Far Cry Instincts: Predator, GRAW, Tomb Raider, and other 360 games, $40 at Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
It's the Asian edition, but has English and will work on a US 360 (according to Play-Asia). Shipping is $3.10.

Thanks to mackaikai for the heads up!

Far Cry Instincts Predator

Other $40 Asian editions witih English that work on US 360's:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Gun
Quake 4
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

:360:Play Asia's Xbox 360 Compatibility Guide

Notes from this thread:
[quote name='OGHowie']Save $5 off $40+ when you pay with paypal
[/quote]

[quote name='ajh2298']Ordered on 4/2, it shipped 4/3, and I got the game today on 4/8. So that was a really nice turnaround for something that was shipping from overseas.[/quote]

[quote name='Stuka']How the fuck are we supposed to 'confirm its compatibility' before we have the game?[/QUOTE]
A gullible generous third party?

[quote name='Stuka']How the fuck are we supposed to 'confirm its compatibility' before we have the game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the email doesn't seem to make much sense, but I'm just gonna assume it will work since they said they tested it.

^Call of Duty 2 is cheaper from Half.com and you don't have to worry about any of that stuff you asked about since it's the NTSC version.

Just wanted to let you know I ordered far cry a few weeks ago and got it in exactly one week from when I ordered. I was supsised how extremly fast they were. Others have said this but the game looks like the same exact thing as the american versions. Box, manual, and disc are exactly identical to the america version (my friend has the american verison). I can still log into the US xbox live, still get achievements. I really thought it was the american versions since I cannot tell a single difference. Me and my friend linked our systems and they worked fine, we both got online and everything..
I emailed play asia a few times and they always got back with me in about 15-20 hours. I wish more games were region free, but for now on I will be buying my games from play-asia!!!!

I'm all for saving money on games and these are really good deals on 360 games. But for some odd reason I find it ironic that a $40 game is considered a deal now. Boy... times have changed.

[quote name='Morpheus']I'm all for saving money on games and these are really good deals on 360 games. But for some odd reason I find it ironic that a $40 game is considered a deal now. Boy... times have changed.[/QUOTE]

Uh, it's not that it's a $40 dollar game or that times have changed (which I find that ironic seeing how gamers paid the same amount if not more for new releases 15 years ago), it's that it's $20 cheaper than normal.

Nothing's changed really, but you've apparently just decided to change the meaning of what a "deal" is. If I really wanted Kingdom Hearts 2 and found it someplace for $30 right after release, then that's what I like to call a deal because it's signifcantly cheaper than it normally is at just about every other retailer.

[quote name='cchen326']Anyone get call of duty 2 yet?[/QUOTE]

i ordered it last week still waiting for it to ship

shoulda got it off half.com tho forgot about that

[quote name='johnwashere']Just wanted to let you know I ordered far cry a few weeks ago and got it in exactly one week from when I ordered. I was supsised how extremly fast they were. Others have said this but the game looks like the same exact thing as the american versions. Box, manual, and disc are exactly identical to the america version (my friend has the american verison). I can still log into the US xbox live, still get achievements. I really thought it was the american versions since I cannot tell a single difference. Me and my friend linked our systems and they worked fine, we both got online and everything..
I emailed play asia a few times and they always got back with me in about 15-20 hours. I wish more games were region free, but for now on I will be buying my games from play-asia!!!![/QUOTE]

I ordered this over 2 weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped... My order says shipping on or before April 24, but nothing yet....

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Uh, it's not that it's a $40 dollar game or that times have changed (which I find that ironic seeing how gamers paid the same amount if not more for new releases 15 years ago), it's that it's $20 cheaper than normal.

Nothing's changed really, but you've apparently just decided to change the meaning of what a "deal" is. If I really wanted Kingdom Hearts 2 and found it someplace for $30 right after release, then that's what I like to call a deal because it's signifcantly cheaper than it normally is at just about every other retailer.[/QUOTE]

I think you misinterpreted my post. What I mean is that last gen and the gens beforehand, $40 for a regular game was never considered a deal, but now with this gen it is. That's what I find ironic. Its like $40 has become the new $30 of past gens. Times have definitely changed.

