Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']??? Missing poker chips? I hope you're talking about an opened in-store copy, or else I'll start getting paranoid that my sealed copy is missing items!

Edit: Sorry, I panicked before thinking it through. Strange that the store would open up a sealed collector's edition for any reason though.[/QUOTE]

They said they received it from another store like that. I'm guessing the person at the other store did it. It wasn't sealed, it was gutted and repackaged.

Bought a PS3 CE way back on release date b/c it was the only one still available, but kept it sealed b/c I never really wanted to play on PS3 anyway. I was intending to wait for a Steam deal on the GOTY edition whenever that inevitably happened.

Thankfully there was still a PC copy within a reasonable distance and had it held for me. After asking him to check if they had one in stock, the guy on the end of the phone gasped and asked "do you want me to tell you the price?"

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I kind of understand why they gut a couple copies for normal games but why the hell would they open a collector's edition box.[/QUOTE]

Because it was on display.
So, the big brown box open, with the contents removed. However, each individually sealed.

So, does the Disc has the "not for resale" sign?

just came back from my local GS,
had 1 instock.
Labeled New.
Except it was missing the cards and chips.

fuckING BULLSHIT, why do i even try? GS SUCKS.

Wooohoo, my brother in AZ hooked me up and got one for me. On to the backlog. I've beaten Fallout3 and loved it, but still haven't played the DLC's. I should play through it as evil and rock the dlcs before running through this.

Went to a few GS stores today and picked up a 360, PS3, and PC version... just cuz they're that awesome at $29.99 (or maybe I'm a bit OCD).

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal OP!

[quote name='M3wThr33']Picked it up tonight. They held it for me. Downloading now on Steam...[/QUOTE]Huh? You can tie the key to Steam? Are there any problems with mods if you use the Steam version? (That must explain the lack of GFWL Achievements this time.)

To appreciate this story, you need to be familiar with the area around Fairlane Mall in Dearborn, MI and the GS stores in the mall. I'd stopped at the Outer Dr. and Southfield location to pick up a used DJ Hero 2 and see if they had a PC copy of this. They only had a PS3 version, but ran a list of the 10 closest stores showing it in stock. The first place was Fairlane and it was on my way home, so goodie.

I tried to call them and got a busy signal, so I start driving. Redial a couple of more times, still busy. I'm getting off the freeway at Michigan Ave. next to Ford World HQ when someone answers. I ask if they have FO:NV CE PC and he says he didn't think so but may have Xbox. I told him that Allen Park had run a stock search and they should have it. He says he'd look if I'd hold.

Now I'm passing the Hyatt and turning off on Evergreen. I turn into Fairlane's ring road and head toward the entrance near Sears. You see, there are two Gamestops close to each other in the mall because one was an EB before they merge. The one on the ground level is pretty big for a mall location; the one upstairs is a broom closet in comparison. I didn't know which one I was calling.

Well, it didn't matter because the big one was boarded up. Jeez, I hope the other one is in the same place. A lot of empty spots in the mall - times are tough. Again, it helps if you're familiar with the place cuz if you are, you know that if Fairlane was an REM song, it'd be "Can't Get There From Here." I make my way upstairs and see the store is in the same place.

Now I've been holding this whole time as I walk in. There's an older guy at the counter and a younger tubby sack of goo waiting on another customer. I approach the one that's free and hang up since I'm there. Unless I was talking to someone in back, it was one of these two who left me hanging. From the time they picked up to my getting to the counter was 7-1/2 minutes.

I ask if they have the game and the guy says they may still have some that were pre-ordered and never picked up and would look. He goes and comes back promptly with a nice sealed copy. Since he didn't say, "You're the guy on the phone," it meant that tubby was the culprit. I looked at him and asked what happened and he said that when he came back, I wasn't on the line. Um, no. I hung up when I got here. (Idiot.)

I didn't see the other's reaction, but I'm sure he was rolling his eyes. They should really change the name to Grrrspot.

It's a Steamworks game. You NEED to install Steam to run it. It's not even a choice.

And Steam is always hunky-dory with mods.

[quote name='patches48']The only reason I want to play this game is for Felecia Day's character... which means I'm tempted to get this.[/QUOTE]

Felecia is in this? Bonus! Some minor NPC or voice actor I assume? Her Dragon Age web series that is coming may be pretty epic.

Got a copy for myself. None on PC so my friend is out of luck unfortunately. Now I need to find a deal on Fallout 3 GOTY before I start NV. I thought getting :ps3:Castlevania: Lords of Shadow CE for $29.99 at Kmart was a good deal, but this CE has alot more content. All these CE dropping making me hesitant for Skyrim eventual CE. But my Gamestops didn't have GoWIII or Batman AA, so I might not risk waiting for a Skyrim CE price drop.

