Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

I just got the game about a week ago and I'm hooked on it.. I randomly give out bottles of wine and beer to orbs wandering around lol.. What's the best way to make money on the game off of real estate?

[quote name='pimpster4183']What's the best way to make money on the game off of real estate?[/quote]

May not be the BEST way, but probably the fastest.

Buy! Buy! Buy! Basically purchase every building you can afford and jack up the rent. Yes you will be a jerk - an evil jerk because this will affect your alignment and/or your purity. And some of the residents will complain about how high the rent is, so you can either evict them or kill them and rent out to another sucker...er tenant :twisted:

And when you're not playing the game, the rent will still accumulate which means in theory that if you have a house that rents for $100 a month (game time), don't play Fable II for a week, next time you play, there will be roughly $700 waiting for you. Don't hold me to that equation, but you get the idea. One time I came back to a game, there was over $100,000 in uncollected rent.

Keep in mind that you need to be connected to XBOX Live for this to happen

I ordered this on Thursday I had it on release but I sold it after finishing the main story. It will probably arrive morning (took a little while because of Easter). I'm looking forward to playing it again I still got a few side quests left, I might get Knothole island and the new DLC sounds interesting.

I wonder how much money i'm going to earn when I first turn the game on... not played it since November and I owned alot of stores.

Does anyone still play this? I picked it up used a few days ago, and am loving it. Add me if you do, I need to work through some coop achievements.

13 New Achievements Incoming

The Nutcracker (10g)
Score 25 groin shots, or see another Hero do so.

The Paramour (20g)
Make love 25 times, or see another Hero do so.

The Concierge (30g)
Open all the Demon Doors in Albion, or see another Hero do so.

The Visionary (50g)
Take a look into the future, or see another Hero do so.

The Con Artist (25g)
Find all 10 of Murgo's statuettes, or see another Hero do so.

The Howler (10g)
Scare five people while dressed as a balverine, or see another Hero do so.

The Ghastly Jester (10g)
Make five people laugh while dressed as a hobbe, or see another Hero do so.

The Repugnant (10g)
Disgust five people while dressed as a hollow man, or see another Hero do so.

The Gladiator (30g)
Score a total high score of 20,000 points or more in the Colosseum, or see another Hero do so.

The Multiplicator (20g)
Achieve a multiplier of 10 or more in the Colosseum, or see another Hero do so.

The Combatant (20g)
Defeat the necromancer in the Colosseum, or see another Hero do so.

The Fowl Player (10g)
Dress as a chicken and kick five chickens during the Colosseum battles, or see another Hero do so.

The Colourist (15g)
Collect the dyes hidden in Murgo's magical items, or see another Hero do so.

[quote name='life.exe']Is there a way to get my dog back yet? I didnt unlock any Demon Doors yet and I know some of them require the dog to open them.[/quote]

Buy Knothole Island

I just hope the new DLC doesn't have any goddamn flit switches. Man, those things pissed me off. And it seemed like incredibly lazy design too -- "What should we do here to make this part more difficult? I know, more flit switches!"

[quote name='Quillion']I wasn't ever annoyed by them, maybe I just haven't been in enough dungeons. Where did you notice this annoying preponderance?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']
Buy Knothole Island
[/QUOTE]

;)

I really need to play this, bought it day one and never played it. collector's edition sitting right there in my rack. I did open it up though to make sure everything was there.

560 pts for See the Future? That's an odd price. I'll prolly pick it up. Molyneux and his something-about-AI-secret he's hyping.

[quote name='Quillion']I wasn't ever annoyed by them, maybe I just haven't been in enough dungeons. Where did you notice this annoying preponderance?[/quote]

You obviously haven't played Knothole Island yet.

[quote name='KingBroly']
Buy Knothole Island
[/quote]

I already did, I dont remember getting my dog back though. Maybe I rushed through it too quickly...

[quote name='life.exe']I already did, I dont remember getting my dog back though. Maybe I rushed through it too quickly...[/quote]

You clearly missed the Tomb on the far back left, didn't you?

[quote name='Gourd']I really enjoyed the first Fable. Yes, it was easy, but enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I havent played teh original in ages, but iirc the last battle was ass hard, it took me a few tries to beat the final boss, and I am pretty good at games, got through ninja gaiden for the original xbox without too much trouble

With the free gold this weekend, I'd really like to get some of the online achievements. Anybody willing to help me out? I'd be more than willing to give a couple million gold for the trouble.

