Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

[quote name='Kilraven']The problem with Branch is, much like Saints' receivers, you just don't know who's going to get in ball. With Ward, you know you're getting around 10 targets (min) and about half of those caught.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Same reasons I would go with Ward over Branch also.

@JStryke - I would go with Smith. Gresham would not be a bad idea. I have Daniels in one of my leagues and I'm considering sitting him for Grontkowski.

Would anyone give up Mendenhall and Steve Smith (Car) for AP?

I really wanna unload Mendenhall, as I have Wallace and will probably see polarized point totals unless Pitt is dropping 35+ points per game.

[quote name='Dendaman']Would anyone give up Mendenhall and Steve Smith (Car) for AP?

I really wanna unload Mendenhall, as I have Wallace and will probably see polarized point totals unless Pitt is dropping 35+ points per game.[/QUOTE]

I would do that, but maybe try to get a wr too.

[quote name='Dendaman']Would anyone give up Mendenhall and Steve Smith (Car) for AP?

I really wanna unload Mendenhall, as I have Wallace and will probably see polarized point totals unless Pitt is dropping 35+ points per game.[/QUOTE]

Who are your other WRs?

[quote name='Over easy']Who are your other WRs?[/QUOTE]

Fitz, Wallace, Stevie Johnson, Devery Henderson, Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones.

Kind of a weird situation though...I want to get rid of Mendenhall, but in doing so I need to get a stud RB in return, while giving up depth at WR and not addressing the fact that I'm thin at RB.

What a brilliant draft decision. :roll:

[quote name='Dendaman']Fitz, Wallace, Stevie Johnson, Devery Henderson, Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones.

Kind of a weird situation though...I want to get rid of Mendenhall, but in doing so I need to get a stud RB in return, while giving up depth at WR and not addressing the fact that I'm thin at RB.

What a brilliant draft decision. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Even without Smith you have plenty of depth. I would do the trade.

Love when this happens- my opponent this week has Marques Colston as one of his starting WRs. All he has on his bench at WR is Sidney Rice (also out) and Derrick Mason. I've been wondering all week who he put in for. Our league site automatically puts waiver moves through early Saturday morning, and I just checked- he didn't put in for anyone! If he's paying that little attention to his team, I wonder if he'll even swap Mason in for Colston. He's got a pretty solid starting lineup and he could definitely win in spite of himself. I'll take any breaks I can get. :)

Speaking of waiver moves, I added Ryan Fitzpatrick. Would you guys go with Fitzpatrick (vs. OAK), or Sam Bradford, who practiced at full speed on Friday; apparently the finger is feeling better- (@NYG)?

[quote name='Danimal']Love when this happens- my opponent this week has Marques Colston as one of his starting WRs. All he has on his bench at WR is Sidney Rice (also out) and Derrick Mason. I've been wondering all week who he put in for. Our league site automatically puts waiver moves through early Saturday morning, and I just checked- he didn't put in for anyone! If he's paying that little attention to his team, I wonder if he'll even swap Mason in for Colston. He's got a pretty solid starting lineup and he could definitely win in spite of himself. I'll take any breaks I can get. :)

Speaking of waiver moves, I added Ryan Fitzpatrick. Would you guys go with Fitzpatrick (vs. OAK), or Sam Bradford, who practiced at full speed on Friday; apparently the finger is feeling better- (@NYG)?[/QUOTE]

Fitzpatrick...Bradford has nobody worthwhile at WR and Steven Jackson will be out it looks like.

[quote name='Dendaman']Fitzpatrick...Bradford has nobody worthwhile at WR and Steven Jackson will be out it looks like.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's the way I'm leaning, and exactly the reasons why.

[quote name='jbrun85']Matt Schaub vs Matthew Stafford?[/QUOTE]Seeing as they're both going against D's that got torched for 4 TD passes last week, you could probably flip a coin and be fine either way. Megatron missed a couple days of practice this week and is listed as questionable. If he's out, definitely Schaub. If Megatron plays, I think I'd lean toward Stafford.

