Fanatical Thread

You can thank me for that bundle. :D

9vWWiiB.png

sTF00Wr.png

pIPYuRa.png

CO20KAU.png

BQFFA5b.png

Great bundle, I don't have any of those games.
But for $5? And to build it up like the second coming of Christ when they should be doing less rehashed shit in the first place?

I don't know why I bother having expectations for bundle sites.

i bet that is it. Not a terrible bundle, but would be better at 2.99
Seriously? I don't normally praise BS, but this bundle is one of the best I've seen in the past few months..
y u not b cheep?

Last edited by a moderator:
But for $5? And to build it up like the second coming of Christ when they should be doing less rehashed shit in the first place?

I don't know why I bother having expectations for bundle sites.

y u not be cheep?
Yeah, it's definitely worth $5. Extremely rare to find a bundle with zero repeats these days, and some of these games appear to be high quality, and the ones that don't (Dark) still interest me.

You can thank me for that bundle. :D
Should've called it the Madjoki bundle.

it would be great at a lower price point. it is good for $5
Yeah same. I mean I ain't sayin I ain't buying it, but I'm such a cheap bastard now that any bundle above $3 seems high to me.

Also, I was expecting, I don't know, something more surpriseful?

If this was a Humble Weekly or something with a locked BTA, i'd be in for $6. +10 and all of them have positive community reviews, which doesn't always equal quality games, but compared to the typical bundletrash this looks to be a solid bundle.

edit:

Yeah same. I mean I ain't sayin I ain't buying it, but I'm such a cheap bastard now that any bundle above $3 seems high to me.

Also, I was expecting, I don't know, something more surpriseful?
The surprise is some of us like something from bundlestars. That's pretty damned surpriseful.

True, I suppose I should be surprised I am buying a Bundlestars bundle (even if I'm grumbling a little over $5).

And I hardly ever buy Humble over $1 anymore but as for as public opinion,  they are so mainstream and get so many console people and casuals that they'll think their prices are cheap no matter what they charge. Humble is Humble and can pretty much get away with anything at this point.

Anyway, the BIG surprise will probably end up being 50% off all Bundlefest bundles on the last day of Bundlefest...after I already purchased them all.

Let's not kid ourselves. Bundles are the gateway to PC gaming/hoarding. At first the high of a bunch of new games on the relative cheap is about as good as it gets. After a while, your backlog builds up a tolerance to the regular stuff and it takes some top end shit to give you anywhere close to that same initial high. All most bundles do for the regs now is maintain us with scarce +1's or provide some ancillary feels with cards and whatnot. I forgot what I was really trying to convey, so I'll just sit here and eat my Mary Sue Pecan Nougat Egg.

That... is a pretty good bundle.

What version of Onikira is included in this? Standard or Contributors? I don't see a way to buy the soundtrack and art stuff separately.

I'm only interested in seven games (racing ain't my thing, and I'd rather have Z at GOG.)

I'm pretty go for this bundle....7/10 w/ cards.  I think I can throw $5 on it.  I haven't been at this long enough to have so many repeats so I should be able to throw some money at these folks. 

I'll also be hosting a "how to" class on discussing any budgetary discrepancies w/ significant others in the event there are qualms w/ your purchasing decisions.

^^ I haven't pulled the trigger for this reason. Playing the Brett Favre card... ^^
One of the things I told them on their feedback is their bundles last so long there's really not a huge incentive to buy right away instead of waiting around and seeing if those games get rebundled elsewhere cheaper. This one is actually shorter than most of theirs too.

y u troll us
But it has like little digital stickers and shit!

Let's not kid ourselves. Bundles are the gateway to PC gaming/hoarding. At first the high of a bunch of new games on the relative cheap is about as good as it gets. After a while, your backlog builds up a tolerance to the regular stuff and it takes some top end shit to give you anywhere close to that same initial high. All most bundles do for the regs now is maintain us with scarce +1's or provide some ancillary feels with cards and whatnot. I forgot what I was really trying to convey, so I'll just sit here and eat my Mary Sue Pecan Nougat Egg.
ma09_foodforthought.jpg

Seriously? I don't normally praise BS, but this bundle is one of the best I've seen in the past few months..
10 games, $5 = .50/game. No repeats. I'm happy.

A couple of these games were on my wishlist as well, so bonus there. I'm almost afraid to see the rest of the bundles they have planned this week. Steam library = happy. Wallet = not so much. Likely, though, this is the best one and the others will return to their normal mix of 60% rehash, 40% new (YMMV).

Well, at the very least I'm happy that I finally get to contemplate playing DARK.

I know Tebow likes it, so it must be excellent.

Have they said if/when the second bundle will launch today?

Wow, this hasn't happene in a long time, but I don't own any of these games.  I'm still gonna let the timer countdown a bit before I pull the trigger.  My luck, I'll probably Gilby it in two weeks.

That... is a pretty good bundle.

What version of Onikira is included in this? Standard or Contributors? I don't see a way to buy the soundtrack and art stuff separately.

I'm only interested in seven games (racing ain't my thing, and I'd rather have Z at GOG.)
I doubt it's contributor, it's two pack so they would've advertised that.

"The Fully Loaded Bundle is the first of 10 bundles this week for Bundle Fest X2. We will be launching 2 bundles a day until Friday. Then we will be having a lie-down!"

"Some of the bundles have shorter runs so they won't all be live at the same time I'm afraid."

"Not necessarily every 12 hours - Just two bundles a day :)"

DARK is so bad/unpopular, it doesn't show up on the store search bar, and then in the search results, not until the middle of page 2.

