Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='Warner1281']Need to play 2 of the 3:

Brandon Marshall (Pit)
Dwayne Bowe (Jac)
Benjarvus Green-Ellis (SD)[/QUOTE]

Marshall and Bowe. Belichick seems to like Woodhead.

[quote name='hfs991hfs']Devin Hester, Derrick Mason, or Nate Washington

I CANT DECIDE[/QUOTE]

Hester

I made a bold move and dropped Addai, Collie, and Dallas Clark. I just don't see them getting better quick enough to get me into the playoffs and even if they do, how can you trust them, they won't be 100%. My roster is pretty deep so I won't be dead in the water.

[quote name='Tony208']Nice but you don't have a kicker?
I like that 144 point beatdown even with the QB and pocket hercules combining for 6 points lol[/QUOTE]
Picked up another TE in place of my kicker. If Gates is going to be out, then I'll stash him in my IR spot to free up a spot for a kicker. If he's playing, then I'll drop the backup TE I picked up for a kicker. Hopefully I'll know of Gates' status before the first set of games start on Sunday.

[quote name='Tony208']I made a bold move and dropped Addai, Collie, and Dallas Clark. I just don't see them getting better quick enough to get me into the playoffs and even if they do, how can you trust them, they won't be 100%. My roster is pretty deep so I won't be dead in the water.[/QUOTE]

How long is Clark out for? I might consider dropping him because all of my bench guys are either hurt or have a bye and I need top pick up a DEF to replace the Jets.

[quote name='javeryh']How long is Clark out for? I might consider dropping him because all of my bench guys are either hurt or have a bye and I need top pick up a DEF to replace the Jets.[/QUOTE]
He's done for the season.

Brandon Marshall is a must start every week as far as I'm concerned, Dwayne Bowe would be a great start this week against the miserable pass defense of the Jags. You can't trust Benjarvus Green-Ellis to do anything, the Pats are so unpredictable with who's going to get the bulk of the carries. That Woodhead guy has been playing really well for them, so he might be stealing BGE's carries this week.

[quote name='Warner1281']Need to play 2 of the 3:

Brandon Marshall (Pit)
Dwayne Bowe (Jac)
Benjarvus Green-Ellis (SD)[/QUOTE]

Who should I play? I need one RB and one Flex:

Deangelo Williams vs 49ers
Ryan Matthews vs Patriots
Peyton Hillis @ Saints
Johnny Knox vs Redskins
Steve Smith @ Cowboys

Deangelo Williams and Ryan Matthews are both getting the majority of carries for there squads again, go with them for the best chance at a breakout game.

[quote name='emg28']Who should I play? I need one RB and one Flex:

Deangelo Williams vs 49ers
Ryan Matthews vs Patriots
Peyton Hillis @ Saints
Johnny Knox vs Redskins
Steve Smith @ Cowboys[/QUOTE]

Hillis, obviously, since McCoy is out two starting receivers. For your flex I like Mathews (since, like the Browns, are hurting for receivers); however, Smith on Monday with Nicks as a game time decision is awfully tempting.

I'd go with Hillis and Matthews/Knox

I traded Tomlinson and Boldin for Chris Johnson and Fitzgerald. I have Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson on one team!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']WRS:

Do I start Ward over TO?
Is it worth playing woodhead over Williams (seahawks)?[/QUOTE]

I like Ward over TO. One, with Ben back, Ward will get into better situations. Two, the Bengals' offensive is scary right now - not in the good way. TO has done well while Ocho has not, but they're coming off of a bye and I'm fearful the roles are about to reverse. Not to mention the Bungals have to get Benson (or some running back) into the game a lot more.

As for Woodhead, remember that his points are coming off of a TD each of those games. He is not a player you can expect to get a TD every game. If that was the case he'd still be a Jet. Until he's getting more carries and targets, I'd be hesitant to start him over a starter.

^
Mike Wallace is the deep threat for the Steelers, not Ward
Falcons corner Robinson is out and kevin kolb torched them for 3 tds so both ocho and owens could have a big day
Woodhead got like 63 rushing yards on 11 touches and caught some passes for 52 receiving against the ravens. He is 5.5 yards rushing per attempt over his career. He is not going to explode but he is great for at least 10 points every week or more if ppr league

Should I trade Tom Brady and Ray Rice? I'm getting sick of waiting for them to perform.
Players I have now:
QB- (Tom Brady) Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick
HB- (Ray Rice) Michael Turner, Ryan Matthews, The Law Firm, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis

I could really use help with WRs. Who should I try to get?

Someone in my league has Darren McFadden, Kenny Britt, and Lee Evans. As of right now, a total of 111 points... all sitting on his bench. His score without them? Losing 31-69 at this point.

On one hand no one could have known they'd all have such huge days but 2 of the players he played instead were Ricky Williams and DeSean Jackson (who's out). Really, I don't understand how he's 4-2 in our league when he's making stupid mistakes like starting someone who's out.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Someone in my league has Darren McFadden, Kenny Britt, and Lee Evans. As of right now, a total of 111 points... all sitting on his bench. His score without them? Losing 31-69 at this point.

