Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

[quote name='technole']I'm a Fallout fan and because this thread was getting boring. Plus I always spice things up everywhere I go.[/QUOTE]

LOL that is some NASTY spice!!!

Hmm, I'm having trouble checking stock for the PC version. Know if there's another way to check availability?

[quote name='n1c0']Hmm, I'm having trouble checking stock for the PC version. Know if there's another way to check availability?[/QUOTE]

Best way is to just call them and see if that store has it. If not, ask them to run a search on other stores around the area. That was the only way I could get them to check for availability. Good Luck

[quote name='n1c0']Hmm, I'm having trouble checking stock for the PC version. Know if there's another way to check availability?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Use a phone.

just got 2 and went to bestbuy and traded in there. $15 free woot. so i got a $20 psn card. both were perfect condition too. glad to be done with gamestop credit also, finally.

[quote name='Velo214']just got 2 and went to bestbuy and traded in there. $15 free woot. so i got a $20 psn card. both were perfect condition too. glad to be done with gamestop credit also, finally.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully you just traded in the games and kept the extras to sell/trade elsewhere, since they give the same amount whether you're trading just the game or the CE complete.:razz:

i just got reg versions, 2 with powerup was like $35, flip for $50. thought of keeping manual, but no reason so gave them 2 complete copies.

[quote name='Velo214']i just got reg versions, 2 with powerup was like $35, flip for $50. thought of keeping manual, but no reason so gave them 2 complete copies.[/QUOTE]

Does Bestbuy allow trades without manual? On there trade-in estimator, you can specify if its complete or not but it reduces the price. Is that what they do in-store?

Also, I was thinking about waiting til the B2G1 free to grab a couple copies to flip at Best Buy. I still have my own copy that Im going to trade in when I make a trip to GS to grab Borderlands GOTY.

Ok since i already have the regular version of FO3 should i pick up FO3 GOTY and New Vegas CE, or New Vegas CE and Borderlands GOTY?

[quote name='kit352']id go for vegas ce and borderlands. most of the dlc for fo3 arent worth it.[/QUOTE]

Ya thats way i think im going to go. I wish i would have known about Vegas yesterday, they had the DLC for 400 points on xbl.

[quote name='Retro Legends']Ya thats way i think im going to go. I wish i would have known about Vegas yesterday, they had the DLC for 400 points on xbl.[/QUOTE]

I lucked out and the april 1st deals were still up at 6 am est. Bought all of em.

Does the CE of New Vegas contain an actual retail copy of the game, or does it have the NOT FOR RESALE thing on it?

i.e., can I trade the game from the CE in to Amazon for credit as the regular edition?

EDIT: NVm, I just opened mine, answer is yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BackInBlack']I lucked out and the april 1st deals were still up at 6 am est. Bought all of em.[/QUOTE]

It was a good deal thats probably unlikely in the near future.

[quote name='crysis93']Bought mine at my local gamestop last night, reselling it on ebay for double the price :D[/QUOTE]

^^^^
BAN ME!

P.S. You're not going to make double looking at ebay prices.

[quote name='Retro Legends']Ok since i already have the regular version of FO3 should i pick up FO3 GOTY and New Vegas CE, or New Vegas CE and Borderlands GOTY?[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 has a better narrative flow in the sense of why you are doing stuff vs NV, which in my opinion has better writing overall than fallout 3, but less explanation of why you are doing stuff. The DLC for Fallout 3 is hit or miss, but you should definitely get broken steel, which changes the entire game (new perks, new level cap (up to 30 vs 20 for the standard game), now the game doesn't end with a giant thud at the end of the main quest...the other DLC have their moments (I like point lookout because some of missions are just really odd) but you aren't missing much if you don't play them.

Ok since i already have the regular version of FO3 should i pick up FO3 GOTY and New Vegas CE, or New Vegas CE and Borderlands GOTY?

Definitely do CE and Borderlands GOTY.

I recommend either borrowing or renting Fallout 3 GOTY since all the DLC is on the second disc. It can be installed, and won't be needed anymore for future use.

Broken Steel is the must play DLC episode. It extends the level cap from 20 to 30. Adds new tougher variations of enemies and is basically necessary to continue the game.

randomly went into a GS today and they had the PS3 version of New Vegas CE - so I picked it up.

Impulse buy - Probably sell the game off and just keep the CE stuff.

[quote name='drktrpr1']YMMV, but Fallout 3 Collector's Edition was $15 at my store! Vault Boy is chilling on my Xbox right now :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

that's a great find

Thanks for the heads up on this, no 50% trade or B2G1F, so I power traded Killzone3 and DS2 for MK to get the 35% ($68.85) will cancel later. Picked up last copy of Fallout new vegas 3 CE for 29.99 so not a bad deal put rest on card.

[quote name='drktrpr1']YMMV, but Fallout 3 Collector's Edition was $15 at my store! Vault Boy is chilling on my Xbox right now :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

How on earth did you find this? It would be great to have a searchable SKU for that thing.

