Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

so how are you suppose to have an orgy in this game? and not, im not some pervert, i need it for a weapon upgrade.

honestly, does lionhead need to put something so stupid for an upgrade?

also i have guy character that needs to get married. anyone up for it? doesn't matter if its gay, i really don't care. just want that achievement.

also are gay couples allowed to adopt?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']so how are you suppose to have an orgy in this game? and not, im not some pervert, i need it for a weapon upgrade.

honestly, does lionhead need to put something so stupid for an upgrade?

also i have guy character that needs to get married. anyone up for it? doesn't matter if its gay, i really don't care. just want that achievement.

also are gay couples allowed to adopt?

xbl name is: Decrot[/QUOTE]

Prostitutes have an expression called Sex Invite, use that to lead more than one to a bed.

Gay couples can adopt. I think that was the point of putting adoption into the game.

I must be full retard. I don't understand how you get the wings to come out (based on your morality) when you fight. Does it only work with the hero hammer/sword? SHould I have kept using those items (store bought weapons were more powerful)

[quote name='shosh']so how are you suppose to have an orgy in this game? and not, im not some pervert, i need it for a weapon upgrade.

honestly, does lionhead need to put something so stupid for an upgrade?[/QUOTE]

I got the feeling the developers have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.

[quote name='Chemicalviper']I must be full retard. I don't understand how you get the wings to come out (based on your morality) when you fight. Does it only work with the hero hammer/sword? SHould I have kept using those items (store bought weapons were more powerful)[/QUOTE]

bottom of page ftl

[quote name='seanr1221']So all you need is 6.5 million in the treasury, correct? Pretty easy when I'm pulling in about 80k every 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

wtf, how did you amass so much $$ to buy all the real estate. Someone did the endless grind of working :bouncy:

I did play quite a bit of loot! I just kept buying and and buying once I got some good cash. No glitching...unless you count me leaving the game on while I make some dinner.

I think I make a good 25-30k every 5 minutes...I'm a real estate whore...barely did any of the jobs. As soon as I had enough money I'd buy more real estate...

I'm doing around 80k every 5 min as well. I think I am done for the night though.

I'd imagine im somewhat close to the end of the game and yet I only have 13 guns. I guess im gonna need to start reading up on how to obtain all the weapons. I will probably need some help with the online achievements for partnership/marriage. I'm going a good female character for my first playthrough, so if anyone wants a millionaire wife who wont go Henrietta the 8th, LMK.

I hit the property achievement way before the turning point of the game, was making 90K roughly, but I think I owned every available property.

Trust me you do want to get 6.5 mill before the
Onlslaught of darkness.

i wound up playing the whole game without buying anything but food and potions. Should have bought some other weapons and clothes.

Now after all the shopowners are
dead. even when i buy the shops I still can't buy anything. It seriously sucks balls.

I feel like raging.....locked myself out of getting the Tough Love achievement (Despite having the gold to get it...).

Anyone before the final battle? I could give you the rest of the gold you need if you let me co-op with you

After reading this thread, (Skipped to when the game came out)
I'm wondering from people having problems with jasper not talking.
How does this happen? And I've heard about a bug on the bread crumb trail what happens?
I feel like getting this game when it drops in price or is it worth getting a new copy.

So what are the ups and downs about the game to some people?

I was just wondering can you still instant travel to places?
Also when you go to the sanctuary do you have to keep doing it over and over just to switch one individual quest to quest?

Is there a "quick repair" for an entire city real estate? When you own all the buildings even just using the map to get each one it can take a bit to do all the fixing up.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']After reading this thread, (Skipped to when the game came out)

How does this happen? And I've heard about a bug on the bread crumb trail what happens?[/QUOTE]

Didn't have any issues with Jasper not talking, but the trail often went missing for me or only appeared when I went one direction (which it pointed to), but then turned back around the second I followed it. Annoying.

