Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

Not sure if many people will care, but I found something cool. Remember the ill-fated Fable 2 Collectors Edition with the cigar box, Hobbe figure and fate cards? That stuff was made and is available on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FABLE-2-XBOX-36...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53ddc6eeef

I picked up a set from a different seller for $14 shipped. But, $20 shipped isn't bad if your a big Fable fan and have a thing for CE's.

Overall, it's a cool knick-knack. Can't say I'd pay much more than $20 for it. It's just cool to have this when it was supposed to be cancelled and unavailable.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Not sure if many people will care, but I found something cool. Remember the ill-fated Fable 2 Collectors Edition with the cigar box, Hobbe figure and fate cards? That stuff was made and is available on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FABLE-2-XBOX-36...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53ddc6eeef

I picked up a set from a different seller for $14 shipped. But, $20 shipped isn't bad if your a big Fable fan and have a thing for CE's.

Overall, it's a cool knick-knack. Can't say I'd pay much more than $20 for it. It's just cool to have this when it was supposed to be cancelled and unavailable.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I'm curious to know what the whole story behind this is.

Weird. I snagged a set, even though I'm almost certain that more of these are going to be showing up. Honestly, if sellers knew there was a truly limited supply, they wouldn't be $20.

I guess the question now is how many of these were actually produced before they were pulled from the CE?

Still, awesome to actually get them, even though I technically 'paid' for them a year ago.

I've been watching these sets for a while. Back a couple months ago, these were going for $80 and up. I was lucky to get mine for so cheap....it was a fluke really because the seller had an auction title that didn't really reflect what he was selling. $20 really isn't bad, all things considered. I doubt these will become common on ebay.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:whistle2:k I really really want one.

--------------------

Also reminder, See The Future DLC is 400pts this week only![/QUOTE]

You see that doesn't seem like such a deal to me.

Hmm Xplay recommended it in their Holiday Guide. I really don't care to change the sex of my dog but it would be interesting to see where the story unfolds.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I was thinking about picking it up for 400 points. When does the deal end monday?[/QUOTE]

Sunday night.

-------

For those of you who played co-op. How does this work with the DLC? For example, I have DLC and I'll be playing through the story in co-op with someone, if they download the free DLC content, what's different for them when we play together?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hmm Xplay recommended it in their Holiday Guide. I really don't care to change the sex of my dog but it would be interesting to see where the story unfolds.[/QUOTE]
I don't remember changing the sex of my dog... just the breed.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't remember changing the sex of my dog... just the breed.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's probably what they meant. I just spent a bunch of money on sales this week that I don't think I'm picking up any dlc lately, still eying the Borderlands dlc though.

Thread's dead, but I'll see what happens.

Anyway, just picked up the PH, and I love it. Great game. I read somewhere that some of the achievements involved trading stuff with other players and something about getting achievements playing the Pub games online. Could someone fill me in? Basically, I just want to know what achievements I can't simply get by playing the game on my own. I know there are some co-op ones that are clearly marked as such, but I read others will also involve a little more than me playing the game. Thanks for any info.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thread's dead, but I'll see what happens.

Anyway, just picked up the PH, and I love it. Great game. I read somewhere that some of the achievements involved trading stuff with other players and something about getting achievements playing the Pub games online. Could someone fill me in? Basically, I just want to know what achievements I can't simply get by playing the game on my own. I know there are some co-op ones that are clearly marked as such, but I read others will also involve a little more than me playing the game. Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Make sure player orbs are turned on in the options and interact with a random person you find and gift them anything. The co-op achievements are easier to do on your own as long as you have 2 controllers.

There's a XBLA version of the pub games with the standared 200 GS. I'm sure that's what they were talking about. It's a single player game. It was a pre-order bonus but can still be purchased for 800 ms points. The money and prizes you win from it can be imported to your Fable 2 character.

Thanks for the quick answer. Here is what I was talking about as far as the Pub games go. I was using the guide on 360achievements.org, and this is what it says under the "The Completionist" achievement:

NOTE: THIS ACHIEVEMENT REQUIRES THE FABLE 2 PUB GAMES REWARDS. IF YOU HAVEN'T PURCHASED THE GAME, WATCH A FRIEND GET THE ACHIEVEMENT OR FIND SOMEONE WITH ALL THE EXPRESSIONS & ABILITIES AND GET THEM TO SELL BACK AND REBUY AN ABILITY WITH YOU IN THEIR GAME.