On one hand no one could have known they'd all have such huge days but 2 of the players he played instead were Ricky Williams and DeSean Jackson (who's out). Really, I don't understand how he's 4-2 in our league when he's making stupid mistakes like starting someone who's out.[/QUOTE]

yup, a guy in my league has britt and mcfadden on the bench. hes actually winning by about 12 points right now, but the other guy has more people to play tonight and tomorrow, so its not a lock.

[quote name='Tony208']No way McFadden would be very productive coming off an injury right? WRONG, he goes for four TD's.[/QUOTE]

Little known fact, they looked at his injury and decided they had the technology to rebuild him better, stronger, faster...

I traded away Moreno, McFadden and TO for Adrian Peterson earlier last week. But my starters are so good those guys were always on the bench.

I'm up 14 pts thanks to Rodgers last night, but my opponent has Miles Austin still to play tonight. Hoping he has a bad night.

[quote name='Tony208']^
Mike Wallace is the deep threat for the Steelers, not Ward
Falcons corner Robinson is out and kevin kolb torched them for 3 tds so both ocho and owens could have a big day
Woodhead got like 63 rushing yards on 11 touches and caught some passes for 52 receiving against the ravens. He is 5.5 yards rushing per attempt over his career. He is not going to explode but he is great for at least 10 points every week or more if ppr league[/QUOTE]

Quick clarification since I missed this:

You're right, Wallace is the deep threat, but Ward is the possession receiver. Possession receivers > Deep threats. Simply put, Deep threats are feast/fame and Possessions are consistent. That said, my meaning of better situations was to imply better YAC.

As for Woodhead, 5.5 YPC doesn't mean anything if you're not even getting double digit carries. I'm not taking away what he has done so far; however, in order for him to be a legit roster spot he has to continue and show signs of increased looks/carries. In a PPR, if you're starting him (not a bye-week fill-in) you're in trouble.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I trade Tom Brady and Ray Rice? I'm getting sick of waiting for them to perform.
Players I have now:
QB- (Tom Brady) Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick
HB- (Ray Rice) Michael Turner, Ryan Matthews, The Law Firm, Ryan Torain, Peyton Hillis

I could really use help with WRs. Who should I try to get?[/QUOTE]

Who is your receivers?

Also, I'd consider starting Fitz over Brady until things change. It's not that Brady is a bad QB (quite the opposite), it's that he's a crappy fantasy QB right now. I'd also shop Mathews with Rice. It's becoming apparent that SD doesn't want to run anymore.

Came into this weekend 6-0, facing the team with the next best record in our league at 5-1. After yesterday's games, he was up 125-97 and his team was done playing. I have Hakeem Nicks going tonight, and I can't believe I still have a shot at pulling this one out. At halftime, he's given me 20.5 points (we give .5 per reception), so I'm only down by 7.5. If I tie him, our bench scoring tiebreaker will give me the win, because once again I had big scorers on my bench. I knew Colston would finally break out the week I got sick of waiting for him to produce, so his 22 points were on my bench, along with Dan Carpenter's 19 (FGs over 35 get +1). I picked up Josh Scobee a couple weeks ago to cover Carpenter's bye, and have stupidly left Carpenter on the bench the past 2 weeks because I liked Scobee's matchups better. The real kick in the balls is that I've been trying to drop Scobee (I feel like an idiot carrying 2 kickers) but I've been undercut on every free agent I've put in for the last 2 weeks. That's the only downside to being 6-0, you're last in the free agent queue.

[quote name='gbpackers94']^ Driver. Garcon. Murphy and davone bess.[/QUOTE]

Not that bad anymore, though you need one elite. Sure Driver is hitting that wall, but Garcon's stock went through the roof (FYI grab Blair White if you haven't already). Bess is starting to look good.

I'd see about getting Nicks, S. Moss, TO, or (if cheap enough, and you may need to package Garcon for this) try for Wayne. After this week, there's too many changes to various Offenses to decipher who will be elite receivers (e.g. 'boys, vikes).

Ugh. I need to get a QB now that Romo is out. The worst team in my league has Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers. I offered him Fitzgerald for Ryan. It's an upgrade at WR for him and he starts Rodgers. Maybe he will bite. I've got Wayne and Nicks as my other WRs so I'm OK in that department.

Don't trade Fitzgerald, just keep benching him until he performs. Just play the QB matchups on the waiver wire. Get Fitzpatrick, Stafford, or Henne.

Romo, Williams, and Austin combined for 9 points... good thing I still won

[quote name='Tony208']Don't trade Fitzgerald, just keep benching him until he performs. Just play the QB matchups on the waiver wire. Get Fitzpatrick, Stafford, or Henne.

