Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='Redrazorback']You have to score exactly 1985 points in the colosseum. (The numbers on the first 2 bears were 19 and 85.) It doesn't matter if you finish with more points or not, just so long as you hit exactly 1985 at some point during the battle.[/QUOTE]

yeah I've played about 10 rounds the closest i got was 1995 points :bomb: . I'm not really sure how much each enemy is worth.

Alright, so I think something happen to my game.
I took a break on fable 2 and decided to come back to it today. I only have 1 quest available now. The Knothole Island + See the Future (free) DLC stuff is missing. (The Merchant isn't there + The Submarine). When I loaded my game up, it told me new quest available : The Traveling Merchant or whatever but I can't get to it now. I was able to get to the submarine before I took a break but not now.

I know I have more quests to complete besides the final (The Weapon) quest. I tried redownloading the DLC and clearing my cashe and it still won't show. I guess tonight, I'll finish the game and see if it shows then, although that wouldn't make much sense.. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It seems like only the active quest were kept (The archeologist and The Weapon). I lost The Sculptor, Donate to the Temple of Light, The Crucible, and Knothole (not that I had it but it should have been kept, it did previously). The people who give the quest are also gone. I'm really confused and I looked everywhere online and I can't find anyone who also has the same problem and fixed it..

I never bought either of them, just the 'free' trial ones but the characters that give you the quest are not in Bowerstone. I also found out that the ladder in Brightwood tower will not appear and I own the tower. Never had any problems with this game until today..

I'm guessing that's the reason then. You got the free stuff from them (I assume) so they went away after that and won't come back until you pay for them.

It's just a hunch.

Wow where the hell was this thread lol. Anyway I got back into this game again and after the patch I was able to be called Master Chief and that guild cave chest was not opened yet, (it had already been opened before when I entered in the code afterwards so I couldn't get my stuff). Well I got my Halo armor, weapon and such but they suck now since I have badass weapons lol. Still finally nice to get what I paid for with the LCE!

Started playing this for the first time recently. Feel a bit dirty since I bought the DLC which I normally hate doing, but I was too tempted with Knothole being 33% off and then buying MS points 40% via Ebay.

Been having fun with the game though. The only real complaint I have is I wish it had difficulty settings so I could make the combat a bit harder. I realize the game is entirely built just to have fun in, but I'd enjoy it a bit more if I didn't steamroll everything as much. Avoiding doing standard jobs and most real estate at least has kept gold a semi-enjoyable thing to find, though after finishing the Crucible and hitting a particular silver key chest, I'm pushing 35k now.

One question though, can you have multiple games going? I see there's a "New game" option in the menu, but I only remember seeing a "Continue" button, no generic load button. If I click new game, will it wipe my current hero, or can I finish with him and then start a new game after and have them both?

Haven't bought either of the DLC packs, but want something new to play and I really like Fable 2, so I'm grabbing one of them. Knothole Island is on sale for 560 points and See the Future is it's normal price of 560 points. Which one did everybody enjoy more?

You can have more than 1 game. After you create your second game, you choose which profile to load using the continue option.

Fable II is the highly anticipated sequel to the wildly successful
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

For the DLC, I think See the Future is much better than Knothole Island. Knothole island has the orbs that you have to (melee, shoot, magic) in all 3 of the dungeon. I didn't think it was terrible, just repetative.

At least with See the Future you get the costumes that you can run around in if you get bored.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Any word as to whether there will be a GOTY edition of Fable II that will package in all the DLC like Oblivion GOTY? ETA?[/QUOTE]

Hrermmmm?

Just got Fable TLC in over the weekend and spent about 10 hours playing it so far, but the game glitches.. A LOT. (Also makes me realize I have no idea where/if there's a power button on the 360 itself to turn it off.. I've been unplugging it). Should I just dump the game and move on to Fable II? It's been really fun so far.

[quote name='QiG']Just got Fable TLC in over the weekend and spent about 10 hours playing it so far, but the game glitches.. A LOT. (Also makes me realize I have no idea where/if there's a power button on the 360 itself to turn it off.. I've been unplugging it). Should I just dump the game and move on to Fable II? It's been really fun so far.[/QUOTE]

the big circle button on the right side of the console is the power button.....and i would try to finish TLC first, i really enjoyed the first fable

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']the big circle button on the right side of the console is the power button.....and i would try to finish TLC first, i really enjoyed the first fable[/QUOTE]

:cold: I know how incredibly noob that is, but it wasn't doing anything when I pressed it and it's not like a click-on click-off type deal so I guess the system freezes altogether. I generally can't stand RPGs because I get whiny about grinding and/or dying and having to redo anything no matter how minimal, but I'm also a sucker for a well done arpg (ToS, LoZ, now this) so I'll grit it out and I have Fable II on the way via goozex anyway, so I can cut my losses on a 100 point game if it turns me off that much.

[quote name='wowzors']does anyone know if the fable 2 limited edition code has an expiration date? I sitll have one in my email.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the code still works. Just redeemed and downloaded mine about a month ago and it worked. I was able to get all content in-game. IIRC the email states that you had to redeem it by the end of last year, but obviously that was wrong.

Also, I do believe that they will come out with a GOTY edition. It's only a matter of time, especially since you can find this game for like $30 now.

[quote name='wowzors']does anyone know if the fable 2 limited edition code has an expiration date? I sitll have one in my email.[/QUOTE]

They work. I used one two days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where these three items are?

Puny Carrot,
Pure Experience Extract (is there more then one?!),
Regal Purple Dye.

I appreciate it :)

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Does anyone know where these three items are?

Puny Carrot,
Pure Experience Extract (is there more then one?!),
Regal Purple Dye.

