Fable Anniversary - Out Feb. 4, 1st run copies w/ bonuses

I will be picking this one up as well.  I just remembered in 2 or was it 3 you built interest even when you didn't play?  I might have hit one million gold by now.

I will be picking this one up as well. I just remembered in 2 or was it 3 you built interest even when you didn't play? I might have hit one million gold by now.
It was definitely like this in Fable 2. Maybe I should go back to it as well.

I'm just now discovering this and great timing as well...I'm almost OCD about knowing the story of a game before I play anything after the first game of a series (ie I looked up the stories of Fallout 1 & 2 before playing Fallout 3) so when Fable 2 came up on the backlog, I had to go read about the first before I dove into the second. After reading the story, I saw the link that it's coming to 360...Needless to say, Fable 2 went back into the backlog and I'm awaiting this one as well to discover this series for the first time.

I'm just now discovering this and great timing as well...I'm almost OCD about knowing the story of a game before I play anything after the first game of a series (ie I looked up the stories of Fallout 1 & 2 before playing Fallout 3) so when Fable 2 came up on the backlog, I had to go read about the first before I dove into the second. After reading the story, I saw the link that it's coming to 360...Needless to say, Fable 2 went back into the backlog and I'm awaiting this one as well to discover this series for the first time.
Good choice, often times people go backwards since they get into a series from the 2nd or 3rd game and it doesn't have the same appeal. It's like you're swimming up stream really. For the 1st Fable all you need to know is what Peter Molyneux told us that IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! ok the tone is set...

Don't get your expectations set to high.  He has told us great things in the past and they didn't seem to come true till the next game and even then at times it seemed like it was half assed.  Good thing is the game was still good.

Title could use a update that this game isn't coming this year.

What a sad year for 360 exlcusives. What came out? Battleblock Theater, Gears of War Judgement and *Drum Roll*  State of Decay which ended up being console only.

Title could use a update that this game isn't coming this year.

What a sad year for 360 exlcusives. What came out? Battleblock Theater, Gears of War Judgement and *Drum Roll* State of Decay which ended up being console only.
Yeah it's pretty relevant that it wasn't easy with the transition of last gen to next-gen - aside from going up against heavy hitters like GTA V - so I believe some things might have been put on hold or developers might have wanted to try the wait and see approach.

I think you'll see a continuation of what we saw with the transition to the last generation for Microsoft, a majority of games available for both platforms and then slowly but surely whittled down to be current-gen focused entirely.

That said I f'n loved Battleblock Theater haha.

Really liked State of Decay too, shame its buggy release and the final say for no co-op integration put it out of so many people's radars for 2013 gaming awards.

So the official site has some gorgeous screens up.

Spoilering to save space

gallery-image-fable-ani-1high.jpg

gallery-image-fable-ani-2HIGH.jpg

gallery-image-fable-ani-3HIGH.jpg

gallery-image-fable-ani-4HIGH.jpg

gallery-image-fable-ani-5HIGH.jpg

gallery-image-fable-ani-6HIGH.jpg

I so can't wait to step foot back in Albion. It's such a rich, beautiful setting. I have the game and guide preordered at amazon. Thank you Christmas gift cards!!

Too bad there aren't any online components like in 2 and 3. I enjoyed them, even as limited as they were.

On the 8th they went Gold!

Fable Anniversary Goes GoldPre-Order bonuses announced
Written by osubluejacket on 08 January 14 at 20:15

Chicken Chasers rejoice! In a blog post today, Lionhead has confirmed that Fable Anniversary has gone gold and is on schedule for its early February release.

025350.jpg

Lionhead went on to confirm that the game will receive retailer-exclusive content in the form of the following outfit and weapon packs.

Peirates Pre-Order Pack
025355.jpg

Peirates Outfit

Peirates was a famous plunderer, known for travelling uncharted waters to take entire cargo ships hostage for their most expensive items. He was also known by the name "Pete" in less formal circles.

Peirates Cutlass

A weapon used at sea needs to be both practical and effective. Peirates spent years refining this weapon so that the hook could be used to catch fish, the tip could be used to eat fish, and the blade could be used to slit a man's throat.Snowspire Pre-Order Pack
025354.jpg

Snowspire Guard Outfit

Made from genuine horse hair, this outfit is said to calm even the most vocal of criminals.

