Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

I think kembrell I have more faith in he had the targets and I feel like floyd isn't gonna be used in the red zone that'll be left for fitz

Who should I start at WR? Our point system is different, it's 1 point per 5 yards receiving and rushing. PPR. Big bonuses at 100 yards and 150 yards. So yardage is the point maker for them...

WR: A.J. Green
WR: Hakeem Nicks
WR: Mike Wallace

BN: Reggie Wayne
BN: Miles Austin
BN: Darius Heyward-Bey
BN: Denarius Moore
BN: Steve Smith

I am hoping that I can drop C. Shorts for Edleman but i am fifth in the waiver order.

Also would you risk dropping the Vikings defense which is my second defense on the bench to pick up the Raiders defense to start against the Jags?

Would you guys hold on to Vereen even though he wont be back till week 11?
Depends what's all on your roster and if you want to afford a bench spot for him, but otherwise I'd say he's pretty safe to drop. I wouldn't wait until week 11 to pick him back up but I wouldn't think there'd be too many people willing to stash him.

Raven's D (vs. Browns) or Raider's D (vs. Jaguars)?

I'm leaning towards the Ravens. I didn't see either of the Browns or Jaguars game so I couldn't compare which offense was worse.
Both are good options. I'm trying to decide myself this week between the Bengals (vs. Steelers) or the Ravens. I consider Cincy my "starting" DST, and the Steelers offense was pathetic in Week 1, but I'm a Steelers fan and I hate splitting my loyalties like that (so kudos to me for drafting both Cincinnati and Baltimore DST's) I'd go Oakland; the Ravens D can't be as bad as Denver made them look in the opener, but they make me nervous after that shitshow.

Who should I start at WR? Our point system is different, it's 1 point per 5 yards receiving and rushing. PPR. Big bonuses at 100 yards and 150 yards. So yardage is the point maker for them...

WR: A.J. Green
WR: Hakeem Nicks
WR: Mike Wallace

BN: Reggie Wayne
BN: Miles Austin
BN: Darius Heyward-Bey
BN: Denarius Moore
BN: Steve Smith
Wow, that is some serious depth at WR. Green is a must-start of course, and I'd go with Nicks and Wayne with him.

I am hoping that I can drop C. Shorts for Edleman but i am fifth in the waiver order.

Also would you risk dropping the Vikings defense which is my second defense on the bench to pick up the Raiders defense to start against the Jags?
Raiders are a very good option this week, but who is your #1 D?

Would you guys hold on to Vereen even though he wont be back till week 11?
I'd drop him. That's too long to keep a dead spot on your roster.

I have Cecil Shorts as my flex would you drop him for Julius Edelman?
Keep Shorts, played every snap for the Jags, had 11 targets, and they play Oakland next. 3/11 on receptions because Gabbert is hot garbage, Henne will be in Week 2 and hopefully let them compete at least because he's definitely more competent than 9-finger Gab. He's far and away the best receiver on that team even when Blackmon comes back so he'll be good as the season goes on.
japaki - yeah I agree actually. Thompkins really had alotta targets.

winterice - I'd maybe wait until after Week 2 for Blackmon but it's a good move either way imo. Also I'm rolling with Baltimore vs. Cleveland but that's because they're my starting DST and I don't wanna keep another DST on my roster like I did last week with Tampa Bay. If they flop again I'm dropping and just playing DSTs on a week-to-week basis.

ajh2298 - dropping the Vikings DST ain't a risk at all, not worth keeping, go for it. They're waiver wire material.

Miami_13 - Agreed with everyone, Green/Nicks/Wayne

Keeping Vereen stashed in my PPR since I'm pretty solid overall, but might have to drop elsewhere due to a Week 11 return. Ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
Some advice on which WR's to start this week:

Marques Colston vs TB

Kenbrell Thompkins vs NYJ

Doug Baldwin vs SF

James Jones vs WAS

Emmanuel Sanders vs CIN

Leonard Hankerson vs GB

Leaning towards Colston, Thompkins, and Baldwin.

in another league, trying to decide on the flex:

Jason Witten vs KC

Torrey Smith vs CLE

Kenbrell Thopmkins vs NYJ

Sidney Rice vs SF

Alfred Morris vs GB

Green Bay who plays Washington this week.
Yeah, Oakland is probably a better option this week.

Marques Colston vs TB

Doug Baldwin vs SF

James Jones vs WAS

Emmanuel Sanders vs CIN

Leonard Hankerson vs GB

Jason Witten vs KC

Torrey Smith vs CLE

Sidney Rice vs SF

Alfred Morris vs GB
I think I'd go Colston, Baldwin, and Hankerson.