I feel like getting this game when it drops in price or is it worth getting a new copy.
I'd wait for a price drop. The game is exceedingly short; particularly for an RPG. But the bonus is that it's also exceedingly easy; making it actually feel shorter than it already is.

So what are the ups and downs about the game to some people?
Pros:

1. Enhanced multiplayer experience. Not something I'm all that interested in, but it's a huge leap from Fable II for those who are.

2. Most achievements are pretty easy if not extremely so. Even completing the game without getting knocked down (Fable's version of dying) is a cakewalk for anyone who knows what the "A", "B", and "Y" buttons are.

3. It's a fairly pretty game.

4. Money isn't really an issue.
It's fairly easy to get by purchasing businesses and real estate. Most players will find the three "jobs" useful for only a short period of time or can avoid them entirely.

5. If you're a dedicated "collector" of in-game stuff, there's a lot of it.

6. Chesty.

Cons:

1. Did I mention the main campaign is short? To that, add in that you don't really end up caring about any of the NPC's or the story, or...and here's the worst part...your dog.

2. Lack of weapon customization. Weapons are almost all exclusively tied to "good" or "evil" behavior and only gain abilities based on successful completion of said behaviors. I MUCH preferred the customization method of Fable II.

3. Graphic engine "slowdown". Happens often. Too often for a finished product.

4. Dumbed-down expression engine. Seriously, do I have to slow dance with every NPC I meet to become friends with them or haggle for price? Does the entirety of Albion just love that???

5. No spell-mapping to buttons. Instead, you get to wear spell "gauntlets".
You can wear two spell gauntlets to spell "weave", but you have no control (at least none I've found) over independently casting two different spells while wearing them. Two of the best spells from Fable II are now "potions" instead.

6. The "Road to Rule" is a seriously inefficient way to spend "seals" (the new generic "skill/will/strength" points) on attribute upgrades. The "Sanctuary" can be excused, but the lack of a true pause menu option for other upgrading is plain silly.

7. If you're a completionist, be careful.
If you haven't purchased all items, found all dig spots and chests, and completed all available quests before becoming King/Queen, you should know that choices you make as King or Queen may lock you out of some of them.

8. Balverines. Apparently, they're taking over the entire country. A solid enemy in Fable II and in the right dose in that game. They're back and in annoying quantities.

9. Hand-holding. First, the player has their hand held pretty much the entire game by the game developers. Second, when you hold an NPC's hand, beware that they will immediately turn stupid and get hung up on every single item between you and your destination. In fact, they turn almost as stupid as your dog; which is only adept at finding chests after you've already located them and dig spots in places you can't get to.

10. Legendary weapons. Fifty of them and most found only in chests that randomize. This means it may take about 10 play-through attempts to find most of them; or as much time as it takes to play through a normal RPG once.

Oh, there's more (poor ranged weapon manual targeting, no ability to "repair" all real estate at once), but those are what I either like or don't about the game.

I was just wondering can you still instant travel to places?
Yes you can, but then you'd miss the opportunity to kill 40 Balverines and 20 random Merc's along the way.

Also when you go to the sanctuary do you have to keep doing it over and over just to switch one individual quest to quest?
Oh, it's worse than that. Here's how it works:

1. You go to the Sanctuary.

2. You go to the map.

3. You zoom to a town.

4. You highlight the quest.

5. You fast travel to a location that should be the quest, but that's about a mile away from the quest.

6. You get confused and accept a completely different quest because:

A) You get bored waiting for a golden bread crumb trail that may or may not show up and may or may not point you in the right direction.

OR

B) You accept the wrong quest because you forgot to take your finger off the "A" button while thinking you were reading a sign within half a mile of an NPC who really wants to be your friend.

OR

C) You attempt to dig up treasure your dog is sure you can get to; but you can't.

OR

D) You're fighting Balverines. Or Mercs.

