Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

[quote name='alucard8319']Nate Washington, M.Manningham, or S. Greene in flex? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Greene. Jets are saying they're shifting their offensive focus back to the running game.

Real quick...Tolbert (@ Den) or Redman (vs. Ten)? Leaning towards Redman, although Titans D is good and Pitt's o-line is a mess

[quote name='Dendaman']

Real quick...Tolbert (@ Den) or Redman (vs. Ten)? Leaning towards Redman, although Titans D is good and Pitt's o-line is a mess[/QUOTE]

I'd go Redman just based on number of touches he'll get even against a good Titan's D. Tolbert is almost being phased out with the exception of being the goal line back and on passing downs.

[quote name='Reo 15x']Who should be my WR this week?
Nate washington, Eric Decker, or Sidney Rice? this is a PPR League[/QUOTE]

I like Decker.

[quote name='alucard8319']Nate Washington, M.Manningham, or S. Greene in flex? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Greene.

[quote name='Dendaman']Greene. Jets are saying they're shifting their offensive focus back to the running game.

Real quick...Tolbert (@ Den) or Redman (vs. Ten)? Leaning towards Redman, although Titans D is good and Pitt's o-line is a mess[/QUOTE]

Redman, like someone else said, at least you are sure that he'll get the touches.

Decided to bench Nelson (Buf) and pick up Sidney Rice off waivers. I figure Seattle is probably going to be throw a bunch and Williams might not play.

I also decided to bench Tolbert for Greene.

I fell to 3-2 this week after having one of those weeks that we all know and love so well- when you're the second highest scoring team in the league for the week, but you play the highest scoring. :roll:

At least the guy I was tied for first with lost as well. His opponent only scored 78, but the bye week thinned him out so much that was enough to beat him. Lots of really low scores in my league this week with the byes.

Naturally, I listen to all the hype and start the Titan's D this week and Big Ben decides to go balls deep on them. "Ben is hurt and their o-line is in shambles. Should be a big day for Tennessee" A big fat (-2) day!

Also thanks Mike Vick for throwing those four picks, that also helped my cause a whole bunch....:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Looks like I am going to drop to 1-4 this week unless Crosby happens to go nuts (go FGs!) & the Bears somehow contain Megatron.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Decided to bench Nelson (Buf) and pick up Sidney Rice off waivers. I figure Seattle is probably going to be throw a bunch and Williams might not play.

I also decided to bench Tolbert for Greene.[/QUOTE]

I did almost the same thing. Had to start 3 WRs out of the following:
DeSean Jackson
Sidney Rice
David Nelson
Malcolm Floyd
Mario Manningham
Dez Bryant (bye)

Jackson is a no brainer but for the other two I went with Rice and Manninghan..:wall::wall::wall:

Brandon Lloyd did nothing and neither did Moore on Oak...but I still might have him.

I've up by 35, he has Det's D, Forte, and Pettigrew

I'm down 1 point (83.84 to 84.84) with two players left to go, my Robbie Gould against his Lions defense.

I don't like this.

Dear Jahvid Best,

I'm down 15 points and I need 16 points from you tomorrow so I can win.

thanks in advance,

emg28

I dropped Big Ben and picked up Alex Smith. Real stupid move by me. I also had Brandon Lloyd starting over Pierre Garcon. I am still up 17 points and have Matt Forte left. My opposition has Jahvid Best and the Bears defense left. Hope Forte has a big game today.

[quote name='Dendaman']I'm up 0.67, he has Cutler to go...c'mon Jay, pull a Kyle Orton ONE TIME[/QUOTE]

You have a decent shot at that. If Cutler gets rattled he could easily become a turnover machine.

[quote name='emg28']Dear Jahvid Best,

I'm down 15 points and I need 16 points from you tomorrow so I can win.

thanks in advance,

emg28[/QUOTE]

I would love to see Detroit do all of their scoring thru Best. I have a 22 pt lead but my opponent has Megatron tonight.