Too early for a trade like that. If Cam is for real, then you've given him a top 10 WR. And unless the Vikes develop a passing game soon, you're looking a full box against AP weekly - not a scenario I'd want for my stud back (see CJ3 last year).

[quote name='Danimal']Speaking of waiver moves, I added Ryan Fitzpatrick. Would you guys go with Fitzpatrick (vs. OAK), or Sam Bradford, who practiced at full speed on Friday; apparently the finger is feeling better- (@NYG)?[/QUOTE]

Fitz. Bradford may have talent, but he really hasn't shown he can put up great fantasy points.

[quote name='jbrun85']Matt Schaub vs Matthew Stafford?[/QUOTE]

I really like Schaub this week.

I have both and Fitzpatrick as my third in my keeper league. I'm going with Stafford, which means Schaub will probably do better.

[quote name='Danimal']Would you guys go with Fitzpatrick (vs. OAK), or Sam Bradford, who practiced at full speed on Friday; apparently the finger is feeling better- (@NYG)?[/QUOTE]

I'd go with Fitzpatrick... although that might be a homer pick since I'm a huge Giants fan. I don't think the Giants can play worse than they did last week (they were missing 7 defensive players!) so their pass rush should be much better. Jackson is likely out (or iineffective if he does play) annd Amendola is out too. Bradford won't have many options.

Toss up probably but I really like Stafford this year as long as he is healthy - I think he is making "the jump" and we are all witnessing it.

I like Tolbert over Boldin.

Cam Newton vs GB or Eli Manning vs STL? The only thing keeping me from starting Eli is the fact he won't have Nicks. =/

Am I starting the best possible lineup?
week2.jpg

[quote name='gbpackers94']Am I starting the best possible lineup?
week2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like Manningham over Henderson. No Nicks for NY plus any Saints WR is a toss-up.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I like Manningham over Henderson. No Nicks for NY plus any Saints WR is a toss-up.[/QUOTE]

Okay I switched that. Anything else? Mainly worried about Tolbert and Blount.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Okay I switched that. Anything else? Mainly worried about Tolbert and Blount.[/QUOTE]I like them both this week, but I'd lean toward Blount. I think he'll bounce back from last week.

Still tormenting myself over my Nicks/Moss decision. I'm playing it safe and going with Moss, but I have a bad feeling Nicks plays and goes off Monday night.

[quote name='gbpackers94']So should I try and pick up McCluster or Thomas Jones?[/QUOTE]
With KC's offense, you might want to explore other options.

Up 55 points. My dad has manningham and Bryant (kicker). I say I'm looking pretty good this week. Gresham was a bust, but Mercedes Lewis for him also scored zero.

Wow, you guys were totally right in sticking with Rivers over Colt (or Matt Hasselbeck, who is on FIRE). Seriously, what is up with the Pats defense right now...? Did go with Chandler over Davis for TE, which worked in my favor. Both had DICK for yards, but Chand got an TD. Right now I'm up 10 points (average is about 80-90 per game in our league) with Maclin and Michael Turner left, while the other guy has Matt ryan, Roddy white, and Mario Manningham.

Won in one league by 80.
In my money league Foster didnt do jack, and Lloyd didn't play
I also didnt start Jackson at RB....

DAMNIT! Last minute added Eddie Royal to fill in for Brandon Lloyd (who I thought was gonna play)... got a solid 1.8 pts. Knew I shoulda picked up Decker instead.

Now I am down 13 pts and all I have left is Lesean McCoy. He has Phillys Kicker. I do not like my chance much... its pretty much a tossup at this point. A quarter in and McCoy still hasn't shown up.

Figures now Maclin decides to show up (has 9 points for me so far on my bench). Not that I needed him anyways, but still.

