Far Cry: Instincts Multiplayer

mcgavin27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I know Far Cry is on live but I have a few questions. Is there a splitscreen mode? If so, 4 players? Are there bots or no?

I am just wondering because I was thinking of picking up next week at Target ($28.88, good price) and I don't have live. Is there single-player worth it?

Yes, it's worth it. The single player game is fun. Says 1-4 players, so i'm assuming that means four player splitscreen, and supports sixteen people via system link. No bots.

Single Player is defintely worth it. Multiplayer is awesome. One of the best live games out there, and Single Player experience.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Single Player is defintely worth it. Multiplayer is awesome. One of the best live games out there, and Single Player experience.[/QUOTE]

Console-wise, of course. For a single player FPS, it's suprisingly addictive. I like it (mainly because of the feral abilities) more than the PC version. The multiplayer on Live? I really don't know how I lived before this game came out.

[quote name='RD59']The multiplayer is awwwwwful.[/QUOTE]

You registered over a year ago and that was your first post? Cripes. You must be one of the 12 year old kids I kick out of my rooms.. or you get the crap kicked out of you.

[quote name='Matt Young']I had never heard of this game til last week. I'm surprised by the great reviews... May have to pick it up at TRU on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Get it from Target next week for $28.

Forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. Does TRU pricematch? Because if not, I'm going to wait on this game. All my video game money is going to be spent on the B2G1 deal.

[quote name='Scorch']Yes, it's worth it. The single player game is fun. Says 1-4 players, so i'm assuming that means four player splitscreen, and supports sixteen people via system link. No bots.[/QUOTE]
Thanks I will pick it up. I can still play multiplayer splitscreen so that is good. I just don't like FPS that have multiplayer but are live only (project snowblind!!), since I don't have live. But the single player seems worth it do to what you guys said.
Thanks again for the help.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Do people play this online? It's not even on the top 25 game list on Xbox.com.[/QUOTE]I'm going to pick this up next week from target and rabbitt and some others in the CAG clan plan to as well

Ugh, seems the sale has attracted everyone from Halo 2. Whiny kids and camping dicks. Some guy even went on a verbal rampage, calling me a "fag" over and over for kicking one guy (?). He then mumbled something about Halo and left.

Do people play this online? It's not even on the top 25 game list on Xbox.com.

That list was last updated September 26th, Far Cry wasn't out yet.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Do people play this online? It's not even on the top 25 game list on Xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

that's b/c it hasnt been updated since september 26...almost a month ago...

i hate how they just forget to update that thing sometimes...

Single player is a very fun time. One of the best in a while. Multiplayer is a mixed bag. The predator mode is really fun, definitely worth $30. Your online experience can suck quick though if you get into a room of dumbasses. If you can get some good guys together, it can be pretty fun. Its slower than Halo, but faster and somewhat similar to Ghost Recon 2 in that the first person to shoot will pretty much win. There isn't a whole lot of strategy around.

Actually, I find less dumbasses on this game than any other game. Hopefully, i can get some time and play this more.

somewhat similar to Ghost Recon 2 in that the first person to shoot will pretty much win.

That's not true in the least. I've had people fire off 8 to 10 shots and I kill 'em right away. Aim at the head. It works.

But yeah, the $30 price point made the dumbass number increase. I can't wait to play more though, I can't freakin' get enough of the multiplayer, mostly team chaos and steal the sample.

Not that I know. Good to see more people got this game, felt really alone. For more of an idea.
On My Friend's list I saw:
halo 2
halo 2
x-men
x-men
x-men
x-men
x-men
x-men
x-men

[quote name='rabbitt']Mapmaker is the stuff. So detailed, I see myself wasting away hours on this feature.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there. I haven't tried it out on Live yet, but the single player and map maker are awesome. Best $28.88 (plus tax) I have ever spent.

Ok I think we should get a game going tonight with some Cags, I'll be back home around 1030 cent time, anyone else up for this?

[quote name='H-Town Info']i'm up for some far cry tonight if i ever get home from work :D[/QUOTE]
What's your tag? Mine is frankysox. Oh and by the way sweet avatar and sig, 24 season 4 is going to be released on Dec6th CANT WAIT

I'll try to get Farcry tonight if I can find a Target with one. BB is going to have it for $30 next week, so I guess that's the new MSRP.

JinSanity a puss? Shit, you ain't even on my Friend's list.

Just playing, send me a Friend Request and i'll join. Last night was pretty cool with Scorch, Xecutioner, Jimmie, and Z.

Sorry I couldn't join Mr. A. Someone wanted to use the theater room right as you sent the game invite and another person was playing PS2 in the game room. Two freakin' Xboxes and two TVs, but I couldn't even get a game in. Being host sucks at times.

BTW, is there any way to skip the cinema that occurs right after the title screen? Same thing happens when I played SC Chaos Theory. IIRC, it has something to do with loading or caching, but is there some way to have it load up faster w/o me having to sit through the same cinema over and over?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Sorry I couldn't join Mr. A. Someone wanted to use the theater room right as you sent the game invite and another person was playing PS2 in the game room. Two freakin' Xboxes and two TVs, but I couldn't even get a game in. Being host sucks at times.

BTW, is there any way to skip the cinema that occurs right after the title screen? Same thing happens when I played SC Chaos Theory. IIRC, it has something to do with loading or caching, but is there some way to have it load up faster w/o me having to sit through the same cinema over and over?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a sonuvabitch. You have to download the auto-update, and then sit through it one more time. It will stop after that.

BTW, is there any way to skip the cinema that occurs right after the title screen? Same thing happens when I played SC Chaos Theory. IIRC, it has something to do with loading or caching, but is there some way to have it load up faster w/o me having to sit through the same cinema over and over?

Don't take Far Cry out of the XBox.

I finally played a mulitplayer last night (4 person splitscreen). I had a blast, I may just have to get live to play it on live. Is there a dedicated community or the occasional person on?

The optimatch theirs a shit load. Lot's of predator.

Last night played Resident Evil which was predators after humans. Shit was pimp.

bread's done
Back