Fanatical Thread

Nope. Everything is now region locked by default. (Doesn't affect stuff already released)

Some examples of popular AAA games that definately need region locking to secure profits.

https://steamdb.info/sub/51293/

https://steamdb.info/sub/52508/

https://steamdb.info/sub/51734/

https://steamdb.info/sub/52860/

https://steamdb.info/sub/51510/

https://steamdb.info/sub/52167/
heh that also reminded me to check The Body Changer's status on population. It's still at 0 current players and still has 4 players as the max. recorded. I think it'll stay that way until the next bundling or 75% off sale.

heh that also reminded me to check The Body Changer's status on population. It's still at 0 current players and still has 4 players as the max. recorded. I think it'll stay that way until the next bundling or 75% off sale.
How one could play it without a key? :D

Just BS'ed the Platypus, Destiny, and Art of War bundles.
For reals....jah!! I may get the one with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in it....need it and some of those other games may be fun FPS romps...I don't mind cheap-o FPS games, as long as they're somewhat entertaining.

How one could play it without a key? :D
They gave keys to people who bought it on Desura. No doubt in exchange for positive reviews by the looks of it.

It's tempting to buy a copy just to give it a crappy review. But not tempting enough to pay $18 for that pile o'crap.

^The Desura messages are what bothers me most about that. 99% of bundle game devs have never taken the step of unsolicitedly contacting me like that, and then turned around and flipped me the bird come Greenlit.

^The Desura messages are what bothers me most about that. 99% of bundle game devs have never taken the step of unsolicitedly contacting me like that, and then turned around and flipped me the bird come Greenlit.
Let's sue him for spamming!

Nope. Everything is now region locked by default. (Doesn't affect stuff already released)
As much as devs hate bundle prices, they still got some cash from Russian sales from people like me, who get DLC during sales. This is only going to make all their profits go up in smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was surprised the dev had the ability to contact me directly like that. I also voted "Yes" for it on Greenlight, assuming we'd get Steam keys through Groupees if it made it through.

Tossers.
whatever.gif

New Poopernatural Bundle from BundleSluts:

Splatter's okay, I've heard decent things about Blackbay Asylum, Dracula Trilogy is a horrible mess ported from crappy phone versions of the original games (get them at GOG to get the original releases), 4 was in a Groupees (GOG version) and then we got 5 for free.

It's an okay bundle, but not $4 okay.

I'm a defender of Larva Mortus. Of course i'm a big Rake in Face fan....fun games that maybe could use a bit more polishing, but it's a very fun game. Not the greatest bundle though.

Splatter's okay, I've heard decent things about Blackbay Asylum, Dracula Trilogy is a horrible mess ported from crappy phone versions of the original games (get them at GOG to get the original releases), 4 was in a Groupees (GOG version) and then we got 5 for free.

Yeah, this looks like about half of a decent bundle, one I'd probably ante up for if it were $1-2 cheaper.

fuck, Dracula Trilogy was one of the games in the bundle to push me over the fence. I actually saw it on GOG and thought since it was there, it probably wouldn't have jarring issues, but I wasn't counting on upscaled phone games. Regretting my purchase already. When was Dracula 5 free?

fuck, Dracula Trilogy was one of the games in the bundle to push me over the fence. I actually saw it on GOG and thought since it was there, it probably wouldn't have jarring issues, but I wasn't counting on upscaled phone games. Regretting my purchase already. When was Dracula 5 free?
Free if you have 4 in April when 5 was released:

K9PPaWg.png

Dracula 4 GOG was in the IG Capsule Computers bundle (2-3/14).

Basically, if you already owned 4 at GOG, we got 5 for free as an apology because 4 was a lot shorter than anticipated. And they wanted to charge $20 for 4 and 5 separately. I guess Frogwares just went "Screw it" and figured selling both together was better in the long run.

Supposedly they are (still) working on bringing the original versions to Steam as an option. We've been waiting quite awhile, though.

Zombie Solitaire? Get the  fuck out of here! 

Looks like I'm going to net about 8 games here and ZS pushes it right over the top for me. And Splatter actually looks very cool. 

You can not kill what is already dead...

F.E.A.R. Bundle - $7.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • F.E.A.R.
  • F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point DLC
  • F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate DLC
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn DLC
  • F.E.A.R. 3
[/customspoiler]

bread's done
Back