OR

E) You think you're charging a melee attack while fighting Balverines or Mercs when a friend wanna-be just happens by after your bread-crumb trail leads you near an impossibly-placed dig spot your idiot dog is just certain you can reach near a sign.

This happens because the game develops are smart enough to program a "haggle" option into shopping, but not intelligent enough to turn your target quest "exclamation" point a different color. You then rinse and repeat or continue to search the area until you've found the right quest...which will almost undoubtedly involve fighting...wait for it...BALVERINES! Just kidding...you may fight Mercs too!

Sigh...I really wasn't done with the sarcasm, was I? :whistle2:(

Another issue I have. My Hero Sword says it has taken an evil appearance due to my aggressive interactions with people. I've been nothing but nice to folk. I've done 190 nice interactions and 9 nasty ones. I haven't killed bad guys if had choice of sparing them, or done any murders. WTH is up with that?

I went all in on real estate from second one. Whenever I'd get any kind of money, I'd immediately buy property. Even with this, I was still way short of the 6.5 million at the end of the game. I did all the good things as king, which put me at like $3.5 million in debt. I had a little more than that in personal wealth.

I've got my console running right now to get me enough money to be at $6.5 million. By the time I get home from work, I'll have that and probably quite a few extra million.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']
[/QUOTE]

Yea Jasper has stopped talking for me. :( I mean at first I was glad I didn't have to hear about the sale in the sanctuary anymore..lol...but now i'm upset.

[quote name='SteelSD']

Cons:

4. Dumbed-down expression engine. Seriously, do I have to slow dance with every NPC I meet to become friends with them or haggle for price? Does the entirety of Albion just love that???

You can wear two spell gauntlets to spell "weave", but you have no control (at least none I've found) over independently casting two different spells while wearing them. Two of the best spells from Fable II are now "potions" instead.

8. Balverines. Apparently, they're taking over the entire country. A solid enemy in Fable II and in the right dose in that game. They're back and in annoying quantities.

Oh, there's more (poor ranged weapon manual targeting, no ability to "repair" all real estate at once), but those are what I either like or don't about the game.

Yes you can, but then you'd miss the opportunity to kill 40 Balverines and 20 random Merc's along the way.

:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yes Yes and more yes... I totally agree with all of your points! Game slowing down...no good expressions (so sick of dancing!)...after I did the mascarade ...so many balvarines now. And I would like a repair all button...would be nice.

So, I was extremely upset last night. For the first time I connected with a friend over live so we could try to get the marriage achievement...and after fast travelling to brightwall I got the falling glitch!! oh so bad...I was pissed!!

Here's someone that also experienced what happened to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5eKqw3imfg

Luckily someone on the Lionhead forum's knew how to get out of the glitch....just ridiculous. They should not have put out this game if it has this many bugs. yikes.

[quote name='SteelSD']Didn't have any issues with Jasper not talking, but the trail often went missing for me or only appeared when I went one direction (which it pointed to), but then turned back around the second I followed it. Annoying.

I'd wait for a price drop. The game is exceedingly short; particularly for an RPG. But the bonus is that it's also exceedingly easy; making it actually feel shorter than it already is.

Pros:

1. Enhanced multiplayer experience. Not something I'm all that interested in, but it's a huge leap from Fable II for those who are.

2. Most achievements are pretty easy if not extremely so. Even completing the game without getting knocked down (Fable's version of dying) is a cakewalk for anyone who knows what the "A", "B", and "Y" buttons are.

3. It's a fairly pretty game.

4. Money isn't really an issue.
It's fairly easy to get by purchasing businesses and real estate. Most players will find the three "jobs" useful for only a short period of time or can avoid them entirely.

5. If you're a dedicated "collector" of in-game stuff, there's a lot of it.

6. Chesty.

Cons:

1. Did I mention the main campaign is short? To that, add in that you don't really end up caring about any of the NPC's or the story, or...and here's the worst part...your dog.