AfterEdit: I'm talking about overall end price value, while I think you are talking about the value taken off of the original price. Two different things.

[quote name='Morpheus']I think you misinterpreted my post. What I mean is that last gen and the gens beforehand, $40 for a regular game was never considered a deal, but now with this gen it is. That's what I find ironic. Its like $40 has become the new $30 of past gens. Times have definitely changed..[/QUOTE]

Forgive me if I'm wrong but even in the Super NES and N64 generations weren't there occasional $60 price tags? I recall paying pretty much $50 for everything on the N64 and Gamecube that was 1st party.

Keep in mind these are all also "1st generation" next-gen titles. I think $40 is a really good deal for GHOST RECON, TOMB RAIDER on a new console...as good as you'll find!

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Forgive me if I'm wrong but even in the Super NES and N64 generations weren't there occasional $60 price tags? I recall paying pretty much $50 for everything on the N64 and Gamecube that was 1st party.

Keep in mind these are all also "1st generation" next-gen titles. I think $40 is a really good deal for GHOST RECON, TOMB RAIDER on a new console...as good as you'll find![/quote]Yup. I remember paying $79.99 for Shadows of the Empire of the N64 since KB was the only place that had it. The reasoning back then was that cartridge manufacturing costs were high, thus the higher prices. When the industry switched to optical media, the prices went down. Wasn't that one of the big selling points to developers for using optical discs? Now we're back to higher costs, apparently due to higher cost of development. Sucks don't it?

I have a question for you all. I ordered GRAW from this site on the 11th of April and sill haent received it. This is my first time usung the site. So I entered in all of my info adress and such and payed with pay pal to save the xtra $5. I go back to the site today to check on the status of my order and it says no account is registered with that email address. Is this common when paying with pay pal? I have a email from pay pal stating that I did pay but have yet to hear anything from play asia. They dont have a number where you can call so I dont know what to do., I know that it takes alittle longer to get the game being that it comes from asia but I'm confused.

[quote name='dmes65']I have a question for you all. I ordered GRAW from this site on the 11th of April and sill haent received it. This is my first time usung the site. So I entered in all of my info adress and such and payed with pay pal to save the xtra $5. I go back to the site today to check on the status of my order and it says no account is registered with that email address. Is this common when paying with pay pal? I have a email from pay pal stating that I did pay but have yet to hear anything from play asia. They dont have a number where you can call so I dont know what to do., I know that it takes alittle longer to get the game being that it comes from asia but I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

I paid with Paypal too and just got GRAW last Friday...took a couple of weeks but didn't have any problem. Whether you paid with Paypal or not shouldn't have anything to do with your account history not showing up...

Is there a way to check your order number on the site. I got the info from pay pal but playa sis wont let me do anything.

I got my Tomb Raider today, took 5 days to get it from them. Achievements work fine.. Exact same as getting it here in the States or Canada. They also sent me a coupon for $5 off my next order

So far I've made three orders from Play-Asia. Two have shipped and came in seven business days. I'm in MA. My third order (Farcry) is taking quite a while just to ship. I suppose it's because a lot of other people ordered it before me. I have no problem waiting a bit if it saves me $$. I have FFXI and Oblivion to keep me occupied. :bouncy:

Tomb Raider is working nicely. Play-asia gets two thumbs up from me. Thanks CAG

Just ordered GRAW and FarCry and checked status and says estimated shipping on or before May 25th. Anybody else getting the same estimated shipping time. A month seems quite along time.

[quote name='Sweet Tooth']I got my Tomb Raider today, took 5 days to get it from them. Achievements work fine.. Exact same as getting it here in the States or Canada. They also sent me a coupon for $5 off my next order[/quote]
Ditto to the nth degree. Although I think mine took like 7 days to get here. It doesn't even say 'made in Singapore' or whatever on the UPC like people have said other games are. Just 'Proof of Purchase' like always. If the UPC matches up, I'll probably hock it on eBay once I'm done with it.