The Jackarse

An age-old popular pasttime was run by a chap named Jack, who used to slap people around the face with a dead fish until they fell onto their arse. The rest, as they say, is history...Apollo's Pre-Order Pack
025356.jpg

Apollo's Outfit

Apollo is the pseudonym for the leader of The Grey Company, the man responsible for monitoring Lady Grey's financial investments. As fearsome as that may sound, he had a reputation for being incredibly nice, often using his own money to bail out any villager that couldn't afford that months rent.

Apollo's Crossbow

Based on a centuries old concept, Apollo wanted to create a modern crossbow with the feel of a relic from the past - and thus this crossbow was born. Dependable in combat, but also pretty tasty to look at.Lionhead didn't mention which retailers were going to be carrying which packs, so be sure to check with your favorite retailers before making a purchasing decision.

Finally, for those who simply HAVE to have everything, Lionhead confirmed that all of these packs will be available for purchase in the Xbox Games Store later in the year.

Fable Anniversary is set for release on February 4th in North America, February 6th in Asia, and February 7th in Europe. You can check out the additional bonus content that will be in the First Edition copies of the game here.

I'm loving the trend of pre-order bonuses becoming future and most likely discounted DLC later on. I don't know, trying to decide if I should wait or pick it up, did get an Amazon gift card from Christmas.  :whistle2:k

Amazon has the Apollo pack, not sure about the others.
Cool, that's where I preordered from.

I have to agree, Spy. Making the DLC available to all is nice. The retailer DLC for ACIV just went live this week and I was tempted to pick it up for $7. People pay crazy prices for this DLC on ebay.

Cool, that's where I preordered from.

I have to agree, Spy. Making the DLC available to all is nice. The retailer DLC for ACIV just went live this week and I was tempted to pick it up for $7. People pay crazy prices for this DLC on ebay.
Seriously, like why would you buy some DLC or download code on Ebay, chances are it's gonna be available later. I guess it's just the early access tax lol.

I used to feel cheated when the DLC would come out for everybody and I actually said well why should they get it, they didn't pre-order. Then my future self heard that and sucker punched me in the face. Yeah that was a stupid notion that the retailers kind of influenced into my brain.

That said, they never released the singularity gun, that was a pre-order for Mass Effect 2 for Gamestop, and I'm still a little p.o.-ed about that.

Some times the stuff stays retailer exclusive.  I can't remember if I got ME2 at GameStop or Amazon.  Chances are it was Amazon, but didn't they mess up and at one point all the DLC that was retail exclusive(other than the gun that was for overseas) leaked for a few hours one day for download?  I remember it happening for 2 or 3 and I was lucky enough to get in on it before I had to go to work.  

Yeah, I missed out on that. :lol: Ended up assembling all of the retailer-specific preorder DLC from eBay, and then of course they started selling some of it on the marketplace for a lot less than I had paid. Not all of it though. And the Gamestop preorder bonus for ME3 never showed up on the marketplace, and that stuff was awesome.

I forgot as to what it was that came with it for there so I looked it up.  I don't know about the armor, but the guns made it to the multiplayer and I think later on to the single player.  I really do wish they would stop with this retailer exclusive stuff as it seems like GameStop has what I want however I tend to have gift cards for Amazon and I would rather save 5 bucks or more than get the pre order bonus.  Thanks to the 25 dollar gift card from work, all the points from Bing and Swagbucks and my thank you points from Citi I was able to get this game and the new south park game for free.  That to me is better than the preorder bonuses however they would have been nice.

I've been known to pick up multiple copies of the same game in order to snag all the preorder bonuses from different retailers... Not very cheapass of me but what are you gonna do. I love dat DLC.  :whistle2:

I've been known to pick up multiple copies of the same game in order to snag all the preorder bonuses from different retailers... Not very cheapass of me but what are you gonna do. I love dat DLC. :whistle2:
Lol yeah we're cheap asses with most things and not so with others haha.

Did you hear that after Sony announced Playstation Now that Gamestop's stock went down? Yeah I usually get my pre-order bonuses from Amazon, I believe I got the like Iron Man suit when I pre-ordered from Amazon.

...all first edition copies of Fable Anniversary will include the following additional bonus content which you won’t want to miss!

