Fable Anniversary - Out Feb. 4, 1st run copies w/ bonuses

Fable Legends is not the direction I want Fable to go but Molyneux isn't with the studio any more so I'm not surprised they're splitting off and trying something different with new management. I don't like that "games as a service" line though and Anniversary might just be that farewell from Albion everybody's looking for.

Behind the Scenes at Lionhead Studios:

http://youtu.be/is433RnImAc
I hadn't seen this before, thanks. It may not be an MMO but it definitely sounds like they're going to charge a monthly fee. The people running these studios are delusional. Do companies like Bethesda and Lionshead really think their monthly fee games will be huge successes? Star Wars is bigger than both of their franchises and they had to go free to play. Fable is one of the few franchises that I would have considered getting an Xbox One for and now that's gone with "Fable Legends". The other two are Gears of War and Alan Wake. Both of which are rumored to be moving to multiplat.

I'm in "wait and see" mode on Fable Legends, but I'm hopeful. Any reason to return to Albion is a good one. I know enough big fans of this franchise that I could see playing an MP Fable game with and having a good time, so I'm not terribly worried.
You could play multiplayer in Fable 3. I know, I did it with my niece and helped her get through the game.

I didn't know they might charge a monthly fee with Legends. If they intend to they are utterly stupid fot trying so. Jesus, this is essentially a lowscale RPG and they are going to try charging people a month for it? When are developers going to learn, unless your game is called World of Warcraft or RuneScape you aren't going to get away with monthly fees? This is a console game at that (not saying that in a bad way) so there's no logical way this would be beneficial to them.

I didn't know they might charge a monthly fee with Legends. If they intend to they are utterly stupid fot trying so. Jesus, this is essentially a lowscale RPG and they are going to try charging people a month for it? When are developers going to learn, unless your game is called World of Warcraft or RuneScape you aren't going to get away with monthly fees? This is a console game at that (not saying that in a bad way) so there's no logical way this would be beneficial to them.
Yeah I mean I can only see Elder Scrolls pulling off the pay monthly route. Legends, sorry I don't think they have enough content to merit that.

Yeah I mean I can only see Elder Scrolls pulling off the pay monthly route.
Every impression I've read of the Elder Scrolls Online betas is that the game is terrible. It'll get some initial subscriptions based on the name but if it really is as bad as people say, players will leave in droves and it'll be forced to go free-to-play Star Wars style before long. Meanwhile, Warcraft and A Realm Reborn will keep on chugging along.

Nice. Fable is like Mass Effect for me.  Insta-purchase on pretty much all the DLC.  So, nothing for me to buy for F2 or F3, but nice for those who still need it.  The extra content in F2 is particularly good. 

As for the extra weapon and armor packs for F:A, the armor one looks okay.  Not sure on the rest.  I like that they are supporting the game with content, though.  It's looking pretty darn good.  Can't wait. 

As someone who's never played Fable 1... are those armor packs likely to be purely cosmetic, or would they have different stat boosts or anything else interesting going on?

Didn't my amazon preorder code email yet. Actually, we didn't get a shipping confirmation either, but it shows on en route.

I'm going to dig into this when the weekend comes. I'm gonna try to polish off Max Curse of Brotherhood (good game, btw) and The Wold Among Us episode 2 this week. Then, it's back to my beloved Albion.

Update: got my dlc code and shipping confirmation....all is right with the world.

Also, not sure if all the fable content will be on sale like they mentioned, but the Fable 2 DLC is free on Xbox.com right now. Both See the Future and Knothole Island are up for free, not sure if this is a promo thing or if they have been. Either way, I enjoyed both and free is a damn good price! :)

update----sorry for the links, the content wasn't free. I forgot about the co-op packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably grab it either way. I've got a record of buying the CE guides and games for the lady. I just can't actually find the physical guide anywhere in my area. May just overnight it from Amazon.

The guide is nice and the sword looks to be pretty slick, too. High quality production, thorough walk through and a bunch of art and behind the scenes stuff. They did a good job detailing the achievements too. Well worth it to hunt down or order a copy.

That's awesome to hear. Friend of mine let me use his Amazon Prime account, so our copy should be here tomorrow. I'm stoked to check out the behind the scenes stuff. Thanks for the breakdown, man!

Wow, I'm really impressed with the visual tweak Lionhead did for this game. Saw screens but watched footage of the first 15 minutes and they did a great job revitalizing Albion.

