Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

D. Baldwin or T.Y. Hilton this week as my flex? Baldwin is at home against the Jags and Hilton is on the road against the 49ers.

Also is worth dropping Baldwin after this weekend and going after Avery or D. Moore?

Any news on if NE is going to sign David Nelson? I picked him up just in case but haven't heard anything.
I haven't heard anything. Nelson was cut by the Browns, though. Yeesh. How bad do you have to be to get cut by the Browns?

D. Baldwin or T.Y. Hilton this week as my flex? Baldwin is at home against the Jags and Hilton is on the road against the 49ers.

Also is worth dropping Baldwin after this weekend and going after Avery or D. Moore?
I think I'd start Hilton at flex, but I'd rather have Baldwin than Avery or Moore.

Cecil shorts floyd or thompkins in the wr3 spot?
I'd go Floyd.

James Starks, Lance Moore, Chris Givens, or Kenbrell Thompkins for my PPR flex spot?
I'd also go Starks.

Michael Floyd, K. Thompkins, Daniel Thomas, Montee Ball or Marcus Wheaton in the flex. Standard league non-ppr.
Hmmm, I think I'd go Floyd. Thompkins is always tempting, but until he has that first big game with Brady, I wouldn't trust him enough to start him.

I think I am going Baldwin over Hilton due to the matchup with the Jags. Also going with the Jets defense over the Packers.

Damn I hate having 4 decent guys.

V Jax, Jordy Nelson, Hartline, M. Wallace, M. Austin...need 2 for my WRs. Thinking Jax and Nelson, keeping Joique Bell or Bernard Pierce for my flex.

Nevermind, went with the 1pm guys so I can have a good idea if I'm gonna win by the time the Bills D takes on the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have started Thompkins and Bernard over Nicks (first 0 ever for a player I started - ugh) and Colston but I'm still killing it this week.

I think Bowe and Ridley are headed for a nice stay on the bench for me, and they'll possibly be joined by TY Hilton. Giovanni Bernard has earned solid starter status, at least for the foreseeable future.

Made all the wrong moves in my freebie. Bowe and D-Rich in the lineup, Bell and Bernard on the bench (and Thompkins, but can't blame myself for that one all things considered).

Raked in my two pay leagues though #2 and potential #1 offense this week in both leagues.

The one has a dilemma though. Was looking okay at RB, but with Spiller and D-Rich hurt and the uncertainty with Bradshaw, it throws a bit of a curve. Would love to pick up Fred Jackson, but don't really have anybody I can drop unless I drop Cutler. Only other choice could be Bradshaw, but damn, his performance today has me highly unsure of him one way or the other currently.

Thank you Bears' defense. Now I hope Manning doesn't destroy the Raiders like he did with the Ravens.

made the big mistake of starting Hakeem Nicks and Hilton in one league this week against an opponent with the Ravens defense....rout doesn't even begin to describe it.

Jimmy Graham!  My team has been in beast-mode all season.  I'm going into tonight up by 30+ and I still have Peyton Manning and Darren McFadden going.  2 weeks in I'm over 100 points up on 3 of the teams in my league and after tonight I might be 50 clear of everyone else.  I also started Nicks this week and got a big fat 0.

Horrific week for me.  After scoring 120 and 147 in the first two weeks, my team dropped a 73 this week.  Marshawn Lynch, who seemed to be ready to tear it up in the early part of that game when I was watching, apparently did nothing else the rest of the way.  Finley leaving early gave me a 0 at TE, Luck had a so-so day, and Cruz and Marshall didn't exactly set the world on fire for me at WR.  I had the Titans DST starting (13 points) while Baltimore sat on my bench (28 points)  Just gross all around. 

Plus I got knocked out of both Last Man Standing pools I was in, and my Steelers got their asses handed to them again.  All in all, a pretty crappy football weekend for me.

Horrific week for me. After scoring 120 and 147 in the first two weeks, my team dropped a 73 this week. Marshawn Lynch, who seemed to be ready to tear it up in the early part of that game when I was watching, apparently did nothing else the rest of the way. Finley leaving early gave me a 0 at TE, Luck had a so-so day, and Cruz and Marshall didn't exactly set the world on fire for me at WR. I had the Titans DST starting (13 points) while Baltimore sat on my bench (28 points) Just gross all around.

Plus I got knocked out of both Last Man Standing pools I was in, and my Steelers got their asses handed to them again. All in all, a pretty crappy football weekend for me.
Ouch. That sounds horrible. I hate getting booted from last man standing pools this early. Who screwed you over?

This week was low scoring across my entire league but for some reason (Jimmy Graham and Shady McCoy!) I keep rolling along.

I'm down 11 with McFadden going tonight. I fully expect the Raiders to lose, so I'm not sure how I should about McFadden getting more than 11 points. 

Ouch. That sounds horrible. I hate getting booted from last man standing pools this early. Who screwed you over?
The Vikings. I was dumb enough to pick them in both pools. I was taking them even before the Richardson trade, then after the trade I felt even better about the pick.... until all the talk about how the Browns were throwing in the towel for the season. I started getting a bad feeling that Cleveland would come out with something to prove, but by then I was locked into my pick. I knew Seattle was as good as a free pass for the week, but I decided to "save" them for later. :dunce:

Classic mistake - I never "save" teams because all you want to do is make it one more week.  Always take the sure thing!