[quote name='M3wThr33']It's a Steamworks game. You NEED to install Steam to run it. It's not even a choice. And Steam is always hunky-dory with mods.[/QUOTE]I can't recall which game, but I recall something recently that couldn't be modded in its Steam form. Drat, can't remember what it was.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Felecia is in this? Bonus! Some minor NPC or voice actor I assume? [/QUOTE]No, it looks to be rather major in scale. I remember when the game came out, she tweeted about encountering the character she voiced and how weird it was. (I can't imagine how Nolan North wouldn't go nuts playing games if he did. Ever see the video of the Mafia 2 demo where two NPCs were talking and North had voiced them both?)

I wonder if the Dragons Age web series interfered with S4 of The Guild because it was simply awful. Totally falloff in quality.

Yes, there are plenty of mods for FNV PC. It requires Steam, and that is the only way you can play it. (through Steam)

[quote name='DirkBelig']Huh? You can tie the key to Steam? Are there any problems with mods if you use the Steam version? (That must explain the lack of GFWL Achievements this time.)

To appreciate this story, you need to be familiar with the area around Fairlane Mall in Dearborn, MI and the GS stores in the mall. I'd stopped at the Outer Dr. and Southfield location to pick up a used DJ Hero 2 and see if they had a PC copy of this. They only had a PS3 version, but ran a list of the 10 closest stores showing it in stock. The first place was Fairlane and it was on my way home, so goodie.

I tried to call them and got a busy signal, so I start driving. Redial a couple of more times, still busy. I'm getting off the freeway at Michigan Ave. next to Ford World HQ when someone answers. I ask if they have FO:NV CE PC and he says he didn't think so but may have Xbox. I told him that Allen Park had run a stock search and they should have it. He says he'd look if I'd hold.

Now I'm passing the Hyatt and turning off on Evergreen. I turn into Fairlane's ring road and head toward the entrance near Sears. You see, there are two Gamestops close to each other in the mall because one was an EB before they merge. The one on the ground level is pretty big for a mall location; the one upstairs is a broom closet in comparison. I didn't know which one I was calling.

Well, it didn't matter because the big one was boarded up. Jeez, I hope the other one is in the same place. A lot of empty spots in the mall - times are tough. Again, it helps if you're familiar with the place cuz if you are, you know that if Fairlane was an REM song, it'd be "Can't Get There From Here." I make my way upstairs and see the store is in the same place.

Now I've been holding this whole time as I walk in. There's an older guy at the counter and a younger tubby sack of goo waiting on another customer. I approach the one that's free and hang up since I'm there. Unless I was talking to someone in back, it was one of these two who left me hanging. From the time they picked up to my getting to the counter was 7-1/2 minutes.

I ask if they have the game and the guy says they may still have some that were pre-ordered and never picked up and would look. He goes and comes back promptly with a nice sealed copy. Since he didn't say, "You're the guy on the phone," it meant that tubby was the culprit. I looked at him and asked what happened and he said that when he came back, I wasn't on the line. Um, no. I hung up when I got here. (Idiot.)

I didn't see the other's reaction, but I'm sure he was rolling his eyes. They should really change the name to Grrrspot.[/QUOTE]

I got a good LOL @ that.. ungh.. i really really hate gamestop. It sucks theyre the only game in town. EB, Gamecrazy, Babbages, Funcoland.. all gone. Im still bummed I cant find one around here.. Im still confused that the one in my town shows they have the ps3 AND xbox version.. but when i go in they swear they dont have it. It still ists it on the web finder which is odd. Im wondering if i should go in tomorow and ask again

I see the PC link and theres one next town over acording to that. I guess i can call and check on that

I've started a thread asking for debate about which version is more enjoyable to play and which version might end up being more valuable in the future. Check it out here if you'd like to add your opinion! Thanks!

errr is the PC version really steam only? I hate DLC garbage, if thats true i wont be getting that version. If i buy a game i want a hard copy of it

Wanted to say a quick thanks for posting this... so psyched that I was able to get the 360 CE for $30! Actually, $5 and change since I had a gift card.

[quote name='Kenshindono']errr is the PC version really steam only? I hate DLC garbage, if thats true i wont be getting that version. If i buy a game i want a hard copy of it[/QUOTE]

It's Steam only, but you can play Steam offline. Of course I'm a diehard Steam fan so I'll defend it, but it's so convenient. Plus it has Steam Cloud which means the save game I have over here in the desert, I can play when I get back to the States for my R&R.

For reference, I paid full price for the PC CE on release, it was well worth it. Not only the game, but the CE extras were great.

