Fanatical Thread

I'm pretty sure that 8-Ball bundle showed up during their first Bundle Fest too. Anyways, for what it's worth, OotP '14 is delisted on Steam.

Edit: Nope, it didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked that bundle when it first ran.  Pool Nation had a low of $1.49 at the time so that made it only $1.50 more for an interesting selection of niche titles.  Those other titles just sit in my backlog, but I played a ton of Pool Nation.  That said, Pool Nation was $0.99 in the Winter sale.  Unless you really want the other games, it might be best to just wait for the next sale on it.

Considering Hospital Tycoon and Maelstrom have never been bundled, it's not terrible, but it's not the best because of the Codemasters Humble Weekly and the Codemasters Humble Flash makes most of it repeats. Damnation also hasn't been bundled in ages, I had to grab it off Tremor.

I'd say it's easily worth it for anyone who owns none of them.

Considering Hospital Tycoon and Maelstrom have never been bundled, it's not terrible, but it's not the best because of the Codemasters Humble Weekly and the Codemasters Humble Flash. Damnation also hasn't been bundled in ages, I had to grab it off Tremor.
Oh whatever get that free hospital game on Origin and call it good.

And yes I know it's not the same game but close enough. None of you are going to play either one anyway.

Nice bundle... If you don't have those games. Worth for Overlord collection alone.
Eh. I don't have any of them but the rest of the games look like shit and the historic low for the Overlord Collection is $2.99 last summer. I'll wait and see if I can save that .50 cents because I know I'd just backlog them anyway if I bought them now.

Mercifully, there are only 4 more Bundlestar bundles to be inflicted upon us this week. 

Normally, I expect repeats from BS, but they've really outdone themselves. I can't decide if that makes the excellent first bundle even sweeter, or the subsequent 9 more bitter.

Mercifully, there are only 4 more Bundlestar bundles to be inflicted upon us this week.

Normally, I expect repeats from BS, but they've really outdone themselves. I can't decide if that makes the excellent first bundle even sweeter, or the subsequent 9 more bitter.
Getting even one excellent repeat-free Bundlestar bundle is a rare event. I'd say this week's bundle event is still a smashing success even if that one is the only one we get.

Considering Hospital Tycoon and Maelstrom have never been bundled, it's not terrible, but it's not the best because of the Codemasters Humble Weekly and the Codemasters Humble Flash makes most of it repeats. Damnation also hasn't been bundled in ages, I had to grab it off Tremor.

I'd say it's easily worth it for anyone who owns none of them.
Weren't those two games given away by GreenManGaming (with a purchase) at one point?

Getting even one excellent repeat-free Bundlestar bundle is a rare event. I'd say this week's bundle event is still a smashing success even if that one is the only one we get.
IMO it's so good that I don't think any bundle site will be able to compete with it while it's live (except for Humble if they do a numbered bundle).

The timing of Be Mine 17.. is not so great.

Next bundle is up, and it's saints row this time.

PBvV8Y6.jpg

Would've bought if it had Gat out of Hell and SR1. (edit: yes, I know there isn't SR1 for PC)

Seeing as the Full Package goes on sale for $5 by itself all the time, this is basically just giving you a free copy of SR2 (which is buggy as fuck on PC) with your purchase. Even if for some reason you missed the 2 times both of these were Humble Bundled for far cheaper, this still isn't really worth it unless you're dying to play SR2 on PC.

Bundle Fest #8! Resurrection Bundle is back - 14 games for $2.49!
War, horror. . .and tea-making! 

The big bundle is back! Grab 14 totally radical Steam games for only $2.49 in the Resurrection Bundle, saving over $100! 

VIEW THE BUNDLE HERE 

• Gun Metal
  • Grimind
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Humanity Asset
  • Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Realms of the Haunting
  • Soulbringer
  • Ampu-Tea - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Chompy Chompy Chomp - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Cobi Treasure Deluxe
  • Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare
  • Desert Thunder
  • Manhunter
  • RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

Saints Row 2 is a blast and I didn't encounter any bugs that made it unplayable, but you can tell it's a port. I also didn't do any multiplayer and no mods, but there's a comprehensive Steam forums thread about getting the full PC experience.

SR is the only AAA franchise I've kept current with, but I think that has more to do with price (3, 4, and Gat for $5 each) than quality. They are fun, though.

Still need to buy that first day one....only one I actually have liked so far...though some of these are OK albeit not anything I want.

• Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare
  • Desert Thunder
On one hand, Nosferatu was my "Most Surprisingly Good" game from earlier this month. It's low-budget but makes the best of what it had and pulls off a fairly good, if dated, horror FPS that still manages to hold up.

On the other hand, Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare was my "Most Surprisingly Poor" game from the same. Playing it, I could not believe it had come out the same year as Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Far Cry and Counter Strike: Condition Zero. It's a low rent FPS that looks and plays like something that would have been from 1996 (and not in a good retro way).

Desert Thunder won no special accolades from me but it was pretty bad. Gun Metal might have been an averagely entertaining arcade action game but it suffers from a 30fps lock, screen resolution issues and iffy reaction speeds that make controlling it feel soft and imprecise.

Edit: Remembering now that Gun Metal made my video card glitch out and go insane even after I closed out of the game. It took a reboot to fix the issue.

That seems to be its saving grace. The mod also adds a ton of content apparently.

Still a garbage port, but hooray for modders.
I played all the way through the peasantbox version and the modded PC version. Had to jump through a few hoops to get the PC version working properly, and even then it crashed fairly often. It was an interesting experience, and certainly playable, but if I were going to play SR2 for a third time, I'd go back to peasantland to do it. Way less hassle, and the mods didn't really add all that much of interest.

Not that I'd ever want to play SR2 a third time, I think.

I played all the way through the peasantbox version and the modded PC version. Had to jump through a few hoops to get the PC version working properly, and even then it crashed fairly often. It was an interesting experience, and certainly playable, but if I were going to play SR2 for a third time, I'd go back to peasantland to do it. Way less hassle, and the mods didn't really add all that much of interest.

Not that I'd ever want to play SR2 a third time, I think.
While I did like SR2 - I'd rather play SR3. SR3 is just flat-out awesome.

SR4 is pretty good, as well.

SR: Gat Out Of Hell needs some main quests + a MP3 Radio Station, TBH.

bread's done
Back