[quote name='Javery']I need to 26 from Stafford tonight to win. Ugh. Not looking good.[/QUOTE]
I think you've got a pretty good shot at it unless the Lions just fold under the national spotlight. I love my Bears but they are not very good against the pass. That's why it scares the hell out of me that my opponent has Megatron tonight. Normally I'd feel pretty good about having a 22 pt lead and my opponent only having one WR left but not when his name is Calvin Johnson!

[quote name='kube00']Got any leads on some hot WRs to pick up for next week?[/QUOTE]

Kevin Walter may be serviceable until Andre gets back; Heyward-Bey has been stepping up the past couple of weeks.

[quote name='Chitown021']I think you've got a pretty good shot at it unless the Lions just fold under the national spotlight. I love my Bears but they are not very good against the pass. That's why it scares the hell out of me that my opponent has Megatron tonight. Normally I'd feel pretty good about having a 22 pt lead and my opponent only having one WR left but not when his name is Calvin Johnson![/QUOTE]

I hope you are right but to get 26 points I'd need him to throw like 3TDs. We get 6 points per TD and 4 points for every 100 yards.

[quote name='kube00']Got any leads on some hot WRs to pick up for next week?[/QUOTE]

Victor Cruz? I was debating between him and the backup Steelers RB to replace Mendenhall this week and made the absolute wrong choice. Ugh.

[quote name='Javery']I need to 26 from Stafford tonight to win. Ugh. Not looking good.[/QUOTE]

I need 17 from Detroit's defense tonight, which might happen...

[quote name='Over easy']I need 17 from Detroit's defense tonight, which might happen...[/QUOTE]
Yes, with Cutler and that horrible O-Line it's very possible.

[quote name='kube00']Cruz is gone in my 12 man league. I'll check on Kevin Walter and Heyward-Bey[/QUOTE]

Same here. Cruz was nabbed after his big game a few weeks ago. And here I am stuck with Mario Manningham, BUM!

I might have to take a stab at Heyward-Bey in my league.

And... I'm officially down 2-3. I knew Matt Forte would drive the nail into my heart but really, when you're playing Aaron Rodgers, starting Josh Freeman isn't going to cut it.:cry:

Went from down 1 to winning by 1 thanks to Gould's pair of 50+ yarders and Cutler's newfound ability to stay upright. Yay!

[quote name='JJSP']Went from down 1 to winning by 1 thanks to Gould's pair of 50+ yarders and Cutler's newfound ability to stay upright. Yay![/QUOTE]

Whew, I barely survived as well. Had a 22 pt lead coming in but was facing Megatron. He ended up with 19:applause:.

I was sweating out that whole second half after Johnson scored on that 75 yard TD.

fucking Jahvid Best. He wasn't involved in my match-up directly but I only needed another 5 points from Stafford to win and he basically killed their passing game. I'm 3-2 with the second most points scored in the league so I'm going OK but I was 3-0 to start and the last 2 weeks haven't been that great. The guy with the most points is 2-3 though (he lost for the 3rd time while scoring the second most points for the week) so I can't complain I guess. The first place team in our league is 5-0 and 6 teams have more points than him. Bastard.

fucking Jahvid Best. He really came through with 22 points. That 88 yard TD run was really satisfying. I guess I got away with playing D. Clark (0 points) and leaving V. Cruz on my bench (20 points). I'm 4-1 after losing my first game by 3 points.