Anyone want to trade a pirate costume code for the Apollo costume code? I never use ranged weapons in this game so I'd rather have the pirate to go with my fighting style lol.

Wow, I'm really impressed with the visual tweak Lionhead did for this game. Saw screens but watched footage of the first 15 minutes and they did a great job revitalizing Albion.
Yeah, it's actually pretty awesome to watch. They handled the visuals well. Especially the lighting, I think.

I decided to sell the amazon preorder DLC Apollo outfit and weapon because A)  I didn't think it looked all that cool and B) if I regret it I can buy it when they release it on XBL.  I ended up getting $51 for the code.  How nuts is that?  It paid for the game and 1/2 of the strat guide.  I wonder how much I could have gotten for the strat guide sword???  Eh, that one I used for myself because it looks cool and has some good stat boosts. 

Wow. Why in God's name wouldn't someone just preorder in the first place. Even preordering from multiple places to get everything would still be cheaper than paying that much for the code outright.

I'm somewhat interested in this game because I liked 2 and 3.  I tried the original once before by buying the original Xbox disc and running it on my Xbox 360 but after 2 crashes in an hour I got rid of it.  Now I'm reading online reports of this ported version crashing a lot.  Is anyone having these problems?

Two freezes in three nights of playing at my house. Would have been more annoying in the initial release, but they heavily ramped up the amount of autosaves in Anniversary. Losses have been trivial thus far, and honestly, I've seen games from the gen crash way more. Hell, I've seen games from NEXT gen crash more.

I decided to sell the amazon preorder DLC Apollo outfit and weapon because A) I didn't think it looked all that cool and B) if I regret it I can buy it when they release it on XBL. I ended up getting $51 for the code. How nuts is that? It paid for the game and 1/2 of the strat guide. I wonder how much I could have gotten for the strat guide sword??? Eh, that one I used for myself because it looks cool and has some good stat boosts.
I only preorder games with in-game codes. I then sell off the codes for the same type of insane profit. I sold off my ACIV preorder codes for enough to pay for my copy of the game and the season's pass. Then they offer the preorder bonuses as part of the season's pass? Even sweeter.

Did they give this game a limited run? I went to pick it up at Walmart today and they didn't have it. I checked the store locator, and no Walmart within 50 miles showed it as in stock. My nearest Gamestop doesn't have it, and almost all of the other stores on the locator show it as "Low Stock" which means they only have one copy, which is likely gutted. Amazon is showing it as taking a couple extra days to process.

I just started this tonight. I missed out on the original Xbox generation but 2 and 3 were some of my favorite 360 games. The SmartGlass feature is surprisingly useful, although the tiny HUDs, text, and maps seen in a bunch of new games aren't kind on my eyes.

I don't think it's been on sale yet.  There was no advertising and XBLDB didn't pick it up.  Maybe next week.  Seems odd it wasn't this week since this week was rather light on the sales/deals. 

As mentioned above, we'll be kicking February off in style by offering all of Fable Anniversary's additional content at half price on the Xbox Games Store for launch week, meaning you'll be able to pick each pack up for just $2.49 from 4th February!​
But that's not all! To make this a February to remember there are more Fable discounts on the Xbox Games Store throughout the month.​

Straight after launch week (starting on the 11th February) we’ll be offering Fable II and all of its DLC at half price, and the following week (starting 18th February) Fable III will also be on offer with a hefty 50% discount!
http://www.lionhead.com/blog/2014/january/28/fable-february/

Dude, Fable the Journey was great. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I loved it. For the "core" gamer demographic, I felt like it was the best kinect experience I had. Then again, I love any reason to play in Albion. ;)

I can see where some would say its repetitive, but they varied the locales and kept the game moving along at a good pace. It didn't wear out its welcome with me. The story is good and, to me, essential if you are into the lore and overall story of the Fable games.

I loved this game. I just finished up the final final battle at the end of TLC. I actually missed the Xbox generation so this was my first time through after enjoying Fables 2 and 3. It's easy to get sucked in and just do one more quest. Achievements are very doable as well as I didn't hunt too many yet ended up with close to 800.

Tip to make the end boss a piece of cake? Max out slow time and berserk with the solus greatsword. Well, one short of max on berserk if you are a good character. I literally took him out in 5 minutes without using more than a few health potions.

The graphics are better, for sure.  But it's the "chug" of game and the overall jerkiness of the controls and camera that make it seem dated and bring the two iterations closer together.  It's in the little things that make F:A pop visually. 

bread's done
Back