2. Lack of weapon customization. Weapons are almost all exclusively tied to "good" or "evil" behavior and only gain abilities based on successful completion of said behaviors. I MUCH preferred the customization method of Fable II.

6. The "Road to Rule" is a seriously inefficient way to spend "seals" (the new generic "skill/will/strength" points) on attribute upgrades. The "Sanctuary" can be excused, but the lack of a true pause menu option for other upgrading is plain silly.

7. If you're a completionist, be careful.
If you haven't purchased all items, found all dig spots and chests, and completed all available quests before becoming King/Queen, you should know that choices you make as King or Queen may lock you out of some of them.

9. Hand-holding. First, the player has their hand held pretty much the entire game by the game developers. Second, when you hold an NPC's hand, beware that they will immediately turn stupid and get hung up on every single item between you and your destination. In fact, they turn almost as stupid as your dog; which is only adept at finding chests after you've already located them and dig spots in places you can't get to.

10. Legendary weapons. Fifty of them and most found only in chests that randomize. This means it may take about 10 play-through attempts to find most of them; or as much time as it takes to play through a normal RPG once.

Oh, it's worse than that. Here's how it works:

1. You go to the Sanctuary.

2. You go to the map.

3. You zoom to a town.

4. You highlight the quest.

5. You fast travel to a location that should be the quest, but that's about a mile away from the quest.

6. You get confused and accept a completely different quest because:

A) You get bored waiting for a golden bread crumb trail that may or may not show up and may or may not point you in the right direction.

OR

B) You accept the wrong quest because you forgot to take your finger off the "A" button while thinking you were reading a sign within half a mile of an NPC who really wants to be your friend.

OR

C) You attempt to dig up treasure your dog is sure you can get to; but you can't.

OR

D) You're fighting Balverines. Or Mercs.

OR

E) You think you're charging a melee attack while fighting Balverines or Mercs when a friend wanna-be just happens by after your bread-crumb trail leads you near an impossibly-placed dig spot your idiot dog is just certain you can reach near a sign.

This happens because the game develops are smart enough to program a "haggle" option into shopping, but not intelligent enough to turn your target quest "exclamation" point a different color. You then rinse and repeat or continue to search the area until you've found the right quest...which will almost undoubtedly involve fighting...wait for it...BALVERINES! Just kidding...you may fight Mercs too!

Sigh...I really wasn't done with the sarcasm, was I? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It looks like Fable 2 is sounding better from all those cons.
But I already played that one and was disappointed in the story.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']It looks like Fable 2 is sounding better from all those cons.
But I already played that one and was disappointed in the story.[/QUOTE]
whats with people and their investments in stories?

anyway, if you like gta, youll like this game, including the sleaze. i wouldn't call this game a rpg even with the upgrading elements. its just gta set in industrial times with a "the sims" feel and element to it

[quote name='shosh']whats with people and their investments in stories?

anyway, if you like gta, youll like this game, including the sleaze. i wouldn't call this game a rpg even with the upgrading elements. its just gta set in industrial times with a "the sims" feel and element to it[/QUOTE]

I was never into GTA.
I've seen some youtube videos that were hillarious but that's about it.

To the notion that you don't care for any NPCs in the game, I do. I think there is great writing here and I feel attached to all the characters I've met and come to enjoy.
Also I reaaaaaaly love the flurry animations with my hammer, awesome stuff there. I'm now King and I'm worried about my country's well being. I think Lionhead did a good job of creating a more fluid way of experiencing their story. To the notion that says this isn't an RPG, what are your standards of an RPG then?

I have to say I'm disappointed. I think Fable 2 was WAY better. I mean it's a good game and if i had not played any previous fables I would probably think it great...but didnt hold up to what i was hoping for. Way too streamlined.

