FGT # XVIII misses fried chicken... f**k living in Orange County...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Hit confirms are a privilege, not a right, doubly so when shit's lagging. [/QUOTE]

Games with chac and icebeast were great... but you and Joel... not so much.

[quote name='distgfx']Games with chac and icebeast were great... but you and Joel... not so much.[/QUOTE]

Joel's connection was definitely worse than yours. That dude was teleporting all over my screen.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Joel's connection was definitely worse than yours. That dude was teleporting all over my screen.[/QUOTE]

When he started dashing, it was hard to keep track of where he was. When I picked ibuki, it got even worse when we were both dashing! GGPO is fucking great when it works, but we all knew it wasn't a miracle fix for bad connections.

After playing some randoms in 3S Online, it makes me wish 3S was still on GGPO for PC. I appreciate what they've done with porting it over and the bonus content, but I really miss GGPO's lobby system. I could see everyone that was online, who was ready to play, chat, and see actual ping times rather than ambiguous GREEN YELLOW RED that doesn't tell me shit. Plus I swear that my online connections were much better on PC. Shit, I can't even see who I'm playing with a ranked match. It's just "pick ranked match, wait, random opponent appears, connection is shit, resist urge to disconnect". SSFIV lets me select my opponent in ranked matches so I don't get paired up with somebody with a shit connection to compliment my shit connection.

Makes me wish I would've played a bunch more GGPO 3S before it got removed. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Think I'm gonna skip MKK for now, everyone seems to think the online is completely unplayable and that is truly the only reason I'd buy it. Certainly not buying it to fight against the AI.

What, you don't like fighting the MK AI? First two dudes are braindead, 3rd has a blood feud against you for what you've done to AI Dumbasses 1 and 2. Then you continue, and dude got lobotomized.

Thus, the cycle begins anew.

Haha the best is playing the UMK3 AI with Robot Smoke, doing jumk-back and kick.... computer will, 95% of the time (at least in arcade version AI) shoot their projectile. Cancel your kick into Smoke Uppercut, and it's a free 40% combo.

Without that trick, the game is fucking impossible.

I seriously sat at a friend's house for 2 hours trying to beat MK2 without using Kitana to kill off Kintaro and Shao Kahn. I ended up giving in and using her to smoke Shao Kahn.

In UMK3, I just spammed Kung Lao spins and dive kick juggles when I got pissed at the AI.

MK AI is a bitch.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Makes me wish I would've played a bunch more GGPO 3S before it got removed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Guess who asked you to play all the time? :nottalking:

I've decided that in SSF4 I'm going to try and learn Chun-Li. It'll be my first charge character.

I'm going to play some more 3SOE next week because I've got a backlog that needs sprucing up.

I'll get right on it then.

I'm trying to do cr.fierce > HCB fierce > Ultra 2, but my timing might be off.

Anyone in here collect Sega CD games? I have a bunch, many disc-only but some with cases that I'm looking to unload. I'd let them go for next to nothing.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'll get right on it then.

I'm trying to do cr.fierce > HCB fierce > Ultra 2, but my timing might be off.[/QUOTE]

That's a chun combo in AE?

[quote name='distgfx']That's a chun combo in AE?[/QUOTE]

Does Chun even have a HCB/P move in SSFIV?

I know Hazanshu is HCB/K, but why not just do EX Legs XX Ultra 1/Ultra 2?

Luckily it looks like Chun is getting some help in AE 2012 after getting some of her more broken shit taken away from Super.

Learn how to use both Ultras effectively (and you will have to use U1 in some matchups) and learn her ground/footsies game.

[quote name='asianxcore']Does Chun even have a HCB/P move in SSFIV?

Luckily it looks like Chun is getting some help in AE 2012 after getting some of her more broken shit taken away from Super.

Learn how to use both Ultras effectively (and you will have to use U1 in some matchups) and learn her ground/footsies game.[/QUOTE]
judging from his 3s videos, he has a lot more work to do.

[quote name='asianxcore']Does Chun even have a HCB/P move in SSFIV?

