Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems like there's not that much of a demand since it says in the email that they'll give out codes once they've reached 1600 people.[/quote]

it says if you're one of the 1600, you'll get the code. Contest will end once 1600 entries received. So, basically, yeah, it's still open for now. However, i believe you still get your code even if 1600 entries status quote is not reached.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']From which one?[/quote]

From the PS Blog/Facebook contest... I just needed to send them my name, email, and PSN ID. Then I'm in. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']From the PS Blog/Facebook contest... I just needed to send them my name, email, and PSN ID. Then I'm in. ;)[/quote]

Ah. I entered the gamespot one and USA today one, but haven't received an email from either so I was wondering if it was from either of those.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The beggers are already showing up? :whistle2:([/quote]

Here's the Facebook message I received from Chris T. Morrell, who's from SCEA...

---
Oh, and here’s a friendly note from our legal team:

**Please Note: Anyone issued a code for the Fat Princess Beta will be linked with that code’ use and redemption. Redemption of these Beta codes are not transferable, and use of these codes by anyone other than the intended receiver will be considered a direct violation of the Beta Agreement.**

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the Fat Princess beta!!
---

So yeah, I don't think the codes are shareable, even if you get extra codes. :\

I hope the codes go out soon. I really want to play this game. I know I got in the USA Today contest, so hopefully I'll get a code.

Same here.

181mb, see you all online.

dnd21j.jpg

It's 161MB... 3 minutes left! :whee:

Edit: It has a single player mode which is good since I really have no idea wtf I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got in! USA Today got me into the Little Big Planet beta too. I'll have to check them out more often from now on. Time to go download cake and princess goodness.

Has anyone tried this in a game share? I have a code and am deciding whether I put it on a shared account or my own account.

I remember LBP not working as a share unless you deactivated the associated account prior to the share.

Options Menu, Online Store, go, go, go. Hilarious.

I'm also thinking they could get in trouble for the choice "Play with Yourself"

I tried it out and I have absolutely no clue as to what I'm doing. I know how to eat cake and feed it to the Princess and how to cut down trees and attack and pick things up. Everything else...no clue whatsoever.

[quote name='dallow']Playing single player mode? (is there one?)[/QUOTE]
Yeah just choose "Play with Yourself". It adds bots for the other players.

There's also an in-game manual which shows you how to upgrade and use each class.

I haven't finished a game yet... seems like it'll take forever.

Yeah, either the AI is very, very stupid or games are going to last 2-3 hours a piece. There's also Team Deathmatch in the beta, so I'm guessing there will be other modes like "Capture the Wench" and "Picnic Dessert"

I played a couple 32 player games with just the AI just now and finished each in under 15 minutes... Gotta use that worker for the in base catapult and siege stuff near their base.

[quote name='Hostile']Can this game be gameshared?[/QUOTE]
No

Just got an email from Gamespot. Looks like the online servers are up only on Tues and Thurs from 6-10 PST.

Dear GameSpot Member,

You have received a limited-time beta key for Fat Princess. The beta will allow you to play online every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm - 10pm PST for the next few weeks.

You are encouraged to post any feedback regarding enhancements requests and bug reports in the official beta forums and surveys provided by SCEA. .

Here is your beta key that is associated to the PSN id and email.

xAxN-xxxx-32xx Darknyss [email protected]

Important: Redemption of these Beta codes are not transferable, and use of these codes by anyone other than the intended receiver will be considered a direct violation of the Beta Agreement.

Instructions on how to redeem your Fat Princess beta key:

1. This code may be redeemed using the PlayStation®Network on a PS3
2. Create an account on the PlayStation Network (or log-in to PlayStation Network using an existing account)
3. From the PlayStation®Network icon on the XMB, select ‘PlayStation®Store’.
4. Select the ‘Redeem Codes’ icon located in the upper right of the screen. Enter code and click ‘Continue’.
5. The beta will be available for download on the next screen.
6. The beta codes are case sensitive, so if the letters are capitalized, they need to be entered as such.

Note: You will need the latest firmware in order to even access the PS Store. The file size is 165MB, so make sure you have at least 200MB free on their system before redeeming the code.

Please read through the attached guidelines before you begin playing.

Happy gaming!

- GameSpot

bread's done
Back