it was $500, then $750. I won't update it again! Though it's been said that people are less likely to donate when the goal is reached. But let's not be greedy AGAIN :p
My original goal was $500 but I upped it to $1000. I have considered moving it to $1250 or $1500 but there is only 1 day left for my efforts. After tomorrow I will begin planning for Extra Life 2014.

Edit : I am going for $1250.00. I think I can make it. I might have some tricks up my sleeve. :D

Also can we get the team goal upped to $6000. We are already past $5000 so we need to keep pushing it up.

My original goal was $500 but I upped it to $1000. I have considered moving it to $1250 or $1500 but there is only 1 day left for my efforts. After tomorrow I will begin planning for Extra Life 2014.
I know that Child's Play is a big thing for CAG, so I wish that Extra Life would be as well for next year. That is, front page news and all.

I know that Child's Play is a big thing for CAG, so I wish that Extra Life would be as well for next year. That is, front page news and all.
It should be a front page thing. Unquestionably we have made a huge effort and we can gain a lot more people if there is a larger amount of people helping. Extra Life 2014 should be huge.

It should be a front page thing. Unquestionably we have made a huge effort and we can gain a lot more people if there is a larger amount of people helping. Extra Life 2014 should be huge.
Probably should write Cheapy about it for next year?

UPDATE: This is a no brainer, which I should have done long ago -- make my Twitch.tv OFFLINE graphic the Extra Life ad with a URL to my donation page :3

If anybody wants my codes for xsplit/ defiance tell me. I won't be using them and I might as well give them away instead of just letting them expire.

Probably should write Cheapy about it for next year?

UPDATE: This is a no brainer, which I should have done long ago -- make my Twitch.tv OFFLINE graphic the Extra Life ad with a URL to my donation page :3
Just an update wongjp. I am coming for you. I am putting the pressure on. This is going to be a battle down to the end. Let the game begin. :D

hey guys im hoping my cag brethren can rally behind me as i will as a member of teamcag be attempting guiness world records for longest live stream longest video game marathon and with your help most money raised by a single individual for charity 

additionally if anyone could loan a capture card for the event so i have further reach beyond steam and various emulated items i would kiss that man 

Just an update wongjp. I am coming for you. I am putting the pressure on. This is going to be a battle down to the end. Let the game begin. :D
Looks like you passed me by! Oof! :) I must consider my tactics now ;)

Hey Guys,

Obsidian, I just emailed NISAmerica, and Naughty Dog. Last year CheapyD put us out on the podcast, and we even had our thread stickied. I requested it this year, and nothing from no one.

You guys are awesome! I love seeing this groundswell of activity. We are trying to get something like this going in Dallas, and frankly, I wish we had more people like you guys. Next year you are probably going to hear more about guilds, which is how Boston raised $100k plus.

You should consider contacting the Extra Life team and see if they can get you in touch with a CMN Ambassador to help you organize events and such. I think we can make this thing huge, because gamers love to game, and most of us have pretty big hearts. With people like you guys behind it, I have no doubt will will succeed.

A week ago I reached out to my local CMN manager, based on one of the Extra Life email blasts she wrote.  We met up and brainstormed ways to get more support for our local Children's Hospital for this as well as next year.

I appreciate that. I might be tapped out but I really want to reach $2000 now. I am $169.00 away at this point. I have a donation for $10.00 that I haven't added yet. I will do it later tonight.
Do you have Need for Speed: Most Wanted on 360 (the latest Criterion one)? I"d like to play some of you if you have it.

I'm scheduling my games out tonight actually.

bread's done
Back