I need the 3 co-op achievements, the doll collector, and the sacrifice 10 achievement (I can't get this one now).

Fable II is $30 at Best Buy today. Would you say it is worth $30. I didn't want to buy it when it was $60 but half off looks pretttttty tempting.

I wouldn't. I borrowed that game from SynGamer and played the whole thing for free, and by the time I got to the end, I still felt ripped off.

$10 at most, honestly.

~HotShotX

I bought it at $60 on day one. I really enjoyed it, much better then the first Fable. The world is a pretty good size (too contained for my taste at times). Definitly not my game of the year, but top 5 Xbox game of 2008. no doubt. I would pick it up in a heart beat at $30, and if you dont mind a used copy, go to gamestop and get it for $22 w/coupon

You can probably find it cheaper here on CAG... I got the collector's edition (without the DLC or the paper cover) for $20 shipped on here. =)

[quote name='KamikazeSim']Fable II is $30 at Best Buy today. Would you say it is worth $30. I didn't want to buy it when it was $60 but half off looks pretttttty tempting.[/quote]

Yes I highly recommend it. I love that game. It didn't get more awesome press from video game website and magazines because it was overshadowed by other awesome games that came out in November and December last year. Had it been released last summer, you would have heard much more about it.
I bought the game when it was $60 and I plan on buying the two expansion packs for it as well. It's not flawless, but it's a lot of fun and a must have at $30. Do yourself a favor, free up a weekend and let this game take over. You won't be sorry. Hope this helps!

sure it's worth it. you'll need to play it looking forward to it and not like it's a bargain title - then you will get your money out of it, plus $30 is as cheap as it will get for a long time

It is worth it. The people saying that Fallout 3 is better are absolutely correct (one of my favorites of all time), but since you did not ask us to list all the games we liked better I wont do that. I played Fable 2 all the way through and had a great time at it. 30 dollars is a good deal although buying it on here is probably a better deal. I have seen multiple posts for 20-25.

While I do agree that Fallout 3 is both a better game and a better value, there's no way Fable II isn't worth 30 bucks. I got mine through Goozex and it has held my attention much more than I thought it would.

Well I dominated Fallout 3 back in Oct/Nov. But I picked up Fable 2 anyway with MLB 09 The Show as well. My undergrad graduation is this Friday and I wanted something to play to celebrate. Gonna dominate in Albion as well as with my Mariners. ^_^ Thanks for the input you guys.

No death penalty = no difficulty = no fun. Add repetitive combat and an absolutely HORRIBLE ending and you have a game worth no more than $20, max, and that's IF you find the game interesting.

[quote name='SynGamer']No death penalty = no difficulty = no fun. Add repetitive combat and an absolutely HORRIBLE ending and you have a game worth no more than $20, max, and that's IF you find the game interesting.[/quote]

How many times did you die in Fallout 3? Honestly? The combat in that wasn't exactly deep either. Enter Vats-->Aim for Head-->Kill without taking damage-->Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

And Fallout 3's ending wasn't stellar either. Although maybe they'll write a real one for Broken Steel.

Depends on what you like.

I had a pretty good time with it but after getting most of the achievements and the best weapons I got bored quick. As other people mentioned though the lack of a death penalty makes the game pretty easy. For $30 you can get the game, then dish out an extra $20 for all the DLC which adds a pretty good amount onto the game.

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']How many times did you die in Fallout 3? Honestly? The combat in that wasn't exactly deep either. Enter Vats-->Aim for Head-->Kill without taking damage-->Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

And Fallout 3's ending wasn't stellar either. Although maybe they'll write a real one for Broken Steel.[/quote]
yes,l Fallout 3 had VATS, but when you're being attacked by 10 glowing ghouls and you run out of AP after killing 4, you can't rely on VATS anymore. I died a few times in Fallout 3 because either 1. my health was low and i walked into an ambush or 2. The enemies outnumbered/overpowered me. I'd also like to point out the ridiculousness of having to spam 'Love' 10 times to get someone to love you or 'Fear' 10 times to frighten people in Fable II. In Fallout 3, it's your choices that actually affect peoples opinions of you, not spamming them the same thing over and over until they do what you want.

Story wise, Fallout 3 is MUCH better, simple as that.

Ok here is another question: should I take back Fable 2 and just pay $30 more for Killzone 2? I need a new MP game. GOW2 isn't doing it for me.

bread's done
Back