Learn how to use both Ultras effectively (and you will have to use U1 in some matchups) and learn her ground/footsies game.[/QUOTE]

It is HCB/K. Maybe my terminology sucks.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone in here collect Sega CD games? I have a bunch, many disc-only but some with cases that I'm looking to unload. I'd let them go for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]u got dat Mickey Mania & Dark Wizard??

or anything by Working Designs?!?!

lol I only want rare n expensive stuff =P

[quote name='kainzero']judging from his 3s videos, he has a lot more work to do.[/QUOTE]

LOL Ouch

[quote name='heavyd853']stand strong, sweep

you win[/QUOTE]

+ Abusing Throw

I bet Jimbo has 3 copies of Sonic CD US, Road Avenger, Cobra Command, Black Hole Assault, Racing Aces, and a sealed copy of Revengers of Vengeance.

I'll make a list tomorrow, but I don't have any of the rare ass shit. I know I have Night Trap, which is a bit of an oddity. Like I said, I expect next to nothing for these. I'd probably trade the lost for a PS1 game or two haha.

2 am and Im bored and hungry, baaaaaaad combo.

Here's hoping I come back alive and with no illegitimate children on the way.

[quote name='heavyd853']2 am and Im bored and hungry, baaaaaaad combo.

Here's hoping I come back alive and with no illegitimate children on the way.[/QUOTE]

Did you talk to any palm readers earlier?

[quote name='heavyd853']2 am and Im bored and hungry, baaaaaaad combo.

Here's hoping I come back alive and with no illegitimate children on the way.[/QUOTE]
You can be the Markman of Nintendo, bro!!

[quote name='asianxcore']LOL Ouch[/QUOTE]
i say that, but rookies improve super fast nowadays.

in a month he might be doing chun's infinite like nothing.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And then this usually happens. [/QUOTE]
it's like you already posted this!

apparently the strategy is to throw random fireballs, hope that lag prevents parry (which apparently it does for you), and then dash into whiff sweep!

[quote name='kainzero']it's like you already posted this!

apparently the strategy is to throw random fireballs, hope that lag prevents parry (which apparently it does for you), and then dash into whiff sweep![/QUOTE]

That's how EVERY Akuma plays online. I got some parries in though at least. I'm not going to pretend like I'm the parrying god or some shit, so I won't entirely blame missed parries on lag but rather my shitty timing. ^__^

Also 80% of people online don't know how to block.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Also 80% of people online don't know how to block.[/QUOTE]
some of us are trying to parry.
played a remy last night and i couldn't parry sonic booms or the second hit of c.hk. it was terrible.

also had the cool hit confirm into lag block, where it looks like they got hit but then it turns into a block halfway through so you do your super and blow your meter.

Yeah hate that hit confirm into lag block.

You can try to parry all day, but sometimes you just need to block instead of trying to parry with lag. If you're in the corner and I'm Urien, spamming tackles into mirrors, you should probably try to block. IMO anyway.

I am the devourer of worlds.

Also, I am on heavily focused on my new work projects.

I'm coming back to fighting games really soon.

[quote name='j-cart']I heard he is a hoarder of these things called "arcade sticks."[/QUOTE]

El Sticko? THAT FIEND!

Managed to do Chun's 12th Trial. I'm having trouble with her 11th though. I can do the Target Combo and the Back+MK, but I can't seem to do the UD+K before the EX SBK.

P.S. - Someone throw down some Fighting Game forum lingo so I can learn it for the future.

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to do that and 13 for her. I tried to do 22, but my timing's off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LostRoad']
You were too happy in that video Asian, where was the stick throwing? Gotta keep that shit real![/QUOTE]

Hahaha true story.

They could have always videotaped me while I help Haunts IPW with MVC3/AE tourneys on Wednesdays here and there. I usually yell at people, talk shit and call people out for being "PS3 Only" or "I can only play on this setup" etc, kind of players.

Can't stand players who come to any tournament unprepared. It wastes my time and makes things take longer. I'm never afraid to let them know to their face, regardless of who they are.

[quote name='kainzero']i say that, but rookies improve super fast nowadays.

in a month he might be doing chun's infinite like nothing.[/QUOTE]

This is true for a good percentage of new players I meet that it's frikkin' scary.

[quote name='MarkMan']I am the devourer of worlds.

Also, I am on heavily focused on my new work projects.

I'm coming back to fighting games really soon.[/QUOTE]
Whatchoo doin' on a FPS stream, Mark? ;)

The MLG pad looks pretty customizable, but can it have a six button front?

bread's done
Back