Far Cry Instincts: Predator, GRAW, Tomb Raider, and other 360 games, $40 at Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
It's the Asian edition, but has English and will work on a US 360 (according to Play-Asia). Shipping is $3.10.

Thanks to mackaikai for the heads up!

Far Cry Instincts Predator

Other $40 Asian editions witih English that work on US 360's:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Gun
Quake 4
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

:360:Play Asia's Xbox 360 Compatibility Guide

Notes from this thread:
[quote name='OGHowie']Save $5 off $40+ when you pay with paypal
[/quote]

[quote name='ajh2298']Ordered on 4/2, it shipped 4/3, and I got the game today on 4/8. So that was a really nice turnaround for something that was shipping from overseas.[/quote]

About how long does it take them to test a game and update the guide? I was hoping to pick up MotoGP '06 on the cheap, but it looks like it hasn't been tested yet.

[quote name='Cable387']Damn, is CoD2 ever going to get restocked? :([/quote]

Yeah, I'm waiting on that myself. Does Lik-Sang or any other import site do asian 360 games?

Okay I'm still confused. If I order any of these $40 games they'll be exactly like the game I go into the store and get here? There's no foreign text, the game plays the way it should, online play works, achievements unlock, everything is exactly the same???

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']Okay I'm still confused. If I order any of these $40 games they'll be exactly like the game I go into the store and get here? There's no foreign text, the game plays the way it should, online play works, achievements unlock, everything is exactly the same???[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too. From what I've read yes, since some people even traded in their games to GS/EB, but I'd love if someone could answer this question.

I'm just waiting for an official listing of Enchant Arms because unless it launches or has a special launch sale price at $50 I'm not buying the American version at launch.

I can't wait to see if BFME2, Chrome Hounds and Over-G are region free. That would rock as I don't really want to drop $70 (CAD) on each game.

I can tell you that OverG is listed on their site as Over G Energy Fighters, and it is not region Free. Also, I think BFME2 is an EA game and therefore will not be region free. I cannot speak for Chromehounds...

[quote name='hothitter']I can tell you that OverG is listed on their site as Over G Energy Fighters, and it is not region Free. Also, I think BFME2 is an EA game and therefore will not be region free. I cannot speak for Chromehounds...[/QUOTE]

that over g isn't the asia version though.

also, are the boxes different? like are they in chinese or something instead of english?

got this from the Gaming-Age forums:

[quote name='"Bebpo"']Ok, here's what I've figured from the way Asia X360 releases seem to be working:

Case #1: Game is a western game
-Game comes out in Asia within 1-4 weeks of US release date.

Case #2: Game is a Japan ONLY game developed in Japan
-Game never sees an Asia version because Japanese companies are jackasses (see Region-locked games+demos) and they don't want versions out there that cost 50% have free shipping and play on their systems.

Case #3: Game is an eastern game that comes out in Japan first but then the US later
-Game gets Asia version 1-4 weeks after the US release date.

Now N3 seems to be the exception because it was made in KOREA so they made an Asia version for that territory. Otherwise everything seems to fit within those three.

So I'd say expect a Chrome Hounds Asia version in late July-August and Dead Rising Asia in Late August/September.[/quote]

so im thinking over g asian version has yet to come out. of course if the asian version isn't region free it won't really matter.

[quote name='hothitter']Its not "asian" but it is for NTSC/J[/QUOTE]

I think his point is there's a big difference between the 2 when it comes to region compatibility. Most all Asia Version games are NTSC/J as well AFAIK, but they usually have english language tracks and similar US publishers so it seems they more often have a chance of being "region-free" than the Japanese versions. Ironically, the Japanese version of Over G Fighters has a full english language track from what I've of import reviews, my guess is that if Ubisoft is the publisher for Asian version (if there is one) I'm almost positive it will be region free like their other games.

ya, either way, i may plop down 60.00 for it tomorrow. I watched a few of the HD trailers and aside from the terrible russian voice acting, the game play looks good.

Thinking about getting CoD2 from this site ... with that unwiredbuyer.com $20 thing, I'll end up getting the game itself for $20, sweet.

Edit: btw, what's up Cable. I think I remember playing Socom 2 with you and the rest of the PS2GB crew (IGN) awhile back. Good times.

Did you use Silencer as your tag? I'm trying to remember because I usually always played with the same people and we formed the RoC clan. Some of my clan and I actually started playing Socom 2 again because none of us really liked the changes Socom 3 made. We played it for a few months, but eventually went back to Socom 2.

Yeah, my tag was "SAINT_Silencer" -- you guys used to refer to me as Saint.

I agree with you on Socom 3 ... total borefest, kind of pissed I paid full cash for it. Wouldn't mind playing with some of you guys again if you do hop on Socom 2 again.

Ah! The SAINT part brought it all back. I actually sold it a while back and rebought it because people were playing again, but it seems to have died down once again. Best I can do I guess is send you a PM on here if we ever happen to play again.

Sure thing, mate.
Haven't touched my PS2 since I bought the 360, but I wouldn't mind going back to Socom 2 if given the oppurtunity, haha.

Kind of the same thing here. The only time I turn on my PS2 anymore is to play Guitar Hero. What's your XBL gamertag if you don't mind me asking? Or PM it to me if you don't want to post it here.

*Sigh* The sadness of a clan falling apart. Me and my friends *literally* spend the whole summer playing Halo the one year, then proceeded to play pretty much every day on Live with Halo 2. We don't play anymore, I wish it were otherwise :(:(:(:(

bread's done
Back