Am I crazy for considering giving Julio Jones for Ryan Torain? 10 team league, 3WR, 2RB, 1 flex

Current WRs: Steve Smith, Wallace, Stevie Johnson, Jones, Jordy Nelson
Current RBs: McCoy, Bradshaw, Tolbert, Isaac Redman, Delone Carter, Earnest Graham

[quote name='Dendaman']Am I crazy for considering giving Julio Jones for Ryan Torain? 10 team league, 3WR, 2RB, 1 flex

Current WRs: Steve Smith, Wallace, Stevie Johnson, Jones, Jordy Nelson
Current RBs: McCoy, Bradshaw, Tolbert, Isaac Redman, Delone Carter, Earnest Graham[/QUOTE]

If you make that trade you run the risk of getting fucked by Shanahan. You never know which back he's going to start week to week.

after 5 weeks im making a lot of trade offers in my leagues trying to improve or shake-up my team.

im trying to sell high on jahvid best right now, not sure that i'll be able to find a taker.

also trying to trade jason witten for a WR upgrade.

and trying to package legarrette blount with another player to get a comparable RB.

All right got some decisions to make:

RB
Reggie Bush vs NYJ or Carnell Williams vs GB or Delone Carter vs CIN or Steven Ridley/Danny Woodhead vs Dal?

DEF
Philly vs Wash or NYG vs Buf?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']All right got some decisions to make:

RB
Reggie Bush vs NYJ or Carnell Williams vs GB or Delone Carter vs CIN or Steven Ridley/Danny Woodhead vs Dal?

DEF
Philly vs Wash or NYG vs Buf?[/QUOTE]

Tough call. If it were me I would probably go with Reggie Bush and definitely the NYG D. Philly can't stop anyone right now. Not sure how much Cadillac will play with SJAX back at full strength.

Some moron in my league is trying to trade me Eli Manning, Jermichael Finley, and Nate Washington for Vick & DeSean Jackson!:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

[quote name='Chitown021']Which D should I play this week?

Texans, Steelers, or Bengals?[/QUOTE]

Still gotta go with Steelers against Jax. You could make a case for Cincy I guess but Indy has shown some semblance of life the past couple of weeks.

Big Ben has almost screwed me over for the past 2 weeks. First he sucks it up while I am playing him, then I bench him and he just rapes.

My only big decision is to play the NYJ DEF or NYG DEF? Right now I am leaning towards the NYJ DEF since I think MIA is gonna be the easier opponent. What do you guys think?

[quote name='Dendaman']Still gotta go with Steelers against Jax. You could make a case for Cincy I guess but Indy has shown some semblance of life the past couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

That was my first choice since they will be facing a rookie QB but I was considering Cincy as I think they are the #1 overall defense in the NFL right now statistically and they might be able to rack up some points if they can get Painter to turn it over.

Which QB Sanchez or Ryan? I am leaning towards Sanchez since they are playing Miami and their D is pretty awful.

[quote name='kube00']Defense, who do I use Det/Bal/NYJ?

Should I start Hillis over MJD?[/QUOTE]

Balt's D has been phenomenal this year, there is no reason not to start them every week here on out.

MJD > Hillis. MJD has performed this season, Hillis has not. Until that changes I wouldn't change the line-up except for your Bye week.

[quote name='MrX']Which QB Sanchez or Ryan? I am leaning towards Sanchez since they are playing Miami and their D is pretty awful.[/QUOTE]

I know Ryan hasn't put up the points, but he has put up the yardage. I'd take him over a QB that has his receivers pissed and a team that claims they're going back to the run.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']All right got some decisions to make:

RB

DEF
Philly vs Wash or NYG vs Buf?[/QUOTE]

Carter, everyone else hasn't shown anything... unless you want to risk Caddy in hopes that SJax goes down in the 1st quarter. Also, I'd like to say there has to be a better D option on the WW.

[quote name='Chitown021']Which D should I play this week?

Texans, Steelers, or Bengals?[/QUOTE]

Tough, but I'd lean towards the Bungles. They are considered a top defense (even if they haven't shown as much fantasy-wise).

[quote name='darthbudge']My only big decision is to play the NYJ DEF or NYG DEF? Right now I am leaning towards the NYJ DEF since I think MIA is gonna be the easier opponent. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Jets D. They are going to get you the turnovers.

WR, who do I start? I have Mike Wallace and Maclin as locks, then i have Harvin or Deion Branch as a toss up for my third spot.

bread's done
Back