Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

[quote name='kube00']Lost in my friends league by .16...in the money league Im up 8 and he's got Fred Davis left to play...am I screwed?[/QUOTE]

you could be, Grossman seems to have taken a real liking to Davis

My team is beastly.

Stafford.
Welker.
McFadden.
Wallace.
Finley.

I was over 150 points right there and ended up with 204.10. My opponent must be pissed. He has the second most points scored with 153.54 and Witten going tonight and I'm still going to crush him. After this week I'll have over 100 points more than the second place team overall and it's only been 3 weeks.

Well, Johnson has gotten better each week as far as points go, so maybe he's finally getting into top shape. He's also playing the Browns this week. I'd start him this week, and if he doesn't break 10 points, then bench him.

What are some names you guys are targeting on the wire this week? I picked up Lance Moore for one of teams.

My other money league I could really use a TE (have Marcades Lewis) and was considering targeting King, but I'm open to any suggestions for anything that is out there.

Foster should be coming back, do I risk it and start him over Fred Jackson?

As always the WR question McCluster, and Moore (Oak) are in my starting slots. Should I even consider starting Lloyd, he's done so crappy these last few weeks. I've also got Moore and Ward. Ward has been a bust so far

Dropped Manning for Roethlisberger. Figured even if he came back late this season (which would probably be retarded considering Indy will most likely be out of the playoff race), he wouldn't be as effective. Waited as long as I could, but burning a bench spot these first three weeks has been killing me, as I watched Newton and Fitzpatrick get snatched up.

[quote name='kube00']Foster should be coming back, do I risk it and start him over Fred Jackson?

As always the WR question McCluster, and Moore (Oak) are in my starting slots. Should I even consider starting Lloyd, he's done so crappy these last few weeks. I've also got Moore and Ward. Ward has been a bust so far[/QUOTE]

Who is your third RB? and no flex? I'd personally like to start both of them if at all possible.

So what do you guys think, pick up Fred Davis or Scott Chandler? Both were dropped this week in my primary money league and I'm rolling with Marcades Lewis, so I wanna pick someone else up...

I might be a little crazy this week. Have Hillis as my #2, but everything I'm reading sounds like they're going to perhaps turn Cleveland into the dreaded RBC. With that being the case, I'm thinking of maybe starting Starks since in theory, Green Bay should roll over Denver and have an early lead.

Edit: Didn't notice Fred Davis on the wire. With Daniels playing against PIT, would you stick with him or go Fred Davis against the Rams? Davis has the better matchup, but I saw part of the Steelers game against the Colts and makes me wonder if the Texans could go wild on them like the Ravens did.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Wait, Roethlisberger was available on your wire?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, surprisingly (though a 10-team league). Someone dropped him about a week back for Hasselbeck, who is actually putting up good fantasy numbers...we'll have to see how Britt on IR now is gonna affect him though.

Hey guys, in a standard ESPN league would you rather have Daniel Thomas or Brandon Marshall? I've been offered Marshall in a league where Thomas is my 5th RB. I could probably use the boost at WR but I'm not sure I'm sold on Marshall or if I want to dump Thomas before he has a couple more good games.

[quote name='JStryke']Edit: Didn't notice Fred Davis on the wire. With Daniels playing against PIT, would you stick with him or go Fred Davis against the Rams? Davis has the better matchup, but I saw part of the Steelers game against the Colts and makes me wonder if the Texans could go wild on them like the Ravens did.[/QUOTE]Definitely Davis.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So what do you guys think, pick up Fred Davis or Scott Chandler? Both were dropped this week in my primary money league and I'm rolling with Marcades Lewis, so I wanna pick someone else up...[/QUOTE]Again, definitely Davis. I'm stuck with Marcedes Lewis as my starter, too. I put in for Davis last week but someone else ahead of me in the queue grabbed him, and I ended up with my 3rd choice, Jeff King (Chandler was my second choice, but he was picked up, too) King didn't have a catch in Week 3, so for now, I'm still rolling with Lewis. :(

[quote name='ZForce915']Hey guys, in a standard ESPN league would you rather have Daniel Thomas or Brandon Marshall? I've been offered Marshall in a league where Thomas is my 5th RB. I could probably use the boost at WR but I'm not sure I'm sold on Marshall or if I want to dump Thomas before he has a couple more good games.[/QUOTE]If Thomas was your 3rd or 4th RB, I'd probably say no, but if you're able to get an upgrade at WR for the cost of your 5th RB, I'd say do it.

