Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

I finished Knothole Island last night 100/100 GS. It was a little short, but very enjoyable.

It also got me back into the game and I ended up finding the remaining silver keys and almost all the remaining gargoyles.

Fable II remains one of my favorite games of last year, I hope they have some more DLC soon.

I would hope the next batch of DLC has more than 2 side-quests (Trade Shop and Book Finding) and a Main Quest. And the only reason it takes 3-4 hours to do overall is because the Trade Shop part takes FOREVER to find 3-4 items.

anyone willing to help me with the Hoarder achievement? I have the Gargoyles but I messed up and can't acquire all the keys now. Shoot me a message: GT: Wolve11

Hey guys I'm going to be on tonight and was wondering if anyone would be interested in Co-oping with me to help me get some of these achievements that I have left.

Here is a list of the achievements that I need:
The Romantic
The Hunter (yes I don't know where the hell there are any bunnies)
The Gargoyle
The Teaser
The Property Magnate (Is there a good property to sell for this one?)
The Executioner
The Gambler
The Black Knight
The Duelist
The Sharpshooter
The Hoarder
The Goth
The Completionist
The Dollcatcher

Yes I know there are a lot but help with any of them would be awesome.

I have a question, In my email i have the Fable 2 Limited edition token from microsoft as my box didn't come with one, I still haven't used it. My question is can this token only be used on my xbox gamertag?

I can't get the 3rd mission in Knothole island to activate...just finished the rain, then tried doing the last mission there and it wouldn't activate...so I walked around for about 2 hours doing other stuff...mainly searching for stuff to trade at that one store and I kept coming back every few minutes and the damn 3rd mission won't activate :bomb:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I can't get the 3rd mission in Knothole island to activate...just finished the rain, then tried doing the last mission there and it wouldn't activate...so I walked around for about 2 hours doing other stuff...mainly searching for stuff to trade at that one store and I kept coming back every few minutes and the damn 3rd mission won't activate :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Did you leave Knothole Island and go to another region? Or were you just walking around Knothole Island doing stuff?

Also make sure to talk to the guy in the house at Knothole Island.

I left Knothole island numerous times and came back...the guy is not at the house so I can't talk to him...I also don't have the gold trail that leads me to him, and my primary quest is Knothole ATM...maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I left Knothole island numerous times and came back...the guy is not at the house so I can't talk to him...I also don't have the gold trail that leads me to him, and my primary quest is Knothole ATM...maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Try switching your active quest and see if that works. Good luck.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I know you can switch to primary quest but how do you switch your active quest?[/QUOTE]

I guess they are the same thing, primary quest is what I meant. Just look at all the quests and select a different one then change it back and see if that works. I'm sure you've probably already tried that though.

That sucks man, hopefully you have some other things to do in the game and maybe you can just come back and eventually it will work. That's BS though.

I'm hoping...I'm pretty much in the beginning still...so I have a lot left to do. I guess I could always try to delete the DLC and re-add it as a last resort.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I can't get the 3rd mission in Knothole island to activate...just finished the rain, then tried doing the last mission there and it wouldn't activate...so I walked around for about 2 hours doing other stuff...mainly searching for stuff to trade at that one store and I kept coming back every few minutes and the damn 3rd mission won't activate :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Have you tried standing still for a few moments. I know sometimes the gold trail wouldn't show up until I stopped moving.

[quote name='FrankySox']Hey guys I'm going to be on tonight and was wondering if anyone would be interested in Co-oping with me to help me get some of these achievements that I have left.

Here is a list of the achievements that I need:
The Romantic
The Hunter (yes I don't know where the hell there are any bunnies)
The Gargoyle
The Teaser
The Property Magnate (Is there a good property to sell for this one?)
The Executioner
The Gambler
The Black Knight
The Duelist
The Sharpshooter
The Hoarder
The Goth
The Completionist
The Dollcatcher

Yes I know there are a lot but help with any of them would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

The Property Magnate - if you buy the house in Bowerstone Old Town called The Goodwill house (or something like that) it is easy to add some new furniture and resale for the achievement.

