Fallout New Vegas CE 29.99 at Gamestop

xandez1

CAGiversary!
Hey folks, I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I just picked up Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition at Gamestop for $29.99. Possibly YMMV. This included both 360 and PS3 versions. Cheers!

Just found out it's not YMMV, but they're unavailable online so check your local stores. Mine here in Brandon, FL still had two of each left. Looks like this includes PC as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77856

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77857

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/fallout-new-vegas-collectors-edition/77858

[quote name='fortunado']So short of calling around to all the stores to find a PC version, is there a way to find one since they don't have the "check availability" button on the site with the PC version (only the 360/PS3 version have it)?[/QUOTE]

Ask the employee at the store you call to check if any other stores nearby have it in stock. That's your only option.

Yay the first store I went to had (at least one) copy. It's factory sealed and in great condition. Has a nice huge $79.99 sticker on it hehe.

Was tempted to pick up the CE guide with the rest of my GS credit but at the price they're asking, I'll just order from amazon. *edit* I see Amazon has run out. Well I'll see if the prices drop, or just wait for the GOTY version guide like they made last time.

(OT) While I was there, I took my first ever look at the 3DS demo unit. Interesing stuff, the 3D effect was a lot better than I expected.

Ruahrc

[quote name='rexflexall']I literally just got back from walking 1.1 miles each way to the Gamestop right near my work. Got the last copy of the CE for Xbox 360!

Killed two birds with one stone...gots me a copy of the game and gots me some much needed exercise for my FATA$$![/QUOTE]
Thas what Ima talkin' about. I drove six miles both ways, though. But the point is, I got me a copy through some lesser legwork.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='fortunado']So short of calling around to all the stores to find a PC version, is there a way to find one since they don't have the "check availability" button on the site with the PC version (only the 360/PS3 version have it)?[/QUOTE]

Credit for the PC inventory link goes to akijikan

Edit: That link doesn't seem to be working. Here's a new one

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I ran out and bought one right after you created this thread. It's the 360 version sealed and mint with a $79.99 sticker on it. The GS guy who rang me up was suprised how cheap it was when he looked it up on the computer. I also bought Borderlands GOTY 360 for $19.99.

what if its got an 80 dollar price tag on it? Do they match the online price at all, or what? How do you make sure its actually 30 bucks.

[quote name='Kenshindono']what if its got an 80 dollar price tag on it? Do they match the online price at all, or what? How do you make sure its actually 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

have them scan it, it'll automaticly show the $30 price at that time.

[quote name='Kenshindono']what if its got an 80 dollar price tag on it? Do they match the online price at all, or what? How do you make sure its actually 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Just as BD mentioned, even if the tag says $79.99, the barcode will scan out as $29.99, so doesn't matter what the price on the tag says, but more so what it says in the system.

I found that out when i was at the store today. They had one copy and it was missing the poker chips. So tempting but i had to pass on it since i am still playing 3.

Thanks OP. Got a PC copy for my brother (I already have it on PC) and a 360 copy for myself. Both factory sealed goodness.

[quote name='goengland']So you mean can buy Amazon GC at BB using BB GC? Didn't know abt that..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didnt know either until someone mentioned it in the Trade 2 get $50 GC. The giftcards have Amazonkindle on it so at first I thought it was just for that, but its for everything at Amazon. Used the gift cards to get a new video card.

[quote name='sgr76']I found that out when i was at the store today. They had one copy and it was missing the poker chips. So tempting but i had to pass on it since i am still playing 3.[/QUOTE]

??? Missing poker chips? I hope you're talking about an opened in-store copy, or else I'll start getting paranoid that my sealed copy is missing items!

Edit: Sorry, I panicked before thinking it through. Strange that the store would open up a sealed collector's edition for any reason though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ragingst0rm6']??? Missing poker chips? I hope you're talking about an opened in-store copy, or else I'll start getting paranoid that my sealed copy is missing items![/QUOTE]
How else would they know its missing the chips? I can almost guarantee they were swiped by a employee. I wouldnt worry about yours missing the chips.

All of the Albuquerque, NM stores show stock. I picked one up without a problem, although I did strike out at two gamestops while looking for penny guides. Someone already found them or, more likely, pulled them.

Got two factory sealed copies for 360 65.15 out the door. One for me and one for the brother, everythings gotta be in two nowadays with two xboxes.

[quote name='Scorch']Yes, factory sealed retail copy. No slipcover.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I ran out and got the last copy in my area.

[quote name='donniedroc']At Best Buy, the trade in is even more, though the same for both regular and collectors:
:360: $25.00
:ps3: $25.00[/QUOTE]

Nice! I wish I would have read this earlier when I was right next door to a Best Buy. I used a $25 GS gift card I just got in the mail yesterday to buy this CE, so after trading in my old copy it will only cost me $5 for the upgrade. And I'd much rather have Best Buy (or Amazon) credit than GS.

Thanks everyone!

thanks OP, my local gamestop at West Covina, CA still have 5 in stock, the employer thought the price glitches on his computer, lol

I was waiting for the game to drop to $15, but $29 collectors edition is a must buy.

[quote name='dino88']Cool, I ran out and got the last copy in my area.

Nice! I wish I would have read this earlier when I was right next door to a Best Buy. I used a $25 GS gift card I just got in the mail yesterday to buy this CE, so after trading in my old copy it will only cost me $5 for the upgrade. And I'd much rather have Best Buy (or Amazon) credit than GS.

Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

bleh i wish i read this earlier too!

was waitng for the pc goty but got the pc copy since i figured 360 would be sold out everywhere
then as it turns out one of the gamestops i went to has a 360 version available :cry:

Thanks OP. I had to make a second run to GS today, after going out this morning to pick up a few sale items.

