Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The problem is that all companies prepare their E3 long in advance, and it's not like they can make a quick change to really destroy. I was actually pleased with this, R&C Future QFB, PSP stuff, etc.[/quote]

You were pleased? Well I guess its not that surprising considering its you, but if their best showings were 10-15 dollar PSN games, that is a problem. PSP stuff who cares, many USA people pirate games. I just think they were certainly lacking in their press conference. If your best stuff is 10 dollar short mini-games, its not good.

[quote name='smiggity']You were pleased? Well I guess its not that surprising considering its you, but if their best showings were 10-15 dollar PSN games, that is a problem. PSP stuff who cares, many USA people pirate games. I just think they were certainly lacking in their press conference. If your best stuff is 10 dollar short mini-games, its not good.[/QUOTE]

This entire post is based on your own personal preferences. You donot care about PSP. So it is a waste? You do not care about PSN games so it is a waste.

Well I do so it worked for me.

Added that Sony has more shows this year. Why group everything together so nothing stands out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='"1Up"']Really, the game's only real misstep appears to be the questionable decision to forgo voice chat in favor of a menu of selectable text messages.[/QUOTE]

I am continually amazed at the perception that this is a good idea. At least they seem willing to change their minds.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I care about PSN games the most actually.
So I'm pretty happy with the next few months.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I've always had a higher love for XBLA and PSN games.

fatprincesslogo-4.jpg

[quote name='Magus8472']I am continually amazed at the perception that this is a good idea. At least they seem willing to change their minds.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind a combination of the two, half of the games I play you can't understand what people say when they talk, so for strategy type messages being able to quickly select something to send to your team from a limited list would be useful.

This game is just an allegory for the rat race we call life. Aren't we all just doing our "jobs", killing each other just to get a "Fat Princess" of our own.

Looks great BTW. I may need to be all over this like a fat princess on cake.

I am definitely intrigued by this game. I just hope I'll be able to actually devote time to enjoying it with all these titles coming out, and my large back catalog of yet to play/beat games.

Fat Princess is definitely a game I will buy once I purchase a PS3. Microsoft should take note on the types of games that would draw more positive interest to XBLA.

An update:

http://kotaku.com/5108099/fat-princess-takes-the-cake-voice-chat-coming
Among the other PSN titles I got to check out this week was Fat Princess. Games such as this should be covered with disclaimers saying: “Warning! This Game Will Make You Grin Like An Idiot.”

Fat Princess is a medieval-themed co-op game that pits two teams together in an all out war to rescue each others princess from the opposing side's castle. Interestingly enough, however, is that you can feed cake to your prisoner, causing the other team trouble and grief due to her increased weight. Does the 16 vs 16 player mutliplayer work? Or will it be chaotic as ever?
What you’ll notice first is the great visual style this game has. The half-cell shaded, half-drawn look really pops on the screen. But don’t go thinking this is for your kids, as the game is filled with all sorts of violence and blood. And I mean a lot of blood. Combine that with cute “Hiya” sounds the characters make when they attack adds up to a very charming little game.

The co-op is the big feature of Fat Princess. Rather than picking your character class before you spawn, you are given the option of choosing your class whenever and however many times you want simply by picking up one of the five available hats deployed inside your castle. Warrior, Wizard, Archer, Priest, and Worker. Out of those, I thought the Warrior was the most useful (and most fun). The Worker goes and gathers resources to upgrade character classes and defenses, but it's a lonely job.

This game requires a ton a strategy if you wish to succeed. Trying to organize 12 (possibly) random players into working together could be tricky. Previously, there was no voice chat support for Fat Princess, only commands to shout, but that has since changed after getting this response from Sony today.

"Yes, voice chat support is planned for Fat Princess."

