FGT XXIII ver. 2013 buffed everyone but ReRo

Haven't been in this thread (or on CAG except for the occasional look at the deals page) in forever, my bad. Jekki sorry it didn't work out with you coming, I was shitty and forgot to plan with you. I'm hella broke anyway (for the first time in forever - I forgot how bad it sucks).

I'm still in for Evo though, and maybe we can do a meetup in Thrilladelphia in the fall / winter of 14. You guys are more than welcome to stay at my place, might get a little crowded because after we signed the lease for the first spot that was huge a few things fell through and we had to settle for a smaller house, but could definitely sleep 3-4 without too much hassle.

Anyway, I'll pop my head in more and we can collaborate on Evo. Can't wait, been playing hella Killer Instinct. I think I'm getting pretty good.

Oh yeah, any of you nukkas playing the Hearthstone beta? I used to be a Magic dork so I'm loving it. Reply here or shoot me a PM if you want and we can add each other. I couldn't remember my old b-net account that was attached to my junk email address, so I had to make my new one using my professional email (hence me not wanting to post it here).

I want to try to make it out to EVO again if possible. It'll be around the time I will be moving from graduate school back to my hometown. It mostly depends on the need for financial stability, etc. It's a big mystery currently.

I took my daughter to one of those bounce house places with all those inflatable slides and castles. They had a Tekken 5: DR machine so while she was playing I got a few tokens and started to go through arcade mode. I've been playing a little Tekken at night for a few months now so my game is decent.

Before I knew it a crowd of kids (probably around 8-10 years old) had surrounded me. After some time they ran and got some tokens themselves to challenge me. I warned them I wasn't going to lose. My daughter even stopped jumping around to watch me annihilate these kids. I found a little step and gave the best view right in the front, between me and the machine. I never play games around her at home so this was the first time she saw daddy's true form. It was no challenge, I crushed them soundly using Ganryu as a main. Only because it seemed to piss them off I was using a "fat man", they're lucky Bob wasn't in there.  After a bunch of wins my daughter got bored and so did I. They ran out of money so I gave the kids the rest of my tokens. I guess I'm a bit of an asshole but it felt good since older guys used to smoke me in the arcades when I was a kid.

I told my wife about it later but she rolled her eyes at me jokingly saying I'm such a child. I guess I am but it was fun. Plus my daughter wouldn't shut up for the rest of the night saying "Daddy used the fat man and beat everyone." She must have been impressed.

I took my daughter to one of those bounce house places with all those inflatable slides and castles. They had a Tekken 5: DR machine so while she was playing I got a few tokens and started to go through arcade mode. I've been playing a little Tekken at night for a few months now so my game is decent.

Before I knew it a crowd of kids (probably around 8-10 years old) had surrounded me. After some time they ran and got some tokens themselves to challenge me. I warned them I wasn't going to lose. My daughter even stopped jumping around to watch me annihilate these kids. I found a little step and gave the best view right in the front, between me and the machine. I never play games around her at home so this was the first time she saw daddy's true form. It was no challenge, I crushed them soundly using Ganryu as a main. Only because it seemed to piss them off I was using a "fat man", they're lucky Bob wasn't in there. After a bunch of wins my daughter got bored and so did I. They ran out of money so I gave the kids the rest of my tokens. I guess I'm a bit of an asshole but it felt good since older guys used to smoke me in the arcades when I was a kid.

I told my wife about it later but she rolled her eyes at me jokingly saying I'm such a child. I guess I am but it was fun. Plus my daughter wouldn't shut up for the rest of the night saying "Daddy used the fat man and beat everyone." She must have been impressed.
that is awesome. you were kindly trolling them with Ganryu :p

glad to hear life is good :)

Before I knew it a crowd of kids (probably around 8-10 years old) had surrounded me. After some time they ran and got some tokens themselves to challenge me. I warned them I wasn't going to lose. My daughter even stopped jumping around to watch me annihilate these kids. I found a little step and gave the best view right in the front, between me and the machine. I never play games around her at home so this was the first time she saw daddy's true form. It was no challenge, I crushed them soundly using Ganryu as a main. Only because it seemed to piss them off I was using a "fat man", they're lucky Bob wasn't in there. After a bunch of wins my daughter got bored and so did I. They ran out of money so I gave the kids the rest of my tokens. I guess I'm a bit of an asshole but it felt good since older guys used to smoke me in the arcades when I was a kid.

I told my wife about it later but she rolled her eyes at me jokingly saying I'm such a child. I guess I am but it was fun. Plus my daughter wouldn't shut up for the rest of the night saying "Daddy used the fat man and beat everyone." She must have been impressed.
v7trh4.jpg

That reminds me of what happened at South by Southwest the year after Tekken 6 came out.  I dont even play the game, but I put in 2 weeks into Alisa when the game first came out.  My crowd was adults and teenagers who largely actually knew how to play the game a little, they were just terrible.  Also I had to play on a controller which I wasnt used to :p

sxsw.jpg

Haven't been in this thread (or on CAG except for the occasional look at the deals page) in forever, my bad. Jekki sorry it didn't work out with you coming, I was shitty and forgot to plan with you. I'm hella broke anyway (for the first time in forever - I forgot how bad it sucks).