Anyone in the Monroeville/Greensburg area, the store in Delmont had 2 360 versions left as of about an hour ago. No idea about the others, though.

[quote name='killer9']its a good game its no where near the greatness that was fallout 3 the reviewers thought this aswell[/QUOTE]
If by greatness you mean mediocrely annoying as hell with how often you had to use that VATS system early on or you'd miss enemies standing right next to you by a mile.

Then yes, I agree.

I liked FO NV enough to keep playing for at least an hour or two when I originally had it, but it still had a much better TIV than what I paid so I dumped it for the quick profit.

But I just bought it back yesterday from a local shop.:bomb:

For $30 I may have to go grab a CE and see if I can dump the extras for about that price to make the copy it comes with free.

I absolutely loved this game. Enjoyed it much more than Fallout 3. The "factions" make things interesting. Love that the player has multiple alliances to choose from on how to end the main quest - something that's made clear almost from the get-go. Took me a good 60 hours to do everything. Lots of replay-ability, too.

Make sure and let your system download the game update, though. This title was notorious for being buggy at launch. (Whether that reputation is fair or not is a discussion for another venue.)

Thanks op I have a 360 version reserved to pick up after dinner. Now I have a matching pair to my fallout CE

[quote name='Squarehard']Just as BD mentioned, even if the tag says $79.99, the barcode will scan out as $29.99, so doesn't matter what the price on the tag says, but more so what it says in the system.[/QUOTE]

well question was moot. Although one of the local ones shows they have the ps3 and xbox version when i went in they said they had neither. And i couldn't find them anywhere either. The other one near me has the 360 version (id prefer ps3 version since i own the 360 version already) but its down to the gut, which i refuse to buy. Especially for a CE version of the game

theres some like 30+ miles away according to the search, but i dont want to drive 100 miles round trip like i did for a sealed radiant history copy >_<

Guess im just outa luck =( awesome so many of you are finding copies at your stores. Especially the guy who got 2 copies

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If by greatness you mean mediocrely annoying as hell with how often you had to use that VATS system early on or you'd miss enemies standing right next to you by a mile.

Then yes, I agree.

I liked FO NV enough to keep playing for at least an hour or two when I originally had it, but it still had a much better TIV than what I paid so I dumped it for the quick profit.

But I just bought it back yesterday from a local shop.:bomb:

For $30 I may have to go grab a CE and see if I can dump the extras for about that price to make the copy it comes with free.[/QUOTE]

No i mean new vegas was good but 3 was fantastic im sorry but new vegas was bland did not have the same wow factor 3 had

[quote name='killer9']No i mean new vegas was good but 3 was fantastic im sorry but new vegas was bland did not have the same wow factor 3 had[/QUOTE]
I played FO3 till just after I got out of the vault, even getting past the 'choose what to say' branching conversation thing and I got so annoyed with having to use VATS every two seconds during a battle if I wanted to even hit something.

So I'm glad I evenly distributed the points in FO NV in such a way that it allowed me to enter fine aim mode and pick off enemies from a distance like a sniper/sharpshooter.

Otherwise I would've never bothered with this game at all.

THANK YOU OP! Drove as fast as I could and picked up the last one. Too bad it may be awhile before I start it up.... stupid backpile...

[quote name='Nelo Ice']bleh i wish i read this earlier too!

was waitng for the pc goty but got the pc copy since i figured 360 would be sold out everywhere
then as it turns out one of the gamestops i went to has a 360 version available :cry:[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just return the PC copy and buy the 360 version? Or have you already opened it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I played FO3 till just after I got out of the vault, even getting past the 'choose what to say' branching conversation thing and I got so annoyed with having to use VATS every two seconds during a battle if I wanted to even hit something.

So I'm glad I evenly distributed the points in FO NV in such a way that it allowed me to enter fine aim mode and pick off enemies from a distance like a sniper/sharpshooter.

Otherwise I would've never bothered with this game at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we know. And if we forgot, you remind us in every Fallout thread.

[quote name='dino88']Couldn't you just return the PC copy and buy the 360 version? Or have you already opened it?

Yeah, we know. And if we forgot, you remind us in every Fallout thread.[/QUOTE]

yeah i havent opened it just theres traffic now and i went to all 3 gses within 10 miles of each other anyway

so much effort to go back and do it all over again :bomb:

Thanks OP! Went to a gamestop and they had 1 copy on 360, so I bought it for my brother. Went to my local store and the girl that works there is picking me up a sealed PS3 copy from a store about an hour away and told me it will be waiting for me tomorrow. She always goes out of her way to help me when I am looking for stuff!

I gave into a reasonable price. I was going to wait for the GOTY edition so that most of bugs would be fixed. But I'm a sucker for cheapass CEs. And Dead Money being on sale pushed me to buy as well. My GS had 2 left after I bought mine.

I just got one from my Gamespot.
The outer box (the big box) was open and the content was in the backroom.
The guy brought everything and everything was sealed.
The game itself has a regular bar code. Is that normal? Shouldn't it be "Not for resale"?

[quote name='Montes']I just got one from my Gamespot.
The outer box (the big box) was open and the content was in the backroom.
The guy brought everything and everything was sealed.
The game itself has a regular bar code. Is that normal? Shouldn't it be "Not for resale"?[/QUOTE]

I kind of understand why they gut a couple copies for normal games but why the hell would they open a collector's edition box.

The only reason I want to play this game is for Felecia Day's character... which means I'm tempted to get this.

bread's done
Back