FGT #13 - it's (just about) here... GET HYPE

[quote name='heavyd853']hey i was there!

Man i shouldnt have played this game, im not going to be able to think of anything else until i get my hands on it again and i have a midterm on tuesday[/QUOTE]

Haha yea I saw some of the names and thought "Wait, is this in Seattle?"

Tomorrow's Midnight Release at my local GS can't come fast enough.

Could one of you pick up KOFXI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum before I feel stupid for buying games I already have? They're both $5.49 on Amazon Warehouse Deals.

KOFXI is a good jumping in point if you're new to the series and features 3v3 tag teams like Marvel. So if you want Marvel but only have five dollars, there you go. NGBC has a demo on XBLA if you're curious about it.

Can you get the "all characters" achievement on 1 round, low time, low health, etc. as long as it's on medium?

I'll go for it and work on my execution at the same time because I can't link for shit in real matches.

[quote name='heavyd853']hey i was there!

Man i shouldnt have played this game, im not going to be able to think of anything else until i get my hands on it again and i have a midterm on tuesday[/QUOTE]
i want to play against you

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']In an EXTREMELY cruel twist of fate, my brand new fucking Slim is dead. Freezes within 10 minutes of start-up consistently.

Trying to decide whether to return it or request a repair...

I actually have a back-up Xbox, but I won't be able to play with a hard-drive since I transferred all my data onto my Slim. fuck.[/QUOTE]

You know whats funny? The same thing happended to me with Soul Calibur IV. I got the game a week early at Radioshack (yes, Radioshack) put that sucker in and played it for an hour or so then my 360 died on me.

GODS GARDEN 3 was hype...

Lots of good players that attended.

Furumizu's Lei is O_O

And I always enjoy watching AO's Alisa...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for those who dont care Destrega drops on PSN this week[/QUOTE]

Play Paper, Rock, Scissors in style!!!

[quote name='jman619']
asianxcore it said it will be 29.99[/QUOTE]

Totally missed that. I'm in at that price.

That MODOK video is awesome. So funny how much crazy shit has been found so early.

[quote name='asianxcore']Totally missed that. I'm in at that price.[/QUOTE]

Update: While an earlier press release indicated the price for Arcana Heart 3 will be $29.99, an Aksys representative explained this price is not final. The price point is TBD. Apologies for the confusion.

It appears they took it back, lol.

Wow, what an interesting Midnight Release at my local Gamestop.

Was there with a handful of my friends, checking out the guide, playing MVC3 on the PS3 Kiosk they had at the store. Mostly playing random teams, but seeing how some of the teams we've been seeing on streams play.

Of the two hours I spent playing the game while waiting for my copy, I randomly run one of NerdJosh's teams to see how it plays. Arthur/Dante/Sentinel.

I'm having a good time, laughing at how ridiculous some of the shit I've been seeing in the game was, zone out the guy who I played against. He gets hella salty and looks at me says "Yea, but you were doing all that cheap stuff to me and playing that cheap team". So he goes on and on about how cheap that team was, so I picked a random team of Ryu/Dormammu/Wesker. The guy literally does not shut up the entire time I'm playing he's so mad.

Beat him with that team, OCV Ryu. I look over to one of my friends and say "Holy shit, I won without Arthur or Sent!". The guy I was playing didn't like that comment too much.

So for the next 2 hours or so, he's telling everyone in the store what a dick I am and that I play cheap, that everyone should be having a good time etc etc..

At one point he's talking so much shit about me, I look at him with everyone around and tell him that if he doesn't shut his trap, that I would go outside the store, fuck him up and then come back and get my copy of Marvel. The guy then says "Oh now you are being threatening". I pretty much said "Yea, I am if you don't shut the fuck up it'll be more than that".

Luckily I was with friends and 2 of my friends were also working that night at Gamestop doing the Midnight. Both of them helped ease the situation.

I have a pretty awful temper, but it was SO annoying to have one of those messages that all of us get on PSN/XBL all the time, in real life.....all 350lbs of fat and foggy glasses of it.

lol damn, my midnight release just consisted of me hanging out with friends at a bar then heading to the mall. In and out quick.

I'm actually working out this year in preparation of getting into/intervening in at least one fight at evo. Marvel games bring hype and hate in equal magnitudes, best be prepared!

