FGT #13 - it's (just about) here... GET HYPE

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I just now got some delicious hate mail in SSFIV. I ended this guy's win streak, and he proceeded to boot me out of his room. Then I get the following...
[/QUOTE]

He was trying to get that 10 Endless Wins Achievement. You upset him.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes, you're quite good at avoiding being hit ... you'd make a terrible wife.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'd be like permanently in the Matrix.

I wasn't planning on going to tonite's fight club thing, but apparently they're gone have 3ds there!!

apparently there's also over 100 ppl already in line rite now too, and the thing doesn't even start for like another 8 hours -_-

[quote name='JEKKI']I wasn't planning on going to tonite's fight club thing, but apparently they're gone have 3ds there!!

apparently there's also over 100 ppl already in line rite now too, and the thing doesn't even start for like another 8 hours -_-[/QUOTE]

I get off work in an hour or so. I plan to head there right afterwards. The supposed 200+ people already in line...

Going to drive by and check it out. Looks small enough then I'll wait. If the line is huge, maybe I can wait till the 15th.

[quote name='JEKKI']lemme know!! I'm like 15 miles away but don't get off here til 5[/QUOTE]

Check your PM. I get off work at 3pm and I'm only a block away from the event.

[quote name='asianxcore']Seriously, I'd be like permanently in the Matrix.[/QUOTE]

You'd option select a frying pan to your husband's head.

[quote name='distgfx']You'd option select a frying pan to your husband's head.[/QUOTE]

LOL

[quote name='JEKKI']I wasn't planning on going to tonite's fight club thing, but apparently they're gone have 3ds there!!

apparently there's also over 100 ppl already in line rite now too, and the thing doesn't even start for like another 8 hours -_-[/QUOTE]

How many people usually fill up these things?

I really want to go to the SF MVC3 Launch Party next week, but I really don't want to spend 8 hours or anywhere near it standing around in San Francisco. Even if it is with a bunch of my friends.

Also heard Hieroglyphics are playing :(

I played Street Fighter 3DS!!!

3DS is freakin legit. I had my expectations for the system, but I didnt know the system would do 3D as good as I just experienced it. I was very impressed, visually that is.

I played in the 'Dynamic Mode' which basically serves for the sole purpose of showing off 3D, and I had the 3D bar all the way to the top.

when your moving towards and away from your opponent, as well as jumping towards and away, the 3D distance pull between the two characters is huge and very apparent.

I also tested out doing Super and Ultra moves, but those are so fast and flashy it's more difficult to acknowledge the 3D compared to basic back and forth movement.

and of course, the menus and character select screen are all 3D. I didnt play basic 2D mode but Shimi did so he can let yallz kno how that goes.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']But he called me a bad word! :([/QUOTE]
No excuse, meanie. Treat others like you want to be treated, Beef Jerky. :nottalking:
[quote name='distgfx']Jimbo, did you send hank his package yet?[/QUOTE]
Nope. :cry:

[quote name='JEKKI']I played Street Fighter 3DS!!!

3DS is freakin legit. I had my expectations for the system, but I didnt know the system would do 3D as good as I just experienced it. I was very impressed, visually that is.

I played in the 'Dynamic Mode' which basically serves for the sole purpose of showing off 3D, and I had the 3D bar all the way to the top.

when your moving towards and away from your opponent, as well as jumping towards and away, the 3D distance pull between the two characters is huge and very apparent.

I also tested out doing Super and Ultra moves, but those are so fast and flashy it's more difficult to acknowledge the 3D compared to basic back and forth movement.

and of course, the menus and character select screen are all 3D. I didnt play basic 2D mode but Shimi did so he can let yallz kno how that goes.[/QUOTE]

It was good meeting you and Shimi though once inside we lost each other.

3DS works, but i dont need one.

MvC3 is beautiful. Not all characters were unlocked, but damn this game is going to be fun. 800+ people there, got two rounds in both playing Super Skrull/Wesker/Spencer. Game is going to be filled many moments of fun and rage quits, but god damn does this game have style.

Get hyped for the new breed of fighting games!

[quote name='j-cart']It was good meeting you and Shimi though once inside we lost each other.

3DS works, but i dont need one.

MvC3 is beautiful. Not all characters were unlocked, but damn this game is going to be fun. 800+ people there, got two rounds in both playing Super Skrull/Wesker/Spencer. Game is going to be filled many moments of fun and rage quits, but god damn does this game have style.