[quote name='fortunado']How on earth did you find this? It would be great to have a searchable SKU for that thing.[/QUOTE]

The manager there looked on the computer when I asked about "Fallout New Vegas" and politely informed me about some copies of F3 CE in the back. Apparently all copies are listed as "used" because they're trying to get rid of them. I got my PowerSaver discount on it, so it ended up being $13.49.

Again, I can't stress this enough, ask about Fallout 3 CE when you go for F: NV, I found a copy for $15. Both are great deals.

FALLOUT 3 CE SKU (from my receipt): 952350

[quote name='Retro Legends']Ok since i already have the regular version of FO3 should i pick up FO3 GOTY and New Vegas CE, or New Vegas CE and Borderlands GOTY?[/QUOTE]
That depends. Do you have the 360 or PS3? I ask because the 360 version of Fallout 3 GOTY has the DLC on a seperate disc and you can install it on your HDD, whereas the PS3 version has it all on one disc.

So technically you could rent the GOTY from Blockbuster(if you have any left open in your area) for a day for 360 for $1-2 and then return it and just use your regular version of FO3 to play the DLC.;)

But if you choose to 'rent' it from GS, only grab a used copy of it, since once a new copy is opened it cannot be returned for a full refund.:cry:
[quote name='drktrpr1']The manager there looked on the computer when I asked about "Fallout New Vegas" and politely informed me about some copies of F3 CE in the back. Apparently all copies are listed as "used" because they're trying to get rid of them. I got my PowerSaver discount on it, so it ended up being $13.49.

Again, I can't stress this enough, ask about Fallout 3 CE when you go for F: NV, I found a copy for $15. Both are great deals.

FALLOUT 3 CE SKU (from my receipt): 952350[/QUOTE]
FYI: The Fallout 3 CE has been $15 new for a while now, so the chances of finding one in stock is highly YMMV.

Either way, no go for me on this deal. The closest one to me to show it in stock for the PS3 sold out earlier today. They only had a copy left for the 360.

By the way, if one of the clerks tries bsing you about them not having any in stock, then ask them to check those lil cabinets behind the counter by where they keep the new/sealed copies of the newer release games. That's where they had the sealed 360 copy I saw at the store I hit.

Wow definitely gonna look for a Fallout 3 CE especially if its used like they have had with GoW UE and Batman CE

[quote name='Abeja']Wow definitely gonna look for a Fallout 3 CE especially if its used like they have had with GoW UE and Batman CE[/QUOTE]

CheapestGamer is right, this has been $15 for a while and is therefore rare to find. Don't make a separate trip for F3 CE, but if you're going for F:NV CE you might as well ask about Fallout 3.

FALLOUT 3 CE 360 SKU (from my receipt): 952350

[quote name='drktrpr1']CheapestGamer is right, this has been $15 for a while and is therefore rare to find. Don't make a separate trip for F3 CE, but if you're going for F:NV CE you might as well ask about Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Well, im going for Borderlands GOTY, so I will definitely check. If not, no biggie. Id like to get that booblehead tho. I didnt realize it was 15.

[quote name='Abeja']Wow definitely gonna look for a Fallout 3 CE especially if its used like they have had with GoW UE and Batman CE[/QUOTE]
If they've converted it to used, then chances are the bobblehead, lunchbox and any other extras went home with an employee or went into the dumpster by now. That's what happened with the God Of War III Ultimate Editions.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If they've converted it to used, then chances are the bobblehead, lunchbox and any other extras went home with an employee or went into the dumpster by now. That's what happened with the God Of War III Ultimate Editions.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it worries me now that its used. We shall see tho.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah it worries me now that its used.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was only LISTED as used in the system. My copy was completely sealed. They just listed it in as such the computer because corporate wanted them to get rid of stock, according to the manager.

[quote name='drktrpr1']CheapestGamer is right, this has been $15 for a while and is therefore rare to find. Don't make a separate trip for F3 CE, but if you're going for F:NV CE you might as well ask about Fallout 3.

FALLOUT 3 CE 360 SKU (from my receipt): 952350[/QUOTE]

That sucks; the SKU 952350 for the check availability map just shows Fallout 3 for 360 (doesn't show up as the CE).

[quote name='fortunado']That sucks; the SKU 952350 for the check availability map just shows Fallout 3 for 360 (doesn't show up as the CE).[/QUOTE]

Yeahhhh, that makes sense. I guess that means that F3 CE is the same price as F3 in the system. It's also not searchable online, making this EXTREME YMMV. Still worth it to check out for those going for FNV.

[quote name='Penguin1084']that video was hilarious lmao.

here's his 3ds unboxing which is pretty funny...

"oh no... I broke it... it's in mexican..."[/QUOTE]

Its funny how he's obsessed with "made in mexico" packaging in his videos :)

bread's done
Back