Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

Picked the last one up in Fruitport, Michigan. Mine wasn't gutted (but everything was out of the box in the back in their own factory sealed shrink wrap) only the 'slip cover for the cardboard box' is a little damaged as it was the display unit. However, mine was missing the platinum chip, but the manager went into the back and found it. I've never had any problems at the GS near me, probably because 85% of the staff were there back when it was an EB Games (heck, they still use the EB Games cashier counter lol).

Edit: It also works for me since one of my brother's friends is the manager. :)

Grabbed a CE for the 360. Haven't watched the DVD yet, but the other extras were somewhat lackluster. Thanks though, everyone. For $30, I'm satisfied, maybe now I'll finally finish this game.

Got me a copy today, last one at the Newburgh, IN store. Mine was sealed and still had the gamestop pre-order code inside too! I already had new vegas but it has a chip on the inside of the disc so I figured may as well go ahead and pick up this to have a backup copy!

[quote name='AEJustin1']Got me a copy today, last one at the Newburgh, IN store. Mine was sealed and still had the gamestop pre-order code inside too! [/QUOTE]
What version was that? I haven't opened the 360 copy yet, just the PC and it didn't really have anything inside that is GameStop specific.

i gonna go pick up fallout.lv ce in a hour. they have ps3 and xbox360 ver.
what ver. is better? and anyone need any ver. i can pick one up for anyone.
cost will be.. 33+6 to ups next day!( at my work i have own my upsworldship system! so... replay anyone want! i accept paypal = )

Mine was xbox 360 and the code was for the "Classic Pack"
Armored Vault 13 Suit
Vault 13 Canteen
Weathered 10mm Pistol
5 Stimpaks

When does this deal end? I want to grab a copy but i won't have the chance to get it until next week i think.

I got one in Springfield, MO. It was opened but everything inside was still there and sealed. PS3 version.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Mikocouch']Can anyone confirm that the classic pack preorder bonus is in the sealed copies of the 360 and ps3 games?[/QUOTE]

Mine came sealed in the game case

[quote name='Mikocouch']Can anyone confirm that the classic pack preorder bonus is in the sealed copies of the 360 and ps3 games?[/QUOTE]
Checked my 360 copy and it did have the code.

I opened mine to check, nothing that looks like a preorder code.

[quote name='JP']Checked my 360 copy and it did have the code.[/QUOTE]

Is it in the game case or the other case with the other collectors stuff? I didn't open the game case since the kids are here, although it does have the "Do not open until ..." on the top.

[quote name='kayatai']I opened mine to check, nothing that looks like a preorder code.[/QUOTE]
Did you check inside the game case itself? Mine was inside the sealed game.

[quote name='JP']Did you check inside the game case itself? Mine was inside the sealed game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check it out later and report.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Me and my friend picked up the last 2 at my GameStop. I did not see any pre order code in mine.[/QUOTE]

Did you check inside the sealed game case itself?

Sorry guys Elk Grove is all cleaned out, I checked around several was going to pick some up for a friend. I think Sacramento is going to become the next bay area, too many people here now....

Picked up the last one at Tyson's Corner, VA. The Cashier looked in the back and said it was $80... (Surprise that they still had it.) The Cashier ring it up and came up automatic $29.99. He was shocked. He was saying he may try to get one of these at a Gamestop. For $29.99, it was a good deal since Best Buy has it for $40.

Note: The CE is completely sealed. Not sure if it's factory seal or not (Appears to be factory sealed, but not sure). I heard of rumors that some Gamestop rewrap there games.

Lesson to everyone, please don't call Gamestop. Everyone has a better chance of getting it by asking in store (Of course don't tell them the price. It should ring up automatic)

Thanks OP!

Wow hadn't unwrapped the actual game yet, but just did after reading about the pre order dlc and I got the classic pack too! Awesome!

[quote name='The Punisher']
Note: The CE is completely sealed. Not sure if it's factory seal or not (Appears to be factory sealed, but not sure). I heard of rumors that some Gamestop rewrap there games.[/QUOTE]

Not a rumor, I know for a fact at one Gamestop near me where they do this and have the machine in the back to do it.