EDIT: I do see on GameFAQs that these things became available with "See the Future." Thanks again, though, for the response.

Been playing this game the first time for the last week or so. I was quite shocked to find out my in-game husband divorced me. I decided to marry an Aristocrat, and he wanted a really high allowance and was constantly bummed about the state of our home. I went back to the region one day, and he just abruptly announced our divorce and stalked off. I couldn't engage him in any discussion or expressions. As soon as he passed beyond the area, a game notification informed he had divorced me, and then another notification popped up saying my husband had died and that my child was placed in protective custody.

I was shocked. I was emotionally bothered by this game mechanic, and therefore, decided to make light of the marriages for the remainder of my playing. I decided to marry a Gypsy Tatooist (it was close between him and the Bowerstone Beggar), and then I got us a two star house in Bowerstone Market. He seems happy with only a $15 per day allowance. Guess that's the difference between Aristocrats and Gypsies.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Been playing this game the first time for the last week or so. I was quite shocked to find out my in-game husband divorced me. I decided to marry an Aristocrat, and he wanted a really high allowance and was constantly bummed about the state of our home. I went back to the region one day, and he just abruptly announced our divorce and stalked off. I couldn't engage him in any discussion or expressions. As soon as he passed beyond the area, a game notification informed he had divorced me, and then another notification popped up saying my husband had died and that my child was placed in protective custody.

I was shocked. I was emotionally bothered by this game mechanic, and therefore, decided to make light of the marriages for the remainder of my playing. I decided to marry a Gypsy Tatooist (it was close between him and the Bowerstone Beggar), and then I got us a two star house in Bowerstone Market. He seems happy with only a $15 per day allowance. Guess that's the difference between Aristocrats and Gypsies.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious right now? I was glad when my wife divorced me so that I didn't have to put up with their constant crying. I can't be held down by a family that needs my presence every couple missions.

By the way I beat the game a second time a while back and it took probably 1/4 of the time I spent on the first playthrough. No way it took me more than 10 hours, I'm thinking it was more like 7. I just used magic like crazy the whole time--same spell.

[quote name='freshzen']Are you serious right now? I was glad when my wife divorced me so that I didn't have to put up with their constant crying. I can't be held down by a family that needs my presence every couple missions.

By the way I beat the game a second time a while back and it took probably 1/4 of the time I spent on the first playthrough. No way it took me more than 10 hours, I'm thinking it was more like 7. I just used magic like crazy the whole time--same spell.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised by the realism of the divorce and the separation from my in-game child. For a game with so much comedy, sometimes the serious bits don't seem to fit in quite as well.

In regards to a second playthrough, I would imagine it would take far less time, as you're more familiar with the game world. I'm new to the big world of 360 games, being typically a DS gamer, so I spent a lot of time getting lost my first few days playing Fable II.

Last night I actually created a second character, and I intend to go along the corrupt path to see how it changes things.

The wife never divorced me, because I just gave the highest allowance. No need to do anything less, because I am richer then Bill Gates anyway. Though, the kid seemed to have a problem with not liking anyone, especially the co-op partner.

BTW, I still think its weird that the main guy can sleep/"baby-make" and the co-op guy is what, just sleeping on the floor/watching!?

I can't remember the orbs of other players are they just ones on your friends list or is it everyone on live that is playing that game?

IIRC, you can set the settings - see no orbs, see orbs only of your Friends, or see all orbs.
I should pop this in again, see how much money I've earned since last play.
I let my spouses leave me, I got tired of giving them allowance.

Probably a long shot, but I'm going to be trading in this game soon,and I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me with some achievements before I do.

I need the Dollcatcher, the Collector, the Party Animal, the Duelist, and a few others that only require me to see someone do an action (or trade with someone). If anyone is willing to help me, please shoot me a message on here or XBL.

Not sure if anyone is still playing Fable II but I would trade the chicken suit in exchange for Murgo's dye achievement (See the Future dlc).

FYI it appears the fable2.com site doesn't work when you get to the end of the little "experience" you can't actually claim your prize (so you can only get the chicken suit from people who already have it).

Anyone have Fable 3? I'm looking to boost achievements online. I need to get all the weapons, costumes, and still need to have a baby with a xbox live member.

bread's done
Back