T

[quote name='munch']Have you tried standing still for a few moments. I know sometimes the gold trail wouldn't show up until I stopped moving.[/quote]

Yup...that didnt' work. I'm tempted to start the game over :whistle2:(

Looking for dolls for the achievement, I have the hero doll and I might be getting the lucien doll, if you have any others to spare let me know. I'll trade or help where I can in exchange.

how does the achievement work? Do we need to have all the dolls or do we just need to have had them at one time?
I got Garth

As soon as you have them in your possession you get the achievement. So ideally, we could pass a whole set around to help each other.

I only have a Hero Doll.

Is there a secure way to get a hold of the Fable II CE DLC? I know Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, made it available to everyone before the end of 2008, but I'm holding off on buying an unopened CE of the game because of the missing DLC card issue. Or am I SOL?

From what I remember it's just the Master Chief outfit and sword...not worth it, you'll end up changing outfits like you change your underwear. Just pick up the game now and enjoy it...it's awesome.

Is that all the CE content is?

Big thanks to BigMac for hooking me up with a random free weapon (Master Flintlock Rifle) and 75K in gold. Definitely gives me a leg up starting out in the game.

Started playing this the other night, and I'm loving it so far. I've only done a few of the early quests (I'm traversing Wellspring now with the abbott's daughter), but I like what I've played. I've already got a wife (Alex) and with the money Mac gave me, will be buying a better house than the gypsy camp soon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Now that you mention it there may have been an additional dungeon...not sure what it's called though or what kind of stuff you can find in it.[/quote]You're right, I forgot about it even though I've been walking around with my Master Chief gear often. Does anybody know where I can find the dungeon? I'm interested in checking it out.

[quote name='sj41']You're right, I forgot about it even though I've been walking around with my Master Chief gear often. Does anybody know where I can find the dungeon? I'm interested in checking it out.[/quote]

Go to Bloodstone. Then proceed to the docks and walk all the way out to the very end of the pier. There should be a rippling circle in the water in front of the pier, where you can dive underwater and enter the dungeon.

I am not sure what is in it though because I never bothered to enter it haha.

[quote name='Razzuel']Go to Bloodstone. Then proceed to the docks and walk all the way out to the very end of the pier. There should be a rippling circle in the water in front of the pier, where you can dive underwater and enter the dungeon.

I am not sure what is in it though because I never bothered to enter it haha.[/quote]

I think you get a weapon called The Wreckager in there, but I haven't been down there yet.... completely forgot about it.

I'm having so much fun with this game. My only disappointment is that it feels really short - I checked out the Fable wiki and found I've already done about half of the quests.

My character has already had three wives, and they've all met "unfortunate" demises. The first was Alex, though she just happened to be attacked by bandits while I was leading her into the woods. The second was a housewife in Oaksomething, and though she was nice and gave me gifts, I led her to her favorite place near the windmill and force pushed her off of a cliff. The third was a random wench in Bowerstone who fell victim to the augment of my sword, and upon having my baby, encountered several unpleasant zombies that may have been conjured by yours truly.

I used the sun key to enter the tomb and found some statues. The first one was the "chicken" stance, so I used that gesture and it broke.

OK, the second one seems to require the "point and laugh" gesture. EVERY time I use it, the statue knocks me back. I've tried sustaining it, and getting it in the green area, but I'm still pushed back.

Any one else having/had this problem, or am I obviously doing something wrong?

[quote name='grundy']I used the sun key to enter the tomb and found some statues. The first one was the "chicken" stance, so I used that gesture and it broke.

OK, the second one seems to require the "point and laugh" gesture. EVERY time I use it, the statue knocks me back. I've tried sustaining it, and getting it in the green area, but I'm still pushed back.

Any one else having/had this problem, or am I obviously doing something wrong?[/quote]

Should be just laughing expression and not point and laugh. It's under the fun section I think. Or social. Pretty sure it's the fun section. The only reason an expression statue will knock you back is if you're using the wrong expression.

[quote name='grundy']I used the sun key to enter the tomb and found some statues. The first one was the "chicken" stance, so I used that gesture and it broke.

Any one else having/had this problem, or am I obviously doing something wrong?[/quote]

I think I did the same thing, but it ended up wanting just the regular laugh.

