Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

I'm going to finally cut ties with Tom Brady.  Who should I pick up from the scrap heap to replace him?

Blake Bortles vs. PIT

Jake Locker vs. CLE

Drew Stanton at DEN

Mike Glennon at NO

I never cared for Jake Locker so he'd be the first one I'd cross off the list.

As for the others, it depends on what you're looking to do. For just this week, Stanton may be the best of the bunch. Could see a shootout. For long term, I'd probably roll the dice on Bortles.

-----

Have a dilemma on my team. With Fitzgerald sucking and Calvin Johnson limping, I'm stuck at WR. I have no faith in Fitz so benching him, but should I start a gimpy Calvin Johnson, Brian Quick, or Andrew Hawkins. Need two, Non-PPR.

Need 1 of these for flex:

kendall wright against Cleveland

larry fitzgerald against Denver

darrin reaves against Chicago

jordan cameron against Tennessee

trent richardson against Baltimore

donald brown against NY Jets

Already starting arian foster and marshawn lynch at rb, travis kelce at te and atonio brown and deandre hopkins at wr. Leaning towards Cameron because the Titans have given up a lot of points to te and the rest either have sucked this year or have bad matchups.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go with Calvin and Quick.
Where I was leaning as well. After being a decoy last week, Calvin Johnson is a bit worrisome I feel. Any injury aside from an ankle, I'd be much more confident than I am. But ankle injuries are unfortunately no joke as I can personally attest too.

Need 1 of these for flex:

kendall wright against Cleveland

larry fitzgerald against Denver

darrin reaves against Chicago

jordan cameron against Tennessee

trent richardson against Baltimore

donald brown against NY Jets

Already starting arian foster and marshawn lynch at rb, travis kelce at te and atonio brown and deandre hopkins at wr. Leaning towards Cameron because the Titans have given up a lot of points to te and the rest either have sucked this year or have bad matchups.
I lean towards Richardson or Brown.

Damn, was waiting to see who was going to play between decker and Vernon davis...both out now I'm stuck starting charles and knile davis

McCoy is killing me this year. He hasn't done anything
I feel your pain. Outside of Week 1, Megatron has not put up a 1st round-worthy performance, and now it looks like this ankle injury is just gonna linger indefinitely. The Lions would be better off just sitting him, instead of using him as a "decoy."

Even though they're in Seattle I think Romo will do well.  He better, he's my only QB.

TY was just dropped in my league, should I drop T Williams or Sanu for TY?  I'll need to start one of them in my FLEX spot this week.

Torn between benching Roddy White and starting Welker or Mike Wallace. Who do think is going to have the biggest game?

RB's, Im using Gore/Andre Williams but who should take up the flex? Bradshaw against Houston, Asiata against Det? I wasn't planning on starting Morris against Az. I could also put Justin Hunter since Titans play the Jags and he could go off

Welker looks like he is now clearly the 4th option behind Thomas, Thomas, and Sanders, but damn, the way that offense moves the ball, it's hard for me to tell anyone not to play Welker. I have Wallace on my team, and I am playing him this week, but I am low on options, due to byes and Megatron's injury.

I hate Thursday night games. I always say that. But I am going to keep going with Bradshaw until he breaks.

I readily admit I am an utterly bitter Bradshaw owner. But how do you as a team keep giving Richardson more carries every game? 10 carries for 18 yards tonight. Less than 3.5 a carry this year. Bradshaw looks faster and more powerful.

I readily admit I am an utterly bitter Bradshaw owner. But how do you as a team keep giving Richardson more carries every game? 10 carries for 18 yards tonight. Less than 3.5 a carry this year. Bradshaw looks faster and more powerful.
Cause they traded a first-round pick for him and basically are going to keep feeding him the ball no matter what happens.

For some reason there wasn't one. Not sure how many years ago it was turned off or if it ever had one but I've been in that league since 2007 and this is the first time something like this happened. The commissioner, who ended up with Charles, offered to trade him back after I brought attention to it on the league message board but I just suggested activating the can't cut list. This is most likely my last year playing fantasy football so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Cause they traded a first-round pick for him and basically are going to keep feeding him the ball no matter what happens.
I know :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jackson is a better player than Richardson, but Richardson is going to keep getting touches in Indy, because they are obsessed with convincing everyone they didn't get fleeced out of a 1st round draft pick. Touches in Indy's offense are inevitability going to lead to points. Plus, Jackson's situation is not ideal, splitting time with Spiller and their QB situation in flux.

I could use an opinion or two on a couple of lineup decisions for this week.  I hope you didn't just eat, because these choices are pretty gross.

At RB, I need to play 2: Zac Stacy, Benny Cunningham, and Lorenzo Taliaferro.  Leaning toward both Rams RB's, even with the tough matchup against SF, but I don't feel great about any of them.

At DST, my choices are Carolina (at Cincinnati) or Buffalo (vs. New England)  I've got the Bills in at the moment.  I figure the Bengals are coming off an embarrassing loss, and they're really tough at home.  On the other hand, it looks like no A.J. Green this week.  With the Bills, I'm hoping the Pats shot their load last week and have a letdown this week.  Brady is questionable after hurting his ankle in practice, but I assume he'll play.  Neither choice is exactly ideal, but it's all I've got.

