FGT # 12 is milky shakable. ice cream ice cream ice cream on top.

[quote name='kainzero']that japan vs us youtube clip is more like "tv show vs movie" animation

there's a big difference in that fact alone[/QUOTE]

Considering the movie looks like a standard Japanese anime? I don't think that's a valid point.

Either way, it's funny as hell. That... that's messed up.

If Dudley can drink from a tiny ass tea cup with his gloves on why can't Balrog manipulate raster layers?

Also.. I care more about Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma (I don't even use shotos) than shitty Yang and shittier Yun.

[quote name='PhrostByte']If Dudley can drink from a tiny ass tea cup with his gloves on why can't Balrog manipulate raster layers?

Also.. I care more about Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma (I don't even use shotos) than shitty Yang and shittier Yun.[/QUOTE]

With you on both those statements.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Considering the movie looks like a standard Japanese anime? I don't think that's a valid point. [/QUOTE]
movies have a much higher budget so they can afford better effects, more animations, etc.

it's really obvious.

the "american" show looks more like pokemon in terms of animation. pokemon is japanese, right?

[quote name='j-cart']Rumor list of SSF4 AE machines in North America.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/12...-north-american-super-street-fighter-4-a.html[/QUOTE]

Updated List of Official and Rumored

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/12...treet-fighter-4-arcad.html?SSScrollPosition=7

I love that both MGL and SVGL are looking to get this. That will make it so both places will probably be busy, but you won't have the entire Bay Area player base converging on one location.

LOL at Seth's "new" jump back fierce.

Seth's "new" jump back fierce = Vanilla/Super jump forward fierce

[quote name='asianxcore']Updated List of Official and Rumored

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/12...treet-fighter-4-arcad.html?SSScrollPosition=7

I love that both MGL and SVGL are looking to get this. That will make it so both places will probably be busy, but you won't have the entire Bay Area player base converging on one location.

LOL at Seth's "new" jump back fierce.

Seth's "new" jump back fierce = Vanilla/Super jump forward fierce[/QUOTE]

Woot! I work 5 minutes from Family Amusement.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']With you on both those statements.[/QUOTE]

That's cuz you and I are kindred spirits homeboy. :grouphug:

darthpuppy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MarkMan']Super Arcade tonight! Going to watch some Day 1 AE action...[/QUOTE]

This sentence confuses me. Are you watching videos of people playing on Day 1? Or are you talking about Day 1 at your local arcade?

Can anyone confirm something about the TE stick. Just want to make sure that the buttons are 30mm SANWA and that the A button uses white wire. The allen wrench set I used to take out the screw stripped one of them and I have not gotten around to digging it out.

For some reason the A button decided it didn't want to work after extremely minimal use. I thought it was the connection, but it was solid so I am going to swap out the button and the wire to try and fix the problem.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Can anyone confirm something about the TE stick. Just want to make sure that the buttons are 30mm SANWA and that the A button uses white wire. The allen wrench set I used to take out the screw stripped one of them and I have not gotten around to digging it out.

For some reason the A button decided it didn't want to work after extremely minimal use. I thought it was the connection, but it was solid so I am going to swap out the button and the wire to try and fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think they're SANWA OSBF-30 snap in.

http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-30mm-Snap-In-Buttons_c_176.html

If you have a multi meter, it may be worth checking the voltage over the connection points when pressing/releasing that button.

I'm too lazy to open mine up to check the wire colors though. I'm looking for the tutorial that noted which color wires went where though... if I find it, I'll link it up.

The best I could find was this:
To make it easier to work on, unhook the cable that hooks up the Sanwa JLF (joystick) and all of the quick disconnects hooked up to the Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons. You should write down which colored wires go to which buttons. If you didn’t, don’t worry, it’s written on the punch down, and here’s what color mine were:

X = red
Y = orange
LB = yellow
LT = blue
A = black
B = brown
RB = green
RT = purple

Keep in mind, that’s for the Marvel vs. Capcom one and the button locations are changed from the standard Tournament Edition sticks.

I can't find a picture/indication of standard rd1/rd2 etc sticks.

Hard to say here, but it looks like white/light grey go off to start select:
DSC01844.jpg

Just so you don't think that picture is fubar, I think the person disconnected the right most buttons for 3P and 3K and filled them in with the plugs making it 6 button only -- this is why yellow blue wires are not connected.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know.. I'm slightly pissed. I figure that I'll probably put down Fallout after Dead Money comes out.. and I was planning on either getting Call of Duty: Black Cops or picking SSFIV up again.. and I want the costumes. At first I was planning on getting the Ultra complete pack in April.. but damn they're making people wait like 3 months after the last pack comes out. At this point I'm thinking I'm actually going to spend the $25 bucks or whatever and get all the packs.. I'm such a tool. :(

Thanks for the help Frosty. I was able to get it fixed once I got another set of eyes on it today. It was such a simple fix I feel slightly stupid for not trying to deal with it earlier.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You know.. I'm slightly pissed. I figure that I'll probably put down Fallout after Dead Money comes out.. and I was planning on either getting Call of Duty: Black Cops or picking SSFIV up again.. and I want the costumes. At first I was planning on getting the Ultra complete pack in April.. but damn they're making people wait like 3 months after the last pack comes out. At this point I'm thinking I'm actually going to spend the $25 bucks or whatever and get all the packs.. I'm such a tool. :([/QUOTE]

Frost twin powers, activate!

