Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

Well it's a good thing I went with Baldwin with my above comment! I just can't believe Cameron only got one garbage time catch for 5 yards against the jags. Thought I could rest Vernon Davis for one more week with Cameron's matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Desean Jackson has had 3 games of 18+ points this year. I've had him benched for all of those, but I thankfully started him in the games where he scored 1 and 2 points.

He's the ultimate crapshoot play.

I don't know how the Cardinals D only got me 6 points against the fucking Raiders.  I need Foster, Brown and Johnson to score less points than Bell tomorrow.  I'm screwed.  2-5 for me, yay.

This season has been a complete bust for me. Going to lose both my leagues this week to go 3-4 and 2-5 respectively. Losing Peterson, Megatron and Stacy being busts, and everything else not panning out, going to be a hard climb out of the gutter.

In the one league, I'm cleaning house at RB. Is it Stacy safe to drop at this point? Already put a claim for Mason, although I doubt I'll get him.

Morris didnt do much either for me neither did Jeffery. Another loss this week. Did I mention that Jordan Cameron did nothing as well

For next week Im thinking using Mckinnon (against TB) or Roddy White (against Det) at Flex. Morris and Bradshaw are the RBs although I could bench Morris and use Mckinnon and play White or Welker at Flex 

I need Morris to pick up his game.... 

I doubt Morris makes much of a fantasy impact this year. The line isn't very good, and the QB situation is a mess. It comes as no surprise that Morris had his best year in his rookie season, when the Redskins made the playoffs. Teams had to account for the versatility of RGIII, and they were usually in games or leading, meaning they could continue to make good use of the type of runner Morris is. It always seems like the Redskins are down or have the ball in the last 2 minutes of a half, meaning Helu will be on the field.

Got offered a trade I give up my 9th round pick next year for Hillman. Looks like Ball could be sidelined, might be worth stashing him

Not certain it will help this year as I have Gore, McKinnon, Bradshaw, Morris, and Denard Robinson

Thoughts?

lol, lost my first game thanks to my weak ass running backs... I started Ingram and Crowell, and benched Spiller... glad I did because out the three Spiller only put up a couple points, but the other two only did around 3-5 points...  I am screwed at running backs.  Not to mention J. Thomas got nothing in that game, and Sanders had two for sure touchdowns taken away on PI calls on the defense...

Worse part is I can't get any better through free agents because of being 6-1, I did however pick up Mike Evans who snuck through, but nothing in the RB department, both backups in Buffallo and St. Louis were knabbed

lol, lost my first game thanks to my weak ass running backs... I started Ingram and Crowell, and benched Spiller... glad I did because out the three Spiller only put up a couple points, but the other two only did around 3-5 points... I am screwed at running backs. Not to mention J. Thomas got nothing in that game, and Sanders had two for sure touchdowns taken away on PI calls on the defense...

Worse part is I can't get any better through free agents because of being 6-1, I did however pick up Mike Evans who snuck through, but nothing in the RB department, both backups in Buffallo and St. Louis were knabbed
Yeah, with waivers resetting every week, there's no chance in a 16 team league. I'm kinda in the same boat as you when it comes to running backs at this point. Basically just hoping for a lucky TD from McCluster.

I think I made a pretty solid deal last night.

Traded:

Foles

Bradshaw

Got:

Brady

McKinnon

I have Gronk, so hoping he stays healthy, and the Pat offense keeps rolling.

I'm down by 4 going into tonight; I've got Romo going and my opponent has Murray.  I'd say it could go either way, but the way things are going for me this year has turned me into a complete pessimist.  

I'm down by 4 going into tonight; I've got Romo going and my opponent has Murray. I'd say it could go either way, but the way things are going for me this year has turned me into a complete pessimist.
Unless it is a completely different cowboys game I would say you will probably lose. They have been riding this winning streak thanks to Murray, and I have a feeling that won't change, especially if they get a lead.

Holy shit.  I needed Romo to get me 15 points to win.  He got 15 points then got injured.  I'm happy, but I hope he's alright.

Bobby Rainey, Dwayne Bowe or Jason Witten?

With Randall Cobb and Julio Jones on bye this week, I had to make some move which left my flex position open for one of these three. Not great choices but my team has been under performing the whole year so it's par on course for me.

Also, is Romo a start this week?

Bobby Rainey, Dwayne Bowe or Jason Witten?

With Randall Cobb and Julio Jones on bye this week, I had to make some move which left my flex position open for one of these three. Not great choices but my team has been under performing the whole year so it's par on course for me.

Also, is Romo a start this week?
This might be one of the few times when Bowe is a good start, since the Jets secondary is so terrible. If Martin and Charles Sims can't go for Tampa though I'd make Rainey my 1st choice.

I think they'll shoot Romo up with some painkillers and he'll be ready to go. It's a favorable matchup against the Cardinals secondary. Depends on your alternatives I guess.

Need a 2nd RB to replace Matt Forte this week.  Pick your poison (1/2 point PPR):

Deangelo Williams

Lorenzo Taliaferro

Knile Davis

Charles Sims

This might be one of the few times when Bowe is a good start, since the Jets secondary is so terrible. If Martin and Charles Sims can't go for Tampa though I'd make Rainey my 1st choice.

I think they'll shoot Romo up with some painkillers and he'll be ready to go. It's a favorable matchup against the Cardinals secondary. Depends on your alternatives I guess.
I had to drop Bowe to pick up a defense, so I don't have him anymore. I guess it's Rainey then. Dalton is my backup so maybe I'll roll with him since A.J. Green is suppose to come back this week.

I go with Taliaferro too. I like none of the Panthers RBs; unless Jamaal Charles is out he kills any value the other KC RBs have; and Charles Sims is too much of an unknown.

Looking ahead, I've got a small issue next week. I recently traded for Tom Brady, so my roster was not adequately prepared for his Week 10 bye. My current backup QB was Eli, who is playing in Seattle. It is a 12-team league, so the QB waiver wire is not impressive. Who would go with for one week:

Eli @ Seahawks

Vick vs. Steelers

Glennon vs. Falcons

Orton vs. KC

Orton will probably do the best for ya..Vick is risky

Glennon could do okay as well since the Falcons D isnt that great

I basically have to start Zac Stacy tomorrow. Instavom.
Same here. I've never had a team as terrible at RB as I do this year. My RB's are Stacy, Benny Cunningham, Knile Davis, and Khiry Robinson. Yuck. Actually, I'm going with Cunningham and Davis today, and the way my year has gone, that probably means Stacy will have his biggest day of the year (after several weeks of starting Roethlisberger over Romo, I finally decided to bench him last week), so it might work out for you.

I remember on draft day thinking RB was going to be my team's strength after I drafted Adrian Peterson, Stacy, Ray Rice, and Robinson. :roll:

Anyone else put a waiver for Adrian Peterson? He's no longer going to jail and hopefully he only gets two game for smoking weed. He might make it in time for the playoffs.

Got offered the following proposal

I give up:

Marshawn Lynch
Josh Gordon

I get:

Julio Jones
Alfred Morris

Leaning towards no since Gordon will be valuable in the playoffs

bread's done
Back