Extra Life Gaming Charity Event - Team CAG Play Games! Help Kids!

Woo!!!  I'm checking my setup right now.  I might be doing some Twitch tests later tonight (like 10pm or 11pm Pacific). If you're around visit my Twitch page.

starting with Arkham Origins! See you guys online! Once more into the breach, dear friend! Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! 

I would update the Extra Life goals and whatnot, but the website is down at the moment.  I'll try again after my project work is done. I'll see you guys online. :)

I have a feeling it was just more legit traffic than expected.

Anyway, is there anyway to donate to the team in general or do I have to pick a specific person? If I have to choose, who do I choose?

I have a feeling it was just more legit traffic than expected.

Anyway, is there anyway to donate to the team in general or do I have to pick a specific person? If I have to choose, who do I choose?
Pick someone that may be close to thier goal and give it to them. :)

Early congratulations to people finishing up this morning. Hope you see this message this afternoon when you've had time to rest up!

I've been retweeting like crazy just randoms on Twitter trying to raise morale!

Donated $100 to each of the top 5 CAG team members. Thanks for doing this!
I was so so happy to see your donation, Cheapy! I checked my email during my livestream and was super happy to receive a donation from you. Thank you so much!! ^_^

I'll write more later but I'm going to catch some Z's :) Congrats to all who did the marathon!

Thanks so much, frostybroc for the prize!  I love it.  Also, congrats to everyone on the team for raising money for the event.  I'm ready to do this again next year :D

Just wanted to stop by and say you guys did a great job. In the past the GameEnthus guys played with the CAG team, but since we had to do our event earlier this year, we were not able to. 

Great Job!

Tiny

Repost/Update:

Hi guys, I know it's not much but I've received 5 PC/Windows copies of "Alpha Protocol" that I'd like to mail to the top donors. I met up with an ex-Obsidian friend, and he donated the extra copies to me after he heard about my Extra Life run. I can probably mail them out next week.  If the five guys below could get back to me (via Private Message) with your mailing address, I'd like to send you a copy.

Edward, you haven't contacted me. If I don't hear from you by Friday, I'll draw another name from Team CAG donors!

ObsidianSpire (Opted Out)

Chad Garvin (Shipping Soon)

Michael Thompson (Shipping Soon)

Steven Chapman (Shipping Soon)

Jason Ho  (Shipping Soon)

Edward Chang

I drew these names from a hat, in case people were wondering. The only criteria I set was that the donor received at least $30 in donations. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the folks that had their marathon this past weekend!  Hope it was fun and not too demanding... 

I'll be on the official "make-up" date of this coming Saturday if anyone wants to play.  Still haven't decided what I want to play...  Too many choices this year.  Anyway, send me a friend request via Steam (same screen name) or at steve01879 on PSN and DiddyMa0 on x360.  

Might even dust off the WiiU for a little while.  Also, a HUGE THANK YOU to Cheapy.  When I received the email, at first I was like wtf? Who is this???  Didn't take long to figure it out.  Well, I'm kicking off on Friday night around 6pm EST so anyone on here is welcome to join.

Now to try and wrestle up a few more $$$, really disappointed myself versus last year's performance.  Sophomore slump I suppose.  

And a big thank you to Obsidian and Frosty and everyone else who had raffles and donations for the CAGr's.  You guys really go out of the way to get folks involved and help spread awareness through the gaming community.  Was it just me or did it seem like a much bigger event this year?  I mean scumbag DDoS attacks? Wow.  There was even some local coverage in Knoxville, TN of an Extra Lifer that I saw on the news when I was visiting my folks this weekend.  Great to see such recognition for the cause.

Well, now it's time to update some games and try not to get too distracted by installing a dishwasher tomorrow.  

Cheers all.

Good luck on the marathon, Multi!  I'll probably be joining you since I had some unexpected project issues pop up and was unable to attempt my marathon. Hooligan project partner couldn't contribute and made me spend most of my weekend working on my 3D game project instead of playing through some backlog. 

I think it's definitely gotten bigger and advertised more this year, too. Good luck, Multi :)  I might be around to play online. If I am, you'll see an "Akiba Decker" on Xbox360 or PS3 via Friend Request.

After seeing articles on major gaming blogs and some news sites, Extra Life definitely is being seen as a "big deal". This means next year has the potential to be really huge. I mean, we're basically almost at $4 million dollars. Who knows what could be raised next year? :)

Hey all, here's my marathon (in time lapse) from last weekend :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAOIf5pyjU

^^^ Something natural about playing racing games towards the end of the marathon.  I did the same thing last year with burnout paradise.  It definitely kept me awake.  Not sure what I want to start with tonight.  I haven't cracked Last of Us, but I built a PC rig an have almost 400 games (mostly untouched, but newly installed) on Steam.  Decisions....  I'm starting tonight around 7/8pm.  I may set up a twitch.tv for my PC sessions.  Last year I webcamed through ustream (they comp'd us, not sure if I can do for free again).

Ok. Official start 730, played some batman so on steam and plopped in TLoU. If anyone wants to play msg me through here and I'll switch out. Wish me luck.

Great Video Wong. Man I couldn't last all 25, I crashed after 19 hours. I am looking forward to it again next year. Crazy that I spent 19 hours on BF4, no ,love for :pc: FFXIV or :wiiu: Windwaker. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, cool video, . :)  I actually couldn't stay awake for some reason on the make up marathon day. I got my flu shot earlier that day, so maybe that's why but either way I barely got any gaming in.  Ah, well, I've probably spent about 25 hours gaming in chunks since the initial marathon; much more manageable to play in chunks when complications keep arising. 

^^^ Something natural about playing racing games towards the end of the marathon. I did the same thing last year with burnout paradise. It definitely kept me awake. Not sure what I want to start with tonight. I haven't cracked Last of Us, but I built a PC rig an have almost 400 games (mostly untouched, but newly installed) on Steam. Decisions.... I'm starting tonight around 7/8pm. I may set up a twitch.tv for my PC sessions. Last year I webcamed through ustream (they comp'd us, not sure if I can do for free again).
Sorry that I couldn't be there to support you, Multibeaster. I ended up spending the weekend catching up a lot of errands that I couldn't attend to for the last two weeks -_-

Yeah... At around 4:30 I was playing Chime, which is a puzzle game that can have pretty soothing music... to the point it will lull you to sleep. That and Retro/Grade, which had me zoning out at around that time also. I was like, okay, I need to play something that will startle me... my driving games.

Great Video Wong. Man I couldn't last all 25, I crashed after 19 hours. I am looking forward to it again next year. Crazy that I spent 19 hours on BF4, no ,love for :pc: FFXIV or :wiiu: Windwaker. :(
I think the marathon was doable because of jumping from game to game. One of my coworkers was also doing the marathon. He played Defiance for *23 hours*. I don't know if I could do that with just one game!! 19 on BF4 sounds pretty amazing. Did you go through the campaign? I am getting it on PS4.

Yeah I completed Campaign, which isn't too long. The game is great, being ex-military I get hyped up for stuff like BF4. Sad is that Ive neglected FFXIV ARR, Guild Wars 2, and Windwaker HD.

Hey guys, just saw an email letting people know Extra Life 2014 registration is up. I don't think I will be particularly free this semester, so if someone else decides to head Team CAG I'll join.  Hope everyone's vacations and holidays were good!

bread's done
Back