[quote name='mxmarks']Wow hadn't unwrapped the actual game yet, but just did after reading about the pre order dlc and I got the classic pack too! Awesome![/QUOTE]

Yeah I just checked my game too and the preorder code is in there.

Also the chips seem to be pretty good quality.

[quote name='mxmarks']Wow hadn't unwrapped the actual game yet, but just did after reading about the pre order dlc and I got the classic pack too! Awesome![/QUOTE]
I have the mercenary and tribal packs. One came from a copy from GS and the other came from a used-like new copy I ordered from Amazon's Warehouse Deals.:D

Picked up one at the Flowood MS gamestop, they had a few of each system in stock. Price was still marked 79.99 yet when it rang up 30 the cashier said she is glad that she is able to sell games like that to people who know about the deals lol.

It was factory sealed, everything inside is brand new and inside the game had the classic pack.

Glad I traded in my regular edition on goozex for 1k points now lol

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have the mercenary and tribal packs. One came from a copy from GS and the other came from a used-like new copy I ordered from Amazon's Warehouse Deals.:D[/QUOTE]

That's the best buy pre order bonus, the mercenary one.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last one in town today. Went to the store a mile from my apartment and no dice, but they looked it up in their system, found the single copy at another store and sales person called the store to have them hold it. One of the few times I've had decent customer service at Gamestop. Was going to score the standard edition for $20 a few weeks back. Good thing I waited.:D

If you couldn't Get one for $30 PM me Ill sell you a copy I picked up but for just a lil more profit $40. :) just saying

[quote name='DanteWarrior']If I trade the game from CE to Amazon, will there be any issues because of lack of cardboard sleeve?[/QUOTE]

No, there shouldn't be an issue...I believe the sleeve was only on the games made for initial release and the rest of the games made after that didn't have it. I submitted one back in Nov without one and I didn't have a problem.

[quote name='The Punisher']Note: The CE is completely sealed. Not sure if it's factory seal or not (Appears to be factory sealed, but not sure). I heard of rumors that some Gamestop rewrap there games.
Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']Not a rumor, I know for a fact at one Gamestop near me where they do this and have the machine in the back to do it.[/QUOTE]

Regarding CE Factory Seals---I'm not 100% sure for all sealing machines, but I think the REAL CE factory seals have tiny little holes if you look at the plastic very closely.

I believe the GS machines doesn't use the plastic with the tiny little holes.

haha thats true, my friend worked at gamestop and told me that in his store, when a new game is released, the store keeps 4 copies of the game for the employees to borrow. once they are done with the game, they reseal it with that wrapper thing you guys are talking about.

so some new games you guys buy might have been used.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my copy last night. I had to go to two different GS stores because the first didn't have the box for the game. Just the sleeve and the holder.

[quote name='giantqtipz']haha thats true, my friend worked at gamestop and told me that in his store, when a new game is released, the store keeps 4 copies of the game for the employees to borrow. once they are done with the game, they reseal it with that wrapper thing you guys are talking about.

so some new games you guys buy might have been used. [/QUOTE]

In the past, the employees played and would resealed them and resell them as new.

Not anymore, they just sell them as gutted new copies.

BTW, the old re-seals look totally different from the factory seals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Readthepost']Regarding CE Factory Seals---I'm not 100% sure for all sealing machines, but I think the REAL CE factory seals have tiny little holes if you look at the plastic very closely.

I believe the GS machines doesn't use the plastic with the tiny little holes.[/QUOTE]

I took a closer look and notice that there are tiny little holes all over in the front of the box when hold against the light ( No tiny holes in the back) . The sealed lines runs from the bottom to the left side to the top and then stops.
There is no sealed light on the right side of the box. Not sure if it's factory sealed, but good deal if u like Fallout

[quote name='Readthepost']In the past, the employees played and would resealed them and resell them as new.

Not anymore, they just sell them as gutted new copies.

BTW, the old re-seals look totally different from the factory seals.[/QUOTE]

I remember when Final Fantasy 12 CE at Gamestop. They told me it was sealed and I took a closer look. They did a alright job resealing it, but had a funny feeling that it wasn't factory sealed. I end up not making the purchase.

What is a gutted copy? I saw Growlancer LE on the shelf with tape that says Gutted Copy.

bread's done
Back