I appreciate it :)[/QUOTE]

Puny carrot you should be able to get in Bloodstone, either from the vendors at the lake or the vegetable vendor all the way at the top. Regal purple dye you can get from clothing merchants at Fairfax gardens (you might have to zone in and out a bunch of times before it appears).

You can also get the extract from merchants in fairfax gardens. I got it the first time I zoned in.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Puny carrot you should be able to get in Bloodstone, either from the vendors at the lake or the vegetable vendor all the way at the top. Regal purple dye you can get from clothing merchants at Fairfax gardens (you might have to zone in and out a bunch of times before it appears).

You can also get the extract from merchants in fairfax gardens. I got it the first time I zoned in.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by 'zoned in'? Just move in and out of the 'screen' so it loads?

I appreciate the info though :)

Very cool. Thanks so much :)

Those were the last 3 items I needed for the Knothole 'hidden item' game.

I am trying to get all of the cheevos :)

If anyone has The Colourist, The Concierge or The Con Artist I can trade the The Dollcatcher.

I just can't bring myself to get those last 3 myself - there's only so much Fable I can take!

[quote name='wakawakawa']Ya, I mean you have to leave the area (go to bowerstone market), then go back to fairfax gardens.[/QUOTE]

It worked out :)

Thanks a lot.

i finally got to this game (ive had it since march?). the first hour sucks, and i got the feeling that it couldn't get any worse. now the game is finally picking up. =)

I picked up a pristine used copy of this game at a local media exchange store for $20. Well worth it. I haven't been able to put it down for 3 days. I've finished the main quest and most of the achievements. Are the DLCs worth it?

Also, all these dudes keep following me around hitting on me. It really creeps me out. Is there a way to get them to stop other than a level 5 inferno with the safety off?:hot:

[quote name='aheineken']I picked up a pristine used copy of this game at a local media exchange store for $20. Well worth it. I haven't been able to put it down for 3 days. I've finished the main quest and most of the achievements. Are the DLCs worth it?

Also, all these dudes keep following me around hitting on me. It really creeps me out. Is there a way to get them to stop other than a level 5 inferno with the safety off?:hot:[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you wern't so lovely.... I kid I kid..... or do I?

I loved both DLC expansions. Knothole Island was on sale 3 weeks ago as the deal of the week too!

OK, frustrated in the first section of the game as a kid. The game asks you to auto-target people with LT which leaves the selected NPC's name in a gray bar at the top of the screen with a constant prompt to 'Press Y' for more information. However, when I get into the warehouse to shoot beetles. I can't press Y to draw my pistol. None of the buttons cancel out of the 'target mode' and pressing Y does nothing but give me more information on the character selected.

Glitch hooray!

I need the executioner and the dollcatcher, if anyone would be so kind to help a brother CAG out. I'll trade whatever I have and/or give you $10 million gold if you want.

[quote name='NoHo']How much does installing this to the HD cut down on load times? The load times are BRUTAL.[/QUOTE]

3-6 seconds on average per load or so

Apologies if this has been asked before in this thread but I have a question regarding Knothole Island.

I am on the second (or third?) dungeon and I appear to hit a road block. There is a statue where I have to, apparently, laugh (the good laugh, not the evil 'point and laugh. As I have a, particularly evil character and do not have that expression am I not able to proceed with the expansion? That's pretty lame if that is the case.

I tried saving up some money just in case I need to donate to the temple but even the act of donating would take hours... and then I've got a character that I don't want....

Yea, I know I could slaughter people and become evil again but this just seems like such a waste of time just to play through an expansion pack that I purchased.

Is there an easier way? Am I mistaken?

[quote name='perdition(troy']i finally got to this game (ive had it since march?). the first hour sucks, and i got the feeling that it couldn't get any worse. now the game is finally picking up. =)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember feeling the same way but it definitely gets better.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Apologies if this has been asked before in this thread but I have a question regarding Knothole Island.

I am on the second (or third?) dungeon and I appear to hit a road block. There is a statue where I have to, apparently, laugh (the good laugh, not the evil 'point and laugh. As I have a, particularly evil character and do not have that expression am I not able to proceed with the expansion? That's pretty lame if that is the case.

I tried saving up some money just in case I need to donate to the temple but even the act of donating would take hours... and then I've got a character that I don't want....

Yea, I know I could slaughter people and become evil again but this just seems like such a waste of time just to play through an expansion pack that I purchased.

Is there an easier way? Am I mistaken?[/QUOTE]

I have the same EXACT problem. I was playing 'wrecklessly' so I was evil. I couldn't do that quest until I turned over a new leaf. It is really ridiculous, and ruins the point of playing how you want

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Do a few slave rescues and you'll get good in no time.[/QUOTE]

I just donated gold to the temple of light. Donate 1000 everytime for +50 positive.

I took a different approach to the game.
Mainly, i play as good, but play as a girl and later in the game i got married to a women.
Bisexual. wow.
For some reason i wasn't able to use protective measures. I don't assume that anyone tried that, or?
I really think its a great game and with this, the world is open.
I also find some of the choice you have to make good. But especially if its tied to the path, you really don't have a choice. But thats just what i assume.

Fable 2 is a good game, but i have some issues which bug me somewhat.

1) you can stuff whatever in your inventory and run around with no penalty.
I essentially ran with my furnitures around plus whatever i had additional.
2) mostly human enemies. Ok, there are some bugs and trolls but the rest is pretty much human.
3) no adoption of children. It would be nice to adopt a child if you can not have one. I have a bi couple.

Other than that, very nice game. One of my favorites.

I won't be excited for it. The last two let me down. They weren't "terrible" games, but the shit that was promised and the hype sure let me down.

bread's done
Back