Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='yukafls']Those are the awesome parts, cause you don't know whats up. I still think andale is the creepiest or the Yao Gui caves. I still have to venture to the deathclaw caves[/QUOTE]

I think that Andale one glitched out on me. I went in the basement, looked around. I go from the basement to the house and look around and realize no one is in the house anymore. I thought it was weird. I left the house and noticed everyone across the street. They all had there weapons out and they were creeping back to the guys house whom I was just in there basement. I played along and pulled a knife out and was creeping with them like I was apart of there gang about to jump someone. I wasn't aware I was the one they were looking for until we got to the door step and the guys turns aroudn and calls me out.

[quote name='pimpinc333']
I think that Andale one glitched out on me. I went in the basement, looked around. I go from the basement to the house and look around and realize no one is in the house anymore. I thought it was weird. I left the house and noticed everyone across the street. They all had there weapons out and they were creeping back to the guys house whom I was just in there basement. I played along and pulled a knife out and was creeping with them like I was apart of there gang about to jump someone. I wasn't aware I was the one they were looking for until we got to the door step and the guys turns aroudn and calls me out.
[/quote]
Nope, not a glitch. It's supposed to play out that way...

Anyone else seen any fucked up physics? I bumped into a bus last night and it launched about 150yrds away! It was epic!

[quote name='ninju D']Anyone else seen any fucked up physics? I bumped into a bus last night and it launched about 150yrds away! It was epic![/quote]

Yeah, that's happened to me. The other day I was just walking along when out of nowhere I get blindsided by a car that was somehow launched at my head.

I was killed instantly.

[quote name='emdub']Vault 106 freaked me out. Spooky, man, spooky.[/quote]

Wait til you go to vault 112 where there are all of the clones

[quote name='yukafls']Wait til you go to vault 112 where there are all of the clones[/quote]

Gary!

...Gary?

[quote name='emdub']Vault 106 freaked me out. Spooky, man, spooky.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree with how creepy the atmosphere was inside of Vault 106. While exploring the vault I kept thinking "Getmeoutgetmeoutgetmeoutgetmeoutgetmeout..."

A question about Vault 92:
Where do I start the quest for the person that wants me to find the musical instrument in Vault 92?

fuck!! I was storming Talon Company's HQ and kickin ass. But all of the sudden the game kinda like....I don't know, got stuck in VATS mode and would not exit the slow motion killing sequence

The Alien Blaster weapon kicks major ass! I don't suppose there's a way to replenish the ammo? I'm almost all out of ammo and just about to enter the deathclaw sanctuary.

I completed the mission where you go back to vault 101, it was pretty fun but in the end I killed some dudes and did the right thing.....but Ayna or whatever her name is, is in with the
enclave

[quote name='Darkchaos91']Sorry if this has been posted before..
I was wondering if you 'fast travel' does it uses all your caps?[/quote]
no it doesnt use caps at all. just time. same as in oblivion

this game is crazy....i try to go on a quest then i see a damned hollow triangle pop up and i have to go see what I have yet to discover. I had some video glitching outside of megaton. If i looked towards a certain direction the screen would fuck up and look grey/black. I restarted the game and it went away...

[quote name='doctorfaustus']That happened to me once. It unfroze a minute or two later. Also, It froze one time without unfreezing. I hope its the game and not my system.[/quote]
After about 30 hours I've only had one freeze. Not really a problem thus far...thankfully! Although I save every 10 min or so just in case.

I finally found rockopolis and sad to say I found a
dead argyle
......I love their radio show adventure thing and was kinda sad but I went to tenpenny tower and found Daring

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukafls']I finally found rockopolis and sad to say I found a dead argyle......I love their radio show adventure thing and was kinda sad but I went to tenpenny tower and found Daring[/QUOTE]

LOL, I need to stop popping into this thread. I ruined a few surprises for myself by reading your posts.

[quote name='yukafls']I finally found rockopolis and sad to say I found a dead argyle......I love their radio show adventure thing and was kinda sad but I went to tenpenny tower and found Daring[/QUOTE]

Yea bro. You honestly need to type everything in Spoiler tags since just about everything you say spoils the game.

Sorry, but its not an actual location or a quest of the game. It is technically not a spoiler, just one of those weird finds

[quote name='yukafls']Sorry, but its not an actual location or a quest of the game. It is technically not a spoiler, just one of those weird finds[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking dude was still alive and I would eventually find him until you said he was dead.

[quote name='yukafls']But he is a rerun playing on the radio, didn't you go to tenpenny tower???[/QUOTE]

Yea I've been there.

Yea actually it's not that big of a deal anywho.

Ok, I wouldn't post anything that I knew was wrong(except for the time when the game first came out) I know now what to do. Main quest and quests go in spoilers.