I got this for Christmas, but just started playing it a few days ago. Having a great time so far. Just a few quick questions.

When it comes to leveling up skills, I'm mostly a melee guy but would like a nice backup when it comes to spells. Should I go for all the level 1 Will skills or should I just focus on maxing out just one or two? Will I get enough XP over the course of the game to max this stuff out?

Also, I'm currently 3 star woodchopping and 4 star Blacksmithing and I'm at the point of the game where I got the first hero (Oakvale). I haven't seen Bartending show up yet. Does anyone know at what point it is available? My 3 wives are starting to get expensive.

Just curious what is the play through time on this if you stick pretty much to advancing the story? Also how much time does the knothole expansion add.

[quote name='jalu6']I got this for Christmas, but just started playing it a few days ago. Having a great time so far. Just a few quick questions.

When it comes to leveling up skills, I'm mostly a melee guy but would like a nice backup when it comes to spells. Should I go for all the level 1 Will skills or should I just focus on maxing out just one or two? Will I get enough XP over the course of the game to max this stuff out?

Also, I'm currently 3 star woodchopping and 4 star Blacksmithing and I'm at the point of the game where I got the first hero (Oakvale). I haven't seen Bartending show up yet. Does anyone know at what point it is available? My 3 wives are starting to get expensive.[/QUOTE]

Focus on one or two spells. Enemies get a lot stronger than your level 1 spells. But after awhile, I just stick to regular melee for close combat and sniping when they're approaching me. I didn't level up past 2nd or 3rd level of spells.

[quote name='jlarlee']Just curious what is the play through time on this if you stick pretty much to advancing the story? Also how much time does the knothole expansion add.[/quote]

the expansion adds about 2 hours. There are 3 quests.

[quote name='jalu6']I got this for Christmas, but just started playing it a few days ago. Having a great time so far. Just a few quick questions.

Also, I'm currently 3 star woodchopping and 4 star Blacksmithing and I'm at the point of the game where I got the first hero (Oakvale). I haven't seen Bartending show up yet. Does anyone know at what point it is available? My 3 wives are starting to get expensive.[/QUOTE]
when it came to will, i focused on elect and fire.

and honestly, you can get more done if you focus on your firing skills (i rock the long bow/arrow and when i learned how to do head shots....it was over!!!!!!!)

Bartending should show up after "The Bargain" quest (I think it's one or two after you meet Hannah".

As far as spells go, I started on building up Inferno and Force Push. I got an excellent rifle from a CAG, and find myself using Force Push to keep them at bay while firing shots off with the rifle.

Does anyone know how to find a spouse who has disappeared when I returned from "The Spire" mission? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='LJWhite23']Does anyone know how to find a spouse who has disappeared when I returned from "The Spire" mission? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

Have you tried checking your family?

Press start > Quests/Maps > Family, you should be able to see a list of your family members. If you click on their name you can set them as your target.

Has anyone else had a 5 star economy suddenly plummet to 1 star for seemingly no reason? I own almost everything in the Bowerstone Market and it is still a 1 star economy. I buy stuff from time to time, I've lowered the cost of rent on some houses and still only 1 star.

[quote name='strongpimphand']when it came to will, i focused on elect and fire.

and honestly, you can get more done if you focus on your firing skills (i rock the long bow/arrow and when i learned how to do head shots....it was over!!!!!!!)[/quote]

You definitely don't need headshots when you get the Enforcer - one shot kill on those annoying ninja types. Its a legendary weapon you have to find though.

[quote name='ZForce915']Has anyone else had a 5 star economy suddenly plummet to 1 star for seemingly no reason? I own almost everything in the Bowerstone Market and it is still a 1 star economy. I buy stuff from time to time, I've lowered the cost of rent on some houses and still only 1 star.[/quote]I'm not sure, but I don't think I quite understand the economy. Anybody have a link to an explanation of it? If you have all the prices and rent at 100%, will that make the economy go down?

I've got a temple of shadows question for those that have completed it:

I've got about 2500 points from sacrificing, so now I need to make a super evil sacrifice. I tried a monk at 12:50 am, and had no luck. What did everybody else do? I already sacrificed my spouse, but I can remarry and use them if that's what it takes.

bread's done
Back