Outfits_and_Weapons_499x355.jpg

Contained within each limited-run box you’ll find a 5x5 code for the Launch Day Outfits & Weapons Packwhich will all be packaged up in a shiny, slip-on embossed case. Ooooo! We thought to ourselves; what famous Fable characters would our fans like to dress up as on day one? The answer was simple… for the first time ever, your Hero can now dress up as Scythe!

The full pack contains:

• Scythe’s Outfit
  • Black Graduate Outfit
  • Red Prophet Outfit
  • Blue Guard Outfit
  • Red Guard Outfit
  • Lute Weapon
  • Will User’s Sceptre Weapon
And if that’s not enough, we’ve also included a very special Avatar item for all our loyal Lionhead fans which we hope you’ll wear with pride!

Lionhead_Avatar_01_498x280.jpg

10th Anniversary Lion’s - Head Avatar Helmet
More bonuses

That's pretty much it.  A slipcase and codes for the bonuses.  Like I mentioned in a post when these were announced, I'd much rather have an expensive true limited edition with all kinds of physical whatzits that I have no room for.  But still, you'll see me rocking 'dat lionhead and my chicken chaser shirt from Journey on 2/4 for sho!

i guess i am probably going to hold off from buying day one, as first run copies rarely becomes hard to find, except some games.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, dudes can wear Lady Grey's dress. This IS Fable and there is a cheevo for cross dressing with a beard titled "I did this for an achievement". Gotta love Lionhead!

No, dudes can wear Lady Grey's dress. This IS Fable and there is a cheevo for cross dressing with a beard titled "I did this for an achievement". Gotta love Lionhead!
Very cool. Avatar clothes should be a free-for-all as far as I'm concerned, like in Saints Row. :D Just surprised to see it because Microsoft usually seems pretty strict about keeping the boy and girl clothes separate.

Game looks very good, not sure if i'l pick it up though probably wait a while
In all likelihood the game will be on sale or have a permanent price drop within 6 months of its release. That seems to be the trend especially with these "HD remake" kind of games anyway. If nothing else you can usually count on Amazon to have a one-day deal within weeks after its release where you can probably get it for $30.

Yeah, in these waning days of gen 7 the price drops on last-gen games are going to come fast, hot, and heavy.

I preordered back when the price was $29.99 (sucks that it got raised), and moreover I had a 20% off coupon, so I'm in at $23.99 on day one.

Peirates Pre-Order Pack is GameStop. So... who has the Snowspire pack? I haven't found it on any known retailer site so far(Walmart, Best Buy).

It looks like, in the U.S. at least, Amazon pre-orders will get the Apollo pack. There's no info on the Gamestop or Best Buy websites yet.
From a random user at trueachievements.com so take it with a grain of salt. I'm guessing Gamestop will get the Pirates one.

Also via trueachievements news there'll be a digital Fable bundle, no word on if DLC is included.

025469.jpg

Depending on how much that trilogy pack costs, that's a hell of a lot of great gaming in one package.  IMO, it's almost criminal that they didn't include Journey, but whatever.  I realize not everybody has a Kinect. 

This will be the first game I've played in awhile, can't wait. I'm kinda looking forward to that "squad-based" Fable they're doing too, it looks fun. Now if only they would listen to fans and make Fable: The Old Kingdom and I'd be content with this series. So much potential there...lots of unexplored concepts to imagine and play through.

Trailer!

http://youtu.be/EnOKkQSNjW8

Ehh I did notice they left out the fact that a lot of critics were burned by what Molyneux told them and Fable 1 initially disappointed so many. I'm eager to see if all the criticism, aside from the changes I do know they tweaked, is met with Anniversary.

Is there any reason to buy this for Xbox 360 instead of just downloading it for PC?  I'm not a PC gamer but on occasion I play PC games.

I googled Fable 4 and came up with some news stories about "Fable Legends" which sounds like an MMO. 

Fable Legends is not the direction I want Fable to go but Molyneux isn't with the studio any more so I'm not surprised they're splitting off and trying something different with new management. I don't like that "games as a service" line though and Anniversary might just be that farewell from Albion everybody's looking for.

Behind the Scenes at Lionhead Studios:

http://youtu.be/is433RnImAc

I'm in "wait and see" mode on Fable Legends, but I'm hopeful.  Any reason to return to Albion is a good one.  I know enough big fans of this franchise that I could see playing an MP Fable game with and having a good time, so I'm not terribly worried. 

bread's done
Back