[quote name='JStryke']Figures now Maclin decides to show up (has 9 points for me so far on my bench). Not that I needed him anyways, but still.[/QUOTE]

Id much rather be in your position... Really wish I wouldve just stuck with Mike Sims Walker. Least then I would have a reason to watch monday night, and have easily more than a 1.8 pt performance from my WR.

Losing when you have 125 pts in a 12 man league is the worst feeling in the world...

[quote name='Steggy']Id much rather be in your position... Really wish I wouldve just stuck with Mike Sims Walker. Least then I would have a reason to watch monday night, and have easily more than a 1.8 pt performance from my WR.

Losing when you have 125 pts in a 12 man league is the worst feeling in the world...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Last I looked, I think I have the 5th highest out of 30 teams (3 10 team divisions though). Having the 2nd highest and losing definitely sucks.

Pretty bad when Jamaal Charles has more points combined than my TE (Pettigrew), Flex (R.Bush), and Defense (Oakland). Now, Vick is hurt for me. Sad thing is, my WR and RB's did great. Oh well.....I concede this week.

wow... huge day for Shady. Thanks again :D

Right now up by 3.5

All he has left is phillys kicker. Good thing they need a touchdown here :D!!!

Looks like I'm going 3-0 in my leagues this week. The only bad move I made in all 3 was benching Britt in my main league. I guess he's a permanent starter now.

Heh. Not counting my kicker / defense, my starting offense scored 83. My bench? 85. And I still win by 50 - whatever Manningham scores. Too funny. Of course Maclin / Nelson on my bench had half of those 85 just by themselves.

Well, I'm glad that I decided not to stick with San Diego's defense this week, but my decision to go with the Bills defense didn't help me out either.

Unfortunately, if I wasn't so disillusioned with the Colts last week I could've won today. With Vinatieri's 0 performance last week, I cut him from my roster. Figures that he ends up being one of this week's top scorers. Oh well. I don't trust the Colts sans Manning enough to add him once again. I'm now looking to jump on John Kasay (NO) for my kicking needs until Hartley returns.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Looks like I'm going 3-0 in my leagues this week. The only bad move I made in all 3 was benching Britt in my main league. I guess he's a permanent starter now.[/QUOTE]

I've started Britt both weeks since Sidney Rice has been out. I thought picking him was a mistake during my league's draft, but like you've mentioned, he has turned out to be a must-start rockstar. Let's just hope that his performance persists.

[quote name='JStryke']Figures now Maclin decides to show up (has 9 points for me so far on my bench). Not that I needed him anyways, but still.[/QUOTE]

Same here my friend. Same here. On the bright side I still have Mario Manningham yet to play at least. Expect big things from him.

2nd game in the row where one of my bench guys has a career game. Last week being Mike Tolbert. Both weeks it wouldn't have helped me but I would've at least been over 100 each. :wall:

[quote name='JStryke']Yeah. Last I looked, I think I have the 5th highest out of 30 teams (3 10 team divisions though). Having the 2nd highest and losing definitely sucks.[/QUOTE]

You are in a 30 team fantasy league??? Sick.

In other news my Stafford/Kolb QB combo that had me worried at the beginning of the year has been ridiculous so far.

[quote name='Javery']You are in a 30 team fantasy league??? Sick.[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstand. How it works is, yes, there are 30 total teams, there are only 10 teams in each division (so 3 divisions). You only draft and play against the teams in your division (so there's 3 separate drafts). However, the playoff spots, one from each of the three divisions gets in, and then the other 27 teams are all fighting for the same wildcard spots (5, for a total of 8 playoff teams). So in the playoffs, it's very possible that your opponent may have one or more of the same players that you do. This can help or hurt you depending how you look at it. To use last year as an example, in the championship round, we both had vick and at least one other player. Vick was injured, and funnily enough, we both start Tebow (not sure if he had him earlier, but I picked him up just for that game). If I started any other (or mostly any other) QB, I would have lost. Instead, I won the championship.

