Fanatical Thread

shun.jpg
Hey now, don't be so harsh guys, we wouldn't have cool memes if it weren't for people dedicating their lives to the arts.

Havoc Bundle - $2.99[customspoiler=Includes]
  • 99 Spirits
  • Cloud Chamber
  • Desert Ashes
  • Dungeon Lurk II - Leona
  • Fly'N
  • Kick-Ass 2
  • LEVEL 22
  • Poof vs The Cursed Kitty
  • Robot Rescue Revolution
  • Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
[/customspoiler]

Wait... what?

Kick-Ass 2? The game I wasted a 20% off GamersGate coupon on thinking it would be removed from sale soon?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh well maybe now the card prices will go down. *tries to sell his foil*

Edit:

Some guy had the card I had up for $5.75. He now has it up for $23.43... so I listed mine for $5. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kinda excited at seeing Kick Ass 2 in a bundle. Until I noticed I have every  fuck ing single other  fuck ing game in the  fuck ing bundle.  :bs:

That's better.
Okay, I'll just say this about these films: they were trying to be satirical but they veered off track and jumped feet first into essentially endorsing citizen vigilantism. I thought the second one might fix the problems in the first one and it started out looking like it would but then it followed the exact same track. In fact at the end,
when all of the "heroes" are on the roof and talking about what happened and Donald Faison's character says something like, "You know this was a one-time thing and we can never do this again, right?"--at that point, it looked like the movie kind of "got it," but then it ended with the Hit Girl character doing her thing in another city and the Kick-Ass guy buffing up so he could continue on as well
and that's when I realized, "No, the writer of this sequel wasn't trying to actually do it right this time, he was just trying to make a buck, because, hey, if you don't have to think about it too hard, then it sells a lot more tickets and DVDs."

Wait... what?

Kick-Ass 2? The game I wasted a 20% off GamersGate coupon on thinking it would be removed from sale soon?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh well maybe now the card prices will go down. *tries to sell his foil*

Edit:

Some guy had the card I had up for $5.75. He now has it up for $23.43... so I listed mine for $5. :p
the game itself is pretty bad. I would have bought your card .. just to avoid having it in my library

Touchdown Bundle - $1.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Bloodbath
  • Chicken Shoot Gold
  • Ducati World Championship
  • Foosball - Street Edition
  • Front Page Sports Football
  • GAUGE
  • Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition
  • New Star Soccer 5
[/customspoiler]
Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle - $4.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
  • Tropico 4: The Academy DLC
  • Tropico 4: Apocalypse DLC
  • Tropico 4: Junta Military DLC
  • Tropico 4: Megalopolis DLC
  • Tropico 4: Modern Times DLC
  • Tropico 4: Pirate Heaven DLC
  • Tropico 4: Plantador DLC
  • Tropico 4: Propaganda! DLC
  • Tropico 4: Quick-dry Cement DLC
  • Tropico 4: Vigilante DLC
  • Tropico 4: Voodoo DLC
[/customspoiler]

• Bloodbath
  • Chicken Shoot Gold
  • GAUGE
  • New Star Soccer 5
[/customspoiler]
Lots of new games for me. There are a few stinkers in there, but Foosball looks fun.

I wonder if more people will be disappointed that FrontPage Sports Football is actually football, and not soccer... or that it's a shitty game, regardless of what sport it really is?

Lots of new games for me. There are a few stinkers in there, but Foosball looks fun.

I wonder if more people will be disappointed that FrontPage Sports Football is actually football, and not soccer... or that it's a shitty game, regardless of what sport it really is?
I'm wondering whether this is in fact the ancient Sierra release Front Page Sports Football, in which case the bigger question might be whether anyone knows they're buying a 25-year-old game.

EDIT: The Foosball game just looks like a "street" soccer game. That one is definitely a misnomer.

I guess I should note that Ducati World Championship (2007) is generally compared to no-name clearance-bin PS2 racing game.  The sound design is notable for being truly awful.  It is also quite possibly a reworked version of Ducati World Racing Challenge (2001).

Governor of Poker is pretty good, but very very grindy if you care about following the story.  The actual poker is solid, and has some nice little additions over traditional card games, such as the ability to show your hand after a successful bluff in an attempt to put your opponent on tilt.  It also has a neat feature that will spit out custom desktop wallpapers with your accumulated in-game trophies.

Didn't even play Foosball for an hour before I was bored with it.  Looks cute, but plays dull.

New Star Soccer 5 is a bit of a mixed bag.  I played a ton of earlier iterations of that series, back when it had no graphics beyond text and matches were played more like a solo D&D game (You are dribbling the ball, 15 yards from the goal.  A defender is closing down on you.  Press 1 to pass the ball.  Press 2 to attempt a shot.  Press 3 to perform a skill move) where everything was handled with dice rolls.  Now it has an actual engine where you are controlling your player in-game.  After playing FIFA and PES create-a-player modes, this feels insanely clunky and unintuitive.  I can't imagine anybody new to the franchise trying it out and playing for more than a few minutes.  

I'm wondering whether this is in fact the ancient Sierra release Front Page Sports Football, in which case the bigger question might be whether anyone knows they're buying a 25-year-old game.
I saw the title on Steam a month or so back and got really excited wondering what they had done to get it working on modern systems. I was disappointed to learn it had nothing to do with that old classic. One of my favorite games ever.

• Bloodbath
  • Chicken Shoot Gold
  • GAUGE
  • New Star Soccer 5
[/customspoiler]
Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle - $4.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
  • Tropico 4: The Academy DLC
  • Tropico 4: Apocalypse DLC
  • Tropico 4: Junta Military DLC
  • Tropico 4: Megalopolis DLC
  • Tropico 4: Modern Times DLC
  • Tropico 4: Pirate Heaven DLC
  • Tropico 4: Plantador DLC
  • Tropico 4: Propaganda! DLC
  • Tropico 4: Quick-dry Cement DLC
  • Tropico 4: Vigilante DLC
  • Tropico 4: Voodoo DLC
[/customspoiler]
Touchdown Bundle's a pretty reasonable price. Think I only have Chicken Shoot and GAUGE. I kind of wish they'd included more stuff from the Beautiful Game Bundle (which I missed unsurprisingly) but whatever.

Tropico 4 is pretty much the collection on Steam for 88% off or whatever. It's not bad if you missed out on the glitch.

What are you talking about? We already have PES and FIFA.

Oh, you meant American Football? Where you only kick the ball like once every five minutes?
Oh if you think it lacks kicking now, just wait until they approve the new kicking rules. Narrower goal posts and extra point further back. Many kickers fear they might get rid of them altogether.

Which is pretty easy when you make every scorable action worth, what is it, ten points? It's like junior's first ball game.
I guess I should've said goals instead of points. Not that I care much for either (or any) sport, I'm more interested in being snarky over the interwebs.

Yeah, they also love to take really long breaks during a game period for some reason. It's like they don't even want to play.
As opposed to all the breaks when soccer players fake injuries and fall to the ground like wimps, even after no real contact. In real football, the injuries are real!

I guess that isn't a good thing though...

As opposed to all the breaks when soccer players fake injuries and fall to the ground like wimps, even after no real contact. In real football, the injuries are real!

I guess that isn't a good thing though...
Tell that to these guys.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg-Asnvga0w[/youtube]

bread's done
Back