I'm liking this game more and more as I play it. I think I may actually try and complete all of the sidequests and get the achievements and such. I'm at the point where I've built up enough seals to gain the loyalty of Page and the rebels, but the pace of the main story seems to be moving so fast that I'm a little afraid to advance much further before I complete all of the sidequests and build my real estate empire. Can anyone let me know, am I approaching any significant turning points or am I good for a while?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm liking this game more and more as I play it. I think I may actually try and complete all of the sidequests and get the achievements and such. I'm at the point where I've built up enough seals to gain the loyalty of Page and the rebels, but the pace of the main story seems to be moving so fast that I'm a little afraid to advance much further before I complete all of the sidequests and build my real estate empire. Can anyone let me know, am I approaching any significant turning points or am I good for a while?[/QUOTE]

I got no tips for you. You are actually just in front of me. I need 20 more seals to get their loyalty. I think I'm going to finish all the side quests I can though before I go back and progress it. I'd rather go overboard then not far enough.(plus I need to build up 160k or whatever for that pawn shop in Brightwall)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm liking this game more and more as I play it. I think I may actually try and complete all of the sidequests and get the achievements and such. I'm at the point where I've built up enough seals to gain the loyalty of Page and the rebels, but the pace of the main story seems to be moving so fast that I'm a little afraid to advance much further before I complete all of the sidequests and build my real estate empire. Can anyone let me know, am I approaching any significant turning points or am I good for a while?[/QUOTE]
the game does go fast, so take care of all your sidequests and relationship quests. youre getting kinda close also gather alot of money. like at least 6 million. youll need it

I hate to say it, but this game was a disappointment. I really really was hoping for just even new quests or storyline, could of kept all the UI of Fable II. But the amount of glitches and bugs in this game are game-breaking. I actually beat the game and have absolutely non desire to do more quests or even get achievements.

I even fucking pre-ordered this game in July. Putting it up forsale today

I've had the breadcrumb trail conk out and not reappear until I zoned into a different area. I've also had the game suddenly stop allowing me to interact with anything-- enemies, NPCs, signs, whatever. Prompts didn't appear and nothing happened when I pressed the face buttons. I don't remember if I had to do something specific to make it work again or if it came back by itself. Hand-holding is very squirrelly for me, I usually have to press LT two or three times before it registers.

Also, not a glitch per se, but I've had many instances where the framerate slowed to literally single digits per second for maybe 4-5 seconds at a time. And this is with the game installed to HDD.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']What kinda glitches is everyone getting? I haven't seen any so far in my gaming.[/QUOTE]

Everything is sometimes, not all the time:
-quest line of where to go is completely fucked half the time
-When you win an award or even buy an item, the text is missing what its describing
-Can't kill a mob/npc, they are stuck or frozen by a previous shot

just a few

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Also, not a glitch per se, but I've had many instances where the framerate slowed to literally single digits per second for maybe 4-5 seconds at a time. And this is with the game installed to HDD.[/QUOTE]

The worst is that it will slow down sometimes without even having alot of action or npc in your viewable area, just out of nowhere it slows down

[quote name='Chemicalviper']The worst is that it will slow down sometimes without even having alot of action or npc in your viewable area, just out of nowhere it slows down[/QUOTE]
Yeah there's been no rhyme or reason for me in terms of environmental detail or number of NPCs onscreen.

The game is still totally playable (I personally haven't experienced any issues that prevented my progress anyway), but the level of polish leaves a lot to be desired. It would be nice if they could deal with some of these issues in a patch or something.

[quote name='Chemicalviper']The worst is that it will slow down sometimes without even having alot of action or npc in your viewable area, just out of nowhere it slows down[/QUOTE]

Actually, at least in my case, it's the live orbs that'll slow you down, just like in fable 2. You can just turn them off and you'll won't have as much slowdown.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']What kinda glitches is everyone getting? I haven't seen any so far in my gaming.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't run into any glitches and I'm around being the King.

I'd say a good point to know you're getting close is when the NPCs tell you "Now would be a good time to visit your family." I guess if you don't have a family I wonder if he says something different.