EDIT: Also, ssimp, my order was placed on April 11th and initially they said it would ship on or after May 2nd, and it ended up shipping on April 19th. I guess it just depends when their stock gets in.

[quote name='Stuka']Ditto to the nth degree. Although I think mine took like 7 days to get here. It doesn't even say 'made in Singapore' or whatever on the UPC like people have said other games are. Just 'Proof of Purchase' like always. If the UPC matches up, I'll probably hock it on eBay once I'm done with it.

EDIT: Also, ssimp, my order was placed on April 11th and initially they said it would ship on or after May 2nd, and it ended up shipping on April 19th. I guess it just depends when their stock gets in.[/QUOTE]

The UPC does match up. There ya go :)

Also, to the poster above -- it all depends on their stock situation. GRAW said shipping in 2-4 weeks; it took about 10 days to get fired off and a few days to get here. It'll be faster than that window, I wouldn't worry about.

Have alot of people gotten their Tomb Raider yet? I've never used their economy shipping before and mine shipped about 6 days or so ago, but I'm figuring it will take them about 2 weeks to get it here.

I e-mailed them about Far Cry (ordered April 10th, estimated shipping date April 24th, not shipped yet...) This was their reply:

thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am very sorry for the delay in shipping your order. There is a sudden
delay caused by our suppliers. We are trying our best to get this item
as
soon as possible. I kindly ask you for patience. Sorry for the
inconvenience caused.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us
again.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com

I hope this doesn't mean that ubisoft & others are catching on and putting an end to play-asia's supply already...

[quote name='PaulDE01']According to play-asia, my Tomb Raider and Far Cry shipped today.[/QUOTE]
My Far Cry shipped today too, that and tissues...

Yeah, I talked to them last week about my order. They had to supply nearly all of their 360 games and they didn't expect the resupply to arrive until today (tuesday).

I've got mine coming w/ some Choco Banana... Good stuff!!!

Anyone know if that GO-PAY-PAL code still works please ?
I just tried it and got an error, but wondered if I haven't clicked the right page etc.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']it expired last month[/quote]
Shame, wish I'd discovered this great site last month.
How are people getting the voucher codes, existing customers ?

cool, so I just need to find someone who's feeling generous and not after a game right now.
in theory, I can let them have the one I receive, right ?

I received my Far Cry and Tomb Raider yesterday. I have only opened and played Far Cry but I seriously can't tell if I have the asian version or the US version. Everything looks like I just purchased it at my local EB. Great deal.

I got mine this week. One thing I wanted to mention is that it's PAL, not NTSC, so I don't know if there will be a difference in frequency between the two formats at 720p. If there is, there may be slight delays in control response.

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']I got mine this week. One thing I wanted to mention is that it's PAL, not NTSC, so I don't know if there will be a difference in frequency between the two formats at 720p. If there is, there may be slight delays in control response.

Jeremy[/QUOTE]

I almost had a heart attack when I didn't see any hint of NTSC compatibility on the box when I got my Tomb Raider today. Rest assured, it works just fine. The disc simply contains both specifications.

FYI, PAL doesn't work on North American TVs (at least not mine), so if anyone is still waiting for their order or just got it and noticed this, don't worry, it works just fine. The Asian copies aren't really just Asian, they're Everybody But The USA copies.

[quote name='mrbungler']I received Blazing Angels today. Works great!! Have not earned any Achievements yet, but I am sure they will work.[/QUOTE]

Achievements work fine for Blazing Angels and all other region free imports.
Blazing Angels takes a little effort to get at least your first achievement.

[quote name='redgopher']I almost had a heart attack when I didn't see any hint of NTSC compatibility on the box when I got my Tomb Raider today. Rest assured, it works just fine. The disc simply contains both specifications.

FYI, PAL doesn't work on North American TVs (at least not mine), so if anyone is still waiting for their order or just got it and noticed this, don't worry, it works just fine. The Asian copies aren't really just Asian, they're Everybody But The USA copies.[/QUOTE]
actually all PAL xbox games have the option to run in 60Hz or 50 Hz, so it will run on any TV.

bread's done
Back