There's also the kitty league that all 30 players are put in as well. How that works is the team you draft, is the team you're stuck with all year and the top four teams to score the most points with the team they drafted can win money that way as well.

[quote name='Javery']You are in a 30 team fantasy league??? Sick.

In other news my Stafford/Kolb QB combo that had me worried at the beginning of the year has been ridiculous so far.[/QUOTE]

i really wanted to set up a 32 team league this year. but yahoo only went up to 20 and i didnt bother looking into mystery sites.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i really wanted to set up a 32 team league this year. but yahoo only went up to 20 and i didnt bother looking into mystery sites.[/QUOTE]

We use Fantrax (have been for the last...3 years I think). I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's free leagues on there. How many teams they allow or to what extent they limit free leagues (if they do limit them) I have no idea though.

Ugh, one of my teams is severely lacking in the WR department. I'm 0-2 in this league and have the #1 WW priority this week. I'm gonna drop Bess for Decker, however there are some other WRs/TEs still available (McCluster, Nate Washington, Scott Chandler, Denarius Moore, David Nelson). If possible, I'd pick up two but then I'd have to drop someone I may not want to (Knowshon Moreno, Percy Harvin, Reggie Bush, or Plaxico Burress).

Should I drop Bess for someone else instead?

Here are my WRs:
Devery Henderson
Percy Harvin
Plaxico Burress
Marques Colston
Davone Bess

The flex position in this is league is WR/TE, hence why I'm looking to pick up a WR/TE.

Trying to seek out a trade by selling Tate to the Foster owner, but I'm hesitant on that as well cause my RBs are only decent and Tate might be a good keeper in the future.

My RBs:
MJD
Ryan Matthews
Knowshon Moreno
Reggie Bush
Tate

HALLPPP

my TE's are really no good. Winslow and Kendricks. Should I pickup Chandler from BUF or Davis from WASH

I'm #1 wavier priority, I'm 2-0 and first in points in the league. I thought Davis was the no brainer but Chandler already has 3 TDs, so now I'm torn.

Thanks for any feedback.

Major decisions this week:

RB3- Tolbert, Blount, Cadillac, or Tate
WR2- AJ Green, Manningham, or Devery
TE- Jermichael, or Grownkowski

Heeeeeelp me!

[quote name='gbpackers94']Major decisions this week:

RB3- Tolbert, Blount, Cadillac, or Tate
WR2- AJ Green, Manningham, or Devery
TE- Jermichael, or Grownkowski

Heeeeeelp me![/QUOTE]

RB3- I would go Blount. S-Jax and Foster could come back. Tolbert has scored all the TD so far, but fumbled big and was stopped multiple times at the goal line. So Mathews could start getting more chances.

WR2- This one goes who has the best QB, so I would choose Devery all day. Especially against the Texans.

TE- Jermichael, but only because I think he has to breakout soon. Right?

[quote name='DestroVega']my TE's are really no good. Winslow and Kendricks. Should I pickup Chandler from BUF or Davis from WASH

I'm #1 wavier priority, I'm 2-0 and first in points in the league. I thought Davis was the no brainer but Chandler already has 3 TDs, so now I'm torn.

Thanks for any feedback.[/QUOTE]

I would actually go with Chandler, since the Bills are going to have to put up a lot of points to stay close with the Pats, so that means possible goal line TDs.

^Tate, if Foster is ruled out. Otherwise, Blount.
Devery Henderson
Gronkowski, especially since Aaron Hernandez is out and the NE offense is hot.

[quote name='shinryuu']snip[/QUOTE]
waewaeawlrkjwe I'm throwing a hail mary and dropping Bess for D. Moore even though I feel David Nelson and Decker may be more consistent.

Got offered Foster for Ryan Matthews. Should I take it? I have Tate and I'm starting him or Matthews alongside MJD. =/

bread's done
Back