Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

Can start 2 and a flex (I'm thinking Steve Smith Sr)

Brandon Marshall (given I'm starting him)

Eric Decker

Anquan Boldin

Steve Smith Sr

Riley Cooper

Danny Amendola

Other flex option (if I start all 3 RBs)

Chris Johnson

Rashad Jennings

CJ Spiller
Go Chris Johnson and CJ Spiller

then go B Marsh, Boldin, and Smith

I need two WRs out of these four: Torrey Smith vs PIT, DeSean Jackson vs JAX, Cobb vs NYJ, Kelvin Benjamin vs DET.

I'm leaning towards Cobb and Benjamin, but welcome any advice. My other WR is Demaryius Thomas.

Can start 2 and a flex (I'm thinking Steve Smith Sr)

Brandon Marshall (given I'm starting him)

Eric Decker

Anquan Boldin

Steve Smith Sr

Riley Cooper

Danny Amendola

Other flex option (if I start all 3 RBs)

Chris Johnson

Rashad Jennings

CJ Spiller
I think I'd go Marshall, Decker, and Smith. And the 2 CJ's at RB.

T. Romo or A. Dalton?
I like Romo to have a bounce-back week this week. At least I hope so; I'm starting him myself.

I need two WRs out of these four: Torrey Smith vs PIT, DeSean Jackson vs JAX, Cobb vs NYJ, Kelvin Benjamin vs DET.

I'm leaning towards Cobb and Benjamin, but welcome any advice. My other WR is Demaryius Thomas.
I'd go with Cobb and Jackson.

Owen Daniels had a big, old "thanks for nothing" game last night. 2 TDs for a backup tight end.
I know, I was playing a guy starting Pitta, My kicker Justin Tucker out scored pitta... LOL! Thinking that was going to be a big problem as Tucker got me 3 points last week. May very well be on my way to 2-0 since Denver is playing KC this week!

I nearly had a little scare when Brown came out early to go through the concussion protocols. He ended up having a solid game, despite not scoring.
Same here. Fortunately he got a few catches at the end when it was essentially garbage time. I had him and Heath Miller going (since it looks like Jordan Cameron won't play this week), and it was looking like a complete disaster for me before Brown tacked on those late points. It still looks like an uphill battle for me this week; my opponent has some nice matchups, but it could have been worse.

That is the great thing about fantasy football: don't matter where the points come from, as long as they come. He really was having a weak game until those 3 catches on the final drive in garbage time. And Big Ben looked like he was throwing his way on that battered ball that got intercepted. Could have been an even bigger game.

Oh Adrian Peterson, why must you fuck me like this?

And Gordon's suspension has been reduced to 10 games.  Is he worth a bench spot for most of the season to only play 6 games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Matt Asiata in all my leagues. How long will he hold the job over McKinnon is the question (provided AP misses any significant time).

Picked up Matt Asiata in all my leagues. How long will he hold the job over McKinnon is the question (provided AP misses any significant time).
Think Asiata is worth starting as my 3rd RB/Flex over Chris Johnson/Bradshaw?? My other two RBs are Gore/Morris

I wouldn't go that far. Not yet at least. It feels weird to say, but Miller / Moreno are leagues above where Asiata and McKinnon are at the present time. They could both get some carries, but the situation is scary since we don't often see a Viking backfield without Peterson.

Asiata will get the bulk of the carries to start off the game being the more experienced RB, but I think sooner or later, McKinnon could steal the starting job if Peterson misses a good chuck of time (which I fear will happen on the heels of the whole Ray Rice fiasco). McKinnon is too raw to pick up on a whim if you don't have the roster space, but if he starts to tear it up and Asiata falters, I'd switch them for the long term in a heart beat.

Think Asiata is worth starting as my 3rd RB/Flex over Chris Johnson/Bradshaw?? My other two RBs are Gore/Morris
In Asiata's two starts last year:

vs. PHL week 15: 30 carries 51 yds 3 TDs

vs. DET week 17: 14 carries 115 yds

I'd say he's more likely to perform toward those week 15 numbers (minus the touchdowns). I would rather start Johnson.

1/2 point PPR:

Does it make sense to bench Doug Martin for Pierre Thomas or Fred Jackson?

It sounds like he's likely to start, but if he doesn't, Danny Woodhead against Seattle is my only other viable late game option.

1/2 point PPR:
Does it make sense to bench Doug Martin for Pierre Thomas or Fred Jackson?

It sounds like he's likely to start, but if he doesn't, Danny Woodhead against Seattle is my only other viable late game option.
I would start Fred Jackson over Danny Woodhead. He did poorly against Arizona, and it only gets worse against Seattle.

Woodhead didnt play poorly, he had 2 touches, he was blocking a lot (I agree about starting jackson)

ppr with .25 ppc

which 2?

Kelvin Benjamin vs lions

Reggie Bush @ panthers

Terrance West vs saints

Panthers at home on grass has me leary of bush.

