Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread

[quote name='kube00']Here we go

RB question
I was going to use Ricky Williams for sure.
I also have Jerome Harrison, Jamaal Charles, and Pierre Thomas, I was leaning toward Charles[/QUOTE]

Charles is the one out of those three I wouldn't start.

well, i won my game this week. im taking 3rd place. not too bad because its the last spot that pays out, i get my money back. last year i was first place though, so its a dip, but at least im consistent. were thinking about raising our buy in for 2010 to $100 per player and paying out more spots, right now its $50 per player and the top 3 get money.

[quote name='Danimal'] This week has that feel of "No matter who I start, I'm going to screw it up somehow and cost myself the championship game".[/QUOTE]Looks like there's a very good chance I'll end up being right about this. I'm down 20 points in my game; my opponent is done, and I have the Vikings D going tonight. If I had started Arizona's D like I originally planned, I'd have won by now. They put up 24 points on my bench. Jonathan Stewart and his 31 points sat on my bench, too. Ouch and ouch.

I got killed by his NY Jets DST. I didn't expect Manning and the starters to play the whole game, but I figured they'd do some damage before they sat down. And a kick return for a TD and a defensive TD?! The football gods hated me yesterday. Naturally, the one TD Indy scores is by Addai, one of my opponent's starting RBs.

Well I'm losing this week since Snelling, Austin, Clark, and Bengals D were busts(should have started J Charles, S Holmes, B Celek and falcons D). Opponent has A Peterson just hope he doesn't go nuts tonight so I have a chance next week.

I'm down 9 points in my championship game. My opponent has no players left, and I only have Ryan Longwell. He can hopefully give me 10 tonight, or at least 9 for a tiebreaker situation. The tiebreaker is bench points. I'm down 14 in that category, but I have Favre and Forte still to play tonight.

Looks like I pulled out the Championship in our CAG yahoo league. :D Thanks everyone for a great season.

I also happen to win 1 of my other 2 leagues in addition.

Well, won 1 out of 3 leagues. Finished second in one, then finished 9th (out of 14, yeesh) in my dynasty league.

Can't wait for next season. I'll have to get in on the CAG league next year.

[quote name='lordopus99']Looks like I pulled out the Championship in our CAG yahoo league. :D Thanks everyone for a great season.

I also happen to win 1 of my other 2 leagues in addition.[/QUOTE]

i finished last in the CAG league. not good. its my own fault, i was slow on the waiver wire and had several games with roster miscues. oh well. ill just have to focus more next year.

Two firsts and a third.

Thing is, the money league I got 1st in I wouldn't have if the 3rd place team actually adjusted their roster last week (which would've gotten a victory and put them against me for the title) and this week (won, but had two freaking backs out). The one I got 3rd in I would've won it all had I played Harrison last week instead of Jennings (out scored the team I would've faced). Funny how these things work out.

[quote name='Kilraven'] So, I'd play:

Austin and Smith-South
MJD and Stewart (regardless of DWill's status)
Arizona D[/QUOTE]Note to self- next season, listen to Kilraven's advice. If I'd set my lineup this way, it would have been smooth sailing to the championship. Instead, I went with MJD and Benson, and Minnesota, and I lost by 20. :wall: Never thought the Vikings D would get pushed around like that.

Just so I could feel a little stupider, I added Garrett Hartley off the waiver wire at the end of the season to replace Robbie Gould, who did very little for me all year. Hartley gave me 4 points while Gould's 13 points sat on my bench. Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but still, insult to injury.

[quote name='Danimal']Note to self- next season, listen to Kilraven's advice. If I'd set my lineup this way, it would have been smooth sailing to the championship. Instead, I went with MJD and Benson, and Minnesota, and I lost by 20. :wall: Never thought the Vikings D would get pushed around like that.

Just so I could feel a little stupider, I added Garrett Hartley off the waiver wire at the end of the season to replace Robbie Gould, who did very little for me all year. Hartley gave me 4 points while Gould's 13 points sat on my bench. Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but still, insult to injury.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Next season, remind me to not listen to you. Had I started either Favre or Mendenhall over Romo or Ward, I would have won. I ended up losing by two points.

I blame Adrian Peterson's fumble in OT. The Vikings were driving, and most likely would have won on a Longwell FG, which would have given me at least 3 points.

bread's done
Back