Fanatical Thread

5868f4a2be832eb5850de863a1a29086.jpg

I love that these BundleSharts deals are so great that it has devolved into MysterD mom jokes and animated wrestling gifs....'MURIKA!!!!!!!
Deals in general have gone down the tubes, TBH. It's amazing that with so many games on sale - over 1000 - on BundleStars, there's not much of anything groundbreaking, new, or anything.

Meh.

Oh, and one more thing....

brock-lesnar-belly-to-belly-suplex-big-show-o.gif

Okay, enough with the sweaty manflesh already. Let's try to keep some balance here, alright?

Rear_Naked_Choke-1.gif

See? Balance. Balance and clipping. Mostly clipping.

Real talk: My girlfriend (now wife) and I use to play the shit out of the first Rumble Roses on the PS2. Got the one for the 360 and it just wasnt the same. Wish I still had that first game...and Def Jam Vendetta.

Real talk: My girlfriend (now wife) and I use to play the shit out of the first Rumble Roses on the PS2.
I remember being too embarrassed to rent that from Blockbuster. Now I probably have hundreds of cartoon boobie games on my steam account that I don't even know about.

Not sure if that's more or less embarrassing...

[Looks on Reddit, since BundleStars' site looks so cluttered.]

Yup, doesn't look like much new or groundbreaking is on sale w/ them, AGAIN.

These sales are starting to get very disappointing, for the most part, over the last how many years. Ugh.

Bundlestars got really screwy for me. I usually use Paypal but I tried to order something and it wouldn't let me choose my preferred Paypal payment. Says it's not available for this order. I tried Steam just to try and it works there. Something screwy there at Bundlestars.

Bundlestars got really screwy for me. I usually use Paypal but I tried to order something and it wouldn't let me choose my preferred Paypal payment. Says it's not available for this order. I tried Steam just to try and it works there. Something screwy there at Bundlestars.
Got Rocket League off Bundlestars today with no issues using paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me. Bought the Arkham Origins bundle and couldn't do Paypal CC. It would only let me use debit even if I added a card. I ended up just using a Virtual CC instead.

For me it would just be Unbox, Cluster Truck and Last Station...not sure if worth it, unless someone can convince me on those games. I missed that Humble Bundle, or I wouldn't even be thinking of this bundle.

For me it would just be Unbox, Cluster Truck and Last Station...not sure if worth it, unless someone can convince me on those games. I missed that Humble Bundle, or I wouldn't even be thinking of this bundle.
Yeah. Those are what I'm looking at, too. (Well, and one or two DLC for Vanguard Princess.) Last Station is really tempting, but I'd guess it makes its way into more bundles soon.

I've been wanting to play Unbox and I Am Bread, so I'll jump in for those alone and sell off any unwanted keys.  If I've never played a Shadowrun game, can I start with the game that's bundled here?

Yeah, they're all standalone. Dragonfall is my clear-cut favorite of the three games on Steam (Dragonfall > Hong Kong >> Returns; Boston Lockdown doesn't even exist IMO) so it's a fine place to start.

I've played Shadowrun Returns...and I thought that was great, actually.

I've had both Dragonfall & Hong Kong for a while - yeah, I guess I really should get around to playing those, eh? A lot of people prefer those two over SR Returns.

Damn backlogs...

Returns is a fine enough game, just that Dragonfall took the foundation of that game and improved upon it in a number of important areas. It's got better writing, better story, better character development, better pacing, and an overhauled UI in combat.  I think it would be tough to go back to Returns after playing through Dragonfall if only because of the small quality of life improvements that the sequel added.

Hong Kong isn't nearly the step up that Dragonfall was but they did re-work Matrix gameplay a bit. Story wasn't as good in HK but was fairly strong nonetheless.

If you liked Returns I think you'd love Dragonfall and HK. That series as a whole ended up being one of the best I've played in a long time.

I've played Shadowrun Returns...and I thought that was great, actually.

I've had both Dragonfall & Hong Kong for a while - yeah, I guess I really should get around to playing those, eh? A lot of people prefer those two over SR Returns.

Damn backlogs...
Returns was my first and it was great! Dragon Fall was taking such greatness to a new height. You should try them out.

BTW this deals with Bundlestars but not a deal. Actually messaged their support to see what the heck was up with Paypal not allowing me to use my usual pay choice. I even dropped and re-added said choice, but it doesn't work there. According to them when any buyer (e.g. you) checks out, a security check is done on the PayPal account and the payment and our security system determines what funding sources are available for use for the transaction.  In most cases, the buyer will have the use of all available funding sources but sometimes it may restrict certain ones based on a combination of factors. So I guess my usual source isn't good enough...just will equal a lot less Bundlestars purchases when I have to use my CC or something.

Each and every one of these fine pieces of software should be considered the absolute pinnacle of digital art. It would be utter folly to try and single out just one to rise above the rest.

What's the best game in this bundle?
It depends on what kind of casual games you like.

Like Indef, I liked Pickers a lot.

If you're more into action, I thought Luxor Evolved was very good. Glowfish is pretty decent as is Luxor Mahjong and any of the Seven Wonders games.

It's really overkill on Luxor and Seven Wonders, but they're all pretty well-made casual games, and a dollar is an incredible price.

Good deal for a solid game if you like the Assassin's Creed/Far Cry style of 'open world' games.

Mad Max feels a bit generic but is overall fun to play for ten or so hours.
Agreed @ the underlined and bolded stuff.

I really liked the mix of Batman Arkham style of combat (even though that is kind of beat-to-death by now) and especially the vehicular combat.

Plus, that Mad Max game runs like a dream on both my 4GB 960m laptop and my desktop PC with GTX 970. It just both runs & looks great.

Agreed @ the underlined and bolded stuff.

I really liked the mix of Batman Arkham style of combat (even though that is kind of beat-to-death by now) and especially the vehicular combat.

Plus, that Mad Max game runs like a dream on both my 4GB 960m laptop and my desktop PC with GTX 970. It just both runs & looks great.
Agreed @ the underlined, bolded, red text that I converted into fullwidth font for additional emphasis.

I had fun with Mad Max all the way through except for that horrible racing sequence.  Liked the combat much more than Shadow of Mordor since MM let me concentrate on a couple mooks at a time with nice crunchy punches and tackles whereas SoM always turned into some ridiculous 9,000 orc slog.  Mad Max ain't a perfect game (boss fights are repetitive for instance) but it's fun and absolutely for $4 if you somehow don't own it yet.

By 'generic' I meant there isn't much going on.  One town/hub is pretty much the same as the next as are the enemy outposts and various locations.  Lack of effort for what was originally a $50-60 AAA title.  But, then again, a lot of AAA titles are showing a lack of effort in world design these days past few several years.

But, yes, for $4 it's a no-brainer purchase.

One town/hub is pretty much the same as the next as are the enemy outposts and various locations.
Are you kidding? At one outpost you find a photo of a kitten and listen to Max say "I remember kittens. They were so fluffy. But they are all dead now and nothing is fluffy in the wastes." and in another outpost you find a postcard of a flower and listen to Max say "Flowers were so pretty. But they're all dead now and nothing is pretty in the wastes."

I think maybe the subtle differences are too highbrow for a gamer like yourself.

bread's done
Back