So one more question its a PPR league with Marshall and Jeffery out at WR Im left with White, Mike Wallace, and possibly Bowe. Do I bench Bowe in and pick up Rueben Randle (plays AZ), Malcom Floyd, Brian Quick, or say Brian Hartline. I dont think any of them are going to have great weeks. But KC is playing Denver and that has me worried for Bowe

Two WR questions. Non-PPR. Justin Hunter or Larry Fitzgerald? After last week, leaning Hunter.

PPR. Decker, Hilton, or Hawkins. Hilton didn't impress last week, but he is home against Philly. Hawkins was impressive, and Decker was solid but did face Oakland.

So one more question its a PPR league with Marshall and Jeffery out at WR Im left with White, Mike Wallace, and possibly Bowe. Do I bench Bowe in and pick up Rueben Randle (plays AZ), Malcom Floyd, Brian Quick, or say Brian Hartline. I dont think any of them are going to have great weeks. But KC is playing Denver and that has me worried for Bowe
Out of those options, I actually like Bowe. I expect KC to be behind early and throw to catch up which should generate some points for Bowe.

That said, I have him benched in my league for Hilton this week, Jeffrey is the main guy in that league but not risking anything with his late game status.

Standard scoring league

RB trying to decide between moreno and lacy. Lacy just coming from concussion scares me plus play the jets d. Moreno looked good last week but potential for split carries with miller...

WR 

Cobb

Harvin

Wayne

Maclin

can play 3 of them. right now starting first 3. maclin might be better than cobb just not sure.

g bernard is my other rb starter

Standard scoring league

RB trying to decide between moreno and lacy. Lacy just coming from concussion scares me plus play the jets d. Moreno looked good last week but potential for split carries with miller...

WR
Cobb
Harvin
Wayne
Maclin

can play 3 of them. right now starting first 3. maclin might be better than cobb just not sure.

g bernard is my other rb starter
I'd go Moreno, Cobb, Wayne, and Harvin.

Two WR questions. Non-PPR. Justin Hunter or Larry Fitzgerald? After last week, leaning Hunter.

PPR. Decker, Hilton, or Hawkins. Hilton didn't impress last week, but he is home against Philly. Hawkins was impressive, and Decker was solid but did face Oakland.
With Carson Palmer out, solidified my belief in benching Fitzgerald this week. Still undecided on the PPR question though.

I'm not risking starting Jeffery and having him not play, so I need some advice. So Marqise Lee vs Washington or Justin Hunter vs Dallas? My other WR is Vincent Jackson.

And for a flex spot, either Lee, Hunter, or Terrance West vs New Orleans? Or I could play West at RB over Joique Bell vs Carolina.

I'm not risking starting Jeffery and having him not play, so I need some advice. So Marqise Lee vs Washington or Justin Hunter vs Dallas? My other WR is Vincent Jackson.

And for a flex spot, either Lee, Hunter, or Terrance West vs New Orleans? Or I could play West at RB over Joique Bell vs Carolina.
I'd go Justin Hunter and Terrance West.

Another year, another my-team-faces-every-week's-highest-scoring team BS. I've said it before, but now I'm really done with H2H football. Unless it's roto, I'm officially out.

Two weeks in and youre crying the blues, jesus.

It usually works out, Ive only had one league where I was the highest scoring team and didnt make the playoffs. one time and only 4 playoff teams that season.

I managed to have the lowest score in my entire league.  AJ Green got injured, Peterson was out so I had to start R. Jennings who kinda sucked, Romo sucked, V. Jackson sucked and Garcon really sucked.  My only position that posted their projected points were the Bengals D.  My team is a mess, I really need to make some major changes.

I did the same thing!

Oh well, looks like I may win this week anyways.
I have a very, very, very slim outside shot of still winning. Foles is gonna have to go off tonight, though. I mean, like, 3 TDs / 350 yards kinda crazy. Not impossible against Indy, but you know, probably ain't happening. I deserve it for starting stupid Gerhart again, though.

With Peterson out yesterday, I was left with a choice of Khiry Robinson or Knile Davis for my RB2.  Guess who I went with?

Had I started Davis, I'd actually be in decent shape.  As it is, I'm up by 3 points with my opponent having LeSean McCoy going tonight.  So unless McCoy somehow tears his ACL during the National Anthem, looks like I'm dropping to 1-1.

Can't believe I drafted both Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice this year.  And the Carolina DST (Greg Hardy).  I dropped Rice when I picked up Josh Gordon.  I've changed my team name to Criminals and Other Assorted Lowlifes.

Interesting note on the new drug policy. It will allow suspended players to have access to their team's facilities and personnel. Hopefully, Gordon will make full use of this and not be a total loss when he returns. I still feel like he is worth a stash, especially if you have a lot of bench spots in your league. Even if it takes him a few weeks to get into game shape, you'll still have him for the playoffs.

bread's done
Back