Sigh I reached level 20 2 days ago and it kinda sucks that XP no longer matters. I feel like I have no reason kill anyone. I don't care if you don't give me any new perks or even skill points but at least let me continue to level up. Just for fun.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Sigh I reached level 20 2 days ago and it kinda sucks that XP no longer matters. I feel like I have no reason kill anyone. I don't care if you don't give me any new perks or even skill points but at least let me continue to level up. Just for fun.[/quote]
Seconded. I Kinda feel at 20 I'm a bit over powered, since now I got over 100 stimpack's and enough ammo to last me awhile. Though I still hate those giant scorpions.

Anybody had problems with some audio quest notes not playing? Some of mine aren't working. Specifically the ones dealing with
The Replicated Man quest.

[quote name='Sockey']Anybody had problems with some audio quest notes not playing? Some of mine aren't working. Specifically the ones dealing with
The Replicated Man quest.
[/QUOTE]

Had the same thing happen to me.
The guy in Rivet City said "listen to this." and there was nothing there.

[quote name='n00bie']Had the same thing happen to me.
The guy in Rivet City said "listen to this." and there was nothing there.
[/quote]
I too had problems with this quest in particular. The people I needed to speak with never acctualy spoke about the people I needed to. I finally mangaed to finish it but I never really did the quest like I was supposed to.

I'm having problems with the Tenpenny Tower quest. Need help:

I've convinced everyone except Lancaster about the ghouls moving in. How do I convince her? The dialogue option "This is happening" Is gone because I already said it.

The ending of this game makes little sense considering the play mechanics:

How do you die from radiation with an almost 100% fucking rad resistance. I was hanging in the chamber taking only +1 rad resistance in my Tesla Armor with RADX and other perks, but suddenly I die after entering the code? Can anyone say "illogical cop out?

Otherwise, Got all the bobbleheads and major achievements out side of the Karma based level ones. Fun game, but flawed.

[quote name='Slate']I'm having problems with the Tenpenny Tower quest. Need help:

I've convinced everyone except Lancaster about the ghouls moving in. How do I convince her? The dialogue option "This is happening" Is gone because I already said it.
[/quote]

Possibly a bug?

[quote name='Fallout 3 Wikia']

- You need to talk first to Tenpenny about letting the Ghouls move in, before talking to the other residents. Not doing so prematurely may close the diplomatic conversation options.

- If you turn Ms. Lancaster into a slaver and then rescue her back, she will not have all the dialog options. You will have to kill her to convince Tenpenny. [/quote]

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tenpenny_Tower_(quest)

[quote name='Slate']I'm having problems with the Tenpenny Tower quest. Need help:

[/quote]

Just kill her.

I ended up killing Tenpenney's bitch ass before the I did the quest, so Gustavo was in charge. Gustavo will in no way allow ghouls in, so you have to kill him, and it all works just the same.

You can either kill a person or talk them into it. They both lead to the same conclusion. I hate how you can do the quest for tons of negative karma, but at best you can only go neutral karma if you're good.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Just kill her.

I ended up killing Tenpenney's bitch ass before the I did the quest, so Gustavo was in charge. Gustavo will in no way allow ghouls in, so you have to kill him, and it all works just the same.

You can either kill a person or talk them into it. They both lead to the same conclusion. I hate how you can do the quest for tons of negative karma, but at best you can only go neutral karma if you're good.[/quote]

A sandman kill? I don't have the perk. Perhaps I could load an earlier save...

[quote name='yukafls']Damn, whenever it is day out I can't see the pip boy. Its like the screen is glowing super green[/quote]

You can change the color of the Pipboy screen in Options. I have it set to blue.

[quote name='yukafls']Damn, whenever it is day out I can't see the pip boy. Its like the screen is glowing super green[/quote]

Being day out is a coincidence. Your pipboy being overly bright is a glitch and changing the color and what not isn't going to help. In most cases you'll need to turn your game off and turn it back on.

The first time it happened to me it stopped after putting it away and fast traveling. The 2nd time though I had to turn it off and back on.

Well I just beat the game last night. Had a great time playing it through this time as ultra good. Going to play through again as a total asshole and basicilly kill everyone I meet, should be entertaining! Has it flaws but the most addicted I've been to a game in a long time.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Well I just beat the game last night. Had a great time playing it through this time as ultra good. Going to play through again as a total asshole and basicilly kill everyone I meet, should be entertaining! Has it flaws but the most addicted I've been to a game in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'm also giving it a second run-through as an evildoer. Heck I might even play it again as dense strongman a specializing in melee. This game is definitely the best thing I've played this year.

I just got the game thanks to ParticleReality, anyhow, I'm at the Springvale Elementary and I assume I went to the basement and killed the ants. Is there something past that in the tunnels, or do I have to go back upstairs?

bread's done
Back