Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

man I'm in a bind with my wide receivers

Andre vs KC
Randy Moss vs DAL
Miles Austin vs MIN
Brandon Lloyd vs DEN

which one of these guys do I bench? Andre??

Have a dilemma at WR. Can only start 2:

Reggie Wayne @ Was
Malcom Floyd @ Stl
Percy Harvin vs Dal

I'm thinking bench Harvin right now, even with his great game. Moss makes him better, but how much is the question. Floyd has the great matchup, and benching studs is difficult.

[quote name='klwillis45']I picked up Moeaki to fill in for Finley but someone just cut Aaron Hernandez.

Stick with Moeaki or dump him for AH?[/QUOTE]

Hernandez for sure. He is my stand-in for Finley in my league.

[quote name='lordopus99']Hernandez for sure. He is my stand-in for Finley in my league.[/QUOTE] Sorry, I just edited that post.

Sticking with Moeaki this week, I did add Hernandez to my bench though.

I'm picking up Max Hall for my all rookie team. I've lost every game so far in that league but I learn a little about who can make an impact next season.

Since Big Ben is coming back this week against Cleveland, I'm wondering if I should start him instead of Flacco, who also has a favourable matchup against NE. Any suggestions?

It's hard to know what to expect from Big Ben in his first week back. He's got a nice matchup, but he could be very rusty. I'm debating it myself, although in my case it's a question of whether to start Mike Wallace in place of under-performing Marques Colston. I'm leaning toward playing it conservatively, taking a week to see how Big Ben looks, and giving Colston one more week to start and show me something. Knowing my pathetic track record of making lineup decisions, that probably means you'd be better off going with Big Ben.

2 WR slots + 1 flex

Thomas Jones (RB @ Hou)
Eddie Royal (@ Jets)
Nate Washington (@ Jac)
Brandon Tate (@ Bal)
Santana Moss (@ Ind)
Danny Amendola (@ SD)

I'm inclined to go with Amendola (With Clayton out, he'll be the go to) and Moss, but I really have no idea who to pick for the flex spot. With Jones seeing less carries lately, I'll probably bench him this week.

1 RB + 1 Flex Spot for the following:

Michael Bush
Shonn Greene
Mike Sims-Walker
Brandon Tate (not looking to start him)

I'm leaning toward just using both RBs, but let me know what you guys think.

Also, Aaron Hernandez, Shockey or Tony Gonzo?

Which 4 should I start? (1 Qb max)
Ryan Matthews, Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Ryan Torain, Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Chad Henne, or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I'd personally start Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Hillis and Fitzpatrick although I believe it is the Buffalo bye week so that won't be good for this week.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'd personally start Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Hillis and Fitzpatrick although I believe it is the Buffalo bye week so that won't be good for this week.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah forgot about the bye week for fitzpatrick. I'm not sure about hillis, he's questionable and hes playing the Steelers :S

[quote name='JStryke']Have a dilemma at WR. Can only start 2:

Reggie Wayne @ Was
Malcom Floyd @ Stl
Percy Harvin vs Dal

I'm thinking bench Harvin right now, even with his great game. Moss makes him better, but how much is the question. Floyd has the great matchup, and benching studs is difficult.[/QUOTE]

Still not 100% on this one and looking for some last minute advice.

[quote name='JStryke']Still not 100% on this one and looking for some last minute advice.[/QUOTE]

Rams pass D is ranked 24th and Dallas is 7th. Based on that I would go with Floyd and Wayne.

Thanks to byes and injuries I'm thin at RB#2 this week. Help me pick one:

- Brandon Jackson vs. Miami
- The Law Firm vs. Baltimore
- Ricky Williams @ GB

Definitely leaning towards the Firm!

[quote name='gbpackers94']Ben Jarvis(bal), torain (ind), or hillis(pit)?[/QUOTE]

My advice is to avoid Hillis at all costs. Jarvis and Torain is still a tough choice though... flip a coin.

I know I should always go with Peyton, but I have an interesting problem. Should I start him (WAS) or Rivers (STL)? I am actually considering Rivers, given what the Lions did to the Rams last week.

How'd you end up with 2 of the top fantasy QBs? I'd trade one of them for a stud RB or WR.

but.... I'd go with Rivers. I'd imagine that they are going to light St. Louis up pretty bad.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']How'd you end up with 2 of the top fantasy QBs? I'd trade one of them for a stud RB or WR.

but.... I'd go with Rivers. I'd imagine that they are going to light St. Louis up pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I think I might hold onto Rivers for another week, since Manning has the bye next week.

[quote name='craven_fiend']To be honest, I'm not really sure. I think I might hold onto Rivers for another week, since Manning has the bye next week.[/QUOTE]

I think you could probably trade Peyton for just about anybody, and Rivers is a super stud so don't avoid that route either...