A few years ago Cleveland screwed me as well.  The Giants were undefeated going into a Monday night game or maybe it was Thursday night but anyway, they were rolling teams (the season after the Super Bowl when Plax shot himself) so I broke my rule of never betting on my team and sure enough they got KILLED.

Jesus, so many running back carousel around the league, anyone who stockpiled backs earlier is looking like a genius. How many teams now have 2 or 3 guys who can legitimate touches during the game? Makes you wanna pull your hair out.

Oh mann I was up 70 before the Den/Oak game and the guy I'm playing has Manning, Welker, Thomas, and McFadden. Ended up winning by 8.

Even my RBs are throwing TDs now. My team is unbelievable so far. Most points in the league again. Everyone laughed when I took Peyton #4 overall.

I said I was done with H2H last year, but now I'm really done. The league leader has the second least points in our league and is in first. Undefeated. I don't care if it's only been three games. This is completely unacceptable.

I said I was done with H2H last year, but now I'm really done. The league leader has the second least points in our league and is in first. Undefeated. I don't care if it's only been three games. This is completely unacceptable.
It will even out although it is annoying - a few years ago I had the most points in my league and finished 5th and missed the playoffs. My league is surprisingly in order for the most part. Now that the results are in from Week 3 I'm at 517 points and the next closest team has 450. This is the second week in a row I scored the most points and had the biggest blowout (and this week the guy I played would have beaten 4 other teams).

A few years ago one of the guys in my league finished 12-1, and he was in the lower half of the league for total points scored. He just hit it right all season long; whoever he played seemed to be the lowest scoring team that week. Nothing worse than scoring 130 one week and losing while another team in the league scores 75 and wins. I always feel like that stuff should all even out over time, but I can't remember a single time I was one of those low-scoring, but still-winning teams.

If I offered Darren Sproles & Larry Fitzgerald for Matt Forte in a standard league, would that be considered lowballing or fair value?

If I offered Darren Sproles & Larry Fitzgerald for Matt Forte in a standard league, would that be considered lowballing or fair value?
A bit low for me. D. Sproles won't get you much points outside of PPR and L. Fitzgerald has the Cardinals offence holding him down.

On another note, what do you guys think I could get for C.J. Spiller?

Looking at running backs in one league. Which one of these three would you bench? Starting one at my RB2 and one at flex this week, standard scoring.

Joique Bell vs Chicago

Giovani Bernard @ Cleveland

Ahmad Bradshaw @ Jacksonville

Right now, I have Bradshaw on the bench. Had a nice week this past Sunday, but have to wonder how much time he'll lose to Richardson. On the other, it is Jacksonville.

On another note, what do you guys think I could get for C.J. Spiller?
Probably not much right now. After one decent game and two terrible games, his value has plummeted.

Looking at running backs in one league. Which one of these three would you bench? Starting one at my RB2 and one at flex this week, standard scoring.

Joique Bell vs Chicago

Giovani Bernard @ Cleveland

Ahmad Bradshaw @ Jacksonville

Right now, I have Bradshaw on the bench. Had a nice week this past Sunday, but have to wonder how much time he'll lose to Richardson. On the other, it is Jacksonville.
I'd keep Bradshaw on the bench, too, for the same reason.

I just got this trade offer: K. Thompkins (me) for J. Finley and W. Mcgahee. Thoughts?

O. Daniels is my only TE. He pretty much disappeared since wk 1. I heard Finley concussion was really bad. Is he good to go?

Who should I start in my Flex this week?

Strange scoring system is...

1 point per rushing attempt

1 point per 5 yards rushing

15 bonus at 100 yards

30 bonus at 150 yards

Rest is standard.

PPR

Daryl Richardson (vs.SF) Played one snap Sunday and hurt his foot, reports are he'll be ready for Thursday. Pead will also take snaps away.

Willis McGahee(vs.CIN)

Both are pretty garbage options but with 1 point per rushing attempt is makes RB's better as flex options than WR's. I could put Hakeem Nicks(@KC) there but after last week's 0 points while playing the whole game makes me nervous.

What to do about ridley? Drop?
You just can't. But I feel your frustration. Don't start him until he earns it.

I'm in the same boat with Dwayne Bowe. Unfortunately out of my 5 fantasy teams I have them both only on one. I'm a combined 10-2 on 4 teams, 0-3 on my team with Ridley and Bowe.

Do you think Pead is a good start at flex this week?

Also thinking about benching A. Johnson this week. My receivers are Johnson, Nicks, Streater, and Broyles. Need to start two of them or three if I flex one instead of Pead. Any advice on this would be great.

Well, looking for some advice in my teams:

In the flex:

Doug Baldwin vs HOU *leaning towads*

Kenbrell Thompkins vs ATL

Brandon Bolden vs ATL

Need 3 Receivers, 4 or 5 if you count the two flex. Leaning towards the ones in bold:

Torrey Smith vs BUF

Marques Colston vs MIA

Julio Jones vs NE

Anquan Boldin vs STL

Eddie Royal vs DAL

DeAndre Hopkins vs SEA

The other option for the flex is Jason Witten vs SD

Am I crazy for thinking about benching A. Johnson and H. Nicks this week in favor of R. Streater and R. Broyles? It seems to me that Streater and Broyles will have the better matchups this week.

Also thinking of starting I. Pead as my flex, do you think this smart or not?

bread's done
Back