Romo, Williams, and Austin combined for 9 points... good thing I still won[/QUOTE]

Realistically I'll never play Fitzgerald unless one of my current WRs get hurt. I guess I need Fitzgerald this week because I think Nicks has a bye but I'd rather have a solid QB. I also have Tomlinson to trade. Maybe I can do that for Ryan. My starting RBs are Chris Johnson, Bradshaw and McFadden. I've got Cutler on my bench but he is awful.

I can't believe how awesome my team is yet I'm not in first place. I've scored 60 points more than then next team but my record is only 4-3 because I also have the second most points scored against me. Two of my losses were against the team with the most points for thew week and I had the second most. So annoying.

Massive dilemma in my fantasy league. I'm 7-0. This week, 4 of my players are on a bye and I have my FLEX spot open, but my only benched player that's playing is Josh Freeman, and I can't put him in.

I can't drop any of my benched guys (Boldin, Hillis, Knox, Ben Watson), and I had to resort to putting Reggie Bush who is going to be VERY limited at my #2 back. Do I drop Freeman, since Orton is my starter, and pick up someone else, or do I just sit with a FLEX position open and hope that I can get by on the rest of my roster (Orton, Royal, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Mendenhall, Bush, Gates, Gano, and KC defense)?

Fair trade? Stupid trade?

I offered Torain/Hillis for Chris Johnson. The guy is desperate for RBs (his only other one on the roster Woodhead). I have Addai (Donald Brown as well now) and AP as my other backs. I have Fitzgerald and Roddy White as my primary receivers. Brady and E.Manning for QBs.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Massive dilemma in my fantasy league. I'm 7-0. This week, 4 of my players are on a bye and I have my FLEX spot open, but my only benched player that's playing is Josh Freeman, and I can't put him in.

I can't drop any of my benched guys (Boldin, Hillis, Knox, Ben Watson), and I had to resort to putting Reggie Bush who is going to be VERY limited at my #2 back. Do I drop Freeman, since Orton is my starter, and pick up someone else, or do I just sit with a FLEX position open and hope that I can get by on the rest of my roster (Orton, Royal, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Mendenhall, Bush, Gates, Gano, and KC defense)?[/QUOTE]

If I were you I'd look ahead to making my week 9 roster as solid as possible and just basically forfeit this week. At 7-0 you can certainly afford the loss.

[quote name='javeryh']If I were you I'd look ahead to making my week 9 roster as solid as possible and just basically forfeit this week. At 7-0 you can certainly afford the loss.[/QUOTE]

I know I can afford the loss, but, selfishly, this is about bragging rights and I wanna see if I can run the table, haha. I think I'm just gonna let this week slide, because I'm facing a 3-4 team who has a similar situation to me with a weaker roster.

Should I send this trade:
Send:Ray Rice and Tom Brady
Receive: Hakeem Nicks and Calvin Johnson

(remember that my top 3 receivers are Garcon, Driver, and Murphy)

[quote name='javeryh']Ugh. I need to get a QB now that Romo is out. The worst team in my league has Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers. I offered him Fitzgerald for Ryan. It's an upgrade at WR for him and he starts Rodgers. Maybe he will bite. I've got Wayne and Nicks as my other WRs so I'm OK in that department.[/QUOTE]

I'd do that trade. Fitz isn't going to do much this year and peeps need to acknowledge that. Even though Hall has performed admirably as QB, he is not Warner. I like Ryan, and I might suggest grabbing Kitna, too.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Massive dilemma in my fantasy league. I'm 7-0. This week, 4 of my players are on a bye and I have my FLEX spot open, but my only benched player that's playing is Josh Freeman, and I can't put him in.

I can't drop any of my benched guys (Boldin, Hillis, Knox, Ben Watson), and I had to resort to putting Reggie Bush who is going to be VERY limited at my #2 back. Do I drop Freeman, since Orton is my starter, and pick up someone else, or do I just sit with a FLEX position open and hope that I can get by on the rest of my roster (Orton, Royal, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Mendenhall, Bush, Gates, Gano, and KC defense)?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how your league is, but looking at your names you can dump Watson. :)

[quote name='MasterSun1']Fair trade? Stupid trade?

I offered Torain/Hillis for Chris Johnson. The guy is desperate for RBs (his only other one on the roster Woodhead). I have Addai (Donald Brown as well now) and AP as my other backs. I have Fitzgerald and Roddy White as my primary receivers. Brady and E.Manning for QBs.[/QUOTE]

Who else are you getting with CJ3? An empty roster spot or a sleeper? Hillis, alone, similar CJ3 numbers (1 fewer TD and more receptions/yards). You're giving up too much for just CJ3, especially with Addai out several weeks - IR worst case scenario.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I send this trade:
Send:Ray Rice and Tom Brady
Receive: Hakeem Nicks and Calvin Johnson

(remember that my top 3 receivers are Garcon, Driver, and Murphy)[/QUOTE]

Send it.

So now that Romo is basically out for the season, I need to find a replacement. For the mean time I picked up Tavaris Jackson as my QB. Should I drop him for any of these other guys?

Matt Moore (Panthers) vs Kansas City
Troy Smith (Niners) vs Broncos

bread's done
Back