Well how about an opinion on my WR options?

I was going with Marshall, Jeffery, Mike Wallace. Welker could do well but I don't think I want to start Roddy White.

How about TE, Jordan Cameron or Jordan Reed?

Wow. That does suck. Personally, I don't like starting two RBs on the same team so I'd go Stacy and Taliaferro. Is Storm Johnson or Bobby Rainey on waiver in your league? They're not the best but I like them better than Cunningham or Taliferro. I'd go with Buffalo too for defense. Green may be out but they still got Giovani Bernard to lean on.

Kube00: I'd start Marshall, Jeffery and Welker. I had Welker last year and he was a pretty big red zone target for Manninng. I'd take the risk because that offense just puts up too many points. As for TE, I'd go with Cameron. Too much risk with Reed since we don't even know if he's going to play or if he plays; how many snaps he's going to get. I got Reed too and I'm hoping he's good to go because Witten hasn't been doing much for me.

Yea I like Welker and the Jets are pretty weak so he should get some looks. Its just Wallace has been producing every week but GB is a tougher matchup 

Welker killed me in one league, but Wallace helped me in my main one. Wallace is extremely TD-dependent, though. I am definitely going to try to sell high on him after this start (4 TDs in 5 games).

Wow. That does suck. Personally, I don't like starting two RBs on the same team so I'd go Stacy and Taliaferro. Is Storm Johnson or Bobby Rainey on waiver in your league? They're not the best but I like them better than Cunningham or Taliferro. I'd go with Buffalo too for defense. Green may be out but they still got Giovani Bernard to lean on.
Johnson is available, Rainey isn't. Well, I went with Taliaferro and he gave me 6.7 points. About what I expected. When Baltimore went up 35-0, I was thinking maybe he'd get a bunch of garbage time carries. Oh well. Buffalo gave me -2, the third week in a row my DST has actually taken points off the board for me. Carolina, on my bench, had -6 today. Carolina has been absolutely putrid.

My RB situation is as horrible as it is because not only did I draft Adrian Peterson, I also took Ray Rice as my 3rd RB. Ugh. After the draft, I thought the RB position was going to be my team's strength. :wall:

If it is any consolation, I think most people find themselves with questionable running back situations so far this year. There's been a lot of significant injuries, behavioral issues, and running back committees to deal with this season. There simply are very few every down, stud running backs anymore. Even if a guy is the clear starter, all it takes is a fumble or a stretch of bad carries, and he finds himself on the bench.

So, of course, I start Eli against a defense that has been giving up yards and points to everyone...and now they look like the '85 Bears and the Giants are beyond rattled...fml...

This FF season has suck so far for me. I can't believe Lynch, Vereen, Julio Jones and Maclin combine give me only 16 points. Other than Vereen, any of the others should be giving me 16 points on their own.

I hope the Niners score nothing but touchdowns tonight. Just two field goals by Dawson and I lose.

I need Zac Stacy to outscore Brian Quick by 8 points.  Not holding my breath for that to happen.  I'll be surprised if Stacy even gives me 8 points.

Speaking of zac stacy...someone in my league is trying to get rid of him for a decent flex player. He's offered for Kelvin Benjamin and Edelman which I denied both of them cause they are my only really consistent players. I do really need another rb, I'm thinking throwing up maybe Torrey smith for him since he's finally coming off 2 good games, but I don't think that'll last. Idk, haven't really followed stacy at all, is he worth picking up?

Ugh, almost pulled off a 6 player deal that included me getting Charles for Megatron, but the guy got scared off, because Caldwell said Johnson could miss 2 more games...ugh...

Time to ask for advice again

So here are my thoughts if I dont win the next few weeks Im out of the playoffs so I will start making trades for next year since its a keeper league. Maybe I can trade Marshall for a solid RB1.

So this week

I was thinking at flex of using Jordan Reed he had a good game last week and Ten is terrible or should I go with Gore at Den or Andre Williams at Dal (both those matchups are tough). At TE Ive got Jordan Cameron at Jax

Other two RB slotted to start are Morris @ Ten and Bradshaw at Cin.

Time to ask for advice again

So here are my thoughts if I dont win the next few weeks Im out of the playoffs so I will start making trades for next year since its a keeper league. Maybe I can trade Marshall for a solid RB1.

So this week

I was thinking at flex of using Jordan Reed he had a good game last week and Ten is terrible or should I go with Gore at Den or Andre Williams at Dal (both those matchups are tough). At TE Ive got Jordan Cameron at Jax

Other two RB slotted to start are Morris @ Ten and Bradshaw at Cin.
I think I'd go with Reed at flex, and Morris and Gore at RB.

I've got an hour to figure out my 2nd flex spot in a ppr...Doug Baldwin(no more harvin), Reggie Bush n Vernon davis (both still injured but should play), or Terrance Williams.

Between baldwin and bush atm.

bread's done
Back