Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

Hmm, I've only seen a couple of screen shots of this game and have heard nothing else about the game except for friends being excited about it. It's interesting that somebody compared this to SOCOM because I thought the beta was great up until near release when they released a few patches that just made the game awful even after game release until several patches later. Hopefully Sony has learned its lesson and won't let this game release/pass cert until it is fully functioning.

BTW, I'll take a beta code if anyone's got one :D

Socoms problem was the fact that Sony rushed it out b/c the hardcore fans were whining hard for it. This is after it was delayed twice. The beta was fine up until the last leg, but the game was quite simply not finished, and still isnt to this day. And I still play it every day b/c the gameplay is incomparable to anything else on the market, which is another reason they rushed it out.

Back on topic, I didnt mean to be harsh but a few things are clear.
-This game is NOT going to push systems like ppl thought when announced.
-It needs work, but mostly on the server side.
-Will be a lot of fun with friends

Count me in to the people who haven't touched this since the first week of the beta. I will give it another look upon release, but I have very low expectations for this. Castle Crashers this is not.

[quote name='StoneCold316']IGN has it listed as being released in Q4 2009.[/QUOTE]

I think they do that for the majority of psn games with no release date.

DAY ONE BUY. EVEN IF I DON"T PLAY IT. Got KOF but still it's FAT PRINCESS. FAT PRINCESS FOO.

So, what are the chances that a demo is available? I was very excited for this game, but reading all the beta stories/scares has me worried. I want to believe, but as it is $15 I may let others be the guinea pigs.

[quote name='Zyzomys']So, what are the chances that a demo is available? I was very excited for this game, but reading all the beta stories/scares has me worried. I want to believe, but as it is $15 I may let others be the guinea pigs.[/QUOTE]

x2

what happened in the beta that got people scared? I know it could be in the other pages in this thread, but I am to lazy to look :lol:

[quote name='tenzor']what happened in the beta that got people scared? I know it could be in the other pages in this thread, but I am to lazy to look :lol:[/QUOTE]

Laggy, couldn't find servers, mics cutting out. There's a reason the game got several months delays.

Online didn't work. Whether it was a designated game night or not, whenever you tried to get into a game via matchmaking, it would always kick you back to the start screen. You could get around it by either hosting your own game and hoping others somehow find your game or jump into a friend's game as the direct opposite way from the first option. I didn't touch the game after the first few days, so I don't know if that was fixed or not. The game itself played fine and I enjoyed just playing against AI just fine.

Matchmaking got fixed since I played quite a few matches just fine, but they severely messed up the worker towards the end of the beta where it was just painful to harvest material with him.

$15 is just out of my DD price range. :( Better than $19.99 I suppose, but still. I may get it if enough of my buddies do, otherwise I'll wait for a $9.99 or less sale. :p

I didn't know about the online problems, I was going to download Fat Princess on day one but I think I might wait to see if they fixed everything... I really don't want to have to deal with another Castle Crashers.

[quote name='evergoo']Only one word can explain this announcement: :whee:

But seriously, who's hosting Fat Princess CAG Nights? ;)[/QUOTE]

im in for a cag group for fat princess.

If no one is man enough to take on the role, I might host...and only if my Buzz Nights get re-populated again. ;)
Sundays @ 6 pm pst. Shameless plug-in ftw! :cool:
[quote name='Mad D']Aww man.. $15. I wonder if I can get some game sharing on with this (Yunkie and Goo)?[/QUOTE]
Ask Sandbag. I'm already in a gamesharing group with Beef, Suko, and James, all Smashers. I offered it to you and Joe, remember? :p
[quote name='yukine']:cool:[/QUOTE]
Those shades mean he wants you to join him.

I'll be getting this tomorrow for sure.. And it's a coincidence I have a 3 day weekend :)

It also looks like they are coming out with a HOME space for FP tomorrow as well. I hope they include game launching.

In the fully redecorated space you will find eight pieces of cake, locked away in cages. To unlock the cake and feed your Princess you need to search the space high and low for clues, these clues will give you access to the finest gateaux and, eventually, her majesty’s waistline.
icon_wink.gif

If you do manage to unlock all eight pieces of cake, and feed the Princess, a special PS Home reward will be yours – the Fat Princess’ very own throne for your personal apartment. Here are a few screenshots of the space to whet your appetite…
Found a trailer:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/PSBlogEU/videos/60/0

Source:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81275

This is going to be my first online game I pick up at launch (or download in this case). It's going to be really cool to see how different people learn to play and see the community progress and get better. I bought Warhawk about 6 months after it was released and people were so good in the airplanes that it turned me off from playing. I'm glad I'll be able to pick this one up early and learn all the maps and all that good stuff. See all of you guys on the battlefield! Feel free to add me ass a friend and invite me to any games you guys might start :D

P.S. We should definitely have a CAG night for this next week or something

This is out today, right now? Has someone tried it? Any impressions? I'm kind of interested in the game and probably would be willing to buy without trying at $10, but $15 is a price at which I need to have a pretty good feeling before I'll bite.

I'm having fun. I should make a clan called BBWButtTouch for this game. The game is pretty damn smooth considering the scale.

bread's done
Back