I'd go Tate.  He'll get some touches, especially if they get a big lead.  I think Houston is going to be careful not to overwork Foster in these first few weeks.

I'm torn over which DST to start- Cincinnati (vs. Steelers) or Baltimore (vs. Browns)  Both of my DST's opponents looked pathetic in week 1, but the Ravens got torched (true, it was Denver doing the torching, and Cleveland is no Denver)  I drafted the Bengals to be my main DST, but I'm a Steelers fan, so I'm hoping they win this week.  Not sure which way to go.  Any help?

You think dez bryant will be effective sunday or should I start eric decker, joqueie bell, edelman in his place 10 team standard lleague other wr is wes welker?

In my other 10 team ppr league I have cecil shorts but am debating putting in either kembrell thompkins or edelman and dropping mark ingram for j. Bell.. thoughts?

My opinion has always been that you don't even consider sitting an elite level player until he has 3 duds in a row, because a talented guy is almost always going to break out of it. Dez was way too good last year to consider sitting in Week 2, no matter what he did against the Giants. Also, you have to look at exactly what happened in that game. The Giants almost always had Dez double-teamed and were desperate to avoid the big play, making Romo beat them with someone else and go underneath. And that's what he did. Austin and Witten had a ton of short-range catches.

Marques Colston vs TB

Doug Baldwin vs SF

James Jones vs WAS

Emmanuel Sanders vs CIN

Leonard Hankerson vs GB

Jason Witten vs KC

Torrey Smith vs CLE

Sidney Rice vs SF

Alfred Morris vs GB
1. Colston/Thompkins/Hankerson. 2x with Danimal.

2. Witten/Morris/Thompkins/Torrey in that order. Hell of a bench, damn. In standard I might flip-flop on Morris or Witten but Witten is getting good looks in the red zone especially when Dez is under double coverage. Love his outlook and Morris will be going against Green Bay, whose secondary is looking extremely week but kept Gore to 21 attempts/44 yards (2.1 YPC). Morris should bounce back after that pitiful Philly game but still shaky.

You think dez bryant will be effective sunday or should I start eric decker, joqueie bell, edelman in his place 10 team standard lleague other wr is wes welker?

In my other 10 team ppr league I have cecil shorts but am debating putting in either kembrell thompkins or edelman and dropping mark ingram for j. Bell.. thoughts?
Edelman vs. the Jets is like free money. Thompkins too. I like Cecil against Oakland tho. I believe Brady should have a field day and show out for TNF so I'm going Pats WR's. Edelman should continue to beast

I'd still keep Dez in the lineup if reports continue to look neutral as the week continues. & I'd see what Ingram can do next and if he duds again pick him up, unless you have any other options for Bell. I just read PPR too, I actually do that for Bell because they use him well in the passing game too.

My other options at rb are cj spiller reggie bush and trent richardson. Mark ingram is my bench boy
You win. Were the other owners on some sort of drug? & Since you have Reggie and those guys I'd definitely just go ahead and handcuff Bush in-case he runs into trouble down the line.

Looking for help in a standard scoring league for my flex position.

Rueben Randle vs Den

Joique Bell @ Ari

If Bell, would you then start either Thompkins or Randle over Dwayne Bowe instead?

Everything I read about bowe makes me worried should I start thompkins shorts and desean this week or thompkins bowe desean jackson

Wanted to get everybody's opinion about who to start this week as I keep going back and forth.  The league is .5 PPR, 1 pt/10yards rushing/receiving.  I need 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex WR/TE from the following group:

C.J. Spiller vs. Carolina

Maurice Jones-Drew vs. Oakland

Eddie Lacy vs. Washington

Roddy White (Questionable) vs. St. Louis

Demaryius Thomas vs. Giants

Jordy Nelson vs. Washington

Lance Moore vs. Tampa Bay

Alshon Jeffery vs. Minnesota

Jordan Cameron vs. Baltimore

Martellus Bennett vs. Minnesota

I'm leaning towards Spiller, MJD, Thomas, Nelson, Bennett, and Cameron, though I have considered putting Lacy in for MJD and Moore as the Flex for Bennett.

Everything I read about bowe makes me worried should I start thompkins shorts and desean this week or thompkins bowe desean jackson
I'd go K. Thompkins, C. Shorts and D. Jackson. The problem with D. Bowe is that Alex Smith doesn't throw deep a lot. You have to rely on Bowe breaking tackles on the short and intermediate routes for yards/TDs.