I could use some opinions on my RB and WR spots for Week 4. Which 2 would you start: Ray Rice (vs. NYJ), Fred Jackson (at CIN) and Ahmad Bradshaw (at AZ)? Actually, Jackson is a definite. I'm a bit worried about starting Rice, because after McFadden ran all over the Jets last week, they're going to make stopping the run their #1 priority. Rice did nothing in a game against the Jets last year. I'm starting to lean toward Jackson-Bradshaw and sittting Rice for the week. Crazy?

At WR I need to decide between Hakeem Nicks (at AZ) and Santana Moss (at STL). Both good matchups, but the way Nicks was taken out of the offense with Manningham out last week worries me. Plus, he didn't practice today and has swelling in his knee. Assuming he's healthy and plays, which guy do you roll with this week?

Jennings is starting at WR no matter what and I've got Bradshaw in the first RB slot. Its two WR, 2 RBs, and one flex WR/TE

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Who is your third RB? and no flex? I'd personally like to start both of them if at all possible.

So what do you guys think, pick up Fred Davis or Scott Chandler? Both were dropped this week in my primary money league and I'm rolling with Marcades Lewis, so I wanna pick someone else up...[/QUOTE]

Someone offered me a trade me their Olsen\Tolbert for my Sanchez/Foster. BTW Sanchez is my backup QB. I'm probably not going to take it

[quote name='kube00']Someone offered me a trade me their Olsen\Tolbert for my Sanchez/Foster. BTW Sanchez is my backup QB. I'm probably not going to take it[/QUOTE]

That is an awful trade. Definitely don't take it!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ryan grant is out this week. if you have james starks put him in. i benched beanie wells and put starks in his place.[/QUOTE]

Over Peyton Hillis as well? Was already considering it anyways.

[quote name='Danimal'] I could use some opinions on my RB and WR spots for Week 4. Which 2 would you start: Ray Rice (vs. NYJ), Fred Jackson (at CIN) and Ahmad Bradshaw (at AZ)? Actually, Jackson is a definite. I'm a bit worried about starting Rice, because after McFadden ran all over the Jets last week, they're going to make stopping the run their #1 priority. Rice did nothing in a game against the Jets last year. I'm starting to lean toward Jackson-Bradshaw and sittting Rice for the week. Crazy?

At WR I need to decide between Hakeem Nicks (at AZ) and Santana Moss (at STL). Both good matchups, but the way Nicks was taken out of the offense with Manningham out last week worries me. Plus, he didn't practice today and has swelling in his knee. Assuming he's healthy and plays, which guy do you roll with this week?[/QUOTE]Quote-bumping my own question. Still not sure who to go with. Actually, I heard VJax is questionable now because of some abdomenal pain or something. May end up going with Hicks and Moss.

I'd go with Rice and Jackson. My rationale is that you gotta run with your horses. I don't hate the Bradshaw play though, I just personally would go Rice.

And Nicks for sure, I fully expect him to break out this week as long as he's playing.

I have been starting Devery Henderson since Marques Colston went down but Colston is a maybe for this weekend. Should I start either one of them or Mohamed Massaquoi (also questionable) this weekend? I feel like I could be screwed all way around.

I see Shin kinda has the same delimna with the NO wr position.

[quote name='shinryuu']Pick 3 WRs:
Denarius Moore
David Nelson
Percy Harvin
Devery Henderson
Marques Colston
Victor Cruz[/QUOTE]

Moore, Nelson and Henderson.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'd go with Rice and Jackson. My rationale is that you gotta run with your horses. I don't hate the Bradshaw play though, I just personally would go Rice.

