Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

[quote name='Scorch']ran the fuck out the door when i saw this post.. managed to get the last one, along with the last borderlands goty. Traded in my copy of New Vegas since I picked up the CE.. i've been waiting for this to drop forever. Thanks op!!![/QUOTE]

What was the base tiv? It hasn't been updated here for 48 days.

[quote name='dino88']What was the base tiv? It hasn't been updated here for 48 days.[/QUOTE]

A measly $5. It's whatever though, i got it for free from kmart on launch day anyway.

No problems securing a copy at my local gamestop. They actually had a couple copies of ps3 and xbox360 displayed near the register.

[quote name='Scorch']A measly $5. It's whatever though, i got it for free from kmart on launch day anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scorch. I was definitely going to head up there if it was still $12 base, making it only $12 to upgrade. I may still grab it since I have a gift card and try selling a copy on CL. Is the game inside the CE still sealed? If so, I could try selling that copy on Amazon.

I updated the tracker with the new tiv.

Read this post, ran to my car and sped over to the mall, got the last 360 copy of New Vegas CE at my local GameStop. Thanks!

[quote name='nightmare452']DAMN HOARDERS!!!!!!!

I went to my local GS about 20 minutes after seeing this thread (saw it around 1:20PM). I arrived and immediately asked for the F:NV Collector Edition and the employee (he knows me by name, so I trust him) tells me that someone just came in and bought ALL copies less than an hour ago. He just cleaned out the store. I'm kinda down, but I can just wait for the GOTY edition anyhow. Damn the hoarders around me are fast. This was at the White Flint mall GS in MD.[/QUOTE]

I thought Gamestop didn't allow that kind of practice. Shame... but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

[quote name='dino88']Thanks Scorch. I was definitely going to head up there if it was still $12 base, making it only $12 to upgrade. I may still grab it since I have a gift card and try selling a copy on CL. Is the game inside the CE still sealed? If so, I could try selling that copy on Amazon.

I updated the tracker with the new tiv.[/QUOTE]

Yes, factory sealed retail copy. No slipcover.

[quote name='VaultDweller']does anyone think FO3 CE is better than this? i mean you only get an art book and some poker chips, pretty lame[/QUOTE]

First off, graphic novel, not art book.. Also, poker chips, platinum chip, playing cards, making of DVD. Not lame at all.

I got a price adjustment for the one I got for $39.99 a couple of weeks ago. Thanks OP!

Thanks OP. Thought I was done a Gamestop, but dropped into my local store and picked this up, despite actively playing the regular edition right now.

BTW, trade in values on Amazon:
:360: Regular Edition - $15.00
:ps3: Regular Edition - $13.00
:360: Collectors Edition - $25.00
:ps3: Collectors Edition - $27.75

At Best Buy, the trade in is even more, though the same for both regular and collectors:
:360: $25.00
:ps3: $25.00

Wow can't believe a gamestop employee tried to scold me for buying this. He told me I was lucky and next time I should preorder to ensure I get a copy since they only had one. I really wanted to punch him in the face.

Thanks OP!
Called and got some dude to hold a copy for me. It was their last one too :D
The guy sounded hesitant to tell me there was a copy in stock though. Hopefully he doesn't take it or there was another copy there that he took.

[quote name='VaultDweller']does anyone think FO3 CE is better than this? i mean you only get an art book and some poker chips, pretty lame[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I thought Gamestop didn't allow that kind of practice. Shame... but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

Generally I think Gamestop will allow you to buy as much as you want, they just have problems with you trading in more then one of a game.

Hey, don't forget the deck of cards and making-of DVD!

Yeah, I'm actually with you on it not being all that exciting. But for $30 bucks I'd say it's worth it. The original $79.99? Not so much.

I own it on PC/Steam but I wanted the CE for some time. I snagged it for 360 since I figure 360 will be worth more than PC later on ... thoughts? Should I have gotten PC since I prefer PC to 360?

They had about 4 more at the store I got mine at btw.

[quote name='danh920']does the 360 version have the same amount of glitches and issues as the ps3 version that I keep hearing about?[/QUOTE]
It's hit or miss. I've put over 150 hours in to this one and there were some issues. They've fixed a lot via patches though.

I literally just got back from walking 1.1 miles each way to the Gamestop right near my work. Got the last copy of the CE for Xbox 360!

Killed two birds with one stone...gots me a copy of the game and gots me some much needed exercise for my FATA$$!

I would've thought eh PC version would have more re-sell value due to the modding community, but I admit I have no clue at all! Maybe the PC version is too easy to pirate?

Way better actually

[quote name='rexflexall']I literally just got back from walking 1.1 miles each way to the Gamestop right near my work. Got the last copy of the CE for Xbox 360!

Killed two birds with one stone...gots me a copy of the game and gots me some much needed exercise for my FATA$$![/QUOTE]

Boy you must be drenched in sweat

[quote name='joker______']Damn I really want the 360 version but I want the making of on bluray...oh the decisions[/QUOTE]

Is the making of documentary on blu ray for the PS3 collector edition? I thought all versions only had it on DVD

Got one copy for 360 as well. I don't even know if I'll open it at all yet since I haven't even finished FO3.
Anyways if any CAG is interested for the NV sealed copy just send me a pm.

[quote name='rexflexall']Is the making of documentary on blu ray for the PS3 collector edition? I thought all versions only had it on DVD[/QUOTE]

Yea its on bluray for PS3

[quote name='rexflexall']Nah not really, it was breezy outside and not too hot.[/QUOTE]

It's about 100 where I live. Serious. A 100 f-ing degrees outside.

So they actually did hold it for me. It was the shelf copy but looks almost perfect.

[quote name='Achilles00']What was the story with the Killzone CE?[/QUOTE]

It was on their website for $80 but some CAG posted a coupon for $10 off making it $70. While it's not a bad deal, it's nowhere near as good as all the $30 SEs recently (Fable III, GoW3, Arkham Asylum).

[quote name='Xellos2099']might be worth flipping the normal copy it to best buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes it would. Especially since it dropped temporarily to 12 then its back up to $25. Then go buy Amazon GCs and get some Amazon credit. I just traded in 2 copies from the GS glitch.

The regular edition is $18 used, so even if you didnt want the CE you could still make some profit.

Even Fallout 3 GOTY trades in for $15, so when the B2g1 free used games happens, you could potentially flip some stuff.

So short of calling around to all the stores to find a PC version, is there a way to find one since they don't have the "check availability" button on the site with the PC version (only the 360/PS3 version have it)?

Just picked mine up. Awesome price.

phototlf.jpg

[quote name='Abeja']Yes it would. Especially since it dropped temporarily to 12 then its back up to $25. Then go buy Amazon GCs and get some Amazon credit. I just traded in 2 copies from the GS glitch.

The regular edition is $18 used, so even if you didnt want the CE you could still make some profit.

Even Fallout 3 GOTY trades in for $15, so when the B2g1 free used games happens, you could potentially flip some stuff.[/QUOTE]

So you mean can buy Amazon GC at BB using BB GC? Didn't know abt that..

bread's done
Back