Well, K. Thompkins is now firmally a bench player. Apparently, T. Brady + few rec. options + high target rates =/= Points.
Thinking the same thing myself. Kept flip flopping on him and started him at the last minute before I left for work earlier tonight. I figured the Jets would be a good matchup. Tom Brady is even killing me in another league. At least Edelman scored nicely for me in my PPR.

Lions d/st or chiefs d/st?
Tough call. The Cowboys looked AWFUL last week and if Dez and Romo aren't healthy they have nothing.plus you have the Chiefs at home who always play tough there (when they have a decent team, which I think they do). Lions are away and they have the Cards who can score now that they hav e a 1/2 way decent QB. I'd probably lean towards the Chiefs but I'm only feeling about 60% sure that's the right call.

Anyone got any opinions for my flex spot? I'm debating between Montee Ball (who was barely used last week) and Hakeem Nicks. I'm leaning towards Nicks until the Broncos show that Ball will be a big part of the game plan. Also, I'm a huge Giants fan and these teams play each other and I already have Peyton as my QB who I hope shits the bed so I think I need to put Nicks in just for my sanity.

Any help?

WR- Boldin, Hartline, Decker (benched)  T.Y Hilton (benched)

RB-Deangelo Williams, Darren Mcfadden, Cj Spiller, David Wilson (bench)

TE-Fred Davis or Pettigrew?

I really hope Brady starts getting me more points :(

I haven't asked for advice in a while, but I could use some this week.

I need to fill one more WR and My Flex with these 4 guys in a PPR league:

Steve Smith

DeSean Jackson

Hakeem Nicks

Chris Johnson

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Reggie Bush or Steven Jackson?

(Non PPR)
Even non-PPR, I like Bush this week.

Any help?

WR- Boldin, Hartline, Decker (benched) T.Y Hilton (benched)

RB-Deangelo Williams, Darren Mcfadden, Cj Spiller, David Wilson (bench)

TE-Fred Davis or Pettigrew?

I really hope Brady starts getting me more points :(
I'd go with Hartline and Boldin (although I wouldn't expect Boldin to come close to the numbers he put up last week), Spiller and McFadden, and Davis.

M. Austin or C. Shorts as my flex this week?
Shorts.

I haven't asked for advice in a while, but I could use some this week.

I need to fill one more WR and My Flex with these 4 guys in a PPR league:

Steve Smith

DeSean Jackson

Hakeem Nicks

Chris Johnson

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Hmmm... I actually like all four of these guys this week. CJ2K has another tough matchup, but the Titans are talking a lot about wanting to re-establish the run, so he might have another 25 carries this week, and if he does, he'll do better than the 70 yards he had last week. For that reason, I think I'd go CJ and Nicks (to keep up with Denver, I think Eli is going to throw and throw and throw...) I feel like you have a decent shot at productive days from whichever two you start, though.

I'm torn over which DST to start- Cincinnati (vs. Steelers) or Baltimore (vs. Browns) Both of my DST's opponents looked pathetic in week 1, but the Ravens got torched (true, it was Denver doing the torching, and Cleveland is no Denver) I drafted the Bengals to be my main DST, but I'm a Steelers fan, so I'm hoping they win this week. Not sure which way to go. Any help?
I decided to go with the Ravens so I can enjoy watching the Steelers-Bengals game Monday night without split loyalties. Playing with my heart over my head, or a solid start at DST?

Even with a tender groin? I also have the Raiders defense going against him.
Yeah, I'd still go with him. Keep an eye on the injury report Sunday, though, in case he's a late scratch, but what I'm reading right now is that he should play. I do hate playing one of my guys against my own DST, but I just think he's a better option than Austin. At least until Blackmon comes back.

I decided to go with the Ravens so I can enjoy watching the Steelers-Bengals game Monday night without split loyalties. Playing with my heart over my head, or a solid start at DST?
I still think the Ravens are a solid start. No Manning, no Mile High elevation to deal with this week. Weeden still doesn't have a deep threat with Josh Gordon on suspension; the Ravens had a good pass rush last week and should force Weeden into some mistakes.

Who should I start CAG? Pick 2:

Ahmad Bradshaw
Mike Williams
Torrey Smith

Thank you for your help as always.
Of the three, I would pick Mike Williams first. I don't believe in the Saints D.

Torrey Smith will be shadowed by Joe Haden all game which makes him a risky play. I guess I would lean toward Bradshaw as your second starter since he'll be guaranteed touches, Albeit against a stout Miami Run D.

bread's done
Back