I'm still in for Evo though, and maybe we can do a meetup in Thrilladelphia in the fall / winter of 14. You guys are more than welcome to stay at my place, might get a little crowded because after we signed the lease for the first spot that was huge a few things fell through and we had to settle for a smaller house, but could definitely sleep 3-4 without too much hassle.

Anyway, I'll pop my head in more and we can collaborate on Evo. Can't wait, been playing hella Killer Instinct. I think I'm getting pretty good.

Oh yeah, any of you nukkas playing the Hearthstone beta? I used to be a Magic dork so I'm loving it. Reply here or shoot me a PM if you want and we can add each other. I couldn't remember my old b-net account that was attached to my junk email address, so I had to make my new one using my professional email (hence me not wanting to post it here).
Count me in for a Philli trip, sounds great! (Work pending and whatnot obv). Also yes, evo will be hype this year!

maaaaan the whole point of the Philly trip too was for Rero & me to get tattoos lol.

matching ones if we end up being in the mood at the time of.

Anyone here play Nidhogg as well? I'd play more of it if I could but grad school is a bitch still (last semester almost done!)
I want to try it, but I have such a hard time getting into PC games for whatever reason.

Count me in for a Philli trip, sounds great! (Work pending and whatnot obv). Also yes, evo will be hype this year!
Awesome.

maaaaan the whole point of the Philly trip too was for Rero & me to get tattoos lol.

matching ones if we end up being in the mood at the time of.
hahaha

Long shot, but any of you fools got a copy of Splatterhouse for 360 that you're looking to get rid of? I just beat 2 on Sega Genesis earlier today and I got the Splatterhouse fever. Love that series.

40535f9da2e533ffa301977b0e5b0648-d33nae7.jpg

got it.

I went with the cheapest option this time because:

all rooms are the same size apparently (400 sq feet)

For an extra $10/night we get a better window view and a fridge, both of which are worthless.

for an extra $50/night we get complimentary water bottles, newspaper, phone calls, a printer, spa robes, etc :barf:

so yah, ~$300 even after taxes for Jul 10 - 14.

before taxes (12%), the per day rate is 49+85+85+49

got it.

I went with the cheapest option this time because:

all rooms are the same size apparently (400 sq feet)

For an extra $10/night we get a better window view and a fridge, both of which are worthless.

for an extra $50/night we get complimentary water bottles, newspaper, phone calls, a printer, spa robes, etc :barf:

so yah, ~$300 even after taxes for Jul 10 - 14.

before taxes (12%), the per day rate is 49+85+85+49
Awesome dude, who's all in this year besides me, you and Bud?

Thanks for getting it by the way, dude. You want the money at Evo? I could mail you a check if you'd prefer that. Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
at the time of.

the per head rate changes depending on how many ppl room with us obviously.

we may not know til the last minute, but as of now everyone is invited to stay with us!!

Awesome dude, who's all in this year besides me, you and Bud?

Thanks for getting it by the way, dude. You want the money at Evo? I could mail you a check if you'd prefer that. Let me know.

at the time of.

the per head rate changes depending on how many ppl room with us obviously.

we may not know til the last minute, but as of now everyone is invited to stay with us!!
Add me to the list!

----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhECaPwsho

Evo early bird registration ends sunday:

http://evo.shoryuken.com/registration/

which includes spectator passes.

becoz after 2-3 days of spending away all my money on food / drinks / gambling,

all I wanna do is sit down in a loud room and play 3DS and ipad,

occasionally looking up at the monitors to see what everyone is screaming about.

Evo early bird registration ends sunday:

http://evo.shoryuken.com/registration/

which includes spectator passes.

becoz after 2-3 days of spending away all my money on food / drinks / gambling,

all I wanna do is sit down in a loud room and play 3DS and ipad,

occasionally looking up at the monitors to see what everyone is screaming about.
Ah fuck I somehow missed this. Damn.

Oh yeah but good news, another Philly guy is going to come out! So there will be 3 of us :)

Last edited by a moderator:
yo I'll give u my PS3 stick for free if you can reunite me with my long lost friend Shimi.

I'm not lying either; u get a stick, I get a date to Giamelas.

it's a win win.

What you d00ds wanna do this year? I know we've done it a bunch but I'd love to hit the Pinball Hall of Fame again this year. And play craps. Lots and lots of craps.

and eat like a pig and drink like a fish. Been working 6 days a week for the last 2 months... I neeeeeed this vacation yo

happy birthday to everyone's favorite person in FGT!

Shimi!!!

I think he would be 28 if he were still here alive with us

but he is not

becoz he is dead

and we all miss him!

bread's done
Back