Get hyped for the new breed of fighting games![/QUOTE]
Nice meetin up with ya too man, seeing the line, I knew I wasn't gonna be sticking around long inside, it was hella packed. I heard you saying "ok, we'll probably lose each other..." and that's all I heard lol, just stuck with Jekkster.

Normal mode w/ the 3DS was pretty legit, it doesn't pop out, it's more of the "visuals are deep inside the screen", which was pretty neat. It's like looking into a box and watching the characters go at it.

MvC3 looked so slick on those screens, didn't get to play it tho, the lines just stacked up and took forever, so I didn't bother.

Seeing Mega Ran up there was a surprise though, I cracked a smile once he fired up Splash Woman and started freestylin haha

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Nice meetin up with ya too man, seeing the line, I knew I wasn't gonna be sticking around long inside, it was hella packed. I heard you saying "ok, we'll probably lose each other..." and that's all I heard lol, just stuck with Jekkster.

Normal mode w/ the 3DS was pretty legit, it doesn't pop out, it's more of the "visuals are deep inside the screen", which was pretty neat. It's like looking into a box and watching the characters go at it.

MvC3 looked so slick on those screens, didn't get to play it tho, the lines just stacked up and took forever, so I didn't bother.

Seeing Mega Ran up there was a surprise though, I cracked a smile once he fired up Splash Woman and started freestylin haha[/QUOTE]

So you were like:

Kintaro-funnyface_2.jpg

[quote name='FADC into coffee']does ssfiv run at 60fps in both 2d and 3d mode? DOA doesn't....[/QUOTE]

Apparently both are like this:

2D: 60 fps
3D: 30 fps

Got to play SSFIV: AE & KOF XIII for 4 hours straight yesterday with a couple of my friends. No lines!

When the people you play don't know the Seth matchup, Seth AE looks godlike :lol:

Had streaks of 13, 6 and 6. Seth's matchups against Ken & Cammy are sort of weird now. Has a little trouble getting out of the corner against some characters now (Bison).

Seeing KOFXIII in motion was awesome. This needs to get a console release ASAP.

[quote name='asianxcore']Got to play SSFIV: AE & KOF XIII for 4 hours straight yesterday with a couple of my friends. No lines!

When the people you play don't know the Seth matchup, Seth AE looks godlike :lol:

Had streaks of 13, 6 and 6. Seth's matchups against Ken & Cammy are sort of weird now. Has a little trouble getting out of the corner against some characters now (Bison).

Seeing KOFXIII in motion was awesome. This needs to get a console release ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Both need a console release so I can actually play them.

EDIT:

SSFIV Arcade Edition Tournament Stream ... for those who are bored/care.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leveluplive

Last edited by a moderator:
Markman / anyone know when MvC3 is actually going to ship to retailers? I scored TvC like 3 days early from my local K-Mart, hoping to do the same with Marvel 3.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Markman / anyone know when MvC3 is actually going to ship to retailers? I scored TvC like 3 days early from my local K-Mart, hoping to do the same with Marvel 3.[/QUOTE]

You owe me an early copy if you snag one!

[quote name='j-cart']You owe me an early copy if you snag one![/QUOTE]

By the time you'd get it, it'd be way past release date unless he overnights the fucker, lol.

[quote name='distgfx']By the time you'd get it, it'd be way past release date unless he overnights the fucker, lol.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha and you guys know how timely I am with shipping shit.
Ask Hank.

I got ragequit on in a Ranked Match today after OCV'ing the dude with Colossus (CapCom assist). Pretty funny.

I sent him a message that just said "RAGE"

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Markman / anyone know when MvC3 is actually going to ship to retailers? I scored TvC like 3 days early from my local K-Mart, hoping to do the same with Marvel 3.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping the 15th isn't a ship date. I can't wait for this game.

Hopeing to get MvC3 on time but I'll be so fucking busy with work for a month straight I won't have time to commit... on top of programming a fucking film festival -_-

love the new stick MM

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']love the new stick MM[/QUOTE]
i like the fact that it says "the original tournament edition"

lol at people trying to be like MC
can't even put the right buttons on

The Gamestop I pre-ordered at is participating in the Midnight Release.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! 5 minute drive!

My GS is having a midnight launch also. I get off work at 11:30pm, 30 minute drive home, pick up my copy and play till 3AM. I even have the next day off work. Everything works out great.