I've played my first playthrough about 12 hours so far and I think I'm nearing the end point. If you don't do side quests a lot or interact with everyone in the world I think you're missing out on Fable. Granted I felt interacting with a few people was grinding/repetitive but if that's not an element of an RPG haha I don't know what is.

I beat the game last night. I'm now just cleaning up on achievements. I still need like 150 guild things to unlock the last 2 chests. Anyone know of a good way to grind them out? I have less than 10 Gnomes to find. So, I'll get another 40 there.

I'm thinking I'll just wait for DLC versus grinding. I assume we'll get 2-3 DLC that we'll get at least a couple hundred guild things from. I really don't feel like running around killing baddies to grind out guild things.

I'm also hoping to do the 4 Xbox Live achievements tonight. I just so happen to have someone on my friend list playing as a female. He said that he'd marry me and have a kid. :)

I ended up becoming queen and still was able to go back to complete more side quests...I heard there is 4-5 days of being king/queen before the end of the game, so you can do plenty of side stuff while royalty. I'm trying to earn a crap ton of money right now...

So many... gold path not showing, Jasper hasn't talked to me in two days!, worst falling glitch ever (see earlier post), and frame rate is bad sometimes...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Patch coming

I might actually put the game on hold for a while and focus on Enslaved for now if they are going to patch the game relatively soon.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Hopefully this comes soon. I'm still really enjoying the game and want to earn all of the achievements.

Ugh. I ran into the glitch during the quest "The Game" where after you fight the wolves the castle won't open. So frustrating! I was having a pretty good time with this too. Had to happen on my two days off work too >.< Now I can't play until it get's patched because there's no way I'm making a new character.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Ugh. I ran into the glitch during the quest "The Game" where after you fight the wolves the castle won't open. So frustrating! I was having a pretty good time with this too. Had to happen on my two days off work too >.< Now I can't play until it get's patched because there's no way I'm making a new character.[/QUOTE]
i ran into the same glitch. i actually got out of it though. its the fight with page right? there are still some wolves left and you have to wait it out. i went around casting spells as i can still hear them. wait awhile and theyll drop down. at least it did for me.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Ugh. I ran into the glitch during the quest "The Game" where after you fight the wolves the castle won't open. So frustrating! I was having a pretty good time with this too. Had to happen on my two days off work too >.< Now I can't play until it get's patched because there's no way I'm making a new character.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, that happened to my friend actually. To fix it I joined his game and opened the door for him. Still laugh at him for this....

[quote name='shosh']i ran into the same glitch. i actually got out of it though. its the fight with page right? there are still some wolves left and you have to wait it out. i went around casting spells as i can still hear them. wait awhile and theyll drop down. at least it did for me.[/QUOTE]

No, it's when I held some orb and got put into someone's book about saving a princess. I googled it and a bunch of other people had it during that level too apparently.

I submitted my glitch, hopefully they'll take care of it.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Oh wow, that happened to my friend actually. To fix it I joined his game and opened the door for him. Still laugh at him for this....[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to try that one right now. Thanks for the tip.

edit: Damn, didn't work...at least same console co-op. Maybe I'll try to join a random game. For now though I'm gonna work on my evil character.

Wow, I'm surprised at all the bugs people are running into. I must be lucky, I haven't had many issues at all. A little frame rate drop, nothing game-breaking. I haven't had issues with the bread trail or with not being able to progress. I am really enjoying the game. I have slowed down though cause I think I am approaching the king part, and I want to make sure I have all the sidequests done, and a phat bank roll.

I didn't have bad problems with bugs either. Also had slow downs and the bread trail wouldn't show up sometimes. Didn't ruin my experience or anything.

I tried some coop last night over XBL. That had some problems. Sometimes, my character would animate when moving around. He was just standing straight up and sliding around the world. That was kinda odd. Once I'd start shooting, he go back to normal.

bread's done
Back