[quote name='heavyd853']lol damn, my midnight release just consisted of me hanging out with friends at a bar then heading to the mall. In and out quick.

I'm actually working out this year in preparation of getting into/intervening in at least one fight at evo. Marvel games bring hype and hate in equal magnitudes, best be prepared![/QUOTE]
i hope you're prepared to beat up smallwind when he laughs at my trash talk of you!

[quote name='asianxcore']Luckily I was with friends and 2 of my friends were also working that night at Gamestop doing the Midnight. Both of them helped ease the situation.

I have a pretty awful temper, but it was SO annoying to have one of those messages that all of us get on PSN/XBL all the time, in real life.....all 350lbs of fat and foggy glasses of it.[/QUOTE]

Should have kicked his ass.

[quote name='distgfx']Should have kicked his ass.[/QUOTE]

LOL it almost happened.

When he was trying to get me to back down after calling me threatening in front of everyone (and I didn't), that's when he finally shut up and stopped talking to everyone in the store.

Also LOL at my friends comment to his face when all this was going down:

"If you can't deal with Projectiles, this game isn't for you. STAY FREE!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']He's probably one of those guys who talks about honor and shit. It's always the super-fatties, I swear.[/QUOTE]

Haha you are so far 1/1. The guy was The Blob. Also one of the kids from the show Hoaders was at my GS Midnight Release :lol:

[quote name='asianxcore']Haha you are so far 1/1. The guy was The Blob. [/QUOTE]
I thought you said "the guy was The Bob" which also may be an accurate comparison

[quote name='asianxcore']Luckily I was with friends and 2 of my friends were also working that night at Gamestop doing the Midnight. Both of them helped ease the situation.

I have a pretty awful temper, but it was SO annoying to have one of those messages that all of us get on PSN/XBL all the time, in real life.....all 350lbs of fat and foggy glasses of it.[/QUOTE]
Should have summoned Zangief.

[quote name='heavyd853']I'm actually working out this year in preparation of getting into/intervening in at least one fight at evo. Marvel games bring hype and hate in equal magnitudes, best be prepared![/QUOTE]
IT'S ON!!! Street fight money match! :bouncy:

MVC2 is crack. Played 60+ games with a couple of my friends. Lost track of time.

Tomorrow's SSFIV/MVC3 session at our local arcade is going to be nuts.

@ asian - Interesting GS story and highly believable. I'm not sure about everyone else but my midnight launch was filled with a ton of idiots, as always. Most the guys (and ugly fat girls) in the line were trying to gain attention by being as load and obnoxious as possible. Maybe I'm just an old cranky man but kids really annoy me.

[quote name='Rodimus']@ asian - Interesting GS story and highly believable. I'm not sure about everyone else but my midnight launch was filled with a ton of idiots, as always. Most the guys (and ugly fat girls) in the line were trying to gain attention by being as load and obnoxious as possible. Maybe I'm just an old cranky man but kids really annoy me.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious... how young were these kids?

I was probably the oldest there by a few years. (I'm 29) So I'm guessing the majority of the crowd was High-school/college.

Great story asianguy. I, too, hate fat people :D

Is marvel any good? I moved to israel and left my xbox with my sister and my psthree with my ex. Hopefully within the year ill be playing some real life call of duty though.

[quote name='Rodimus']Most the guys (and ugly fat girls) in the line were trying to gain attention by being as load and obnoxious as possible. Maybe I'm just an old cranky man but kids really annoy me.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. I'm only 27 and people like that annoy me :lol:

IPlayWinner.com is streaming our local session tonight (first time in a while), so tune in around 9-9:30 PST? if you aren't doing anything else.

Check their page for the link!
www.iplaywinner.com

[quote name='Rodimus']I was probably the oldest there by a few years. (I'm 29) So I'm guessing the majority of the crowd was High-school/college.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm with you on that. I'm only 27 and people like that annoy me :lol:

IPlayWinner.com is streaming our local session tonight (first time in a while), so tune in around 9-9:30 PST? if you aren't doing anything else.

Check their page for the link!
www.iplaywinner.com[/QUOTE]

Wow... I feel so... young. I had no idea axc was 27! I also didn't notice Rodimus lives in FL too. The college kids here piss me off and I'm one of them!

bread's done
Back