Power of: spending cash frivolously.
Form of: empty wallet.
:bouncy:

Precisely.. once I get some XBL we'll play for sure though. Speaking of which, anyone selling years of XBL or points? I need both.

Really I don't spend that much on XBL or video games in general.. this year I've only bought SSFIV, Fallout New Vegas, and maybe a couple other games... and I think the only DLC I got is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (that came out this year right?) and some Street Fighter costumes. That aint too bad innit?

[quote name='distgfx']Oooooh axc...

Right after about the 1:05 mark.[/QUOTE]

Yea! I saw that on the SRK forums. 12 frames of Invincibility my ass. I can't wait to see Seth's new frame data.

If U2 can't be used for chip setups and U1 (apparently, no one has used it yet I don't think in vids) can be hit by fireballs, I'll definitely lean more into dropping the character. I'm definitely going to put some time in AE when my local arcades get it, and figure it out from there. U2 is so meh as an Ultra. If you go Air to Air with it, you have to hit it perfectly or you get like 20-40 damage. It hits in sections and only does maybe 310 on a perfect hit with a full Ultra. Also the fact that it combos in the corner is solid but even then if you hit it, you give up a mixup and momentum on recovery. Chip and Boom xx Teleport setups were my main uses for U2.

Nerfing headstomp, dive kick (again), U1 (maybe) and U2 is a little much for me. I don't care about stretchy arms.

+50 more life, +150 more stun, more damage on Lightning Legs, (?) faster boom recovery, better s.mk........fuck you Capcom

[quote name='PhrostByte']Precisely.. once I get some XBL we'll play for sure though. Speaking of which, anyone selling years of XBL or points? I need both.

Really I don't spend that much on XBL or video games in general.. this year I've only bought SSFIV, Fallout New Vegas, and maybe a couple other games... and I think the only DLC I got is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (that came out this year right?) and some Street Fighter costumes. That aint too bad innit?[/QUOTE]

Last year mayne. Maybe you got it on sale when it was only like 560 points the couple times it was on sale this year :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Chip and Boom xx Teleport setups were my main uses for U2.[/QUOTE]

YEA! I noticed!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give Gief THIS much range on his LP SPD?[/QUOTE]

Ahahahaha, holy shit!

[quote name='BackInBlack']Last year mayne. Maybe you got it on sale when it was only like 560 points the couple times it was on sale this year :)[/QUOTE]

Oh.. no I think I bought it right away even though I don't really like the game. I probably bought and played through arcade mode once with Ken/Ryu/Akuma and never played it again.

We shall play Street Fightor later this week? :bouncy:

Um.. you guys that's not Zangief's LP SPD... that's actually Shin Zangief's teleport SPD, duh.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This sentence confuses me. Are you watching videos of people playing on Day 1? Or are you talking about Day 1 at your local arcade?[/QUOTE]

I went to an arcade that has it...

[quote name='j-cart']Is that really his new range or is he just getting some lucky limb grabs?[/QUOTE]

It really could be either.

Gief/Seth do a really awesome job of grabbing button pressers :)

Being able to watch Vangief play locally a bunch, I would almost have to guess it's button pressing/limbs. So many times I've watched his Gief look like he's teleport SPD'ing :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']That shit makes no sense Jekki...[/QUOTE]

How does it not?

I live in SoCal and it's still like almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest SSF4 AE.

It just doesn't. What spike suit? Must be some sort of inside joke I know nothing about.. maybe I just have no sense of humor. ;'(

[quote name='j-cart']How does it not?

I live in SoCal and it's still like almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest SSF4 AE.[/QUOTE]

Where in SoCal do you live?

FFA and Super Arcade both have it... If you're 2 hours away from there... I'm guessing... Are you from San Diego? haha

To Jim, Roses, Frost, and anyone else who wishes to fightz0rz:

My ebay bucks certificate will be active in exactly 14 days, and I'm going to spend it on a year of XBL... so we can play then. :D

Phrost -- added.

Jimbo Slice-o -- saw your message eventually, but at the time you sent it, I had continued and the phone rang -- so I was sitting at character select ready to take on Seth. We'll play soon; I just need to adapt to the square gate in my TE -- my ultra/super execution is off from using the 8-way gate on my hori T6 stick... I keep getting fucking EX cannon spikes. And I can't get normal airborne cannon strikes to come out yet. :(

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Fast-forward to 4:50, and you'll see the FGT's good friend Option-iv on Excellent Adventures![/QUOTE]

Can't do slide into super online? THEN WHAT DOES OPTION DO TO ME?! Maaan, you can totally do all that shit online ... it's just laggy and inconsistent, LOL!

bread's done
Back