Should I start Hillis over Torain?

From the looks off it most of you guys are saying bench him this week.

Should I start LT over Rice?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I think you could probably trade Peyton for just about anybody, and Rivers is a super stud so don't avoid that route either...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I just retracted an offer, I made, for Stephen Jackson and Vernon Davis.

Here's my team, biggest hole is WR (unless Colston shows up)

QB Philip Rivers
RB Frank Gore
RB Jahvid Best
RB/WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Marques Colston
WR Malcom Floyd
TE Greg Olsen
D/ST Bears D/ST
K David Akers, Phi K

Bench

Peyton Manning, Ind QB
Matt Forte, Chi RB
Justin Forsett
Visanthe Shiancoe
Vikings D/ST
Mike Williams, TB
LeGarrette Blount

Still looking into Forte over Bowe.

[quote name='Tony208']Damnit do I bench Andre???

Andre vs KC
Randy Moss vs DAL
Miles Austin vs MIN
Brandon Lloyd vs DEN[/QUOTE]

Keep Andre in.

[quote name='Tony208']Damnit do I bench Andre???

Andre vs KC
Randy Moss vs DAL
Miles Austin vs MIN
Brandon Lloyd vs DEN[/QUOTE]
I'd go with Andre and Austin.

[quote name='kube00']Should I start Hillis over Torain?

From the looks off it most of you guys are saying bench him this week.

Should I start LT over Rice?[/QUOTE]
Torain and Rice would be my calls.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I'm in a h2h PPR league. Should I go with Bradshaw vs Detroit or McCoy vs Atlanta?[/QUOTE]I'd go McCoy.

Take this for what it's worth - but Hillis is becoming the focus of the Brown's offense. Especially with McCoy quarterbackin...he gets flustered and quickly dumps off the option to him.

Although I can't say I'm excited I have to watch the Browns/Steelers game...It was good I finally got to see what he was worth.

Also if James Harrison is ever coming at you...run.

Curses both my teams did terrible today thanks Chicago's Defense! But at least most of the players I benched didn't do anything either, not a great week.

[quote name='kube00']Curses both my teams did terrible today thanks Chicago's Defense! But at least most of the players I benched didn't do anything either, not a great week.[/QUOTE]

Bears D hurt, but not as much as Rivers over Manning. I start Manning, I win. I didn't, so I lost.

My other team is killing it though. Weird points system in that league though. Flaco was huge for me.

So just got offered a trade in my keepers league.

I receive:
Jeremy Shockey

He gets:
Jason Snelling

I currently have Gates as my main TE but he got injured yesterday and looks like he may be out at least 1 game. Picked up Fred Davis to replace him (since Cooley might be out this week). As for RB's I currently have AP, Cadillac Williams, Snelling, Chris Ivory, & Javon Ringer on my team. The thing is, in my league the flex spot also allows TE's so I can possibly have both Gates and Shockey in the same lineup when Gates gets healthy. Think I should do it?

I would. Snelling will have no value while Turner is healthy.

Do you guys think Torain is a sell-high?

[quote name='Mike23']I would. Snelling will have no value while Turner is healthy.

Do you guys think Torain is a sell-high?[/QUOTE]

depends on what you can get for him. when portis comes back his role will diminish, but even when portis was in torain was getting as many carries and could be useful as a flex. im trying to sell him for a WR2 upgrade right now.

edit: tense monday night. im up by 30 with nobody playing tonight. my opponent has MJD and Scobee... could go either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to share this. I have 5 Fantasy leagues, and I am undefeated in one of the leagues. In this one league where I'm undefeated, my team name is fuck Tom Brady, which I find appropriate. This team has not just been winning, they've been winning fairly convincingly. Here are my scores

Week 1 - 111-104
Week 2 - 145-85
Week 3 - 196-154
Week 4 - 169-98
Week 5 - 111-94
Week 6 - 121-97

Every week over 100 points, 4 weeks winning by 20+ points, only 1 week was it a less than 10 point difference. The reason I bring all this up is that my starting lineup for the majority of the season has been this

QB - Orton
RB - Mendenhall, Hillis (Reggie Bush got hurt)
WR - Boldin, Calvin Johnson, Eddie Royal
TE - Gates
FLEX WR/RB/TE - Benjamin Watson
K - Kaeding
DEF - Dallas, but I just recently switched to Kansas City

Now, I get that my WR corp is pretty good, but seriously, how is that an undefeated team that is not only winning, but KILLING people?

[quote name='Tony208']Brady because he's Brady
I just have a feeling hell is going to break out at Cowboys stadium[/QUOTE]

I second this...and SD def can't seem to stop anyone right now.

As for me this week, Romo (NYG) or Orton (OAK)?

bread's done
Back