Mine too. For me it's like a 3 minute drive.

Also, just to show how excited I am for MvC3, I changed my Avatar.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Pocket fighter is on PSN now... tempted but its PS3 only :([/QUOTE]

Why the hell is it PS3 only? That sucks balls. Half the joy of PSN PSOne games is throwing them on PSP.

Played Marvel for 2 hours today. Some impressions...

+ Unlocking the 4 characters is VERY easy, playing versus mode they unlocked in about an hour of play time.

+ The game definitely offers its own unique feel. It does NOT feel anything like TvC or MvC2, regardless of what scrubby reviewers say.

+ Phoenix is a ton of fun to play. I kept on going back to her because I was really digging her style. Dark Phoenix is insanely good too, at one point I was just spamming her QCF+H projectile (two balls of fire that track) and it seemed impenetrable with slow characters.

+ She-Hulk isn't as mundane as she looks in videos and stuff. She is a fun character to play. Her QCF+H running throw dizzies and sets up lots of insanity.

+ Tried that Hulk combo (Hard attack -> Meteor super) against Phoenix and sure enough, it kills her.

+ Even though I played the shit out of TvC and have been playing Marvel for years, I couldn't stop dropping combos. They definitely have a different feel to them.

+ The game seems like it is seriously going to be the most broken game ever... looking forward to seeing how it plays out over time.

+ Every character feels different. The VS series standard of Weak, Medium, Hard, Special, Super doesn't seem to work with most of the characters... in other words the characters aren't as pick up and play friendly. You definitely have to learn each individual characters moves list and normals. This is a good thing.

+ Arthur seems really bad. Not having any kind of dash kills it, because as soon as the opponent gets in he is done. His best projectiles so far seem to be his axe, torch and crossbow. His supers are a pain too... a keep away character without an instantly accessible beam super is a tough sell. I look forward to someone playing him effectively down the line so I can see how it is done, because I couldn't figure it out today. DEFINITELY needs a good assist pairing.

+ Dormammu was a lot of fun to play. His moves list is unique and interesting. He is similar to Blackheart a little bit, but not as much as I thought he was going to be.

+ Chun seems rock solid, as does C. Viper. Getting used to doing Viper's electric punches with QCF was weird.

+ When I was playing as Sentinel, I kept on doing QCF+KK (which is actually in this QCF+Special+Assist 1) and kept on getting crossover combinations. Still not used to doing it with QCB, haha. Stupid muscle memory.

+ My friend is going away, so that was the only time I will get to play it till it releases. I am fiending!

+ Deadpool is every bit as well done as he seemed in the videos. Him yelling "YO MAMMA" during some of his normals is hilarious.

+ Spidey feels like a new character in a lot of ways. His web-zip is a great addition. I wish they gave him a new super, though. He has the best alternate costumes in the game.

+ Wolverine doesn't look like a crappily animated dwarf anymore, which is a welcome change. He is a blast to play and I was never big on him before.

+ Dante will take forever to learn. His moves list is ridiculous.

+ Although Taskmaster looks really basic in the videos, he was actually a good bit of fun to play.

+ Hsien-Ko's air dash is REALLY fucking slow.

+ Akuma was really fun to play as. He has a fresh feel to him.

+ Ryu is Ryu.

+ Time overs are very common, seeming to happen in about 1/3rd of the matches. Could be because we weren't exactly top tier players yet, but I could see this staying common down the line. As people get better at playing the game, they get better at defense as well.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If anyone has any Q's I can do my best to answer. I played every character at least once.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']\+ The game seems like it is seriously going to be the most broken game ever... looking forward to seeing how it plays out over time.[/QUOTE]
YES :bouncy:

Thanks for the info, Jimbo. :D

And Tattoo Assassins Turbo would be too hype.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Played Marvel for 2 hours today. Some impressions...
[/QUOTE]

Waaaaaaaait a minute... this game leaked on torrents today... :whistle2:k

[quote name='distgfx']Waaaaaaaait a minute... this game leaked on torrents today... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing I thought of. I didn't really want to mention it,but since you did I might as well. I know a few people that got it. A guy online was bragging he got to play it 6 days before I do.

Thanks for the write-up Jim!

Not going to the SF Fight Club, so I'll have to wait until Monday @ Midnight.

Already thinking:

Dante/Doom/Phoenix
Dante/Sent/Phoenix

We'll see how their Assists/DHC's work with each other.

bread's done
Back