Don't think I've ever bought from Bundle Stars -- do they ever have promos or does the price remain constant?  Thinking Wrack and Dark are worth $5 alone... mostly because I have no interest in the other crap.

Don't think I've ever bought from Bundle Stars -- do they ever have promos or does the price remain constant? Thinking Wrack and Dark are worth $5 alone... mostly because I have no interest in the other crap.
Sometimes they have a first 24/48 hour price iirc. The only price drop I recall was last Cyber Monday when they added a 25/28% coupon.

Don't think I've ever bought from Bundle Stars -- do they ever have promos or does the price remain constant? Thinking Wrack and Dark are worth $5 alone... mostly because I have no interest in the other crap.
If they do a promo, it's likely an opening discount. I don't recall them pulling a gala or royal and changing the price later. Stealth killing and necro'ing old bundles are more their thing.

I think there has been a handful of "50% off bundle prices" before, but I can't be bothered to look it up, so better to just assume the standard bundle promotion policy: it won't go on discount until you buy it.

Hah! I was considering buying Super Toy Cars during the sale, but decided not to at the last minute. My "don't buy indie games from Steam" rule is working pretty well.

Hah! I was considering buying Super Toy Cars during the sale, but decided not to at the last minute. My "don't buy indie games from Steam" rule is working pretty well.
I bought it almost a year ago when it first came out (it was Early Access prior to the 'official' release date in June) plus gifted it to a couple of people and we did play so it I don't feel bad. They went a really long time without bundling it so I think most who got it don't feel stiffed. There's some indie games though and it's like release and then a week later bundle that make you really think twice about buying indie games for sure.

For this one though I think if it's your genre and you really intended to play it then buying it at release for $5 ish (EA price plus sale) and then not seeing it bundled for the better part of a year is really not that bad.

It was also one of the rare Early Access games that was already pretty well put together at release on Steam and didn't linger in Early Access too long either.

The second bundle launched: The Vendetta Bundle is back.

• Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • Alien Rage: Unlimited
  • Disciples III: Reincarnation
  • Deadly 30 - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
  • Muffin Knight
  • Fearless Fantasy
  • Iron Grip: Warlord
  • Iron Grip: Warlord - Scorched Earth DLC
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon

Gee, I hope every second bundle isn't just gonna be dug up from bundles past.

"The Fully Loaded Bundle is the first of 10 bundles this week for Bundle Fest X2. We will be launching 2 bundles a day until Friday. Then we will be having a lie-down!"

"Some of the bundles have shorter runs so they won't all be live at the same time I'm afraid."

"Not necessarily every 12 hours - Just two bundles a day :)"
When they say shorter runs I assume they mean some bundles will have less time on the counter? I'm kind of interested in the Fully Loaded bundle, but there's two weeks left on the counter so I'd like to see what the other bundles are first in case there's something else more interesting. I'm hoping they won't just be ending bundles regardless of how much time is left on the counter.

When they say shorter runs I assume they mean some bundles will have less time on the counter? I'm kind of interested in the Fully Loaded bundle, but there's two weeks left on the counter so I'd like to see what the other bundles are first in case there's something else more interesting. I'm hoping they won't just be ending bundles regardless of how much time is left on the counter.
Yes. The Vendetta Bundle will only run for three days, there's two days and some hours left on that bundle's counter. Fully Loaded has a normal two-week run.

It probably has something to do with the poll Bundlestars had on their site about what "new" feature people wanted added to the site.

Looks like it's still up. They range from useless to mediocre, take your pick.

bspoll.jpg
chose other

specified, "free bundles for Count Burgula and friends"

Isn't that everyone's rule at this point? I rarely buy indie games from steam.
Clearly not, or we wouldn't get "you can thank me for that" posts after some bundles launch.

I bought it almost a year ago when it first came out (it was Early Access prior to the 'official' release date in June) plus gifted it to a couple of people and we did play so it I don't feel bad. They went a really long time without bundling it so I think most who got it don't feel stiffed. There's some indie games though and it's like release and then a week later bundle that make you really think twice about buying indie games for sure.

For this one though I think if it's your genre and you really intended to play it then buying it at release for $5 ish (EA price plus sale) and then not seeing it bundled for the better part of a year is really not that bad.

It was also one of the rare Early Access games that was already pretty well put together at release on Steam and didn't linger in Early Access too long either.
It's not bad if you play it and it takes a year to be bundled, but it would have been if you'd bought it during the last sale (as I was considering.)

I'm not sure this will generate much interest, but I'll toss it out here: I'd like to split a Fully Loaded if anyone's interested. I'd like Dark, Survival of the Sleep, Super Toy Cars, The Detail, and Z. You would get Wrack, BlazeRush, Onikira, Magnetic by Nature, and The Joylancer. PM if interested and how you'd like to split the $; I can do a straight $2.50 or maybe a $3.50/$1.50. 

I'm not sure this will generate much interest, but I'll toss it out here: I'd like to split a Fully Loaded if anyone's interested. I'd like Dark, Survival of the Sleep, Super Toy Cars, The Detail, and Z. You would get Wrack, BlazeRush, Onikira, Magnetic by Nature, and The Joylancer. PM if interested and how you'd like to split the $; I can do a straight $2.50 or maybe a $3.50/$1.50.
damn , i'm only interested in dark..and for the second rebundle only in Sniper 2 and Alien Rage Unlimited..i'd like to see if someone want split Bundle too.

bread's done
Back