And Nicks for sure, I fully expect him to break out this week as long as he's playing.[/QUOTE]Thanks Jimbo. I appreciate the answer. I am going to start Rice; I was thinking about sitting him Week 1 when he played Pittsburgh; I started him then and that worked out well, so he's in. I just heard yesterday that the Bengals are currently the #3 defense. :shock: Here I'd been thinking that Jackson had a sweet matchup. Maybe I should be thinking about sitting him in favor of Bradshaw. Can't sit Jackson the way he's playing, though.

At WR, right now I've got Nicks and Moss in because it's starting to sound like VJax might not play this week.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I have been starting Devery Henderson since Marques Colston went down but Colston is a maybe for this weekend. Should I start either one of them or Mohamed Massaquoi (also questionable) this weekend? I feel like I could be screwed all way around.

I see Shin kinda has the same delimna with the NO wr position.[/QUOTE]I think I'd wait at least one week before I'd start Colston, just to see how much he plays. For this week, at least, I think Henderson is still the safer play. Massaquoi has a nice matchup, though. I don't know what his injury status is, but if it sounds like he's starting and should be 100%, I might give him the nod over both of your Saints WRs for this week.

[quote name='shinryuu']Pick 3 WRs:
Denarius Moore
David Nelson
Percy Harvin
Devery Henderson
Marques Colston
Victor Cruz[/QUOTE]

Harvin
Moore
and Cruz

Can't trust Colston or Devery just yet, need to see how they playout this week to get a feel for next.

Gates is out for the week. Do I play Gresham vs. Buffalo or pick-up Randy McMichael (SD backup TE) vs. Miami? There's no one else worthwhile to pickup.

Roethlisberger @HOU or Cutler vs CAR?

I can't really decide. Projections favor Big Ben, but he has been a little shaky this season.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Roethlisberger vs HOU or Kolb vs SEA?

Should I keep riding Gronkowski over Witten until the Gronk bubble pops?[/QUOTE]Big Ben and yeah, keep riding Gronk.

[quote name='Warner1281']Gates is out for the week. Do I play Gresham vs. Buffalo or pick-up Randy McMichael (SD backup TE) vs. Miami? There's no one else worthwhile to pickup.[/QUOTE]I'd grab McMichael. If Gates misses more time, you've got his handcuff.

[quote name='darthbudge']Roethlisberger @HOU or Cutler vs CAR?

I can't really decide. Projections favor Big Ben, but he has been a little shaky this season.[/QUOTE]Big Ben. I think that game may be a shootout.

As much as I want to start Foster, I'm sure his workload will be light. I guess I'll start Lloyd/Jennings/Moore this week.

I've got McCluster and Moore on the bench. I'm playing Tampa Bay's D

Looking for some advice on my team.

Pick 2 WR's:
Marques Colston
Deion Branch
Robert Meachem
Pierre Garcon

Pick 2 RB's:
Peyton Hillis
Tim Hightower
Rashard Mendenhall

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='kube00']Rbs go with Mendenhall and Hillis

I think Colston is still out[/QUOTE]
Colston is active for today. I was also kind of feeling Hightower especially since the Cards are against the Rams today

Everyone wondering about starting Saints WRs: they're playing Jacksonville, so it's very possible that you'll only get a half of production out of them (if that). Might be a blowout. Just something to think about.

Which defense: NYJ (@Bal) or NO (@ Jac)?

Raven's D...saving my ass in my none money league. With Ford back on the Raiders it might be time to say goodbye to Moreno.

Went with this
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Moore, Nelson and Henderson.[/QUOTE]
instead of this
[quote name='Kilraven']Harvin
Moore
and Cruz

Can't trust Colston or Devery just yet, need to see how they playout this week to get a feel for next.[/QUOTE]

=[ would've had 18 extra points. Either way, Sanchez lost my matchup. Yesterday, I was seriously thinking of dropping Sanchez for Hasselback too. argh

1-3 in my "big" money league, 3-1 in my small money league. -___-

Undefeated in the two leagues I actually care about (money league and the wombat league). I'm up 6 or 8 and he has noone left and I have blount. Should I sit him just incase something crazy happens?

I'm up 18 in my game, with my team done and my opponent having Tampa's D still to play. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of scoreboard watching tonight when I'm at work.

bread's done
Back