So there you go.
The demo I played around with was still early. Hopefully the large amounts of screen-tearing I was seeing is fixed in the final game. Overall, Fat Princess coming along quite nicely. Priced accordingly, I think this could be a nice, cute alternative for Team Fortress 2 fans. With its customizable characters, extra game modes, and surprisingly deep strategy-driven gameplay, this could be a sleeper hit in 2009.
I'm definitely excited. :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah read that a while ago but good stuff. to be honest I prefer the non-voice chat pre-message stuff, but chat is a plus.[/QUOTE]
I agree too, but everyone demands voicechat. For a shooter it's a must, but for fighters, RPG, etc. I prefer not to have it.

wow it's being compared to TF2 - that makes me a lot more interested - and voice chat would be essential for a team based strategy like this.

[quote name='MTV']I liked “Fat Princess” a lot, yet somehow it’s still only my fourth-favorite PSN PS3 game at E3.[/quote]That's good news. :)

Wow, I haven't heard a whole lot about this game, but just from watching the previous vids, it seems pretty challenging + its being compared to tf2? I'm very interested.

The videos make me want this even more. And it seems like pretty much everything is done minus some AI tweaking.

I really hope we can get a 16 person cag team together on cag nights.

This game beats out Gears of War 2 in a heartbeat. No. IT SITS ON IT. This game sits on EVERYTHING. Uncharted 2? Nathan's spine is crushed. Infamous? Sorry, you got squashed. Final Fantasy XIII? HAH. Don't make me laugh. NOTHING will beat this game. Nothing. NOTHING KAN PREPARE YOU.

[quote name='Vanigan']Here Paco, have a piece of cake.

:p[/quote]

Too late, I already had some cake :p

It definitely looks like this game has gone a bit more tactical-based since we last saw it.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed that it's just cake (right now at least). You'd think they'd add foods that plumped her up slower or at least foods that made her slimmer (Offensive purposes)

Wow, the game had only registered for me before because of the faux controversy surrounding it's name.
I had no idea it was going to be a rts/brawler, can't wait for it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Also, I'm kind of disappointed that it's just cake (right now at least). You'd think they'd add foods that plumped her up slower or at least foods that made her slimmer (Offensive purposes)[/QUOTE]

Maybe expansions will have buckets of fried chicken and tubs of ice cream? How about some beans that, when given to the princess, causes her to fart an Area-of-Effect cloud that gradually takes away the HP from anyone in the cloud?

[quote name='Ecofreak']Maybe expansions will have buckets of fried chicken and tubs of ice cream? How about some beans that, when given to the princess, causes her to fart an Area-of-Effect cloud that gradually takes away the HP from anyone in the cloud?[/quote]

How about some Cake N Cow which makes her gain weight 2x faster then just cake? Or how about Jenny Craig Diet food which makes her lose 1/5th the weight?

Another idea would be twinkies and ho hos with the wrappers causing slippage and people falling down.

[quote name='KingBroly']Also, I'm kind of disappointed that it's just cake (right now at least). You'd think they'd add foods that plumped her up slower or at least foods that made her slimmer (Offensive purposes)[/quote]Marie-Antoinette would be pleased. Okay, it may not have been she who said, "let them eat cake." But most people associate the insult with her.

I am going to get this game and I'll be chopping down trees all day long.
wooper.gif

[quote name='guinaevere']Marie-Antoinette would be pleased. Okay, it may not have been she who said, "let them eat cake." But most people associate the insult with her.

wooper.gif
[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who expects to be chopping down trees. With the costs of upgrades I hope the trees grow back since they seemed to be running out quickly. Of course that may have been a smaller map just for demonstrations. I wish they showed the catapult thing that he mentioned.

[quote name='guinaevere']Marie-Antoinette would be pleased. Okay, it may not have been she who said, "let them eat cake." But most people associate the insult with her.

wooper.gif
[/quote]

I honestly don't care what she said, and I particularly don't care what she thinks of me in the afterlife. I'm just saying the game should have offensive/defensive foods.

Perhaps baked beans for offense so the Princess could fart and you could roll her faster.

[quote name='KingBroly']

Perhaps baked beans for offense so the Princess could fart and you could roll her faster.[/quote]

LOL, you just made me spit my drink, thanks. :lol:

bread's done
Back