Far Cry Instincts: Predator, GRAW, Tomb Raider, and other 360 games, $40 at Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
It's the Asian edition, but has English and will work on a US 360 (according to Play-Asia). Shipping is $3.10.

Thanks to mackaikai for the heads up!

Far Cry Instincts Predator

Other $40 Asian editions witih English that work on US 360's:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Gun
Quake 4
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

:360:Play Asia's Xbox 360 Compatibility Guide

Notes from this thread:
[quote name='OGHowie']Save $5 off $40+ when you pay with paypal
[/quote]

[quote name='ajh2298']Ordered on 4/2, it shipped 4/3, and I got the game today on 4/8. So that was a really nice turnaround for something that was shipping from overseas.[/quote]

[quote name='merkman']Thanks for the heads up all! I ordered Tomb Raider Legend and Tekken 5 for $49.80. Then realized I could pay via Pay Pal and save $5 off a $40+ order. Went ahead and paid via my credit card, and WITH shipping my order was $50.40. Not bad for 2 games, eh? :D[/QUOTE]

That's sounds like a good deal for me as well.

Oh, this could be a problem:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-15-Tekken+5-70-if1-43-99.html
"For JPN/Asian systems only."

Oh well.

[quote name='ajh2298']Also how long untill they check to see if Battlefield 2:MC will work North American systems?[/QUOTE]

All EA games are region encoded. You have to buy that here in the states.

[quote name='KaneRobot']...and suddenly CAG is responsible for the XBox 360 games selling like crazy in Asia.

CRAZY ASIAN EXECUTIVE: "WHAT HAPPEN???"[/quote]

:lol:

I finally got my copy of Far Cry in today, and it's just like everyone else has said. It's exactly the same as the American version except for the "Made in Singapore" under the UPC, and it works just fine on Live. I'm now considering ordering Tomb Raider as well. I'm happy that the versions are all the same, but at the same time I'm annoyed that we're basically getting raped over here for that extra $20. :bomb:

Nothing for me right now as I have the games I'd want from that list, but if this keeps up it could be damn useful in the future.

just a look ahead.
Splinter Cell 4 is up on that list, and it is unknown if it will be US compatible right now.
However, it is 40 dollars and the preorder could always be canceled...

The cheapest way to order one game (that I have found) is to add a pack of tissues to your order.
Do a search for "Tempo petit" and add them along with any of the 360 games to your cart.
Use the $5 off paypal coupon posted earlier in this thread.
My total came out to be: $38.69 including s/h.
If you have found a cheaper way, please post!

Now I have to figure out what to do with the tissues...:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[quote name='k0rrupt0r']

Now I have to figure out what to do with the tissues...:mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

a dude shouldn't be asking this question. hahaha.

I've got my eyes on Condemned, but it's sold out. Not a big deal, I've got a stack of games and have not played them much at all since I got Oblivion.

Anyway, am I the only one who did not care for Far Cry? I did not play the multiplayer though. I just played single player, so is the multiplayer good?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can anyone who ordered from them tell me about shipping? How were the items sent out and what were they packaged in?[/QUOTE]

When I ordered from them I think there was five options for shipping. I ordered 3 games, cheapest shipping was in a bubble mailer, just under $10 no tracking but with insurance 7-10 days. The next choice was a box, standard delivery speed just under $11 no tracking but with insurance 3-6 days (if I remember right). That is what I selected. The other choices increased the speed of delivery but the cost went up pretty fast and included tracking as well as insurance.

[quote name='Import']GRAW and Fight Night Rpund 3 for $80....

Must hold out.....[/QUOTE]

Definately hold off on Fight Night Round 3, cause the asian version wont work on a US Xbox 360.

It's ALL english on my Far Cry 360 disc. The manual, the disc, the case insert. Only diff is the UPC says 'Made in Singapore' instead of 'Proof of Purchase' (but the UPC code is the same).

[quote name='Warlock TCK']What's the news on the achievements? Do they work on a US 360?[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to know this, as well as if there are any kind of gameplay/system differences (XBL, etc.)

I'd definitely drop $40 on Tomb Raider.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']What's the news on the achievements? Do they work on a US 360?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they?? The game works, it's basically identical, it plays on Live...

Is it confirmed that Tomb Raider will work on US systems? It seems like speculation, so just wanted to be sure before I place an order...

damn, tomb raider was taken off of the region free list

good thing i waited til ordering it, what happens to the people who ordered it though?

No, it wasn't, unless you are looking at something different than I am.
Both the list and product page still show it as compatible with US 360s.

The games actual page says it works with US 360s.

tomb3hw.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-tomb%2Braider-70-1bha.html

Just to be sure, I'll call them tomorrow and find out. I ordered a copy a couple days ago so I want to be sure. If not, I guess I have an excuse to go buy it tomorrow (apparently my copy wouldn't ship until May 2nd anyway).

[quote name='rsigley']Goto Xbox 360 click region free games

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html

Tomb Raider isn't on the list anymore and it's been changed to just , J like said above

Hopefully it's just a typo, guess we'll find out soon when the orders start coming in[/QUOTE]

Was it always on that list before? I ask because technically it's not region free unless it works on all NTSC region AND PAL, so far it's just listed as working in NTSC regions (here and Asia/Japan) so in theory it's not a confirmed region free game.

Damn yea, I just know it was listed under the region free one before cause I was looking at it 2 days ago when I ordered GRAW

but now there seems to be two versions one that is NTSC/J

Hopefully it'll be true, I wanna play TR

Sorry if I'm scaring people just noticed it went missing so got confused

Mine also shipped. I checked the website and the copy im getting works for all systems, specifically says "No Region Protection"

My copy shipped today and the web site still says it region free. I also got an email from play-asia promoting the game as region free as well and now shipping.

I do not think anyone will have a problem, Play-Asia is a great company.

Mine shipped as well. *Fingers Crossed*

Hope it works on my US system. I know the website and email specifically says No Region Protection but they have the disclaimer on their compatibility website stating:

"Play-Asia takes no responsibility for the correctness of this information and in general always recommends only to purchase game software that has been designed for the system you own. "

My guess is they test it before they state it works on all systems, so I'm not too worried.

[quote name='mrbungler']My guess is they test it before they state it works on all systems, so I'm not too worried.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do test them. I have spoken to a customer service rep about these games on few occasions and they do test them extensively.

So far Blazing Angels works perfectly fine I have not had a single problem with it.

Mine shipped today too. In the same e-mail they said they are now shipping Okami too. I was about to order it before I realized I don't speak or read Japanese. And I don't have a PS2. *pouts*

My Tomb Raider Legend shipped too. Here is their reply when I asked about compatibility:

"We have tested with this Asian game and it works with the US console. But we will recommend you to confirm its compatibility before you placed an order as we may not able to cancel the order if your parcel was shipped out.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com"

bread's done
Back