Just picked up a PS3 version at the Ypsilanti, MI Gamestop last night. The clerk looked really suprised when he was ringing me up and I get the feeling he didn't want to sell me it. I didn't see any 360 copies but it sounded like they may have more PS3 versions in the back and I noticed a sealed PC copy out on the floor.

Hey guys,

Yesterday at work I went to my local gamestop looking for the 360 version. He looked it up on the computer and noticed that a GS store a 10 blocks away had 10 copies left.

He called that GS store in hopes to hold two copies (He himself wanted a copy too). A lady picked up and told him that they had at least four copies left, but she put him on hold.

Another guy ended up getting back on the phone and telling us that they ran out.

Now me and the guy called bullshit and he ended up printing me the list that had the stock number to the particular store.

When I arrived in that particular gamestop, I went immediately to the xbox 360 floor and confronted the woman asking her for a copy. I told her the whole story and showed her the list. She ran into the backroom and ran back out with a copy so quickly that if I had blinked, I would have missed it.

The guy in the first GS was a real chill guy and explained that unless the GS employees look it up on the computer, they really don't know the deals. So when he called them up and told them to check if they had one, they likely wanted to save themselves a copy and screw us over.

He even told me to not even hesitate and talk to the manager if they keep BSing you even though it shows they have the game in stock.

I scored my copy, good luck to all of you XP

got the last copy for 360, called them to put it aside for me until i got off of work...got there roughly 10 minutes before they closed - cutting it close!

Thanks for this, OP. I managed to get the last one my nearest GS had for 360. Still factory sealed.

I rang ahead and the guy there told me they had one, and when I got in, a girl behind the register joked that the guy had looked around for it before noticing it up on a high shelf behind the register, and then scolded her for not telling him it was on sale.

Lucky for me he was honest about it; he could have lied and said they had none and gotten it himself.

360 version is in stock at all 6 gamestops within 20 miles,lol. PC is only in stock at the one 9 miles from here then in some 90 miles away :( May go see if I can grab a PC version since I want the CE stuff and PC mods, but already have the game on the 360, thanks OP

[quote name='Sifilus']Hey guys,

Yesterday at work I went to my local gamestop looking for the 360 version. He looked it up on the computer and noticed that a GS store a 10 blocks away had 10 copies left.

He called that GS store in hopes to hold two copies (He himself wanted a copy too). A lady picked up and told him that they had at least four copies left, but she put him on hold.

Another guy ended up getting back on the phone and telling us that they ran out.

Now me and the guy called bullshit and he ended up printing me the list that had the stock number to the particular store.

When I arrived in that particular gamestop, I went immediately to the xbox 360 floor and confronted the woman asking her for a copy. I told her the whole story and showed her the list. She ran into the backroom and ran back out with a copy so quickly that if I had blinked, I would have missed it.

The guy in the first GS was a real chill guy and explained that unless the GS employees look it up on the computer, they really don't know the deals. So when he called them up and told them to check if they had one, they likely wanted to save themselves a copy and screw us over.

He even told me to not even hesitate and talk to the manager if they keep BSing you even though it shows they have the game in stock.

I scored my copy, good luck to all of you XP[/QUOTE]

You shouldve purchased one for the employee in return he could've done you favors in the future, i.e. penny guides.

I got one, opened and gutted. It didn't have the game case or DVD. It was worth the $30 for me since I was waiting for the price drop. I will have fun with the cards and I don't plan on selling the main game (no case or instructions, just a sleeve) so I got the shaft.

The guy behind the counter said, "I'll take a look around and maybe come back and I will find it." Stellar service again from Gamestop. I took it rather than having the dude scarf the copy for himself. He was VERY surprised to find it for $29.99...

My GS only had one 360 CE which was gutted. The employee was kinda enough to show me the sealed game was in it :) Sucks he didnt check yours was complete.

It's still showing as in-stock for two of the stores by me for PS3, so I may try and take a run down there sometime within a couple of days. I'm a sucker for cheap CE's.

^^^^^^

WTF is up w/ putting a video of fat shirtless dude on CAG for man? LOL.

Picked up a copy of a PS3 version. I'm not a fallout fan but I'll give it away as a gift to one of my friends.

[quote name='aznhero913']^^^^^^

WTF is up w/ putting a video of fat shirtless dude on CAG for man? LOL.
[/QUOTE]

I'm a Fallout fan and because this thread was getting boring. Plus I always spice things up everywhere I go.

[quote name='technole']Just in-case you need a reminder, this is the best unboxing video for the CE: [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh.

I don't really care for Fallout but for $29.99, it might make for a nice gift.

bread's done
Back